Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,403 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

Atheist Says Spirit Is Nothing Because It Is Non Physical & Invisible - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist Says Spirit Is Nothing Because It Is Non Physical & Invisible (2814 Views)

This Atheist Says He Died And Returned - Now, He Believes In God / Lady Narrates Her Scary Experience With An Invisible Man In Lagos / The Holy Spirit Is Still At Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheist Says Spirit Is Nothing Because It Is Non Physical & Invisible by triplechoice(m): 10:20pm On Apr 23
TenQ:

No Sir,

One of your Illustrations you used was according to the Websters dictionary to prove that Grief is Tangible (even though I explained taya that it was a figure of speech to no avail)

/Her Grief was tangible

Please respond:
Just as Grief and Life is Tangible according to you,
What if I tell you that the Soul is tangible, what will you say?
I didn't use any websters dictionary to define grief. You're mistaking me for someone else.

I just explained how grief is tangible. Read my response up there. Soul is tangible , but what's soul is misconstrued in religion. Soul simply refers to the real person. You're soul and not that you have a soul.
Are you not tangible? Yes you're.
So , soul is tangible

1 Like

Re: Atheist Says Spirit Is Nothing Because It Is Non Physical & Invisible by triplechoice(m): 10:35pm On Apr 23
TenQ:

Too bad!
Pearls are not given to pigs.

If you cannot comprehend that Realities that are NOT Tangible exist, it is meaningless explanation to you.

Sorry, when you grow up in understanding
You dont have any pears to give,and name calling amd insults wont win you an argument. It reveals your frustration that you're losing the debate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheist Says Spirit Is Nothing Because It Is Non Physical & Invisible by TenQ: 10:52pm On Apr 23
FRANCISTOWN:

Obviously. The person behind the moniker TenQ doesn't understand elementary physics and computer science.
You are the professor of Physics abi!
And who told you that I was making definitions for physics students. Lets see how your ignorance play out

MY QUESTION:
TenQ:
Again my Challenge to Atheists:
1. If an existence is not tangible i.e. cannot be measured in terms of Mass, Dimension, Energy and Time, does it prove it doesn't exist?

YOUR RESPONSE:
FRANCISTOWN:

First of all. The fundamental law of the universe with respect to physics doesn't say
whatever cannot be measured in terms of mass, Dimension, Energy and time doesn't exist.
This is what the tangibility of existence means according to the fundamental law of the universe with respect to physics.

The fundamental law of universe with respect to physics is that. The substances that made up the universe are either observable or touchable or being felt or interactive (with or without laboratory equipments.)

For instance, energy and force can't be seen(often than not). But when you hit your head on the ground or you get electrocuted. You'd cease to be an unbeliever. They are highly interactive.

2nd law: As we all know, the laws of physics are the same in all inertial frames of reference. That is,
the truly fundamental laws are the same everywhere for all observers.

Therefore,
Can spirits be seen by anyone with or without laboratory aids? No.
Can they be touched by anyone? No.
Can they be felt by anyone? No
Can they be interacted with by anyone? No.
Are they observable? NO.

Therefore, spirits don't satisfy any criterion of the fundamental law of existence of the universe. Therefore, according to physics. Spirits don't exist.
Just look at your response arrogant emptiness. This is how you fail your exams with copy-paste of things you do not understand.
1. can you show me ANYWHERE where i said that whatever cannot be measured in terms of mass, Dimension, Energy and time doesn't exist as you have claimed. Simple comprehension of English Language has deluded you
2. While TRYING to explain what TANGIBILITY of existence means according to the fundamental law of the universe with respect to physics, You spoke of SUBSTANCES THAT MAKE UP THE UNIVERSE and you mentioned energy and force
Please tell me, Energy and Forces are SUBSTANCES!? Please explain because I only read my physic to 100 Levels.
3. Suddenly, to feign knowledge, you copied and pasted a 2nd law: and I was wondering if you were about he Second law of Motion or the second law of thermodynamics: as you know, my physics is elementary.
4. You now went completely off tangent to the question: was the question remotely about spirits?
I don't get it o. Mr Expert.

If you had read my post at all, you wouldn't come up with this lame duck response to my question

Let me Help you out a little with the reason behind the Question
[i]My Question was simply in another words that: If an observable is NOT tangible, does it mean that it doesn't exist?

