Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,585 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

We Regret Voting Tinubu – Northern Elders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Regret Voting Tinubu – Northern Elders (32852 Views)

Mc Oluomo Disgrace Shina Peller In Public For Not Voting Tinubu (photos,video) / We Can No Longer Campaign For Tinubu - Northern APC Christians / COVID-19: We Regret Begging Elon Musk For Ventilators - FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Regret Voting Tinubu – Northern Elders by iwaeda: 11:15pm On Apr 09
The Northern Elders Forum (NEF) has expressed regrets that the region voted for President Bola Tinubu in 2023.

Of the three leading candidates in the 2023 presidential election, Tinubu, who ran on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC), polled the highest votes from the region.

In an interview with Guardian on Tuesday, Abdul-Azeez Suleiman, spokesman of the forum, said going forward, the region will prioritize unity and consensus in selecting a candidate for the highest office in the land.

Quizzed on the recent visit and donations by Peter Obi, presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP) in the 2023 general elections, to communities in northern states, Suleiman said the region would prioritize someone who is seen as more inclusive, less controversial, and more aligned with the interests of all regions of the country.

“The North made a mistake in voting Bola Tinubu to the presidency in 2023, and it is unlikely that they will repeat the same error in the future.”

“They have learned from their past misstep and will strive to select a candidate who can unite the country and govern in the best interests of all Nigerians.

“Moving forward, the North will be more cautious in selecting a candidate for the presidency. They will prioritize someone who is seen as more inclusive, less controversial, and more aligned with the interests of all regions of the country.

“The mistake of supporting Tinubu in 2023 has taught them the importance of unity and consensus in selecting a candidate for the highest office in the land,” he was quoted as saying.

Tinubu has been widely criticised over some policies of his administration, which have been tagged as anti-masses.

Earlier in the week, former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar, Tinubu’s main challenger in last year’s election, said the president’s policies lack human face.

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential candidate said this in reaction to the hike in electricity tarriff.

However, the president has consistently assured Nigerians that the worse days are over, saying his government has things under control.

After signing the Student Loan bill into law last week, Tinubu said the future of Nigerian children will be brighter as the path to take them out of poverty has been cleared.

He also said the economy was taking shape and step were being taken to tackle inflation.

“The only thing that can fight poverty is education. Today, I signed the bill for the Student Loan Scheme. Imagine the children of the poor; what about people going through the mud fishing in the ponds? How do you tell their children that their future will be brighter? It is only through education that we can fight poverty. A promising future awaits our children,” the president said at an Aso Rock dinner.

“The economy is looking much better. Yes, we have inflation challenges, but we will bring them down. When the exchange rate was going haywire, it looked like we were asleep, but we worked on it diligently, and it is going down; it is getting better. Borrowing was higher a year ago, but today, we are reengineering the financial landscape, and our revenue is expanding. And we are taking up our sovereignty and earning our respect back in the comity of nations.”

https://dailytrust.com/we-regret-voting-tinubu-northern-elders/

22 Likes 10 Shares

Re: We Regret Voting Tinubu – Northern Elders by helinues: 11:16pm On Apr 09
The mushroom Northern elders.

The real northern elders are still waxing strong with their support for this excellency Tinubu.

May be Pdp elders sha

255 Likes 35 Shares

Re: We Regret Voting Tinubu – Northern Elders by buharibanjo(m): 11:17pm On Apr 09
Na today una start de regret?
Mtcheeeew

104 Likes 13 Shares

Re: We Regret Voting Tinubu – Northern Elders by Lizzysamuel(f): 11:18pm On Apr 09
While the failure in Aso Rock has deployed his e-rants to be attacking Obi😂

275 Likes 24 Shares

Re: We Regret Voting Tinubu – Northern Elders by Richtaiwo: 11:19pm On Apr 09
Northerners are very good in politics. Decoy is one of their most treasured fortresses. Politics is not as basic as the usual buying and selling of okirika clothes and spare parts. It goes far beyond that. It is also not about mounting 500 litre GP tanks in some places.

52 Likes 17 Shares

Re: We Regret Voting Tinubu – Northern Elders by Lizzysamuel(f): 11:19pm On Apr 09
helinues:

The real northern elders are still waxing strong with their support for this excellency Tinubu.

May be Pdp elders sha

You call Northern Elders Forum (NEF) mushroom elders?

