Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

Oba Of Benin Installed As Chancellor Of NOUN - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Oba Of Benin Installed As Chancellor Of NOUN (13261 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan Appointed As Chancellor Of Cavendish University Uganda / Professor Charles Egbu Appointed Vice-chancellor Of Leeds Trinity University, UK / Ekiti Varsity Retains Lamido Sanusi as Chancellor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Benin Installed As Chancellor Of NOUN by Amayabor1: 4:02pm On Apr 15
lowkey0147:
Please I want the oba to clarify us on this:

Why is Benin Kingdom so uncertain in today's history; with no substantial proves who there predecessors or descendants are.

Today, ask the benin people who there descendants are:

(The 1st day) They will claim their descendants are the yorubas.

(Day 2) They will say it's the Isokos

(Day 3) They will say it's the Ijaw

(Day 4) They will say it's the Igbos and Ikwerres

(Day 5) They will say its the urhobos (after their migration falacy) People with barely 4 local govt in Edo state, is it not funny?..

Presently, they're raising unequivocal issues and doubts among other confused tribe that are willing to dive into their confusion.

These people are really confused who they are, where they came from and who were their good or bad neighbours.

Today they claim fathering Yoruba, tomorrow Igalla or Ijaw, next Igbo or Ikwerre or Opobo or Urhobos. They seem to be hopeless in determining who they are.

(And they claimed they once had a kingdom, hmmm).

How can you be a father to communities that are one hundred percent more than you in population, with highly sophisticated different languages, culture, tradition and customs? See the sizes of Yoruba - Benin, Igbo - Benin, Igalla - Benin. It is that of a Squirrel to an Elephant, and you want a sage to believe that the squirrel is the father and founder of the Elephant. So where is the rationale, the similarity, the closeness, etc.

Na mumu dey worry you. You just showed that you are really daft.

First, do you want to know where the benins originated from or you want to know their descendants because these are two different issues that you have lumped together as one (to show you how daft you really are). Let us know which one you want to know.

But for your information, some parts of Igbo land (like Onitsha), urhobos, itshekiris, Yoruba etc. all originated from the old benin kingdom.
You dey underestimate the size, influence and reach of the old Benin empire.
I know you are a Yoruba man who doesn't want to believe that previous obas of Lagos were buried in Benin kingdom. Some present day Lagos chiefs still pay allegiance to the oba of Benin.

So, which one do you want a lecture on; origin/predecessors or descendants?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Installed As Chancellor Of NOUN by femi4: 4:03pm On Apr 15
chatinent:
Why did NOUN disallow LLB courses?
or why the woman no sabi her degree after spending 6 yrs in school. Na llb dey before her name not bsc for the graduation list
Re: Oba Of Benin Installed As Chancellor Of NOUN by Dione007(m): 4:07pm On Apr 15
[quote author=lowkey0147 post=129450278]Please I want the oba to clarify us on this:

Why is Benin Kingdom so uncertain in today's history; with no substantial proves who there predecessors or descendants are.

(Day 5) They will say its the urhobos (after their migration falacy)
People with barely 4 local govt in Edo state, is it not funny?..

Presently, they're raising unequivocal issues and doubts among other confused tribe that are willing to dive into their confusion.

you are ignorant and i dont blame you, i blame the country that took away history from its curriculum. im an isoko man from ozoro, the founder of ozoro was a benin man that ran away from benin due to conflict. ancient benin empire ruled over much of southern nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Installed As Chancellor Of NOUN by Dione007(m): 4:10pm On Apr 15
Amayabor1:

Na mumu dey worry you. You just showed that you are really daft.

First, do you want to know where the benins originated from or you want to know their descendants because these are two different issues that you have lumped together as one (to show you how daft you really are). Let us know which one you want to know.

But for your information, some parts of Igbo land (like Onitsha), urhobos, itshekiris, Yoruba etc. all originated from the old benin kingdom.
You dey underestimate the size, influence and reach of the old Benin empire.
I know you are a Yoruba man who doesn't want to believe that previous obas of Lagos were buried in Benin kingdom. Some present day Lagos chiefs still pay allegiance to the oba of Benin.

