Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

Atheist Says Spirit Is Nothing Because It Is Non Physical & Invisible - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist Says Spirit Is Nothing Because It Is Non Physical & Invisible (2804 Views)

This Atheist Says He Died And Returned - Now, He Believes In God / Lady Narrates Her Scary Experience With An Invisible Man In Lagos / The Holy Spirit Is Still At Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheist Says Spirit Is Nothing Because It Is Non Physical & Invisible by TenQ: 8:19am On Apr 24
jaephoenix:

And the nigga dodged once again. Lol
Trust me.

Does one teach Quantum Chemistry or Physics to Primary school children before they have the basic knowledge of physics and chemistry?

No!

Until you understand that Realities exist that are not Tangible, there is no moving forward.
Re: Atheist Says Spirit Is Nothing Because It Is Non Physical & Invisible by TenQ: 8:21am On Apr 24
jaephoenix:

1. I was the one that gave the definition from MW, not TripleChoice. Looks like we have knocked confusion into your brain.
2. And I have answered your question about soul. Its not tangible
But Soul have effects on the body such as Will, Emotion and Intellect.
Re: Atheist Says Spirit Is Nothing Because It Is Non Physical & Invisible by TenQ: 8:37am On Apr 24
FRANCISTOWN:

The substance in the law means hypostasis (The reality of existence) but because your brain is too weak and your IQ is lower than that of a fish. You couldn't understand.
That was the reason I even used Gravity as a example, is gravity not a force.
Your dull brain couldn't process that I wasn't talking about material stuff.

Oya run to Google to check the meaning of *Hypostasis*

You are very dumb ni. You don't know anything I swear on my soul.
A primary school kid is smarter than you.
You are very stupid for thinking I copied and pasted whatever I post on this platform.
Well, I'm not even surprised. Your IQ is less than 5, what more could I expect?

Who will read all the jargons that you wrote? I almost had an headache reading your academic embarrassment.

You don't have sense and you are too foolish, I swr. The fact that it is observable in the first please shows that it exists. Therefore, the question doesn't even make any sense. Ha!

You don't know 1% of what I know. You can start by presenting your qualifications.

Let's leave Google aside and let's talk based on individual understanding.

I don't even wanna talk about this because your brain is too dumb. The browser you access NL with is a what?
On the screen, you see a submit button. You click on it and it submits your post. You see modify, you click on it and gives you a texbox to edit your post with lots of click and respond functions. If that's not a form of interaction then you need a bed at a rehab.

Softwares are highly interactive even more than the hardwares in such a way that most times hardwares need softwares to become interactive.

Softwares are more interactive than the hardwares don't be stupid.
Mention how your computer RAM, HD, Processor are interactive to you as the user if not that you are very stupid.

Don't do this please. You will regret it.

Because your question lacks sense. Many people are failing to deal with the stupidity

Softwares are observable and interactive. Even if you can't touch them. Therefore they exists.
Don't be a stupid boy.

Because you asked like a mad person. I don't understand mad people's language.

Learn how to use punctuations first.

I'm sorry to announce to you, but your parents would have reaped lots of harvests if they raised bedbugs instead of paying your tuition fees.

Are you not even embarrassed?

Jeez, you ran to Google to read about firmware when I mentioned it. Well! That's good enough.
But it still shows how stupid you are.
The only difference between softwares and firmwares is that.
Firmwares are mostly permanently written and they are closely tied to the hardwares they run on.

You are dumb o, I swr. My kid is smarter than you.
If you wrote your line of "hello word" and you have it saved to your harddisk. That source code can be taken to another computer and provided that the new computer has the compiler. It will def execute the source code.
You can also edit, upgrade and manipulated.

But in firmwares, the instructions on the hardwares are permanently written, you can't run the instructions on another hardware except the one that it is tied to.

Therefore, both softwares are firmwares are written to hardwares. But they have different properties.

There are many instructions on your computer non-volatile memory. Does that mean they are firmwares? You are sick o.

You are the least intelligent person I've met on this platform.
1. First go check the meaning of substance and then come back to tell me that Force and Gravity are substances according to your definition
2. I am disappointed : You said Gravity is a Force! ? When? Where?
3. I am not surprised that your ability of Comprehension is "sub-poor" : it is worse than terrible. You could have asked ChatGPT to help you answer my questions rather than going off tangent everytime.
4. Your knowledge of Computer and Software is shamefully below beginners appreciation stage. I will not be surprised if you are one of the half backed computer scientists our terrible educational sector is producing.
4. I can see that you abhor knowledge and even if you read it doesn't sink. This is why you couldn't even read..
5. The best you can do is Ad Hominem and nothing of substance is remotely retained in your brain.

