Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,925 members, 7,814,112 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

I Just Made My First Million Naira. Wow! Advise Me - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Just Made My First Million Naira. Wow! Advise Me (1947 Views)

My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me / My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do / Our Marriage Maybe Seriously Falling Apart: Please Advise Me! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Made My First Million Naira. Wow! Advise Me by Zee0007: 2:20pm On Apr 16
RickyJesus:

Story, how can they get remote job from Nigeria after learning all this?

From Upwork or Fiverr. If they can set up a good profile with a grace from God. They will land their first gig.
Re: I Just Made My First Million Naira. Wow! Advise Me by RickyJesus: 3:12pm On Apr 16
Zee0007:

From Upwork or Fiverr. If they can set up a good profile with a grace from God. They will land their first gig.
Yeah right, you know the market is already saturated and getting gig on those platform is not a work in park. Let's be real.
Re: I Just Made My First Million Naira. Wow! Advise Me by RickyJesus: 3:20pm On Apr 16
otipoju:

Sorry, I no go fit help you with that one. Google and YouTube will tell you much
I wasn't even expecting you to mention any platform, because you can't mention any.

Better to be quiet and don't reply than referring people to YouTube and Google, it's just childish. For your tiny mind you are making it to seem as if you want people to make their research and all that, when at the end of the day there is no platform that you would mention that's new to most people on this platform.

Keep making it to sound like it's people inability to make research that's the issue, when their is much more than just learning data analysis, Cybersecurity and all that. If you are not willing to make things known just keep quiet and quit telling people to make use of Google and YouTube.

3 Likes

Re: I Just Made My First Million Naira. Wow! Advise Me by otipoju(m): 3:29pm On Apr 16
RickyJesus:

I wasn't even expecting you to mention any platform, because you can't mention any.

Better to be quiet and don't reply than referring people to YouTube and Google, it's just childish. For your tiny mind you are making it to seem as if you want people to make their research and all that, when at the end of the day there is no platform that you would mention that's new to most people on this platform.

Keep making it to sound like it's people inability to make research that's the issue, when their is much more than just learning data analysis, Cybersecurity and all that. If you are not willing to make things known just keep quiet and quit telling people to make use of Google and YouTube.

No food for lazy man. Seek and you shall find is always my motto. For nothing is impossible.

I got my driver's license without ever taking a on the road driving test...which is nearly impossible for the average person.

I know people personally that live in Nigeria and work for foreign companies remotely.

Seek dilligently and you shall find . Why must you do what everyone is doing?

1 Like

Re: I Just Made My First Million Naira. Wow! Advise Me by WantsandMore: 3:34pm On Apr 16
Don't be tempted by the numbers
Cut down on your expenses
Feed on properly healthy diets
Spend only when necessary but try be a giver .
Re: I Just Made My First Million Naira. Wow! Advise Me by MOG6670(m): 4:03pm On Apr 16
otipoju:
I wish you bigger things. Once upon a time I dey earn 18,000 naira monthly and was told I should not leave the job because there is no work out there.

I called their bluff and went unemployed for 9 months while trying to improve myself. Today my daycare fees alone monthly is roughly 2 million naira.

Why am I telling you this story. So you know that you have not arrived yet and you have bigger fish to fry.

Use half of that money and learn an international in-demand digital skill that can make you work remotely from nigeria and earn really good money in dollars.

You won't regret it. Stay blessed.
after being out of job for 9months, how did u pick urself up? Can u break it down? I know there is lesson for me to learn from it
Re: I Just Made My First Million Naira. Wow! Advise Me by MOG6670(m): 4:09pm On Apr 16
Are u married? If yes, then guide this 1mil with all thy strength. Because house bill no dey smile again.
Re: I Just Made My First Million Naira. Wow! Advise Me by Evergreen4(m): 4:21pm On Apr 16
Use that 8k on top to drink beer and chop pepper soup.
Re: I Just Made My First Million Naira. Wow! Advise Me by Pentagon007: 4:27pm On Apr 16
Beauty4brain:
Congratulations 👏. Such a beautiful feeling
Thank you!

