Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan (3730 Views)

The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan (reply From An Igbo) / Ikoyi Tragedy And Casual Bigotry Against Yoruba Muslims / Asaba Massacre: Untold Story Of Tragedy And Carnage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by Slytiger: 4:29pm On Apr 14
NPFLADMIN:
Na tribalism go kill all of you las las.
Nigeria is a tribal country. grin
Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by NPFLADMIN(m): 4:31pm On Apr 14
Almaiga:

Mention one of their good side and I'll give you 10k
Abeg dash me the 10k.
Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by ASAPFERG: 4:32pm On Apr 14
I hate igbos with passion, and i don't joke with them at all both online and offline.

2 Likes

Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by NPFLADMIN(m): 4:32pm On Apr 14
Slytiger:
Nigeria is a tribal country. grin
I don't quite understand.
Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by NPFLADMIN(m): 4:35pm On Apr 14
ASAPFERG:
I hate igbos with passion, and i don't joke with them at all both online and offline.

You do realize it doesn't change a thing?
Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by Slytiger: 4:35pm On Apr 14
NPFLADMIN:

Meaning people from different tribes were merged together by the British for their own selfish gain.

A British man can never share a country with a German or French, but expect other nations to live together.
Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by Caleb15(m): 4:38pm On Apr 14
50 years of Gbas Gbos
Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by NPFLADMIN(m): 4:40pm On Apr 14
Slytiger:
Meaning people from different tribes were merged together by the British for their own selfish gain.

A British man can never share a country with a German or French, but expect other nations to live together.

TRUE!

And our system of government made it worse.

With laws against tribalism in place and every region working hard for itself, we would be better than this.
Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by Emu4u2c: 4:41pm On Apr 14
payaseriy:
First and foremost. I am from the Niger Delta and the Igbos are the closest relatives we have but the truth must be said without bias or favouritism.

Growing up, i never truly understood why people in Warri(Agbarho) would say "no one should sell land to Igbo man'. It was not hate, but something the Urhobo observed about the nature of the Igbo men wanting to snatch their lands and impose dominance.

My people don't really like the Igbos. I didnt know why at first until i was a victim of an Igbo man. We had a striving business until an Igbo man came close and opened a shop next to ours. Within few weeks, he would stand close to the road and whenever someone wanted to enter our shop, he would call them and lure them over. It was a very annoying character, some of these people would later inform us that the igbo man was saying our products are substandard and that our price are way too higher.

I didn't stay enough to tolerate the nonsense because i later stopped going to the shop and left the business to my younger brother. Months later, i went to the shop and was surprised how the Igbo man would draw people away and even have the audacity to come to our shop to collect goods for them.

My stupid brother allowed this to happened. It was a very difficult times for our business. His desperation to make money would drive him to even kill a man.

They actually did something that led to the death of my father, that's a story for another time.

I had a girlfriend at home before i gained admission into the university. Then one holiday, my girlfriend told me that same igbo man came to her and told her i wont marry her and that am promiscuous and was only using her, and so much more. The igbo man was troubling the little girl and because of her incessant complain of what the Igbo man was saying to her, i decided to stay off. I left the girl.

Barely six months later, she was pregnant and abadoned. How time flies!

Still i never hated an entire tribe because of the evil of some of the people. I can say more than hundred of evil that igbo men had done to me and my family in Warri. One of such time, an igbo woman poisoned our dog, yes, we know she did it because she was our tenant and when the dog was vomiting, it was same thing she had on her. Plus, she had often threatened to kill the dog for invading her rented space.

It was very painful because that dog was our first dog and my elder brother bought me that dog the day i was born. I was about 10 when the dog died. Same years as the dog, i cried and for the first time in my life, i saw tears on my Dad's face.

Alot happened since then bt let save them for later...

Many years later, i went to lagos to stay with a friend. And one of those days, my car got broken and i decided to take public transport.

I got into one and while the car was still in transit, a man(presumably a yoruba man), did something that got a lady pissed off in the cab. I interfered and told the man his wrong and the next thing he said to me was "These Igbo boys, we go deal with all of ona..." i could read the hate on his expression. But i was no Igbo boy, as a matter of fact, i am an Urhobo boy, a tribe so complex that wont even sell a piece of land to Igbo or yoruba man.

So many tribes Hate Igbo and i don't imagine why. They are full of themselves and think the entire country revolves around them, they forget they are just one out of 250 ethnic group in Nigeria.