MY QUESTION:
TenQ:
2. Is a software within a machine REAL or not?
3. Can the software within a machine be "measured" or "quantified" by any physical means?
YOUR RESPONSE:
FRANCISTOWN:

This is a poor comparison. Because softwares satisfy the criterion for existence under the fundamental laws of existence.

•Softwares can be observed(visually and auditory), when you look into your screen, use speakers and microphones.
•Softwares are highly interactive even more than the hardwares .

Therefore, softwares are very poor measuring yards for spirits.
Your Response shows that you know NOTHING about how data is stored in a computer either in the ROM or HDD or the REGISTERS or even the FlashDrive. Your ignorance is so deep that I am disappointed in you. I thought you knew a little about Softwares or Digital Electronics.

1. You said: "Softwares can be observed :Visually and Auditory"
May I please ask you for the colour of the Softwares you have seen and the frequency and waveform of the sound it produces: I am waiting o!
2. You said: Softwares are highly interactive even more than the hardwares.
May I please ask you to tell me the mechanism by which a software is highly interactive?

Have you ever programmed one line of "Hello World" before?
3. Then you went off tangent again: Read the question and tell me if the two questions were about spirits?

MY QUESTION:
TenQ:
Again my Challenge to Atheists:[i]
4. Is it wisdom to insist on a physical quantification of a software within a machine to conclude that it exist?
YOUR RESPONSE:
FRANCISTOWN:

They are highly interactive and observable. Therefore, they exist.
I don't know if this is a problem of comprehension of simple English Language: the question says:
[i]Is it wisdom to insist on a physical quantification of a software within a machine to conclude that it exist?

The answer should be either Yes it is Wisdom or No it is not wisdom, but your royal professor of Physics did NOT understand the Question one bit.

Don't you know that Questions are not statements of position?
You fall my hand o!

MY QUESTION:
TenQ:
5. Tell me, how can one prove the existence of a software WITHIN an AI machine's CPU or MEMORY without the use of another software?

YOUR RESPONSE:
[quote author=FRANCISTOWN post=129598386]
This shows your poor understanding of how the computer works.
Softwares don't stay on the C.P.U. Any set of instructions written directly on a hardware is called a *firmware*.
You Said: "Any set of instructions written directly on a hardware is called a *firmware*. "
The ROM is a Computer Hardware
The HDD is a Computer Hardware
The RAM is a Computer hardware
The CD is a Computer hardware etc

Is it TRUE that any instruction written directly on these are firmwares?

I wrote a Pacman Game Program on my HDD, is it a firmware?

Mr Man,
Firmware is programming that's written to a hardware device's non-volatile memory
This is why cramming or copy-pasting without comprehension is not good for you. It produces have baked "Experts in Computer Science"
Let me help you out:
The Computer BIOS is and example of firmware which is used to provide runtime services for operating systems and programs and to perform hardware initialization during the booting process (power-on startup).

FRANCISTOWN:

Softwares are set of written instructions, they are either, compiled, translated or interpreted into machine codes. These machine codes stay on the main drive first, and if requested moves to the RAM, as a series of jobs to be passed into the processor for execution, then as cache and finally to the processor and back to the cache and back to the RAM the cycle continues.

Therefore any software that cannot be found on the memory of any computer device doesn't exist. It is that simple.

@the emboldened doesn't even make any sense and it shows you don't know what you are talking about.
I don't remember asking you about how the computer processes instructions from the interpreted or compiled software. You should have just used the energy to answer my simple questions.

FRANCISTOWN:

You are actually the one who doesn't know anything here and you are not just a noice maker but a town crier.
Disappointment is an understatement with respect to you. So much noise but extremely shallow.

Let me help you with some things , perhaps you will learn to slow down to comprehend issues before jumping in.

TenQ:
The Atheists Costly Error: Assumption that Everything REAL Must be TANGIBLE

First Some Definitions:
1. Real:
Things that EXIST are REAL : things that do NOT Exist are Imaginary or Virtual!
e.g. Your image in the mirror is virtual!
2. Tangible:
Anything that has either Mass or Dimensions (Length, Area or Volume) or Energy which can interact with time either by change in position or change in state.