1 Like

Re: I Just Made My First Million Naira. Wow! Advise Me by Pentagon007: 4:32pm On Apr 16
MOG6670:
Are u married? If yes, then guide this 1mil with all thy strength. Because house bill no dey smile again.
I am not yet married though. I plan to do so after i have doubled or tripled the amount, established a business and its stable to a point.
Re: I Just Made My First Million Naira. Wow! Advise Me by otipoju(m): 5:50pm On Apr 16
MOG6670:
after being out of job for 9months, how did u pick urself up? Can u break it down? I know there is lesson for me to learn from it

I told myself the truth that the reason why I was being paid peanuts is because I am not that important to the organisation. So I was being giving exactly what they felt that I was due as I could be replaced without fuss.

So I looked for money and attended a training, that offered a better job on completion. After training,like they promised I got a better offer that paid about 8 times better.

As soon as I got that, when I noticed that my chances for growth in that role was limited, I began to plan to migrate.

The journey was tough. I picked and sorted pepper and tomatoes, made bread in bakeries,did road construction labour, worked in a tobacco company as a loader, worked as a an assembler in a home and office furniture selling store, worked in sorting and labelling aeroplane parts, worked in a confectionary company, worked in a printing press.

As I settled down and got in the system, I followed the same principle of working and developing and adding skills and career value to myself such that organisation's are the ones looking for me.

I completed my Masters, got a Post Graduate Certification and working on a PhD in that field. Got proffessional certifications in three different fields such as Software Project Management, Insurance Claims Management and Human Resources Management.

As it is I am learning new skills that can one create an automated cash flow for me and another where I do one or twice a year deals.

My target is that in the next three years, i dont have to do 9-5 office work anymore .So that it will give me plenty of free time to travel anywhere in the world at anytime that I want no matter the cost.

May God continue to guide my steps.

1 Like

Re: I Just Made My First Million Naira. Wow! Advise Me by MOG6670(m): 7:57pm On Apr 16
[quote author=otipoju post=129471828]

I told myself the truth that the reason why I was being paid peanuts is because I am not that important to the organisation. So I was being giving exactly what they felt that I was due as I could be replaced without fuss.

So I looked for money and attended a training, that offered a better job on completion. After training,like they promised I got a better offer that paid about 8 times better.

As soon as I got that, when I noticed that my chances for growth in that role was limited, I began to plan to migrate.

The journey was tough. I picked and sorted pep
As I settled down and got in the system, I followed the same principle of working and developing and adding s waw! Behind every glory, there is hard/smart work and consistency. I'm 23-24yr just starting out full of dreams and focus, family are my greatest challenge at the moment. My present "personal" saving at the moment is 340k. Best on my proposal, my saving will rise 1.7mil. But suffing in silent
Re: I Just Made My First Million Naira. Wow! Advise Me by lokotamak(m): 8:01pm On Apr 16
;youngest millionaire D grin grin grin grin
Re: I Just Made My First Million Naira. Wow! Advise Me by RickyJesus: 8:02pm On Apr 16
otipoju:

No food for lazy man. Seek and you shall find is always my motto. For nothing is impossible.

I got my driver's license without ever taking a on the road driving test...which is nearly impossible for the average person.

I know people personally that live in Nigeria and work for foreign companies remotely.

Seek dilligently and you shall find . Why must you do what everyone is doing?

Are you reinventing the wheel? My guy calm down with all this motivational bullshit, if na by hard work how many people for get money reach bricklayer?

As I said earlier if you are not willing to drop update just shut up and quit telling people to Google and use YouTube, just face front.

Talking about knowing friends that work remotely and driving without a car, like who give a fvck. I always knew you have nothing concrete to offer just talking basic stuff that anybody can just say after few Google search.

1 Like

Re: I Just Made My First Million Naira. Wow! Advise Me by MOG6670(m): 8:03pm On Apr 16
Pentagon007:

I am not yet married though. I plan to do so after i have doubled or tripled the amount, established a business and its stable to a point.
hitting the first mil is the hard part. But the hardest part is to maintain it. Pls try and 3.5-times b4 tieing tqe knot it if u want to maintain that status
Re: I Just Made My First Million Naira. Wow! Advise Me by RickyJesus: 8:17pm On Apr 16
otipoju:

You see my point exactly, the bolded is where things change for you entirely; now here you are giving motivational talk about learning a skills without telling them where and how to go about getting people or organisations that would hire them, all you could come up with is Google and YouTube (when clearly that's not what you did).

