Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,869 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan (3835 Views)

The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan (reply From An Igbo) / Ikoyi Tragedy And Casual Bigotry Against Yoruba Muslims / Asaba Massacre: Untold Story Of Tragedy And Carnage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by payaseriy: 1:11pm On Apr 14
blacknp:
Azubuike was quoted out of context. Igbos are not foolish, please correct that impression
Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by Almaiga: 1:13pm On Apr 14
Tranquillity360:
If only you will balance the story by telling us bad you did to others just as you have told us what imaginary Igbo people did to you.

We all know the Tribe that do bad things to People. And they are quick at wailing online, claiming to be victims.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by payaseriy: 1:15pm On Apr 14
blacknp:
You know them very well.
these are not necessary. I didnt mention Obi name, please this is not a political post to attack Igbos.

This is a post to call for coexistence

3 Likes

Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by payaseriy: 1:16pm On Apr 14
Oceanfl0w:
I trust those lowlifes in Nairaland. They will flock here with cooked up stories just to spoil the name of igbos.

Una go tire one day sha.

I pray one day, Nigeria would get it right...
Hmmm

Relax and read my post first
Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by Almaiga: 1:16pm On Apr 14
gidgiddy:

There's one question I have for you and people like you. A question that I already know you will run away from

How come you hate Igbo but don't hate Fulani? You say you are from Delta State but Fulani herdsmen killed 14 people in Ika just last week. Fulani herdsmen have attacked and killed people in almost every community in Delta State, and every state in the South South, in the last 5 years

So why have you never written long epistle against Fulani? Fulani herdsmen were killing people in all 6 geopolitical zones in Nigeria, but that did not stop Nigerians from electing and re-electing a Fulani man called Buhari as President

Can you imagine if it were Igbo that was killing Nigerians in all 6 zones? Destroying farm lands and raping women?

So please tell us this incredible thing Igbos did that pained you, but Fulani killing you did not pain you so much to hate them

Fulani are more tolerant than Igbo. Even though, they are Cousins

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by Hankim: 1:19pm On Apr 14
SeeWahala:

Did you mean the below? sad

Yes, I didn't even know that foolish Bigot and coward took RAKAT+ grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by Almaiga: 1:20pm On Apr 14
ivandragon:
Lol.

All these dangerous games minions like playing with thier politicians all in the name of 'loyalty', one day, you people will reap what you are sowing.

Igbos, like every other ethnic nationality in Nigeria, have thier good sides and bad sides.

Mention one of their good side and I'll give you 10k

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by Iceberg3: 1:21pm On Apr 14
payaseriy:
First and foremost. I am from the Niger Delta and the Igbos are the closest relatives we have but the truth must be said without bias or favouritism.

Growing up, i never truly understood why people in Warri(Agbarho) would say "no one should sell land to Igbo man'. It was not hate, but something the Urhobo observed about the nature of the Igbo men wanting to snatch their lands and impose dominance.

My people don't really like the Igbos. I didnt know why at first until i was a victim of an Igbo man. We had a striving business until an Igbo man came close and opened a shop next to ours. Within few weeks, he would stand close to the road and whenever someone wanted to enter our shop, he would call them and lure them over. It was a very annoying character, some of these people would later inform us that the igbo man was saying our products are substandard and that our price are way too higher.

I didn't stay enough to tolerate the nonsense because i later stopped going to the shop and left the business to my younger brother. Months later, i went to the shop and was surprised how the Igbo man would draw people away and even have the audacity to come to our shop to collect goods for them.

My stupid brother allowed this to happened. It was a very difficult times for our business. His desperation to make money would drive him to even kill a man.

They actually did something that led to the death of my father, that's a story for another time.

I had a girlfriend at home before i gained admission into the university. Then one holiday, my girlfriend told me that same igbo man came to her and told her i wont marry her and that am promiscuous and was only using her, and so much more. The igbo man was troubling the little girl and because of her incessant complain of what the Igbo man was saying to her, i decided to stay off. I left the girl.

Barely six months later, she was pregnant and abadoned. How time flies!

Still i never hated an entire tribe because of the evil of some of the people. I can say more than hundred of evil that igbo men had done to me and my family in Warri. One of such time, an igbo woman poisoned our dog, yes, we know she did it because she was our tenant and when the dog was vomiting, it was same thing she had on her. Plus, she had often threatened to kill the dog for invading her rented space.