Anything that is tangible can be described in terms of either its mass or Dimensions or Energy?

Photons and Gluons are mass-less objects and they do not even have spatial dimensions but they have measurable Energies: thus they are Tangible objects

Note:
All REAL things that are not tangible can only be known by the Effect they produce on other things that exist.

Examples of Real things that are NOT Tangible include
1. Life
2. Mathematics
3. Software Code within a machine
4. Information
5. Logic
6. Magnetic Fields,
7. Electric Fields,
8. Gravitational Fields

Finally,
There is a Huge Difference between Real objects that are NOT Tangible and the Medium by which their Existence can be monitored.
Every Non-Tangible REALITY can only be detected INDIRECTLY by the Effect they have on suitable mediums.

If you don't have problem of comprehending knowledge,
Answers to Questions from my Challenge to Atheists:
1. If an existence is not tangible i.e. cannot be measured in terms of Mass, Dimension, Energy and Time, does this prove it doesn't exist?
Answer: NO!
Examples abound Like Life, Logic, Software, Magnetic Field, Mathematics, Knowledge, Information etc

2. Is a software within a machine REAL or not?
Answer: Softwares within a machine are very real REAL

3. Can the software within a machine be "measured" or "quantified" DIRECTLY by any physical means?
Answer: NO! There is no physical means by which a software can be measured or quantified. Detection or Quantification can only be done Indirectly with Another Software.

4. Is it wisdom to insist on a physical quantification of a software within a machine to conclude that it exist?
Answer: It is actually IGNORANCE that will make a person INSIST on physical quantification of a software within a machine to conclude that it exist.

5. Tell me, how can one DIRECTLY prove the existence of a software WITHIN an AI machine's CPU or MEMORY without the use of another software?
Answer: It is simply IMPOSSIBLE to prove directly the existence of a software within the CPU or HDD or RAM of a computer without the use of another software.

Questions :
1. Do you as Atheists now concur that REALITIES Exist that are NOT TANGIBLE?
2. Do you as Atheists now concur that demanding for direct physical proof of Non-Tangible Realities is borne out of Ignorance?
3. Do you as Atheists now concur that visible Effects of Non-Tangible Realities on other real objects is a fair (indirect) proof of its existence?
i.e. Like the effects of Microsoft OS or Application program on a Computer is sufficient reason to believe that a software is operating within the Computer!
4. Do you concur that a Working Interconnection of several Systems is a reasonable proof of an Intelligent mind behind the controlling program of the systems where the controlling program is Non-Tangible?

Re: Atheist Says Spirit Is Nothing Because It Is Non Physical & Invisible by triplechoice(m): 10:54pm On Apr 23
FRANCISTOWN:

Obviously. The person behind the moniker TenQ doesn't understand elementary physics and computer science.

First of all. The fundamental law of the universe with respect to physics doesn't say
whatever cannot be measured in terms of mass, Dimension, Energy and time doesn't exist.
This is what the tangibility of existence means according to the fundamental law of the
universe with respect to physics.

The fundamental law of universe with respect to physics is that. The substances that made up the universe are either observable or touchable or being felt or interactive (with or without laboratory equipments.)

For instance, energy and force can't be seen(often than not). But when you hit your head on the ground or you get electrocuted. You'd cease to be an unbeliever. They are highly interactive.

2nd law: As we all know, the laws of physics are the same in all inertial frames of reference. That is,
the truly fundamental laws are the same everywhere for all observers.

Therefore,
Can spirits be seen by anyone with or without laboratory aids? No.
Can they be touched by anyone? No.
Can they be felt by anyone? No
Can they be interacted with by anyone? No.
Are they observable? NO.

Therefore, spirits don't satisfy any criterion of the fundamental law of existence of the universe. Therefore, according to physics. Spirits don't exist.

This is a poor comparison. Because softwares satisfy the criterion for existence under the fundamental laws of existence.

•Softwares can be observed(visually and auditory), when you look into your screen, use speakers and microphones.
•Softwares are highly interactive even more than the hardwares .

Therefore, softwares are very poor measuring yards for spirits.

They are highly interactive and observable. Therefore, they exist.

This shows your poor understanding of how the computer works.