My guy, the reality of the matter is getting a job after learning the skills and it you can't break down that step, then clearly you just a motivational speaker who is not in tune with the reality on ground.
Re: I Just Made My First Million Naira. Wow! Advise Me by otipoju(m): 8:38pm On Apr 16
RickyJesus:

Are you reinventing the wheel? My guy calm down with all this motivational bullshit, if na by hard work how many people for get money reach bricklayer?

As I said earlier if you are not willing to drop update just shut up and quit telling people to Google and use YouTube, just face front.

Talking about knowing friends that work remotely and driving without a car, like who give a fvck. I always knew you have nothing concrete to offer just talking basic stuff that anybody can just say after few Google search.

You lack basic comprehension.Your bitterness will be good for cooking bitter leaf soup. Were somebody.

I mentioned the driving license example to give an example that nothing is impossible. You must always try. Thats the point. Where there is a will, there is a way.

The training that i found and attended and got a new job, how did i find it ?. It started with a simple google search. You start searching and continue to dig deeper and deeper until you get what you want, instead of wasting your youth playing sports bet and talking about lovers.

The corporate world trades in value. Youbare paid what an organization thinks that you are worth to them. If you have what an organization needs badly,they will do all they can to get you irrespective of location.

In my case i received many rejection letters and told myself that a time will come, i never apply for work. Na work go dey find me because i will develop myself to that point where i will have what an organization needs.

That is my reality now and i don't even bother reading the up to 10 e-mails every week that I get from recruiters asking if I am available for work.

Guess what i was inspired by a friend who was poached from his company with a $ 20,000 dollars bonus. Paid 20k dollars to leave his current company and come work for them. My eyes were opened that day.

Last December a Project Manager that lives in Lagos that i know well because na my inlaw was paid $20,000 end of year bonus. She has helped two of her close friends get similar Project Management jobs.

Things dey happen and men and women who dare and are willing to pay the sacrifice to suceed are doing things that are beautiful to see.

Who tell you sey I dey try motivate your papa.
You think the world owes you anything. You want update or link wey you no pay for abi craze dey worry you ni. You think that is how the world works? Nothing for something?

You bitter stupid self no even humble you dey tell your papa mate to shut up. Na that gambling don fry your brain cells

You are not willing to pay a simple price in doing small basic research. You dey find update for faceless forum. Proper crase dey your head.

You get time to dey play sports bet and create thread to talk about lovers when people are doing meaningful things with their life. Original thunder fire your mouth for the nonsense wey you dey talk since.

Your stupid logic is that " it's not possible so I won't even attempt it." Meaning you have failed the first test of success already.

It's different from saying " I've done this , I've done that what else can I do ?...then dem go hold your hand and guide you in exact steps if dem like ...because nobody owes you anything

Say you dey even play gamble self dey irritate me sef. As you dense reach you don't know that e get where you go dey skillful reach ,you go call US government sey you will be a great asset to their country make them give you chance to come live for their country. There is actually a program for it but I no go name am here.

Change that your gambling circle. Or else you will waste your life.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Made My First Million Naira. Wow! Advise Me by giftygirl1(f): 9:12pm On Apr 16
[quote author=otipoju post=129461017]I wish you bigger things. Once upon a time I dey earn 18,000 naira monthly and was told I should not leave the job because there is no work out there.

I called their bluff and went unemployed for 9 months while trying to improve myself. Today my daycare fees alone monthly is roughly 2 million naira.

Why am I telling you this story. So you know that you have not arrived yet and you have bigger fish to fry.

Use half of that money and learn an international in-demand digital skill that can make you work remotely from nigeria and earn really good money in dollars.

Please what international in-demand digital skill can I learn to work remotely from Nigeria. I'm a teacher.
Re: I Just Made My First Million Naira. Wow! Advise Me by otipoju(m): 12:29am On Apr 17
[quote author=giftygirl1 post=129475608][/quote]

https://www.coursera.org/certificates/launch-your-career#professional-certificates

Start from here. There are 51 courses listed here. Take time to go through each one . Learn what it is about and what you strengths might be best suited to.