You could have even used ChatGPT to borrow knowledge before opening your mouth to say what you are incompetent to speak about.

Indeed according to you in the discussion of what is Tangible:
1. "The Software within a machine is Tangible!"
2. "Softwares are observable and interactive, Even if you can't touch them*
3." Gravity is a Force "
(please where did you learn this?)

Post these three into any knowledge-base of your choice and see how terribly stupid you have been. Empty barrels make the Loudest noise.
Re: Atheist Says Spirit Is Nothing Because It Is Non Physical & Invisible by TenQ: 8:41am On Apr 24
jaephoenix:

I have done what you asked me to do, and it further exposed your ignorance. Now u r asking more questions.
Life is located inside all the cells in the body. When one dies, all the cells don't die immediately .Once the oxygen is cut off, they undergo autolysis and gradually die off. The life simply ebbs off.
If u say there is afterlife, its entirely up to u cos there is no evidence to that effect
Can you please at a cellular level give me the name and characteristics of the life in each cell that slowly ebbs away?

I am trying to learn biology from you!
Re: Atheist Says Spirit Is Nothing Because It Is Non Physical & Invisible by budaatum: 9:41am On Apr 24
FRANCISTOWN:

The substance in the law means hypostasis (The reality of existence) but because your brain is too weak and your IQ is lower than that of a fish. You couldn't understand.

Sir, please be aware that the person you mention is not the only person learning in your classroom, and that if you were to ease up on the insults you would need fewer words to teach me and I would learn much better.

With gratitude in advance. Thank you.

Re: Atheist Says Spirit Is Nothing Because It Is Non Physical & Invisible by triplechoice(m): 1:48pm On Apr 24
TenQ:

Trust me.

Does one teach Quantum Chemistry or Physics to Primary school children before they have the basic knowledge of physics and chemistry?

No!
That would be wrong .But you're
not teaching children but adults who may know it more than you.

Your problem is that you haven't been able to show the connection between the two subjects, software and spirit . You haven't even defined spirits.

How do we then know you're capable of teaching it?

Or we should just submit our brains to you like the sheepies in your church to fill it with nonsense?

. Where's your credentials to know you're an authority on the subject of spirits?

You just don't walk into any school and announce yourself a teacher of something and demand you are employed immediately. You will need to present your credentials first ,and demonstrate you are capable of teaching the children. So do the same here.

Demonstrate first that a knowledge of computer softwares is basic to learning about spirits . That's all.

Until you understand that Realities exist that are not Tangible, there is no moving forward.
Moving forward to where? To the land of confusion?

You only know one thing and want to use it to interpret everything around you. All of existence doesn't revolve around a computer software. People have been discussing and teaching about spirits years before modern computers were invented. How were able to do that without a knowledge of softwares? Tell me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheist Says Spirit Is Nothing Because It Is Non Physical & Invisible by triplechoice(m): 1:55pm On Apr 24
TenQ:

Can you please at a cellular level give me the name and characteristics of the life in each cell that slowly ebbs away?

Next time when you run a test in a medical lab,ask the lab scientists to show you a picture of the viruses in your system so you can use your fingers to count it one by one to be sure the viral load written on the test report is accurate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheist Says Spirit Is Nothing Because It Is Non Physical & Invisible by triplechoice(m): 2:06pm On Apr 24
TenQ:

A Good Actor is acting out Grief: can you measure its weight?

This is NOT a hypothetical question!
It's actually hypothetical situation, not real.

You said a good actor. What do actors do? Answer that and stop fooling yourself. Actors don't feel real pain. They only pretend to make it appear real for the audience.

Please bring a situation that's real, not illusion

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheist Says Spirit Is Nothing Because It Is Non Physical & Invisible by triplechoice(m): 2:21pm On Apr 24
TenQ:

The question is valid:

Example:
IF the apparent gravitational pull on the moon reduced by 5% because of the prescence of a large asteroid passing beside it, how much energy will a man of 60 kg use to jump up by 1.1 m?

Your kind of Answer:
"I don't want to discuss what's hypothetical."