Softwares don't stay on the C.P.U. Any set of instructions written directly on a hardware is called a *firmware*.

Softwares are set of written instructions, they are either, compiled, translated or interpreted into machine codes. These machine codes stay on the main drive first, and if requested moves to the RAM, as a series of jobs to be passed into the processor for execution, then as cache and finally to the processor and back to the cache and back to the RAM the cycle continues.

Therefore any software that cannot be found on the memory of any computer device doesn't exist. It is that simple.

@the emboldened doesn't even make any sense and it shows you don't know what you are talking about.

You are actually the one who doesn't know anything here and you are not just a noice maker but a town crier.

Thank you very much for this detail response. The bolded is what I have been trying to drum into his head but he won't accept or understand it due to ego. Software is a very poor analogy for spirit.

Watch out how he would reply ,with, "you can't
comprehend what spirit is for him to discuss it with you".That's the only defence he has

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheist Says Spirit Is Nothing Because It Is Non Physical & Invisible by TenQ: 10:55pm On Apr 23
triplechoice:
You dont have any pears to give,and name calling amd insults wont win you an argument. It reveals your frustration that you're losing the debate.
But you have demonstrated clearly that you cannot comprehend that Realities that are NOT Tangible exist, it is meaningless explanation to you.
Re: Atheist Says Spirit Is Nothing Because It Is Non Physical & Invisible by TenQ: 10:56pm On Apr 23
triplechoice:
I didn't use any websters dictionary to define grief. You're mistaking me for someone else.

I just explained how grief is tangible. Read my response up there. Soul is tangible , but what's soul is misconstrued in religion. Soul simply refers to the real person. You're soul and not that you have a soul.
Are you not tangible? Yes you're.
So , soul is tangible
At least you agree that Grief is Tangible.

Then Please respond:
Re: Atheist Says Spirit Is Nothing Because It Is Non Physical & Invisible by triplechoice(m): 11:00pm On Apr 23
TenQ:

But you have demonstrated clearly that you cannot comprehend that Realities that are NOT Tangible exist, it is meaningless explanation to you.
Empty words of a drowning man clutching at straws. Show how I have demonstrated what you said or shut up you lying Christian

I answered that they exist but you forget because you see this as a competition to prove you are clever when you're not.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheist Says Spirit Is Nothing Because It Is Non Physical & Invisible by triplechoice(m): 11:02pm On Apr 23
TenQ:

At least you agree that Grief is Tangible.

Then Please respond:
Did you not read what I said up there about soul? Go back and read

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheist Says Spirit Is Nothing Because It Is Non Physical & Invisible by TenQ: 11:02pm On Apr 23
triplechoice:
And you think you're talking to a child with the bolded
Tangible means what can be touched or felt,and a synonym for tangible is palpable which has to do what intense feelings

So ,grief is tangible as you can feel it within yourself or see it in others grieving.

The word, grief, on its own, is not the reality it describes ,but just a descriptive word we have all collectively agreed on to use to refer to something everyone can experience.

Grief describes an individual's emotional reaction to anything thing that causes pain. Others can see us grieving, and determine or measure our grief by the extent to which we react to what's causing us pain . That's why grief is described as tangible

How do you messure Grief?

What of if a Good Actor is acting out Grief: can you measure its weight?
Re: Atheist Says Spirit Is Nothing Because It Is Non Physical & Invisible by triplechoice(m): 11:09pm On Apr 23
TenQ:

And who told you that I was making definitions for physics students. Lets see how your ignorance play out

MY QUESTION:

YOUR RESPONSE:

Just look at your response arrogant emptiness. This is how you fail your exams with copy-paste of things you do not understand.
1. can you show me ANYWHERE where i said that whatever cannot be measured in terms of mass, Dimension, Energy and time doesn't exist as you have claimed. Simple comprehension of English Language has deluded you
2. While TRYING to explain what TANGIBILITY of existence means according to the fundamental law of the universe with respect to physics, You spoke of SUBSTANCES THAT MAKE UP THE UNIVERSE and you mentioned energy and force
Please tell me, Energy and Forces are SUBSTANCES!? Please explain because I only read my physic to 100 Levels.
3. Suddenly, to feign knowledge, you copied and pasted a 2nd law: and I was wondering if you were about he Second law of Motion or the second law of thermodynamics: as you know, my physics is elementary.
4. You now went completely off tangent to the question: was the question remotely about spirits?