The yoruba man feels threatened by the existence of the Igbo man. I don't blame them. Even i feel repugnant at the character of many of them, mostly my current Neighbor that defames me at all opportunity.

But we must learn to co exist. The bad eggs are many but that doesnt mean we should throw away the entire basket. The Igbo man has wronged me even more than many people attacking them, bt i can't hate an entire ethnic group because 100s of them stepped on my toes.

Fighing and hating on Nairaland is not the right way to express yourself. Like the Bible says" doing the right thing, is what makes a nation great".

Don't be a tribalist ( almost like Racist), let learn to tolerate and coexist, but don't sell your land to them o... Lol.

Anyways, please lets coexist

I'm from agbarho.. your First sentence is wrong.. agbarho don't sell land to strangers not only Igbo people but it has been reversed.. stop making it look like the law is particularly against the Igbo people

1 Like

Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by Slytiger: 4:42pm On Apr 14
NPFLADMIN:

And what we see on Nairaland is even small. There are dedicated Ikwerre, irhobo, Ijaw, bini e.t.c. handles on twitter that all they do is push back against the SEeasterners on a daily. One is Princess Onome (onome239) -Urhobo, and other is Nwo Diali (Man like Ed) - ikwerre

1 Like

Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by ASAPFERG: 4:45pm On Apr 14
Almaiga:

We all know the Tribe that do bad things to People. And they are quick at wailing online, claiming to be victims.
how far guy you nor go do eid el fitr for me
Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by NPFLADMIN(m): 4:46pm On Apr 14
Slytiger:

And what we see on Nairaland is even small. There are dedicated Ikwerre, irhobo, Ijaw, bini e.t.c. handles on twitter that all they do is push back against the SEeasterners on a daily. One is Princess Onome -Urhobo , and other is Nwo Diali (Man like Ed) - ikwerre

If we don't stop, we'll be the instrument of our own demise.
Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by ObiCertificate: 4:51pm On Apr 14
gidgiddy:

This is very simple, if you don't like Igbo, support them to go their way as Biafra. But if you cannot do without them, then put up with them and close mouth.

Shut up.

Nobody will help Igbos get any phantom Biafra. Biafra that is childish blackmail for Nigeria to dash you presidency without working for it. Keep dreaming.

They should learn to be humble and diplomatic enough to negotiate their exit when they’re serious and they might even get the presidency in the process.

1 Like

Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by Hankim: 4:52pm On Apr 14
muhammaduyusufu:
If all your neighbors have a problem with you, you have to check yourself.

Do you need RATAK over that? grin
Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by ebufa: 4:59pm On Apr 14
Whalis:
In Rivers State we noticed them early and with all might sabotaged the Biafran struggle.

you sabotaged yourself to poverty in perpetuity!
Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by ObiCertificate: 4:59pm On Apr 14
gidgiddy:

There's one question I have for you and people like you. A question that I already know you will run away from

How come you hate Igbo but don't hate Fulani? You say you are from Delta State but Fulani herdsmen killed 14 people in Ika just last week. Fulani herdsmen have attacked and killed people in almost every community in Delta State, and every state in the South South, in the last 5 years

So why have you never written long epistle against Fulani? Fulani herdsmen were killing people in all 6 geopolitical zones in Nigeria, but that did not stop Nigerians from electing and re-electing a Fulani man called Buhari as President

Can you imagine if it were Igbo that was killing Nigerians in all 6 zones? Destroying farm lands and raping women?

So please tell us this incredible thing Igbos did that pained you, but Fulani killing you did not pain you so much to hate them

You have been frothing at the mouth about Fulanis like a rabid canine in a fruitless attempt to deflect from the OP’s lamentation of his grouses with Ibo’s which is the MAIN THRUST of this thread.

Maybe you should ask Obi why he’s been busy courting and twerking for Fulanis lately since all of them are guilty of killing Nigerians in the six geopolitical zones like you ridiculously claimed.

It means Obi would either be an insensitive prick that doesn’t care about his people & other Nigerians OR you’re telling a great, wicked lie against the majority of Fulani’s that are hardworking, peace loving & patriotic farmers, businessmen, civil servants, industrialists etc.