Is this answer reasonable for the question asked?
What you describe up there is still hypothetical. It begins with an "if".
Which school u go sef?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheist Says Spirit Is Nothing Because It Is Non Physical & Invisible by triplechoice(m): 2:24pm On Apr 24
TenQ:

As If I have the time to wade through EVERYTHING you have written on the Tangibility of the Soul on Nairaland.

If you are ashamed of telling me your position, why dont you just give a reference.

I said up there,not everything .
Re: Atheist Says Spirit Is Nothing Because It Is Non Physical & Invisible by TenQ: 3:05pm On Apr 24
triplechoice:

Your problem is that you haven't been able to show the connection between the two subjects, software and spirit . You haven't even defined spirits.

Or we should just submit our brains to you like the sheepies in your church to fill it with nonsense?

. Where's your credentials to know you're an authority on the subject of spirits?

You just don't walk into any school and announce yourself a teacher of something and demand you are employed immediately. You will need to present your credentials first ,and demonstrate you are capable of teaching the children. So do the same here.

Demonstrate first that a knowledge of computer softwares is basic to learning about spirits . That's all.

You only know one thing and want to use it to interpret everything around you. All of existence doesn't revolve around a computer software. People have been discussing and teaching about spirits years before modern computers were invented. How were able to do that without a knowledge of softwares? Tell me
As long as the bunch of you cannot process the fact that a Software is REAL but NOT TANGIBLE, it is a serious waste of resources and knowledge.

To understand anything our cognitive faculty MUST relate the new information to the known.

How do you Teach quantum Chemistry to a person who insists that electrons do not exist?
Re: Atheist Says Spirit Is Nothing Because It Is Non Physical & Invisible by TenQ: 3:06pm On Apr 24
triplechoice:

Next time when you run a test in a medical lab,ask the lab scientists to show you a picture of the viruses in your system so you can use your fingers to count it one by one to be sure the viral load written on the test report is accurate.
I did some elementary Biology and I think I havent forgotten everything. Only that I have never come across LIFE in a biological cell before.

Hence;
Re: Atheist Says Spirit Is Nothing Because It Is Non Physical & Invisible by TenQ: 3:09pm On Apr 24
triplechoice:

You said a good actor. What do actors do? Answer that and stop fooling yourself. Actors don't feel real pain. They only pretend to make it appear real for the audience.

The problem with you is that you hold a seriously deficient position and no amount of reeducation will you adopt.

Now we say: Lets put your claim to test and you are still hesitant.

Re: Atheist Says Spirit Is Nothing Because It Is Non Physical & Invisible by TenQ: 3:14pm On Apr 24
triplechoice:
What you describe up there is still hypothetical. It begins with an "if".
Which school u go sef?
Did you go to school at all?

Okay: Its a matter of English Language
The apparent gravitational pull on the moon reduced by 5% because of the presence of a large asteroid passing beside it, how much energy will a man of 60 kg use to jump up by 1.1 m?

Can you tell us a day when your friends grief was tangible, how can you determine if his grief was more tangible than his sisters own grief?
Re: Atheist Says Spirit Is Nothing Because It Is Non Physical & Invisible by TenQ: 3:15pm On Apr 24
triplechoice:

I said up there,not everything .
It doesn't cost half a second to post a link!
Re: Atheist Says Spirit Is Nothing Because It Is Non Physical & Invisible by Aemmyjah(m): 5:23pm On Apr 24
These thread should not suppose to pass 2 pages but it's 16 cos some persons do not what to be honest and accept truth. Interestingly, they even contradict each other... They surpress the truth and cannot answer basic questions of things we have around us such as software... At the end, they say they don't know
Re: Atheist Says Spirit Is Nothing Because It Is Non Physical & Invisible by jaephoenix(m): 6:46pm On Apr 24
TenQ:

Oxygen carried by blood is what keeps cells alive, thus OXYGEN IS LIFE. Once the heart stops, blood stops flowing, and cells are deprived of it and they start undergoing irreversible changes which end in them dying.
This is basic biology, but like most theists, its a problem for you to comprehend

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheist Says Spirit Is Nothing Because It Is Non Physical & Invisible by jaephoenix(m): 6:48pm On Apr 24
TenQ:

But Soul have effects on the body such as Will, Emotion and Intellect.
Those characteristics are from the brain. I thought I have told you before . There are neurones that carry impulses from those parts of the brain through tracts and then respective destinations.
Nothing concern soul for here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheist Says Spirit Is Nothing Because It Is Non Physical & Invisible by jaephoenix(m): 6:49pm On Apr 24
TenQ:

Just like you concur that every behaviour of the computer emanates only from the CPU and it has NOTHING to do with any software.