If you had read my post at all, you wouldn't come up with this lame duck response to my question

Let me Help you out a little with the reason behind the Question
My Question was simply in another words that: If an observable is NOT tangible, does it mean that it doesn't exist?

MY QUESTION:

YOUR RESPONSE:

Your Response shows that you know NOTHING about how data is stored in a computer either in the ROM or HDD or the REGISTERS or even the FlashDrive. Your ignorance is so deep that I am disappointed in you. I thought you knew a little about Softwares or Digital Electronics.

May I please ask you for the colour of the Softwares you have seen and the frequency and waveform of the sound it produces: I am waiting o!
2. You said: Softwares are highly interactive even more than the hardwares.
May I please ask you to tell me the mechanism by which a software is highly interactive?

3. Then you went off tangent again: Read the question and tell me if the two questions were about spirits?

MY QUESTION:

YOUR RESPONSE:

I don't know if this is a problem of comprehension of simple English Language: the question says:
Is it wisdom to insist on a physical quantification of a software within a machine to conclude that it exist?

The answer should be either Yes it is Wisdom or No it is not wisdom, but your royal professor of Physics did NOT understand the Question one bit.

You fall my hand o!

MY QUESTION:
Anyone who ever ask if a software can or should be "measured" like you are asking is talking nonsense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheist Says Spirit Is Nothing Because It Is Non Physical & Invisible by triplechoice(m): 11:12pm On Apr 23
TenQ:

How do you messure Grief?

What of if a Good Actor is acting out Grief: can you measure its weight?
That's an hypothetical situation. I want to answer only to what's real.

Grief doesn't have weight so your question is as silly as the ones you have asked

1 Like

Re: Atheist Says Spirit Is Nothing Because It Is Non Physical & Invisible by TenQ: 11:29pm On Apr 23
triplechoice:
That's an hypothetical situation. I want to answer only to what's real.

Grief doesn't have weight so your question is as silly as the ones you have asked
It isnt:
If Grief is Tangible, fakes can be detected easily

A Good Actor is acting out Grief: can you measure its weight?
Re: Atheist Says Spirit Is Nothing Because It Is Non Physical & Invisible by TenQ: 11:31pm On Apr 23
triplechoice:
Anyone who ever ask if a software can or should be "measured" like you are asking is talking nonsense.
If a SOFTWARE in a Machine is TANGIBLE, should it not be measurable?

Note:
Many of your Atheist colleague believe that the Software within a Machine is Tangible. The Question was asked for their sake!
Re: Atheist Says Spirit Is Nothing Because It Is Non Physical & Invisible by TenQ: 11:32pm On Apr 23
triplechoice:
Did you not read what I said up there about soul? Go back and read
Is the SOul tangible?

YES or NO?
Re: Atheist Says Spirit Is Nothing Because It Is Non Physical & Invisible by TenQ: 11:33pm On Apr 23
triplechoice:
Empty words of a drowning man clutching at straws. Show how I have demonstrated what you said or shut up you lying Christian

I answered that they exist but you forget because you see this as a competition to prove you are clever when you're not.
This still doesn't change the fact that you have demonstrated clearly that you cannot comprehend that Realities that are NOT Tangible exist, it is meaningless explanation to you.

Except you have changed your mind!
Re: Atheist Says Spirit Is Nothing Because It Is Non Physical & Invisible by triplechoice(m): 12:33am On Apr 24
TenQ:

It isnt:
If Grief is Tangible, fakes can be detected easily

. I said I'm not interested in discussing what's hypothetical.

A good actor is acting. Everybody knows that, but someone involved in a ghastly accident with serious injury to their body cannot fake it.

1 Like

Re: Atheist Says Spirit Is Nothing Because It Is Non Physical & Invisible by triplechoice(m): 12:45am On Apr 24
TenQ:

This still doesn't change the fact that you have demonstrated clearly that you cannot comprehend that Realities that are NOT Tangible exist, it is meaningless explanation to you.

Except you have changed your mind!

You have failed, and woefully. This is just the last kick of a dying horse.

