Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,648 members, 7,813,184 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:21 AM

Electricity Consumers Decry Low Supply As DisCos Prioritise Band A - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity Consumers Decry Low Supply As DisCos Prioritise Band A (9957 Views)

More Hardship Looms For Nigerians As Discos Set To Increase Electricity Tariff / Electricity: Uncertainty, As Discos Bid To Pull Out / Electricity Consumers To Pay More As Discos Hike Tariffs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electricity Consumers Decry Low Supply As DisCos Prioritise Band A by occfx: 12:02pm On Apr 16
nlfpmod:

https://dailytrust.com/consumers-decry-low-supply-as-discos-prioritise-band-a/

I was thinking agbado people get sense before... This tinubu regime really open there nyash. How does human beings think like this? So band A is now the only people living in Nigeria or should everyone now start relocating to band A locations? This is the dumbest regime so far in the history of Nigeria. Buhari now lookkng like a Saint. Idiots in power. Fuxkkkk

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Consumers Decry Low Supply As DisCos Prioritise Band A by smileyoo: 12:11pm On Apr 16
Angelfrost:
The game is afoot... According to Sherlock Holmes. cool

Una never start to cry!

When you are done crying, you will beg to be 'upgraded' to Band A. tongue

Eventually, only Band A will have electricity supply... Ergo, everyone who needs electric supply will be in band A.

Now, that is how you increase electricity tariff stylishly without incurring too much resistance from the populace. cool

Las las, even Band A will never have the claimed 20-hour daily power supply.

The scam is what it is!!!
lol. how can they have 20 - hour daily power supply with only less than 4.000 megawatts power generation nationwide ?
APC government is a scam.
Re: Electricity Consumers Decry Low Supply As DisCos Prioritise Band A by Crafteck1: 12:13pm On Apr 16
StarGraphicX:
with 30k minimum wage?

The individual cant afford basic amenities then, na to de get candle instead of wanting what people making 10 times your wages can barely afford...
Re: Electricity Consumers Decry Low Supply As DisCos Prioritise Band A by slowice(m): 12:14pm On Apr 16
That band arrangement is totally fraudulent
Re: Electricity Consumers Decry Low Supply As DisCos Prioritise Band A by maestro299: 12:18pm On Apr 16
MajorOvakporaye:

Shut up!!! You shameless tribalist!!! Remove the log in your eyes first.

cheesy grin cheesy
See projection.
No be you put your tribe for your description tag?

1 Like

Re: Electricity Consumers Decry Low Supply As DisCos Prioritise Band A by GodHimself: 12:25pm On Apr 16
I have changed my opinion about this band business.

The Discos are having to seat up.

Instead of the whole country as a focus, they have a small number of areas to focus on, and their inadequacies have become glaring.

It is good for Nigeria.

nlfpmod:

Re: Electricity Consumers Decry Low Supply As DisCos Prioritise Band A by yemmit90: 12:33pm On Apr 16
ignis:

If all Nigerians adopt a defeatist attitude like you and "japa", who will steer the country towards progress and redemption?
Let's not give up on Nigeria. We need to work together for positive change instead of abandoning hope.

You can't work towards progress because you don't have natural/mental ability to do so. Please forget the rhetoric that anything good can ever come out of an average Nigerian. The masses are as useless and corrupt as the leaders. Our lack of progress is majority an attribute of our cultures and traditions, which is natural.

I was never an advocate of japa before but anyone who has the opportunity should please leave this country for the sake of his or her future.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Consumers Decry Low Supply As DisCos Prioritise Band A by ajog1: 12:38pm On Apr 16
ignis:

If all Nigerians adopt a defeatist attitude like you and "japa", who will steer the country towards progress and redemption?
Let's not give up on Nigeria. We need to work together for positive change instead of abandoning hope.
'Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself' Rumi