1 Share

Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by ResidentSnitch(f): 5:03pm On Apr 14
tollyboy5:
grin Let's learn how to live together. My uncle use to tell me, when people say nonsense you give it back to them.
Let them know they're saying nonsense!
But my mum said I should always avoid trouble.
I chose that of my mum. When I grew older I took the advice of my uncle and both worked for me in different time.
At a younger age I will always here trashy talk and might not want to fire back.

Like for instance one lovely igbo woman that use to give me alot of goodies told me to do my research well, that my ancestors were from Ogun state not Lagos Epe.
She said many of this Yoruba are not from Lagos that Lagos is a mixed state.
I fired back immediately that she should not tell me my history and what I know.
The whole Epe territory is Ijebu land before Lagos state and Ogun state came to be.
So this is our land and we're majorly ijebu.
She had to keep quiet.

Another day we were talking about bad government and I said it clearly that I don't like tinubu but I can't join a protest against his government now, I'm optimistic and besides Lagos will benefit alot.

She said that's tribalism, I said it's personal interest.

Our different view doesn't mean we should stop being friends you know.

Once I enter alaba and someone drags my hand, "oga game, laptop, candle, aeroplane etc I get am 4 my store".
Sometimes I just laugh and pass, sometimes if I'm pissed I'll tell him "I go comot yah teeth now".

I understand igbos very well, they are nice people but if you don't call them to order they will ride you.
One of my neighbor that I use to play with daughter and buy things for her. Despite all this my good jesture, this woman will always spoil my parol with any babe wey i wan knack!

Once she sees me with uju, the next thing I'll see is her advising the girl grin
She did that with chibuzor and Ada too.
I no later see those babes knack!
I just laugh 4 my mind, I would have applied pressure but I reserve my pressure for better things.
I stop buying anything for her which reduce how I buy stuff for her daughter grin
But we're still friends.
Those are my experience with igbos sofar.
If you're above 15 years and you wrote this, then you should be pitied.

1 Like

Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by ebufa: 5:04pm On Apr 14
tollyboy5:
grin Let's learn how to live together. My uncle use to tell me, when people say nonsense you give it back to them.
Let them know they're saying nonsense!
But my mum said I should always avoid trouble.
I chose that of my mum. When I grew older I took the advice of my uncle and both worked for me in different time.
At a younger age I will always here trashy talk and might not want to fire back.

Like for instance one lovely igbo woman that use to give me alot of goodies told me to do my research well, that my ancestors were from Ogun state not Lagos Epe.
She said many of this Yoruba are not from Lagos that Lagos is a mixed state.
I fired back immediately that she should not tell me my history and what I know.
The whole Epe territory is Ijebu land before Lagos state and Ogun state came to be.
So this is our land and we're majorly ijebu.
She had to keep quiet.

Another day we were talking about bad government and I said it clearly that I don't like tinubu but I can't join a protest against his government now, I'm optimistic and besides Lagos will benefit alot.

She said that's tribalism, I said it's personal interest.

Our different view doesn't mean we should stop being friends you know.

Once I enter alaba and someone drags my hand, "oga game, laptop, candle, aeroplane etc I get am 4 my store".
Sometimes I just laugh and pass, sometimes if I'm pissed I'll tell him "I go comot yah teeth now".

I understand igbos very well, they are nice people but if you don't call them to order they will ride you.
One of my neighbor that I use to play with daughter and buy things for her. Despite all this my good jesture, this woman will always spoil my parol with any babe wey i wan knack!

Once she sees me with uju, the next thing I'll see is her advising the girl grin
She did that with chibuzor and Ada too.
I no later see those babes knack!
I just laugh 4 my mind, I would have applied pressure but I reserve my pressure for better things.
I stop buying anything for her which reduce how I buy stuff for her daughter grin
But we're still friends.
Those are my experience with igbos sofar.

dis ones's only ambition in life is to knack igbo olosho! this one na real ofeke!!

1 Like

Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by Emu4u2c: 5:10pm On Apr 14
CharlotteFlair:
You are talking rubbish!
An Igbo had a shop near yours and because of his shrewd business acumen, you chickened out, typical of Urhobo man. You and your brother are nothing but EKPA, EkPA Jiji! EkPA eghegh!

It's an abomination to marry an Urhobo person in my place.

Your women are very very promiscuous and fetish, that's why there is a high incidence of broken marriage in your place.

When the men marry them and immediately try to curtail their promiscuity by placing juju on them, they will eventually abandon the marriage and hop to the next one and make sure the man does not pay her bride price.