Atheism is certainly Illiteracy!
Nobody says the CPU has no effects from softwares.
You're the illiterate here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheist Says Spirit Is Nothing Because It Is Non Physical & Invisible by KnownUnknown: 8:43pm On Apr 24
TenQ:

The apparent gravitational pull on the moon reduced by 5% because of the presence of a large asteroid passing beside it, how much energy will a man of 60 kg use to jump up by 1.1 m?

Christ fucking Jesus!! SMH

1 Like

Re: Atheist Says Spirit Is Nothing Because It Is Non Physical & Invisible by FRANCISTOWN: 9:07pm On Apr 24
budaatum:

Sir, please be aware that the person you mention is not the only person learning in your classroom, and that if you were to ease up on the insults you would need fewer words to teach me and I would learn much better.

With gratitude in advance. Thank you.
You ehn. You too like rough play.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheist Says Spirit Is Nothing Because It Is Non Physical & Invisible by triplechoice(m): 9:22pm On Apr 24
TenQ:

Can you tell us a day when your friends grief was tangible, how can you determine if his grief was more tangible than his sisters own grief?
I dey laugh 😂 . You must be smoking something.

See how you finally exposed your ignorance.
However you describe it, whether you remove the "if" or not to deceive yourself it's still hypothetical because it never did happen.

What's the actual date of the event? If you can't provide that then it's not a real or has happened.

Stop fooling yourself and just rest. Please look up the meaning of hypothetical situation before replying.

BTW what has the event,the gravitational pull and the rest got to do with grief?
Modified.
The first clause before asking "how much energy will"...... is a conditional clause, but you stupidly remove the "if" because you don't know its function. Read the first one that has the "if" and the edited one and notice how it doesn't flow or make sense. You be Dundee united. I swear

And the same you have been calling out others for not understanding English language. Yeye they smell

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheist Says Spirit Is Nothing Because It Is Non Physical & Invisible by FRANCISTOWN: 10:17pm On Apr 24
TenQ:

1. First go check the meaning of substance and then come back to tell me that Force and Gravity are substances according to your definition
I already explained this, I can't go back to it

TenQ:

The warping of spacetime and the motion of objects through the warped spacetime resulting into the interaction between two masses.
Though Einstein said it is the result of each object responding to the effect that the other has on the space-time surrounding it. But it doesn't change the fact that GRAVITY IS INDEED A FORCE and also an EFFECT.
But generally, Gravity is a force.

TenQ:

3. I am not surprised that your ability of Comprehension is "sub-poor" : it is worse than terrible. You could have asked ChatGPT to help you answer my questions rather than going off tangent everytime.
Why do I need ChatGPT to assist me with what I learnt while in school several years ago? You use ChatGPT for what you don't know.
I know these things like mad.

TenQ:

4. Your knowledge of Computer and Software is shamefully below beginners appreciation stage. I will not be surprised if you are one of the half backed computer scientists our terrible educational sector is producing.
If you can bring out one error in what I said about computer, then I'll admit to this statement. If not, allow me to mentor you for a year.

TenQ:

4. I can see that you abhor knowledge and even if you read it doesn't sink. This is why you couldn't even read..
"... believe half of what you see." Edgar Allan Poe

TenQ:

5. The best you can do is Ad Hominem and nothing of substance is remotely retained in your brain.
Lol! You think so? You are actually guilty of that.
Just refute what I've said if you thought anything was wrong with it.

TenQ:

You could have even used ChatGPT to borrow knowledge before opening your mouth to say what you are incompetent to speak about.
You don't need ChatGPT for what you know, innit? Throughout all my debate on this platform with anyone. I've never consulted Google for anything unless someone refers me. I naturally know a lot of things and I've read lots of books. I mean lots of books, believe me. So, most of the times, I always know what I talk about.

TenQ:

3." Gravity is a Force "
1. I never said softwares within a machine are tangible or not tangible. I only said they exist.

2. Softwares are observable and highly interactive (you are forgetting the highly part)

I guess you are taking interactive to be response to stimulus. Hardware may respond to stimulus, but softwares are HIGHLY interactive.

I've actually gotten you where I wanted to get you. You asked me the other time if I've ever programmed, a code to print out "Hello World!" in my life.

In software development, even before the prototype.
One of the first thing we consider as we design the template is the IUI( Interactive user Interface)
During the days of CLP,(command line programming), we were using CUI (Character User interface)
For instance in those days when you write.