Research their career paths ,future trends and opportunities that are available.

It will take time and dedication. Whatever field you choose, try and get 2 or 3 certifications in that area.

When you are ready, create a new profile or add them to your existing profiles on LinkedIn, indeed, glassdoor.etc

They will come knocking on your door.

With a Cybersecurity specialization...reach out to recruiters in US Defence, dem fit drag you come join them and give you citizenship.

But you see it's not a day or one week journey. It will take your time and resources and require discipline and focus but it will be worth
In the end.

I advised that guy because he had 1 million naira. Some of these training and certifications are not cheap but they are well worth it in the end.

Don't be like that muntala called Ricky that is wasting his youth on chasing girls and gambling on sportbets.

I paid $3,000 to train and get 3 Agile project Management Certifications. I don't regret it one bit. Na investment wey worth am for me.

1 Like

Re: I Just Made My First Million Naira. Wow! Advise Me by otipoju(m): 5:07am On Apr 17
MOG6670:

It was a hellish 9 months.

It was a leap in the dark...everything in me just felt that I deserved better than earning 18k as a graduate when similar graduates were earning 120-140k entry level. We were contract staff although our workload was even more. One regional manager that I was more refined than was telling me there is nothing out there and we should just keep working.

I said f**k 20 years from now I will still be here and this company will have folded with the way they are doing business. True true they are no more.

I had a younger brother who was earning like 250k working for an American company with a precense in Nigeria with an OND.

I told him I will be a liability to him for a while until I was able to figure out my path forward. I told him I would need money to be buying foodstuff in bulk so i can at least eat for strength as I sought for opportunities.

I had another young friend who even though I was unemployed took me as his mentor and I poured my heart and soul into that young man. Thank God he is doing excellently well with the principles I taught him early in his teenage years.

I taught him to love reading and learning,give anything whatever it takes to succeed and be bold to tell people no sorry i cant do that and to always think of the next mountain to climb.
He was my willing banker as the things I taught him revamped his business and it became really profitable that he was able to sponsor himself through university. I would get transport fare for trainings and job interviews from him and refund once I had any cash.

Lastly, I will forever be grateful to two Igbo boys who both loaned and dashed me money to pay for the course I attended. One was my classmate in primary school. The second was a neighborhood friend to my mentee. He was a software developer and guided my mentee as well in learning and landing a job as a developer.

Long story short, I paid for and attended the the training and got a job placement with a multinational company in Nigeria.

After two years of working, even though there was seeming job security because the company is the Leader in its field and the largest customer base but I looked at the career prospects and certain leadership changes at the top and decided migrating will be a better option and I took another leap of faith.

As you bend down and work hard at anything, periodically look up to see what is happening around you. You may see opportunities to take advantage of or dangers that you must avoid.

I saved up money when others were buying cars and made a leap that I don't regret till this day.
Re: I Just Made My First Million Naira. Wow! Advise Me by MOG6670(m): 6:04am On Apr 17
[quote author=otipoju post=129478975]

It was a hellish 9 months.

It was a leap in the s the things I taught him revamped his business and it became real. Waw what a great mind sorrounded by a great mind. Ah.. I'm just starting out @23yr. It is nt rosee out there as expected couple with the fact i'm from a humble beggining. I'm from this kind of family where parent decide on what u will do and how u will do it even at my age, thinking that its love. I'm the first born, so i most be the on to break that standard and idealogy. But trust, is nt an easy tasks. My only problem and barrier at the moment is family "parent". From day one i already made up my mind that i'll work a job, (except remote job) because all my mind, plan and strategy is to start up a buzness gradually (transportation industry and farm crop production), but challenges from farmily won't let me step to next level. How do i handle the effectively?
Re: I Just Made My First Million Naira. Wow! Advise Me by giftygirl1(f): 7:26am On Apr 17
otipoju