1 Like

Re: Electricity Consumers Decry Low Supply As DisCos Prioritise Band A by complet: 12:41pm On Apr 16
Government and the disco only scam us, this is unfair, we are learned, so let unit with labour union to protest, no light for over a week now and they increased tariff saying it's Band A this is fraud
Re: Electricity Consumers Decry Low Supply As DisCos Prioritise Band A by Jeje247: 12:44pm On Apr 16
Imagine the country. We are supposed to be equal citizens but they made stratification legal. Band A to whatever. Meaning some people have better right to power than others. And we all have been foolishly singing the bands in their honour. They seem to be trying to price the average Nigerian out of electricity reach. By the time they are done, it will not be their fault of not supplying power, it would be your fault for being too broke to afford band A electricity

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Consumers Decry Low Supply As DisCos Prioritise Band A by Achoghim: 12:57pm On Apr 16
Despite being serviced by a Band A feeder, Ifite-Awka doesn't receive up to 4 hours of power supply daily. Yet we are charged according to the new tariff regime. I don't even want to talk about my hometown because since the tailend of February till now there's not been even a second of power supply. EEDC is just very very useless
Re: Electricity Consumers Decry Low Supply As DisCos Prioritise Band A by COMPAQ(m): 1:02pm On Apr 16
This Band A to E is not the best approach in my view.

They should simply have done a tiered system like what I proposed in the link below.

https://www.nairaland.com/7963173/nerc-sell-kaduna-electric-over#127851494

This way those who use a lot will pay more and those who use less will pay less. The Band A system means that there is too much focus on band A areas and band B to E people are barely seeing light now.

The tiered system means there is no excessive focus on only a small section of the population.
Re: Electricity Consumers Decry Low Supply As DisCos Prioritise Band A by Joey4321: 1:07pm On Apr 16
RealLordZeus:
1 hour in 1 week, can someone explain what band am I?

Bandana grin

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Consumers Decry Low Supply As DisCos Prioritise Band A by themanderon: 1:09pm On Apr 16
3hrs supply per week is what we get from 14hrs per day under Buhari and you tell me this country is not cursed? I just don't understand how we keep sinking to lower depths and breaking unenviable records when it comes to failure.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Consumers Decry Low Supply As DisCos Prioritise Band A by Angelfrost(m): 1:35pm On Apr 16
smileyoo:
lol. how can they have 20 - hour daily power supply with only less than 4.000 megawatts power generation nationwide ?
APC government is a scam.

A huge scam...!
Re: Electricity Consumers Decry Low Supply As DisCos Prioritise Band A by otokx(m): 1:41pm On Apr 16
CountinBlessins:
PHED in Rivers state is the worst disco ever!!! Nkpolu, Mercy land, etc all in arkness 4 to 5 days a week, Rumuodumaya same thing.

PHED CEO should be sacked by NERC, that Dr Benson Uwheru is useless , Dr Ajagbawa should be reinstated as PHED CEO

Our feeder at Rumuodumaya was downgraded to Band B which is minimum 16 hours but they now give light for 5 hours between 12am and 6am.
Re: Electricity Consumers Decry Low Supply As DisCos Prioritise Band A by rinaballa: 2:26pm On Apr 16
RealLordZeus:
1 hour in 1 week, can someone explain what band am I?
disband

1 Like

Re: Electricity Consumers Decry Low Supply As DisCos Prioritise Band A by Yampotatocarrot(m): 4:26pm On Apr 16
Our own don become 8hours ON every three days. Two days without light at all, then the third day, we have it for about 8 hours and back to two days of no light again.

E be like say we vex PHCN specially
Re: Electricity Consumers Decry Low Supply As DisCos Prioritise Band A by Yampotatocarrot(m): 4:33pm On Apr 16
chucks185:
the house where i live in lagos, we have applied for prepaid meter since last year but haven't seen nothing till now,
they used to bring bill of 15k, but this time around the one brought is 50k despite the fact we didn't have light up to 4 days altogether last month.

If you don't have light constantly, just tell them to disconnect your light next time they come around... When they do, request for a letter of disconnection

Write a mail to IKEDC (I guess you're under them), informing them you've asked to be disconnected because you requested for prepaid and haven't been given since last year... Snap your letter of disconnection and send to them, telling them not to send bill to your house again

They'll send someone to sort it out with you... Na so we take do our own
Re: Electricity Consumers Decry Low Supply As DisCos Prioritise Band A by CorrectionFLuid: 6:57pm On Apr 16
ignis:

Oga orange wey don spoil don spoil. Nothing like defeatist here.