It was very painful because that dog was our first dog and my elder brother bought me that dog the day i was born. I was about 10 when the dog died. Same years as the dog, i cried and for the first time in my life, i saw tears on my Dad's face.

Alot happened since then bt let save them for later...

Many years later, i went to lagos to stay with a friend. And one of those days, my car got broken and i decided to take public transport.

I got into one and while the car was still in transit, a man(presumably a yoruba man), did something that got a lady pissed off in the cab. I interfered and told the man his wrong and the next thing he said to me was "These Igbo boys, we go deal with all of ona..." i could read the hate on his expression. But i was no Igbo boy, as a matter of fact, i am an Urhobo boy, a tribe so complex that wont even sell a piece of land to Igbo or yoruba man.

So many tribes Hate Igbo and i don't imagine why. They are full of themselves and think the entire country revolves around them, they forget they are just one out of 250 ethnic group in Nigeria.

The yoruba man feels threatened by the existence of the Igbo man. I don't blame them. Even i feel repugnant at the character of many of them, mostly my current Neighbor that defames me at all opportunity.

But we must learn to co exist. The bad eggs are many but that doesnt mean we should throw away the entire basket. The Igbo man has wronged me even more than many people attacking them, bt i can't hate an entire ethnic group because 100s of them stepped on my toes.

Fighing and hating on Nairaland is not the right way to express yourself. Like the Bible says" doing the right thing, is what makes a nation great".

Don't be a tribalist ( almost like Racist), let learn to tolerate and coexist, but don't sell your land to them o... Lol.

Anyways, please lets coexist

Have you ever bothered to find out why they call you people urhobo wayo?

You urhobos are like black sheep in the entire SS.
Bunch of lazy men who only know how to drink ogogoro and get drunk while your women do all the work....we are very sure you will embrace and kiss the Fulanis killing people upandan..better go and get ready to cut off ya foreskin grin
Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by blacknp(m): 1:23pm On Apr 14
payaseriy:
these are not necessary. I didnt mention Obi name, please this is not a political post to attack Igbos.

Agbarho man, na you let the cat out of the basket.
Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by Hankim: 1:23pm On Apr 14
payaseriy:

Hmmm how do you expect someone who hit their forehead on the ground twice a day to have a sane mind?
Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by Iceberg3: 1:24pm On Apr 14
payaseriy:

The universe will surely pay you back very well for what you have done.
I am Edo and you will never escape justice..we Niger Deltans have coexisted with the igbos for decades...

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by blacknp(m): 1:24pm On Apr 14
Almaiga:

Very funny.
Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by gidgiddy: 1:24pm On Apr 14
Almaiga:

Fulani are more tolerant than Igbo. Even though, they are Cousins

Yes, they are killing people in all 6 geopolitical zones in Nigeria, destroying millions in farm land, raping women, all because they are tolerant

9 Likes

Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by blacknp(m): 1:26pm On Apr 14
Iceberg3:

The universe will surely pay you back very well for what you have done.
I am Edo and you will never escape justice..we Niger Deltans have coexisted with the igbos for decades...
What of the Niger Deltans in Alaigbo, how are they fairing?
Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by Almaiga: 1:29pm On Apr 14
Oceanfl0w:
I trust those lowlifes in Nairaland. They will flock here with cooked up stories just to spoil the name of igbos.

Una go tire one day sha.

I pray one day, Nigeria would get it right...

If I tell you wetin Igbo People do me, but I dey do them back to back. No time to check time.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by Iceberg3: 1:30pm On Apr 14
blacknp:
What of the Niger Deltans in Alaigbo, how are they fairing?
Auzubillai menashaitan nirajeem!!!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by gidgiddy: 1:30pm On Apr 14
blacknp:
Fulani herdsmen are killing them you claim, but they other tribes all seem to detest you still, then you ought to know that something is definitely wrong with you.

And that's what I need explanation to. Why is it that Fulani herdsmen are killing you Nigerians in all 6 geopolitical zones, but you don't hate Fulani, you Nigerians even elected and re-elected a Fulani man called Buhari while his herdsmen brothers were massacaring you, but it is Igbo that is your problem? If you guys don't like Igbo, support them to go their way as Biafra.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by gidgiddy: 1:30pm On Apr 14
payaseriy:
That's your problem. You think people are unjustly criticizing you.