Next time, learn to be honest with whatever you do here . Not everyone can be fooled by you. You have proven yourself to be denialist and pathological liar. I don't pity you one bit because of your lack of respect for others who wasted their time to respond to your stupidity .
What you sowed is what you have reaped .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheist Says Spirit Is Nothing Because It Is Non Physical & Invisible by triplechoice(m): 12:47am On Apr 24
TenQ:

Is the SOul tangible?

YES or NO?
Go back and read what I said. I can't repeat myself
Re: Atheist Says Spirit Is Nothing Because It Is Non Physical & Invisible by triplechoice(m): 12:52am On Apr 24
TenQ:

If a SOFTWARE in a Machine is TANGIBLE, should it not be measurable?

Note:
Many of your Atheist colleague believe that the Software within a Machine is Tangible. The Question was asked for their sake!

Another "if" again. You have a serious problem and you don't even know it.

I said I don't want to discuss what's hypothetical. Bring the reai thing let's discuss that

And again, I'm not an atheist. I keep reminding of this,but it seems you have memory problems

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheist Says Spirit Is Nothing Because It Is Non Physical & Invisible by TenQ: 5:52am On Apr 24
triplechoice:
Another "if" again. You have a serious problem and you don't even know it.

I said I don't want to discuss what's hypothetical. Bring the reai thing let's discuss that

And again, I'm not an atheist. I keep reminding of this,but it seems you have memory problems
The question is valid:

Example:
IF the apparent gravitational pull on the moon reduced by 5% because of the prescence of a large asteroid passing beside it, how much energy will a man of 60 kg use to jump up by 1.1 m?

Your kind of Answer:
"I don't want to discuss what's hypothetical."

Is this answer reasonable for the question asked?
Re: Atheist Says Spirit Is Nothing Because It Is Non Physical & Invisible by TenQ: 5:54am On Apr 24
triplechoice:
Go back and read what I said. I can't repeat myself
As If I have the time to wade through EVERYTHING you have written on the Tangibility of the Soul on Nairaland.

If you are ashamed of telling me your position, why dont you just give a reference.
Re: Atheist Says Spirit Is Nothing Because It Is Non Physical & Invisible by TenQ: 5:55am On Apr 24
triplechoice:

You have failed, and woefully. This is just the last kick of a dying horse.

Next time, learn to be honest with whatever you do here . Not everyone can be fooled by you. You have proven yourself to be denialist and pathological liar. I don't pity you one bit because of your lack of respect for others who wasted their time to respond to your stupidity .
What you sowed is what you have reaped .
Re: Atheist Says Spirit Is Nothing Because It Is Non Physical & Invisible by TenQ: 5:56am On Apr 24
triplechoice:
. I said I'm not interested in discussing what's hypothetical.

A good actor is acting. Everybody knows that, but someone involved in a ghastly accident with serious injury to their body cannot fake it.

This is NOT a hypothetical question!
Re: Atheist Says Spirit Is Nothing Because It Is Non Physical & Invisible by jaephoenix(m): 6:31am On Apr 24
Aemmyjah:

To be reading news on NL
Exactly. Imbecilic answers is what I get from u theists

1 Like

Re: Atheist Says Spirit Is Nothing Because It Is Non Physical & Invisible by jaephoenix(m): 6:37am On Apr 24
TenQ:

Note: the effects of the soul on the body are
With our soul we feel emotions,
With our soul we have volition
With our soul we have intellect

I am using your logic now o!
Another display of poor grasp of basic scientific concepts.
Emotions, volition and intellect all emanate from the limbic system, frontal and parietal lobes respectively . And all in the brain. And all of them are experienced by animals, not just humans.
The soul is a concept that was put up by early man to explain those concepts but was discarded by science. Many scientists failed to prove them. An example was the 21 gram experiment

Theism is equal to illiteracy

3 Likes

Re: Atheist Says Spirit Is Nothing Because It Is Non Physical & Invisible by jaephoenix(m): 6:47am On Apr 24
TenQ:

Life is Tangible?