So, which one do you want a lecture on; origin/predecessors or descendants?
na ignorance dey worry that one.
Re: Oba Of Benin Installed As Chancellor Of NOUN by Prechgold1180(m): 4:13pm On Apr 15
EreluRoz:
Even Lucky Igbinedion, all of them. E too much, it's really hard to see a fine Edo man

I b edo man Benin to be precise
I can tell you for a fact say I fine die

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Installed As Chancellor Of NOUN by Dione007(m): 4:17pm On Apr 15
[quote author=lowkey0147 post=129450278]Please I want the oba to clarify us on this:

Using your squirrel logic, england is meant to be bigger than usa. Guess who colonized who. Abi you need someone to teach you that when an empire falls, it loses most of its territory. Alexander the great conqured almost the full world for macedonia but can greece claim egypt or turkey or india?
Re: Oba Of Benin Installed As Chancellor Of NOUN by EreluRoz: 4:21pm On Apr 15
Prechgold1180:

I b edo man Benin to be precise
I can tell you for a fact say I fine die
picture or I don't believe
Re: Oba Of Benin Installed As Chancellor Of NOUN by lowkey0147: 4:33pm On Apr 15
[quote author=Dione007 post=129453452][/quote]
See this ewedu man claiming to be isoko, go and sit down 😐..

Which kindred are you from? And what's ur family name? Ewedu man..

Re: Oba Of Benin Installed As Chancellor Of NOUN by lowkey0147: 4:50pm On Apr 15
FreeStuffsNG:
Congratulations sir. May your tenure bring great tidings to NOUN sir.

It's increasingly clear that it is a lie and failed history revisionists peddled the falsehood that it is a taboo for you and past Obas to leave your palace. They did not know that one day, internet will come and expose them with pictures of past Obas outside their palace and even bowing to greet the Queen of England.

May God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!

Just say that God created only the benins, then other tribes were their offsprings 😊..

Ndi eriri eri 😋..

Re: Oba Of Benin Installed As Chancellor Of NOUN by Prechgold1180(m): 4:53pm On Apr 15
EreluRoz:
picture or I don't believe
Make I send my picture give my fellow brotherhood

Abi u be bob wey don dey at risk for ikoyi prison
Re: Oba Of Benin Installed As Chancellor Of NOUN by Class01: 4:59pm On Apr 15

It's a good question I would have loved to engage you on. But you sound bitter in your write up so perhaps next time.

Meanwhile we have not claimed to father anybody but we acknowledge the crossline.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Installed As Chancellor Of NOUN by EreluRoz: 5:09pm On Apr 15
Prechgold1180:

Make I send my picture give my fellow brotherhood

Abi u be bob wey don dey at risk for ikoyi prison
undecided just accept Edo people are ugly and stop looking for a cheap escape
Re: Oba Of Benin Installed As Chancellor Of NOUN by DECLAN2015(m): 5:22pm On Apr 15
Dennisochampa:

The same reason why small countries like Isreal are more important to the USA than large countries like France and Netherlands...
U can give birth to a child and the child will become greater than you which is the prayer of all responsible fathers...
Why you had to bring up this issue is what I am yet to understand.....

The topic was for his installment as a chancellor...

Your own argument is about history...

How 2 of them take relate abi village people Don put hand for your matter

So the yoruba is d pilin right
They have always been ur daddy .
Re: Oba Of Benin Installed As Chancellor Of NOUN by ariesbull: 5:27pm On Apr 15
Is it that school that produced that lawyer in Enenche place
Re: Oba Of Benin Installed As Chancellor Of NOUN by Dennisochampa: 5:28pm On Apr 15
DECLAN2015:

So the yoruba is d pilin right
They have always been ur daddy .

Na u and your ancestors know werin u dey talk about...
I only gave an instance...
Ok bye
Re: Oba Of Benin Installed As Chancellor Of NOUN by Dione007(m): 5:30pm On Apr 15
[quote author=lowkey0147 post=129453846] See this ewedu man claiming to be isoko, go and sit down
Re: Oba Of Benin Installed As Chancellor Of NOUN by Jeboy(m): 5:33pm On Apr 15
You are right on point.