Wonderful. Let me screenshot this comment 😂

175 Likes 19 Shares

Re: We Regret Voting Tinubu – Northern Elders by helinues: 11:21pm On Apr 09
Lizzysamuel:

You call Northern Elders Forum (NEF) mushroom elders?

Wonderful. Let me screenshot this comment 😂

After taking the screenshot, make sure you head to bank tomorrow morning for cash out.

Hian

243 Likes 28 Shares

Re: We Regret Voting Tinubu – Northern Elders by Lizzysamuel(f): 11:22pm On Apr 09
helinues:

After taking the screenshot, make sure you head to bank tomorrow morning for cash out.

Hian

Atleast you have confirmed all that we have been saying about people from your region

184 Likes 18 Shares

Re: We Regret Voting Tinubu – Northern Elders by socialmediaman: 11:25pm On Apr 09
Re: We Regret Voting Tinubu – Northern Elders by helinues: 11:27pm On Apr 09
Lizzysamuel:

Atleast you have confirmed all that we have been saying about people from your region

We gave no hoot about those with fixated mindset about us

173 Likes 18 Shares

Re: We Regret Voting Tinubu – Northern Elders by gaby(m): 11:27pm On Apr 09
How about they go hang themselves out of this regret?

Who cares?

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Regret Voting Tinubu – Northern Elders by Think9ja(m): 11:28pm On Apr 09
They need to tell the children of h8t what they want to hear. What did we not hear about Buhari before 2019?

Conduct elections today in Nigeria and you'll see the figures Tinubu will get from the North.

Before you start wailing rigging, Atiku is also from the north but he has never gotten block votes from the region ever since he started contesting. It was even last year that he did well because he won Katsina and Kaduna.
Atiku, as desperate as he is started contesting for president as far back as 1993.
Do you want to me that he will fold his arms and watch Tinubu outrig him? Or you want to tell me he doesn't know how to rig?

Tinubu jazz too strong. Forget all these talk

This Tinubu guy came out to say it was his turn to be president and instead of us to rally round a strong opposition and ensure that sense of entitlement is not allowed in our leadership position, one idiot instead sprung out from no where and said he has all the solutions to Nigeria's problems since 1900. Unfortunately, an average Nigerian is dumb and emotional, so the idiot was able to easily convince them with dubious figures and emotional manipulation, thereby splitting votes for Tinubu to easily coast home to victory.

For Tinubu to make that declaration and then went on to achieve it, he has won my vote for next election if God keeps me alive.

The baba weh weh de cook Tinubu jazz too strong. If I sabi that baba I go go patronize am for sure

178 Likes 22 Shares

Re: We Regret Voting Tinubu – Northern Elders by LordIsaac(m): 11:55pm On Apr 09
Meanwhile: God bless Jagaban!

39 Likes 7 Shares

Re: We Regret Voting Tinubu – Northern Elders by Faiththatworks(m): 12:15am On Apr 10
That's why I campaigned for Asiwaju,I'm so happy with the statement of these faceless Northern group.
It means Asiwaju is working,he's hitting those parasitic element below the belt and they are seriously feeling the Pinch.
I daresay Atiku or even Peter Obi would never have dared to go against the Northern Establishment,but Asiwaju is taking the battle to their doormot as they say in Pidgin English.
I read Kwankwanso Reply to the issue of State Police and I was stunned,I know he was speaking for the Northern Establishment, thereafter the Governor of Kano state tried to also raise an opposition to the Issue of State Police but the ship had already sailed.
The battle for the Soul of Nigeria isn't for people like Atiku who are bonafide members of the parasitic Northern Elite who have benefited greatly by milking Nigeria Dry or an up start like Peter Obi who sincerely has genuine intentions but like President Jonathan will be hijacked by these Vultures called the Northern Establishment.
Asiwaju has taken a bulldozer to Aso Rock,and he's bringing down bit by bit,the fangs of these parasites on Nigeria.
The other Day,Mr Cardoso went for the jugular of the cash cow of the Northern Establishment in CBN,he shut down the Interventionist pipeline Buhari and Emefiele opened to give trillions of Naira to Northerns in the name of Agriculture intervention.
Asiwaju is shutting every pipe these people have used to suck Nigeria, I'm therefore not surprise by their crocodile tears.
God bless Nigeria.

148 Likes 20 Shares

Re: We Regret Voting Tinubu – Northern Elders by rantingpigs: 12:18am On Apr 10
grin

Agbado Propaganda has expired. IGBO and IPOb hate narratives has expired

They said Obasanjo was not their preferred choice. They are now ASHAMED of TINUBU the worthless strategist they campaigned for.