Thanks so much
Re: I Just Made My First Million Naira. Wow! Advise Me by Meerahbel: 8:29am On Apr 17
Invest it in MMF, don't let bank charge you maintenance fee and charges ask emmasoft as he would guide you on the best investment to make.
Pentagon007:
Congratulations to me guys. I have just made my first million naira. I made this money through savings from the teaching work that i do. I am excited to have achieved this milestone. By this, I have become a millionaire before 30 Lol. I am 29 currently. I know that to a lot of people here, it is nothing but to me, it is quite a milestone. Especially if i reminisce back to when I finished from university, i was so confused and did not know what direction to go. I was so broke and had no job. I have always wanted to be successful, have a good business and build a comfortable life. So, when i eventually got a job, with the help of my sweetheart and advises from her, I had to sacrifice some things and was very disciplined with my spendings before i could come up with this amount. I intend to save some money, then learn a business and go into it. So what did i do? Whenever i receive my salary, i save first and spend from what remains. So guys, do you think i can realize my plan and how did you feel when you made your first million?
Re: I Just Made My First Million Naira. Wow! Advise Me by otipoju(m): 12:46pm On Apr 17
[quote author=MOG6670 post=129479246][/quote]

I remember in my journey I did not call or see my mom for six month simply because what I wanted for myself was notvwhat she was pressuring me for.

She thought I had a good job and should marry and give her grandchildren. While me I wanted to migrate. I went to her only after I got my visa and traveled like 2 weeks after.

About two years later I got married to the woman I'm still married to for about 15 years now.

1 Like

Re: I Just Made My First Million Naira. Wow! Advise Me by MOG6670(m): 12:56pm On Apr 17
otipoju:

I remember in my journey I did not call or see my mom for six month simply because what I wanted for myself was notvwhat she was pressuring me for.

She thought I had a good job and should marry and give her grandchildren. While me I wanted to migrate. I went to her only after I got my visa and traveled like 2 weeks after.

About two years later I got married to the woman I'm still married to for about 15 years now.
that's taking a bold step. I'll try my best to to stand up for what i wanted even i know there is consequences. But it time to take the bull by it horn
Re: I Just Made My First Million Naira. Wow! Advise Me by otipoju(m): 1:34pm On Apr 17
MOG6670:
that's taking a bold step. I'll try my best to to stand up for what i wanted even i know there is consequences. But it time to take the bull by it horn

Take time to analyze the situation from every angle, determine what action is best for you and the future you want for yourself...and then do it with all your might.

David was gifted free gifts by Obed Edom to make a sacrifice to God. David rejected and said, I will not offer a sacrifice to God that costs me nothing.

Success requires focus and the courage to walk some lonely paths. The road to heaven is narrow.
Re: I Just Made My First Million Naira. Wow! Advise Me by MOG6670(m): 1:45pm On Apr 17
otipoju:

Take time to analyze the situation from every angle, determine what action is best for you and the future you want for yourself...and then do it with all your might.

David was gifted free gifts by Obed Edom to make a sacrifice to God. David rejected and said, I will not offer a sacrifice to God that costs me nothing.

Success requires focus and the courage to walk some lonely paths. The road to heaven is narrow.
yeah. It's not easy down here. Most people "youth" go to work they don't enjoy doing just to put something on the table. If i may ask, how old where u when u got married?
Re: I Just Made My First Million Naira. Wow! Advise Me by otipoju(m): 2:44pm On Apr 17
MOG6670:
yeah. It's not easy down here. Most people "youth" go to work they don't enjoy doing just to put something on the table. If i may ask, how old where u when u got married?

I was in my mid thirties.

1 Like

Re: I Just Made My First Million Naira. Wow! Advise Me by MOG6670(m): 2:50pm On Apr 17
otipoju:

I was in my mid thirties.
alright. That is nice sir. Thankyou for time.
Re: I Just Made My First Million Naira. Wow! Advise Me by otipoju(m): 2:56pm On Apr 17
MOG6670:

I know. That is the more reason why one can't afford to play around. Nigeria can drain your spirit.
Re: I Just Made My First Million Naira. Wow! Advise Me by MOG6670(m): 3:06pm On Apr 17
otipoju:

I know. That is the more reason why one can't afford to play around. Nigeria can drain your spirit.
youth are suffering in silent. Depression is taking over them. But with focus and consistency we go laugh last

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mother And Child: Random Pictures To Tell You To Keep Loving Your Mother. / My Mother In-law Forced Me To Cheat / Most Wives Have Failed To Meet Their Husbands' Sexual Needs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.