And don't mention peter Obi or any name here. There is nothing anyone can do.
Re: Electricity Consumers Decry Low Supply As DisCos Prioritise Band A by superCleanworks(m): 7:42pm On Apr 16
BarrElChapo:
Everyone's band A

that's the most amazing scam. All of a sudden my bill is on Band A but the power supply is zero
Re: Electricity Consumers Decry Low Supply As DisCos Prioritise Band A by StarGraphicX: 7:55pm On Apr 16
Crafteck1:

The individual cant afford basic amenities then, na to de get candle instead of wanting what people making 10 times your wages can barely afford...
So electricity that should be the most basic of all amenities is what you classified as people wanting what those they earn 10 times below want?,

Wahala
Re: Electricity Consumers Decry Low Supply As DisCos Prioritise Band A by superCleanworks(m): 8:10pm On Apr 16
Jeje247:
Imagine the country. We are supposed to be equal citizens but they made stratification legal. Band A to whatever. Meaning some people have better right to power than others. And we all have been foolishly singing the bands in their honour. They seem to be trying to price the average Nigerian out of electricity reach. By the time they are done, it will not be their fault of not supplying power, it would be your fault for being too broke to afford band A electricity
Exactly what I have been saying
I wish every Nigerian could understand this and rise against it. But, no, we prefer suffering & smiling.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Consumers Decry Low Supply As DisCos Prioritise Band A by ceejay80s(m): 8:23pm On Apr 16
Let's continue to complain here, don't go out and fight back, other countries fought for their right before they got to where they are now
Re: Electricity Consumers Decry Low Supply As DisCos Prioritise Band A by Crafteck1: 8:59pm On Apr 16
StarGraphicX:
So electricity that should be the most basic of all amenities is what you classified as people wanting what those they earn 10 times below want?,

Wahala

Ideal.... SHOULD BE
reality... IT ISNT....
Re: Electricity Consumers Decry Low Supply As DisCos Prioritise Band A by chucks185: 12:00am On Apr 17
Yampotatocarrot:

If you don't have light constantly, just tell them to disconnect your light next time they come around... When they do, request for a letter of disconnection

Write a mail to IKEDC (I guess you're under them), informing them you've asked to be disconnected because you requested for prepaid and haven't been given since last year... Snap your letter of disconnection and send to them, telling them not to send bill to your house again

They'll send someone to sort it out with you... Na so we take do our own

thanks
Re: Electricity Consumers Decry Low Supply As DisCos Prioritise Band A by arcnomec(m): 1:16am On Apr 17
CountinBlessins:
PHED in Rivers state is the worst disco ever!!! Nkpolu, Mercy land, etc all in arkness 4 to 5 days a week, Rumuodumaya same thing.

PHED CEO should be sacked by NERC, that Dr Benson Uwheru is useless , Dr Ajagbawa should be reinstated as PHED CEO

Please if you have the twitter handle of that CEO that have kept us in darkness at mercyland, kindly share let us call him out.
That man is mean bro
Re: Electricity Consumers Decry Low Supply As DisCos Prioritise Band A by Unperturbedpota: 3:04am On Apr 17
arcnomec:

Please if you have the twitter handle of that CEO that have kept us in darkness at mercyland, kindly share let us call him out.
That man is mean bro

See the stupid man here

@bensonuwheru

1 Like

Re: Electricity Consumers Decry Low Supply As DisCos Prioritise Band A by Johel(m): 6:35am On Apr 17
nlfpmod:

I curse the day I was born into the world's most useless country.
Re: Electricity Consumers Decry Low Supply As DisCos Prioritise Band A by Coolgent(m): 9:16am On Apr 17
South western leadership is a shame! Anyways it is their turn!
Re: Electricity Consumers Decry Low Supply As DisCos Prioritise Band A by Crafteck1: 3:55pm On Apr 21
StarGraphicX:

Wahala

Its not basic... If it is, homeless people in so called 1st grade countries would have it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Zenith Bank Adopts Osun Roundabout For N5m / Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour / Why Donald Duke Remains Our Best Option

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.