Everybody is now aware of how worthless they are. grin

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Regret Voting Tinubu – Northern Elders by Racoon(m): 12:19am On Apr 10
"The North made a mistake in voting Bola Tinubu to the presidency in 2023, and it is unlikely that they will repeat the same error in the future.”
grin grin grin

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Regret Voting Tinubu – Northern Elders by SpecialAdviser(m): 12:31am On Apr 10
I warned Nigerians about all those direction less initial gra gra

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: We Regret Voting Tinubu – Northern Elders by Objectivist04: 12:34am On Apr 10
Lizzysamuel:
While the failure in Aso Rock has deployed his e-rants to be attacking Obi😂
They don't know what will hit them, I just told them on the other thread that north will ditch them. What Obi needs to do is to pick a popular northerner and it is over for Tinubu.

Even their L
lord and savior Reno Omokri is full of praises for Obi over his borehole projects in the north and they are here fooling themselves.

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: We Regret Voting Tinubu – Northern Elders by Penguin2: 12:35am On Apr 10
helinues:

May be Pdp elders sha

Northern elders are now mushrooms?

Okay! They will remind you in 2027.

You saw where reference was made to Obi’s donations of boreholes in the north and how the spokesman reacted?

The point is that while you lots are on Nairaland arrogating yourselves the job of spokespersons for the north, the real northerners are noticing what is happening and are getting impressed.

Now your silly propaganda of Peter Obi hates the north will no longer stick.

See you in 2027!

49 Likes 9 Shares

Re: We Regret Voting Tinubu – Northern Elders by Penguin2: 12:38am On Apr 10
Faiththatworks:
That's why I campaigned for Asiwaju,I'm so happy with the statement of these faceless Northern group.
It means Asiwaju is working,he's hitting those parasitic element below the belt and they are seriously feeling the Pinch.
I daresay Atiku or even Peter Obi would never have dared to go against the Northern Establishment,but Asiwaju is taking the battle to their doormot as they say in Pidgin English.
I read Kwankwanso Reply to the issue of State Police and I was stunned,I know he was speaking for the Northern Establishment, thereafter the Governor of Kano state tried to also raise an opposition to the Issue of State Police but the ship had already sailed.
The battle for the Soul of Nigeria isn't for people like Atiku who are bonafide members of the parasitic Northern Elite who have benefited greatly by milking Nigeria Dry or an up start like Peter Obi who sincerely has genuine intentions but like President Jonathan will be hijacked by these Vultures called the Northern Establishment.
Asiwaju has taken a bulldozer to Aso Rock,and he's bringing down bit by bit,the fangs of these parasites on Nigeria.
The other Day,Mr Cardoso went for the jugular of the cash cow of the Northern Establishment in CBN,he shut down the Interventionist pipeline Buhari and Emefiele opened to give trillions of Naira to Northerns in the name of Agriculture intervention.
Asiwaju is shutting every pipe these people have used to suck Nigeria, I'm therefore not surprise by their crocodile tears.
God bless Nigeria.
Northern Elders Forum is now a faceless group?

No wahala, you will soon call Afenifere and Ohaneze faceless groups too.

You’ll learn!

34 Likes 8 Shares

Re: We Regret Voting Tinubu – Northern Elders by Objectivist04: 12:39am On Apr 10
Richtaiwo:
Northerners are very good in politics. Decoy is one of their most treasured fortresses. Politics is not as basic as the usual buying and selling of okirika clothes and spare parts. It goes far beyond that. It is also not about mounting 500 litre GP tanks in some places.
You are right politics is not about gulping Amala and ewedu nor sharing agbado and that is why notherners have dumped emilokon like hot potatoes

29 Likes 8 Shares

Re: We Regret Voting Tinubu – Northern Elders by Richtaiwo: 12:46am On Apr 10
Objectivist04:

You are right politics is not about gulping Amala and ewedu nor sharing agbado and that is why notherners have dumped emilokon like hot potatoes
At least he has won the first one with the gulping of amala and ewedu by sharing agbado. And that is a triumph over okirika politics. By 2027, it will be clear if same amala and ewedu will still triumph over okirika again. Meanwhile, amala 1, okirika 0.

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: We Regret Voting Tinubu – Northern Elders by Objectivist04: 12:50am On Apr 10
Think9ja:
They need to tell the children of h8t what they want to hear. What did we not hear about Buhari before 2019?