So, when a person dies, can you explain where his Life goes?
Where is the location of Life in a human being?
I have done what you asked me to do, and it further exposed your ignorance. Now u r asking more questions.
Life is located inside all the cells in the body. When one dies, all the cells don't die immediately .Once the oxygen is cut off, they undergo autolysis and gradually die off. The life simply ebbs off.
If u say there is afterlife, its entirely up to u cos there is no evidence to that effect

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheist Says Spirit Is Nothing Because It Is Non Physical & Invisible by jaephoenix(m): 6:49am On Apr 24
triplechoice:
Please stop quoting me with your waywardness. Discuss the op,then I will answer you. I said I'm not an atheist and I have repeated that at different times here. Are you deaf or something?

Answer these below if you know what's spirit . Just focus on the op.

1. What's spirit?

2. What's the nature of spirit.?

3. How do you know it exist despite your believe it cannot be seen or measured physically ?

4. What's the relation or connection between spirit and the material world and yourself?

5. Clearly explain how spirit compares with a computer software.

Answer the above or ask your friend TenQ who claims to be an authority on spirits to answer it for you, and let's proceed on mature and sensible discussion,not this childishness from you.

The questions asked by TenQ are completely asinine as it as nothing to do with spirit or God described in the Bible. He should take his computer talk to the right section since he doesn't want to be honest. Your friend is lying about the true intention behind his questions and you're here defending and covering for him instead of condemning him of using deception to discuss God or spirits

Nobody has ever demanded for a direct physical quantification of a computer software before they buy it or install it in their machine,and that's because, even though
it can't be seen or touched, we know it exist as something that produces visible effects which anyone can see whether you believe in it or not

So it won't make sense to demand for physical quantification. But for spirit, the public doesn't know much about it . So it's wisdom to ask for some form of physical quantification to be certain it exist as real. Your friend is misapplying knowledge to fool people like you who refuses to think or question anything.

I already answered his questions ,and ask him some questions in return while doing so, but he has refused to respond in kind.

So why should continue ? Don't bother me if you can't get him to answer the questions I and others have been asking him . A teacher who's afraid to take questions from students doesn't know the subject very well.
Watch him dodge this question. He's busy asking me what happens to life

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheist Says Spirit Is Nothing Because It Is Non Physical & Invisible by jaephoenix(m): 6:54am On Apr 24
TenQ:

Too bad!
Pearls are not given to pigs.

If you cannot comprehend that Realities that are NOT Tangible exist, it is meaningless explanation to you.

Sorry, when you grow up in understanding
And the nigga dodged once again. Lol
Re: Atheist Says Spirit Is Nothing Because It Is Non Physical & Invisible by jaephoenix(m): 6:56am On Apr 24
TenQ:

No Sir,

One of your Illustrations you used was according to the Websters dictionary to prove that Grief is Tangible (even though I explained taya that it was a figure of speech to no avail)

/Her Grief was tangible

Please respond:
1. I was the one that gave the definition from MW, not TripleChoice. Looks like we have knocked confusion into your brain.
2. And I have answered your question about soul. Its not tangible

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheist Says Spirit Is Nothing Because It Is Non Physical & Invisible by FRANCISTOWN: 7:26am On Apr 24
TenQ:

MY QUESTION:

YOUR RESPONSE:

The substance in the law means hypostasis (The reality of existence) but because your brain is too weak and your IQ is lower than that of a fish. You couldn't understand.
That was the reason I even used Gravity as a example, is gravity not a force.
Your dull brain couldn't process that I wasn't talking about material stuff.

Oya run to Google to check the meaning of *Hypostasis*
TenQ:

You are very dumb ni. You don't know anything I swear on my soul.
A primary school kid is smarter than you.
You are very stupid for thinking I copied and pasted whatever I post on this platform.
Well, I'm not even surprised. Your IQ is less than 5, what more could I expect?

TenQ:

Who will read all the jargons that you wrote? I almost had an headache reading your academic embarrassment.

TenQ:

My Question was simply in another words that: If an observable is NOT tangible, does it mean that it doesn't exist?
You don't have sense and you are too foolish, I swr. The fact that it is observable in the first please shows that it exists. Therefore, the question doesn't even make any sense. Ha!

TenQ:

You don't know 1% of what I know. You can start by presenting your qualifications.

Let's leave Google aside and let's talk based on individual understanding.