I'm an ardent Obi supporter, you can go through my previous trends

Some of ur folks are terrible people, so also in every ethnic group, but certain traits are perculiar to some ethnic group. The perculiar traits is what we point out.

But you must realise that i don't hate your ethnic group and wont advise anyone to hate them too. Go through all my comments.

To me, discrimination based on ethnic group is similar to racism, bt that doesnt stop me from pointing out what i see, or from experience my view.

Good speed and stay blessed

And that's what I need explanation to. Why is it that Fulani herdsmen are killing you Nigerians in all 6 geopolitical zones, but you don't hate Fulani, you Nigerians even elected and re-elected a Fulani man called Buhari while his herdsmen brothers were massacaring you, but it is Igbo that is your problem? If you guys don't like Igbo, support them to go their way as Biafra.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by Bulldozer90: 1:31pm On Apr 14
Igbo presence in Warri is quite minimal and it's getting smaller by the day. Warri business environment is very hostile, land swampy and purchasing power weak. Igbos are much more attracted to Asaba. Being more peaceful, receptive and vibrant, and for obvious cultural reasons, Igbo presence there is increasing.

I wonder which Igbo is demanding land from you in Warri to start with. I suspect you are a fake moniker and I expect Warri people to dissociate themselves from you.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by Almaiga: 1:31pm On Apr 14
gidgiddy:

Yes, they are killing people in all 6 geopolitical zones in Nigeria, destroying millions in farm land, raping women, all because they are tolerant

Like I said, Fulani are more tolerant than Igbo. Fulani people are even fun to live with. Unlike......

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by DCmonster: 1:31pm On Apr 14
payaseriy:
First and foremost. I am from the Niger Delta and the Igbos are the closest relatives we have but the truth must be said without bias or favouritism.

Growing up, i never truly understood why people in Warri(Agbarho) would say "no one should sell land to Igbo man'. It was not hate, but something the Urhobo observed about the nature of the Igbo men wanting to snatch their lands and impose dominance.

My people don't really like the Igbos. I didnt know why at first until i was a victim of an Igbo man. We had a striving business until an Igbo man came close and opened a shop next to ours. Within few weeks, he would stand close to the road and whenever someone wanted to enter our shop, he would call them and lure them over. It was a very annoying character, some of these people would later inform us that the igbo man was saying our products are substandard and that our price are way too higher.

I didn't stay enough to tolerate the nonsense because i later stopped going to the shop and left the business to my younger brother. Months later, i went to the shop and was surprised how the Igbo man would draw people away and even have the audacity to come to our shop to collect goods for them.

My stupid brother allowed this to happened. It was a very difficult times for our business. His desperation to make money would drive him to even kill a man.

They actually did something that led to the death of my father, that's a story for another time.

I had a girlfriend at home before i gained admission into the university. Then one holiday, my girlfriend told me that same igbo man came to her and told her i wont marry her and that am promiscuous and was only using her, and so much more. The igbo man was troubling the little girl and because of her incessant complain of what the Igbo man was saying to her, i decided to stay off. I left the girl.

Barely six months later, she was pregnant and abadoned. How time flies!

Still i never hated an entire tribe because of the evil of some of the people. I can say more than hundred of evil that igbo men had done to me and my family in Warri. One of such time, an igbo woman poisoned our dog, yes, we know she did it because she was our tenant and when the dog was vomiting, it was same thing she had on her. Plus, she had often threatened to kill the dog for invading her rented space.

It was very painful because that dog was our first dog and my elder brother bought me that dog the day i was born. I was about 10 when the dog died. Same years as the dog, i cried and for the first time in my life, i saw tears on my Dad's face.

Alot happened since then bt let save them for later...

Many years later, i went to lagos to stay with a friend. And one of those days, my car got broken and i decided to take public transport.

I got into one and while the car was still in transit, a man(presumably a yoruba man), did something that got a lady pissed off in the cab. I interfered and told the man his wrong and the next thing he said to me was "These Igbo boys, we go deal with all of ona..." i could read the hate on his expression. But i was no Igbo boy, as a matter of fact, i am an Urhobo boy, a tribe so complex that wont even sell a piece of land to Igbo or yoruba man.