Conduct elections today in Nigeria and you'll see the figures Tinubu will get from the North.

Before you start wailing rigging, Atiku is also from the north but he has never gotten block votes from the region ever since he started contesting. It was even last year that he did well because he won Katsina and Kaduna.

Tinubu jazz too strong. Forget all these talk

This guy came out to say it was his turn to be president and instead of us to rally round a strong opposition and ensure that sense of entitlement is not allowed in our leadership position, one idiot instead sprung out from no where and said he has all the solutions to Nigeria's problems since 1900. Unfortunately, an average Nigerian is dumb and emotional, so the idiot was able to easily convince them with dubious figures and emotional manipulation, thereby splitting votes for Tinubu to easily coast home to victory.

For Tinubu to make that declaration and he achieved it, he has won my vote for next election if God keeps me alive.

The baba weh weh de cook Tinubu jazz too strong. If I sabi that baba I go go patronize am sure
O boy , this Obi hatred is real o but kwankwaso also left PDP and contested on a different platform and you Agbadorians rated him above Obi, so isn't he supposed to have caused more damage than Obi ? So why wailing about Obi but quiet on kwankwaso whom you rated above Obi , shebi there is something you don't want to tell us ?

36 Likes 9 Shares

Re: We Regret Voting Tinubu – Northern Elders by kingmaster2009: 12:51am On Apr 10
This is a make-believe story. ....

Trash from poto poto people.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Regret Voting Tinubu – Northern Elders by Donaldoni: 12:52am On Apr 10
Nonsense!

Northern masses voted Tinubu!!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Regret Voting Tinubu – Northern Elders by flokii: 12:53am On Apr 10
Of course they'll regret as things are beginning to take shape.. State police is coming on board soon and herders attacks will soon become a thing of the past. Oh I almost forgot, a Niger Deltan in person of H. E Wike as FCT Minister is a bundle of sadness for them. No more cash out from FCT coffers.

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Regret Voting Tinubu – Northern Elders by surgical: 12:54am On Apr 10
Richtaiwo:
He dey pain you the man is getting accolades while your man the president is becoming more unpopular, blame your man,what is happening to him is self inflicted, he is helping the opposition by himself, 1000 of you cannot help him ,he has pressed the self destruct button

18 Likes 7 Shares

Re: We Regret Voting Tinubu – Northern Elders by Objectivist04: 12:55am On Apr 10
Penguin2:

Northern elders are now mushrooms?

Okay! They will remind you in 2027.

You saw where reference was made to Obi’s donations of boreholes in the north and how the spokesman reacted?

The point is that while you lots are on Nairaland arrogating yourselves the job of spokespersons for the north, the real northerners are noticing what is happening and are getting impressed.

Now your silly propaganda of Peter Obi hates the north will no longer stick.

See you in 2027!
Even their lord and savior Reno Omokri is full of praises for Obi over the borehole projects and am sure his Agbadorian slaves will be highly disappointed

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: We Regret Voting Tinubu – Northern Elders by flokii: 12:56am On Apr 10
Donaldoni:
Nonsense!

Northern masses voted Tinubu!!

Exactly.. the Northern masses that desire positive change voted for the right man to do the job.
I see revolution coming soon to the North.. this crop of Northern elders will get the shock of their lives soon.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Regret Voting Tinubu – Northern Elders by Objectivist04: 1:05am On Apr 10
flokii:

Exactly.. the Northern masses that desire positive change voted for the right man to do the job.
I see revolution coming soon to the North.. this crop of Northern elders will get the shock of their lives soon.
The question is when did northern masses start voting independently without the direction of their leaders ? .

He who lose the endorsement of northern leaders have lost the votes of northern masses

Tinubu might be stoned in the north during campaign.

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: We Regret Voting Tinubu – Northern Elders by flokii: 1:27am On Apr 10
Objectivist04:

The question is when did northern masses start voting independently without the direction of their leaders ? .

He who lose the endorsement of northern leaders have lost the votes of northern masses

Tinubu might be stoned in the north during campaign.

Just chill, you'd marvel at the level of support PBAT will get in the North come 2027.. the masses there are not chickens or goats without brain o.

Moreover, majority of the noisemakers calling themselves Northern elders supported either Atiku or Kwankwaso, they want to make it look as if they worked for PBAT's victory which is false. The Northerners themselves are tired of their bad leaders.

29 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Dino Malaye Flaunts His Garage Of Exotic Cars Once Again / Northern Leaders Meet In Kaduna (Full Text) / Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.