Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,811 members, 7,813,669 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:59 PM

Why Prices Of Bread Are High – Bakers - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Prices Of Bread Are High – Bakers (19694 Views)

How Much Is This Loaf Of Bread In Your Area? (pix) / Prices Of Bread, Paste May Crash As FG Releases Four New Varieties Of Wheat / Expect 50% Increase In Prices Of Bread - Bakers Tell Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Prices Of Bread Are High – Bakers by omoredia: 2:43pm On Apr 16
Hehe Yoruba Nation Transportation Service

Re: Why Prices Of Bread Are High – Bakers by Saintinoo(m): 2:44pm On Apr 16
otokx:
Which volatility is he talking about when the naira is gaining evey day against the dollar?

You guys are funny, so an importer bought goods when the rate was #1600, and because the rate dropped to #1100 he should drop his price even before buying new stocks?

And who told you the exchange rate is the only determining factor for increase in price of imported goods in the economy. The country is gone, there were many negative policy done at same time, as if this was not enough, electrical tarrif was increased.

1 Like

Re: Why Prices Of Bread Are High – Bakers by Chicentt(f): 2:45pm On Apr 16
All of you are madt sad
Re: Why Prices Of Bread Are High – Bakers by Saintinoo(m): 2:48pm On Apr 16
Beremx:
Flimsy excuse to justify the rice in cost of bread. Bread no get alternative if not why shouldn't I boycott eating bread? Even if I boycott it, the rest of my family cannot.

Greedy people

Go into the production of bread and reduce your price. Most of you not into business will not understand the amount of loss business people incurs in this economy. At around your environment, how many producers are still afloat, most have closed down.

A 50kg bag of sugar is 95k not to talk of flour, diesel and the price of labour. Blame the government and leave innocent bakers out of this.

1 Like

Re: Why Prices Of Bread Are High – Bakers by wiseoneking: 2:51pm On Apr 16
SoNature:
Excessive eating of bread causes constipation. The only staple Nigerians will continue to buy despite its price is rice. Rice, not water, no get enemy 😊
excessive ok, constipation nii. How many see bread to chop talk less is excessive. You forgot to tell us how starch and sugary the rice is , and how it can cause diabetes.

1 Like

Re: Why Prices Of Bread Are High – Bakers by Afamed: 2:54pm On Apr 16
Bunch of Criminals. They will tell you they are selling the stock they bought when $ was N5000.
Re: Why Prices Of Bread Are High – Bakers by Afamed: 2:57pm On Apr 16
Saintinoo:

You guys are funny, so an importer bought goods when the rate was #1600, and because the rate dropped to #1100 he should drop his price even before buying new stocks?

And who told you the exchange rate is the only determining factor for increase in price of imported goods in the economy. The country is gone, there were many negative policy done at same time, as if this was not enough, electrical tarrif was increased.

Are you normal?

1 Like

Re: Why Prices Of Bread Are High – Bakers by victory36(m): 2:58pm On Apr 16
thesicilian:
It's not only the government that is corrupt. Most of these businesses and trade unions are even more corrupt than the government.
corruption ❌ unregulated capitalism ✅

2 Likes

Re: Why Prices Of Bread Are High – Bakers by Fearyourcreator: 2:58pm On Apr 16
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Omoh...e don really tay cha.........Bread business don spoil finish..... Reminds me of back in 2016-2020, during the Lock down...I had a similar conversation with my former boss whom I worked with in his bakery back then... he don even close up him bakery enter another business because the thing do. Tire everybody......

Cost of firewood don dey expensive .....Bag of flour should be around 50k+ now...The same bag of flour we bought at #14,000 back in 2020.....Talk more of sugar,salt, preservatives,yeast, butter and cellophane........
Something we were selling 2000naira golden penny 1800naira diamond year 2003/04
Re: Why Prices Of Bread Are High – Bakers by BadBradley: 3:04pm On Apr 16
thesicilian:
It's not only the government that is corrupt. Most of these businesses and trade unions are even more corrupt than the government.
I'm telling you. Igbo business men have more to do with high cost of commodity than the corrupt government.

While Yoruba is bent on making sure Nigeria doesn't grow structurally

2 Likes

Re: Why Prices Of Bread Are High – Bakers by haybhi1(m): 3:06pm On Apr 16
pocohantas:
Bread contributes to the big stomach of Nigerians. It shouldn't be expensive. It should be sold at giveaway prices. Including that overhyped Bokku bread.
Bokku is not hyped, watch your mouth honourable woman!
Re: Why Prices Of Bread Are High – Bakers by ONNYX: 3:07pm On Apr 16
BondRiv:
Liars. They will say anything to justify their greed. Making people buy a loaf of bread at N1,400.

You are indeed very lucky if you can still see a very good quality family size loaf of bread for 1,400.00. It's not very likely.

I am in the industry and I can tell you that over 40% of bakeries have closed down during this period.

Bread making is not as profitable as it appears.

The cost of flour is at its all time highest.......55k - 60k depending on variables such as location, brand and type.

Sugar has no control mechanism whatsoever. It's almost a monopoly. The prices rise arbitrarily. Some story about international prices.

Margarine is almost beyond reach. The European types are almost 4k per kg while the Asian ones are 2k per kilo.

Other materials are also dependent on Forex....indeed almost all of them. Then you have the issue of electricity.

Many bakeries are driven by diesel. I still buy diesel at between 1,600 and 1,700 per liter and it takes over 5 litres of diesel to round off the production cycle for one bag from Mixing through baking to Packaging.