So many tribes Hate Igbo and i don't imagine why. They are full of themselves and think the entire country revolves around them, they forget they are just one out of 250 ethnic group in Nigeria.

The yoruba man feels threatened by the existence of the Igbo man. I don't blame them. Even i feel repugnant at the character of many of them, mostly my current Neighbor that defames me at all opportunity.

But we must learn to co exist. The bad eggs are many but that doesnt mean we should throw away the entire basket. The Igbo man has wronged me even more than many people attacking them, bt i can't hate an entire ethnic group because 100s of them stepped on my toes.

Fighing and hating on Nairaland is not the right way to express yourself. Like the Bible says" doing the right thing, is what makes a nation great".

Don't be a tribalist ( almost like Racist), let learn to tolerate and coexist, but don't sell your land to them o... Lol.

Anyways, please lets coexist
Idiot Agbarho is not warri but uwvian.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by Almaiga: 1:32pm On Apr 14
blacknp:
Very funny.

Mention one na
Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by Iceberg3: 1:32pm On Apr 14
Hankim:

Hmmm how do you expect someone who hit their forehead on the ground twice a day to have a sane mind?
The accused you quoted is the op,the very person who is to blame for all these... If tree nor fall,or person nor bring tree down,as it were,goat nor go cross nah

1 Like

Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by blacknp(m): 1:34pm On Apr 14
Almaiga:

Mention one na
I no be igbo, and I no fit mention, that is why I said Very funny.
Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by blacknp(m): 1:36pm On Apr 14
gidgiddy:

You are asking me to tell you what is wrong with you, why your fellow tribes in Nigeria detest you lot? Even though those nomadic animal grazers are causing themselves to be nuisances in the society, some still detest you?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by Iceberg3: 1:37pm On Apr 14
payaseriy:
Igbo are not better than 249 more ethnic group in Nigeria, stop creating hatred for urself
Nobody gives a damm about your hatred,who send you!!!!
In life, people only get jealous and envious of those who are way better in life than they can ever dream to be so keep up with your hatred...

Who God have blessed no bad belle can curse

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by Hankim: 1:39pm On Apr 14
Almaiga:

By making sure Awolowo took Ratak+ , waiting for my 10k from jobless mofo who only live with APC monthly stipend of 30k , no be juju be that grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by gidgiddy: 1:40pm On Apr 14
blacknp:
You are asking me to tell you what is wrong with you, why your fellow tribes in Nigeria detest you lot? Even though those nomadic animals are causing themselves to be nuisances in the society, some still detest you?

This is very simple, if you don't like Igbo, support them to go their way as Biafra. But if you cannot do without them, then put up with them and close mouth.

4 Likes

Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by blacknp(m): 1:41pm On Apr 14
Iceberg3:

Nobody gives a damm about your hatred,who send you!!!!
In life, people only get jealous and envious of those who are way better in life than they can ever dream to be so keep up with your hatred...

Who God have blessed no bad belle can curse
Na even that payaseriy I blame, after speaking the honest truth, he wan try pacify una.

He has no idea the kind of incoherent things that he is dealing with.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by blacknp(m): 1:43pm On Apr 14
gidgiddy:

This is very simple, if you don't like Igbo, support them to go their way as Biafra. But if you cannot do without them, then put up with them and close mouth.
Who has stopped you from leaving the Federal Republic of Nigeria? abi Odumegwu Ojukwu no leave, after e tire, na em use em own leg return back.

Biafra dey Republic du Cameroon, if you done tire for Naija, you fit cross border leave.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by Almaiga: 1:44pm On Apr 14
Hankim:

By making sure Awolowo took Ratak+ , waiting for my 10k from jobless mofo who only live with APC monthly stipend of 30k , no be juju be that grin grin

Just imagine. You can't even mention one positive thing people from your side do.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by Iceberg3: 1:45pm On Apr 14
Op also said the igbos are responsible for his father's death but he has a thread on his profile where he squarely put the blame on a certain church!

Ogogoro

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Fire Destroys 20 Shops In Ibadan Market / PDP Caretaker Officials Attacked In Kano / Advantage Of Investing In Benin Republic. money Security

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.