F_Name = raw_input()

And you run that code. There is going to be an insertion point on the screen indicating where to insert the characters.

You'll understand better if you've ever written a code in Fortran, Cobol, python console and especially shell, and CMD.

GUI came so that softwares can be more interactive. Any software that is not interactive cannot be deployed. Please use your ChatGPT and learn more on software development.

There will always be a clear difference between who uses chatGTP and who actually does it.

Leave ChatGPT and lemme mentor you. I'll explain using the language that you understand the most.

Is there anything else you wish to learn from me?
Re: Atheist Says Spirit Is Nothing Because It Is Non Physical & Invisible by jaephoenix(m): 10:30pm On Apr 24
TenQ:

3." Gravity is a Force "

Post these three into any knowledge-base of your choice and see how terribly stupid you have been. Empty barrels make the Loudest noise.
You just like arguing stupidly.
I have shown u that software is tangible according to MW definitions and u r here talking bs
Re: Atheist Says Spirit Is Nothing Because It Is Non Physical & Invisible by jaephoenix(m): 10:35pm On Apr 24
TenQ:

I did some elementary Biology and I think I havent forgotten everything. Only that I have never come across LIFE in a biological cell before.

Hence;
So I'm taking your advice and doing Google searches. This is another one, from my Google enabled AI
Look at the hit.
Do u have any other stupid question to ask?

Re: Atheist Says Spirit Is Nothing Because It Is Non Physical & Invisible by jaephoenix(m): 10:37pm On Apr 24
TenQ:

U can determine the extent of grief by observing the reaction. Some express grief by just moping at space, some cry, some roll on the floor. These are degrees of expression of grief
Any other questions, stupido!?

1 Like

Re: Atheist Says Spirit Is Nothing Because It Is Non Physical & Invisible by triplechoice(m): 12:02am On Apr 25
jaephoenix:

U can determine the extent of grief by observing the reaction. Some express grief by just moping at space, some cry, some roll on the floor. These are degrees of expression of grief
Any other questions, stupido!?
It's very obvious now that TenQ has a problem with comprehension. He struggles to understand what is explained to him in English language.
Re: Atheist Says Spirit Is Nothing Because It Is Non Physical & Invisible by triplechoice(m): 12:30am On Apr 25
TenQ:

The problem with you is that you hold a seriously deficient position and no amount of reeducation will you adopt.

Now we say: Lets put your claim to test and you are still hesitant.

. Is an actor really grieving or pretending to be?

Why do you want to measure what's not real , but mere pretence, acting . There's no real grief there and so nothing to measure. Why can't you understand this?

Talk of a situation where an individual is grieving for real not an actor. You want to set a trap for yourself not me.
Re: Atheist Says Spirit Is Nothing Because It Is Non Physical & Invisible by TenQ: 3:28am On Apr 25
triplechoice:

Let me bring you to ground zero

1. Do realities exist that are not Tangible?
Re: Atheist Says Spirit Is Nothing Because It Is Non Physical & Invisible by TenQ: 3:29am On Apr 25
triplechoice:

Virus are tangible realities that can be seen under suitable microscope: Can LIFE in a cell be seen with a microscope?
Re: Atheist Says Spirit Is Nothing Because It Is Non Physical & Invisible by TenQ: 3:32am On Apr 25
triplechoice:

Then every question you ask including: What do actors do? is hypothetical.

What is wrong in admitting a misconception rather than stay with Flasehood.

Is LIFE (aka Consciousness) a TANGIBLE reality or NOT?
Re: Atheist Says Spirit Is Nothing Because It Is Non Physical & Invisible by TenQ: 3:38am On Apr 25
jaephoenix:

Oxygen carried by blood is what keeps cells alive, thus OXYGEN IS LIFE. Once the heart stops, blood stops flowing, and cells are deprived of it and they start undergoing irreversible changes which end in them dying.
This is basic biology, but like most theists, its a problem for you to comprehend
I have some few bars of compressed Oxygen in the Tank that I use for Oxyacetylene Welding: Am I keeping LIFE in the Bottle?

What is wrong with you people?

Back to ground zero:
1. Is LIFE (aka Consciousness) a TANGIBLE reality or NOT?

2. What are examples of Realities that are Tangible?

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Terrible Things Is Happening In Jos. Pray For Peace To Reign In Plateau State. / TB Joshua, The Man Who Tricked God? / The Book Of Enoch EXPOSED!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.