TenQ:

I don't even wanna talk about this because your brain is too dumb. The browser you access NL with is a what?
On the screen, you see a submit button. You click on it and it submits your post. You see modify, you click on it and gives you a texbox to edit your post with lots of click and respond functions. If that's not a form of interaction then you need a bed at a rehab.

Softwares are highly interactive even more than the hardwares in such a way that most times hardwares need softwares to become interactive.
TenQ:

Softwares are more interactive than the hardwares don't be stupid.
Mention how your computer RAM, HD, Processor are interactive to you as the user if not that you are very stupid.

TenQ:

Don't do this please. You will regret it.

TenQ:

MY QUESTION:

YOUR RESPONSE:

Because your question lacks sense. Many people are failing to deal with the stupidity

TenQ:

Is it wisdom to insist on a physical quantification of a software within a machine to conclude that it exist?
Softwares are observable and interactive. Even if you can't touch them. Therefore they exists.
Don't be a stupid boy.

TenQ:

Because you asked like a mad person. I don't understand mad people's language.

TenQ:

You fall my hand o!
Learn how to use punctuations first.

I'm sorry to announce to you, but your parents would have reaped lots of harvests if they raised bedbugs instead of paying your tuition fees.

Are you not even embarrassed?

You Said: "Any set of instructions written directly on a hardware is called a *firmware*. "
The ROM is a Computer Hardware
The HDD is a Computer Hardware
The RAM is a Computer hardware
The CD is a Computer hardware etc
Is it TRUE that any instruction written directly on these are firmwares?

I wrote a Pacman Game Program on my HDD, is it a firmware?

Mr Man,
Firmware is programming that's written to a hardware device's non-volatile memory
This is why cramming or copy-pasting without comprehension is not good for you. It produces have baked "Experts in Computer Science"
Let me help you out:
The Computer BIOS is and example of firmware which is used to provide runtime services for operating systems and programs and to perform hardware initialization during the booting process (power-on startup).

Jeez, you ran to Google to read about firmware when I mentioned it. Well! That's good enough.
But it still shows how stupid you are.
The only difference between softwares and firmwares is that.
Firmwares are mostly permanently written and they are closely tied to the hardwares they run on.

You are dumb o, I swr. My kid is smarter than you.
If you wrote your line of "hello word" and you have it saved to your harddisk. That source code can be taken to another computer and provided that the new computer has the compiler. It will def execute the source code.
You can also edit, upgrade and manipulated.

But in firmwares, the instructions on the hardwares are permanently written, you can't run the instructions on another hardware except the one that it is tied to.

Therefore, both softwares are firmwares are written to hardwares. But they have different properties.

There are many instructions on your computer non-volatile memory. Does that mean they are firmwares? You are sick o.

You are the least intelligent person I've met on this platform.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheist Says Spirit Is Nothing Because It Is Non Physical & Invisible by TenQ: 8:13am On Apr 24
jaephoenix:

Another display of poor grasp of basic scientific concepts.
Emotions, volition and intellect all emanate from the limbic system, frontal and parietal lobes respectively . And all in the brain. And all of them are experienced by animals, not just humans.
The soul is a concept that was put up by early man to explain those concepts but was discarded by science. Many scientists failed to prove them. An example was the 21 gram experiment

Theism is equal to illiteracy
Just like you concur that every behaviour of the computer emanates only from the CPU and it has NOTHING to do with any software.

Atheism is certainly Illiteracy!
Re: Atheist Says Spirit Is Nothing Because It Is Non Physical & Invisible by TenQ: 8:17am On Apr 24
jaephoenix:

I have done what you asked me to do, and it further exposed your ignorance. Now u r asking more questions.
Life is located inside all the cells in the body. When one dies, all the cells don't die immediately .Once the oxygen is cut off, they undergo autolysis and gradually die off. The life simply ebbs off.
If u say there is afterlife, its entirely up to u cos there is no evidence to that effect
This was not the Question :

So, when a person dies, can you explain where his Tangible Life goes?
Where is the location of the Tangible Life in a human being?

Let me rephrase in case you don't understand
Where is this Tangible Consciousness (aka Life) situated in a body?

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Miracles In Nigeria - Raising The Dead(tb Joshua) / ISIS Figher Converts To Christianity After Allah Refuses Him The Gate Of Heaven / From Grass To Grace

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.