They continue to live together without formalizing the union traditionally because the day the man dares that, his days are numbered!

The wife will go and do her own juju to nullify the juju placed on her and will begin to Bleep around, then boom! Her juju fails and the man dies from protruding stomach.

If the man is lucky to get the wife to confess publicly about her promiscuity, then there's a chance he will leave.

Majority of your marriages are not traditionally formalized because of the narration I just gave you.

Your women are very promiscuous and your men are inherently lazy.

Even now that you claim to be a man, the lazy gene you were born with is still in you. I dare you to stand in the way of any Igboman and be crushed to powder!

Nonsense!

LoL.. The Guy is in support of the Igbo man but you have ended up ridiculing him...I don't like the Ibo man and I would never hide it
Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by Emu4u2c: 5:12pm On Apr 14
CharlotteFlair:

Infact, you are a SIMP!

Imagine you who created a thread to insult a tribe who are genetically superior to you, only to be playing victim when you got the response you deserved 🙄🙄🙄

You can't even take what you dish out! Typical Urhobo whimp! 😂

You lack compression.. The Man didn't insult the Igbo Tribe..he was soliciting for the Igbo Man..

1 Like

Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by ObiCertificate: 5:12pm On Apr 14
CharlotteFlair:

Infact, you are a SIMP!

Imagine you who created a thread to insult a tribe who are genetically superior to you, only to be playing victim when you got the response you deserved 🙄🙄🙄

You can't even take what you dish out! Typical Urhobo whimp! 😂

Cannibally superior or how?

Your inferiority complex is working overtime.

Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by CharlotteFlair: 5:13pm On Apr 14
Emu4u2c:

LoL.. The Guy is in support of the Igbo man but you have ended up ridiculing him...I don't like the Ibo man and I would never hide it
You have been noticed.
Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by Emu4u2c: 5:13pm On Apr 14
CharlotteFlair:
Your Agbarho is an obscure town at the back of nowhere. Even though it's the home of the Ibrus, that's basically all there is to that obscure enclave.

Ekpa.. Agbarho is home to the agofure.. Agbarha is home to the ibrus

1 Like

Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by Emu4u2c: 5:15pm On Apr 14
CharlotteFlair:
Imagine using a backward tribe like Urhobo to talk nonsense!

Since the Ibrus became stewed in official corruption and went underground, the only Urhobo man claim to fame is Reno small goat. grin

Reno is the greatest Urhobo man alive grin

Mumu.. Reno is itshekiri

1 Like

Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by blacknp(m): 5:16pm On Apr 14
Almaiga:

Crime. That's their major characteristic grin
Very funny.
Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by payaseriy: 5:18pm On Apr 14
CharlotteFlair:
I have been rummaging through Agbarho even before you were born. Lazy gene carrier!
lol

I see why people hate u folks

1 Like

Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by payaseriy: 5:19pm On Apr 14
SeeWahala:

Why? When we can just meet face to face?

Come to that christ embassy opposite ekpan police station. I'm there right now cool

Quote me when you reach let's talk about this your igbo hate very well cheesy
Are u dumb, u said u are in Agbarho, list ten street u can not... na only ekpan wey u search for google na ur papa know
Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by Dafresh: 5:20pm On Apr 14
Iceberg3:
Op also said the igbos are responsible for his father's death but he has a thread on his profile where he squarely put the blame on a certain church!

Ogogoro
he will still put the blame of his mother's deattth on Igbos and very soon Igbos will make him jobless

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by ObiCertificate: 5:21pm On Apr 14
CharlotteFlair:
This one is consulting encyclopedia to attack my mention. It's because I'm genetically superior to you.

Cannibally?

All those skulls you mine on a daily basis, what do you do with them?

Don't you cook aseje with them and eat? Then you mix some with your soap to bathe and the rest you cut your skin and rub them in.
Hahaha 😃

Waray don snatch your joystick. 😃

You’re showing chronic signs of inferiority complex my cannibally superior friend cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan by CharlotteFlair: 5:22pm On Apr 14
payaseriy:
lol

I see why people hate u folks
You are hated most manh! Nothing new. I still remember how Anioma people cried after Delta state was created and warri and that axis was included in the new state lol.

Promiscuous lazy fetish people! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Igbos Have The Best Road Network In Nigeria. / Military Rule In Bayelsa - Sam Omatseye / General Muhammadu Buhari's Daughter Dies From Sickle Cell Disease.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.