I was only able to graduate with 2.1 in Information Technology because I already had ND and HND Computer Science background from YabaTech.

NOUN is not your regular unis. The course material are world class.

Xpol:
Most of the people who rush in thinking it's an easier way to become a degree holder drop out after the first exam.Most of the students that graduated with 2.1 in NOUN(especially 4.0 upward) won't find it difficult to get first class in conventional universities.

No sorting
No mark upgrading
No money/body bribery
Etc.

The first two years exams is between you and your computer you can't even ask questions from the person next to you. It's like being caged.

That school is not for people who don't have time to study. It's for those who can read/study and assimilate, cramming is also needed to pass their e-exams coz you have to write the answers exacting how they appear in the course materials.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Installed As Chancellor Of NOUN by Class01: 5:50pm On Apr 15
lowkey0147:
Please I want the oba to clarify us on this:

These people are really confused who they are, where they came from and who were their good or bad neighbours.

Today they claim fathering Yoruba, tomorrow Igalla or Ijaw, next Igbo or Ikwerre or Opobo or Urhobos. They seem to be hopeless in determining who they are.

(And they claimed they once had a kingdom, odiegwu).

How can you be a father to communities that are one hundred percent more than you in population, with highly sophisticated different languages, culture, tradition and customs?

See the sizes of Yoruba - Benin, Igbo - Benin, Igalla - Benin. It is that of a Squirrel to an Elephant, and you want a sage to believe that the squirrel is the father and founder of the Elephant. So where is the rationale, the similarity, the closeness, etc.

Bitterness is not good for your health
Re: Oba Of Benin Installed As Chancellor Of NOUN by NEIGHBOUR(m): 6:17pm On Apr 15
Unfortunately NOUN graduates are not given due recognition. Their Law graduates are not allowed to attend the law school.
ICAN does not exempt them from any stages of their exams.
Rarely can you get a job using Noun certificates to apply.
Noun seems only meant for civil servants to help them get their promotion instead of stagnating on one level.
The govt must help NOUN to get the needed recognition.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Installed As Chancellor Of NOUN by Raph82(m): 6:24pm On Apr 15
BscHolder:
heard that school is very rigid academically
Hyper rigid. They graduated 22,000 and only 22 of them had first class. Their own pass OAU.
Re: Oba Of Benin Installed As Chancellor Of NOUN by jmichael259(m): 6:27pm On Apr 15
Dennisochampa:

The same reason why small countries like Isreal are more important to the USA than large countries like France and Netherlands

France and Netherlands? large countries?? For which map 🤷🤷🤷
Re: Oba Of Benin Installed As Chancellor Of NOUN by aswani(m): 7:41pm On Apr 15
Gha to kpere baba.

Long may you rule over us your children sir.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Installed As Chancellor Of NOUN by lowkey0147: 7:50pm On Apr 15
Class01:

Bitterness is not good for your health
You mean benin people are very bitter people? Na you talk am o.

Re: Oba Of Benin Installed As Chancellor Of NOUN by Love800(m): 9:01pm On Apr 15
U went to NOUN?
Jeboy:
You are right on point.

I was only able to graduate with 2.1 in Information Technology because I already had ND and HND Computer Science background from YabaTech.

NOUN is not your regular unis. The course material are world class.

Re: Oba Of Benin Installed As Chancellor Of NOUN by Olichoke: 9:29pm On Apr 15
More BSC lawyers and BSC Artists and BS
Chiefs loading
Re: Oba Of Benin Installed As Chancellor Of NOUN by Jeboy(m): 5:09pm On Apr 27
Yes.

Love800:
U went to NOUN?
Re: Oba Of Benin Installed As Chancellor Of NOUN by Love800(m): 8:18pm On Apr 27
For first degree or masters?
Jeboy:
Yes.

Re: Oba Of Benin Installed As Chancellor Of NOUN by Jeboy(m): 9:16pm On May 01
1st. Am doing my Masters outside Nigeria.

Love800:
For first degree or masters?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See What A Teacher Was Caught Doing To His Student After An Exams (photo) / 2016/2017 Jamb Utme, Post Utme And Admission Process Thread / Steve April: The Father Of April Fool.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.