Beyond that you must still deal with packaging prices, delivery costs and of course salaries.

4 Likes

Re: Why Prices Of Bread Are High – Bakers by haybhi1(m): 3:08pm On Apr 16
BadBradley:
I'm telling you. Igbo business men have more to do with high cost of commodity than the corrupt government.

While Yoruba is bent on making sure Nigeria doesn't grow structurally
You people just open mouth waa and spill some of the rubbish that rest indelibly in that your null brain. ...because I see no reason for your Yoruba assertion. Anyone could look till forever and still see no reason why.
Re: Why Prices Of Bread Are High – Bakers by kellybently(m): 3:10pm On Apr 16
NBC generally know as Coca-Cola New price increase 'll take effect from April 27th, when customers are expecting price to drop dew to Naira getting stronger.
Re: Why Prices Of Bread Are High – Bakers by Hezmatosky: 3:11pm On Apr 16
otokx:
Which volatility is he talking about when the naira is gaining evey day against the dollar?
Audio gaining grin go Allen junction or inside Alade market go confirm dollar grin
Re: Why Prices Of Bread Are High – Bakers by BadBradley: 3:11pm On Apr 16
haybhi1:

You people just open mouth waa and spill some of the rubbish that rest indelibly in that your null brain. ...because I see no reason for your Yoruba assertion. Anyone could look till forever and still see no reason why.
but you saw reason for Igbo own abi? Ekpa!
Re: Why Prices Of Bread Are High – Bakers by Nauttyprof(m): 3:11pm On Apr 16
otokx:

The volatility in his head. This has been the story of all scammers who don't want prices to drop
Re: Why Prices Of Bread Are High – Bakers by Hezmatosky: 3:12pm On Apr 16
lhawarl1:
Lol the headline should be " russian-ukraine war dey affect nigeria bread production"
Yeah positively

1 Like

Re: Why Prices Of Bread Are High – Bakers by babtoundey(m): 3:12pm On Apr 16
To crush the occurrences of unnecessary price increase of food and other necessary products, government needs to first crush all these association. of this and that. They exist only to exploit and extort.

The most criminally minded association is the one that of the purewater dealers. They doubled the price, reduced the size of on sachet and still reduce the number of sachet inside one bag. Now one bag of purewater cannot sustain you for one day. A government that works we send them out of market permanently .
Re: Why Prices Of Bread Are High – Bakers by haybhi1(m): 3:17pm On Apr 16
BadBradley:
but you saw reason for Igbo own abi? Ekpa!
You just wanted a share of blame apportioned to the Yoruba in this respect because you didn't want it for solely the Igbo. However, it's clear that the 'trade industry' is largely owned by the Igbos, in Nigeria. No gainsaying! They do with the pricing what they want in most cases. It's unregulated.

Blame us elsewhere anywhere our fault lies, but never in trade, which belongs to you, largely, and Hausa, on a lower scale.

P.S: Don't call me ekpa! If you call me ekpa, you too ekpa. Na you know wetin e mean! Never call me ekpa again!
Re: Why Prices Of Bread Are High – Bakers by Hezmatosky: 3:17pm On Apr 16
Ok. We have hear. And we have endorsed it. What about pure water oga? Is he around? Oya o come over and defend your price. After you na garri people from 100 naira to 700 naira within one month. Una go hear am today. Maybe na Iran and Israel make garri cost cheesy Then eh because heaven and hell dey fight that's why pure water cost too grin
Re: Why Prices Of Bread Are High – Bakers by AngelicBeing: 3:26pm On Apr 16
Whole wheat bread 🥪🍞 is my favorite, it contains fibre and eases digestion tongue
Re: Why Prices Of Bread Are High – Bakers by godofuck231: 3:37pm On Apr 16
Thats a fat lie , corn and cassava flour alone can produce bread , some mix with weat , whats this rubbish saying
Re: Why Prices Of Bread Are High – Bakers by iamtoofan: 3:43pm On Apr 16
pocohantas:
Bread contributes to the big stomach of Nigerians. It shouldn't be expensive. It should be sold at giveaway prices. Including that overhyped Bokku bread.

butter no be monkey food naw cheesy tongue

Re: Why Prices Of Bread Are High – Bakers by GenSpecifics: 3:46pm On Apr 16
Blame that witch Ngozi who as head of the WTO has been enforcing sanctions on Russian fertilizers, oil and wheat exports.
Re: Why Prices Of Bread Are High – Bakers by yemmit90: 3:50pm On Apr 16
CrossRhodes:

As long as Nigeria customs keeps custom duties and imports prices high, good and services will continue to remain high

The bakers are in business and if import duties are still high people should direct their grievance to FG and customs, not the poor bakers.

The dollar they use to pay the import duties is already down by almost 40%, so what are you talking about?

If import duties is $1k (1,800,000), last month, the same $1k is around 1m today, so tell me why the manufacturers can not follow the same pattern they followed each time dollar is increasing?

Please stop supporting or justify these unfortunate set of people greed irrationally.

1 Like

Re: Why Prices Of Bread Are High – Bakers by Offpoint1: 3:51pm On Apr 16
thesicilian:
Went to get Indomie Noodles for a friend kid who visited yesterday, the price on the pack is boldly written N70, while the sellers are selling it N250. The one written N120 is being sold at the cost of N350... I walked around all the shops they're all selling it at the same price. I refused to buy. why is company selling products at the cost of N70 and resellers are selling it at the cost of N250? what kind of madness is that? is that still the effect of dollar?

2 Likes

Re: Why Prices Of Bread Are High – Bakers by CodeTemplar: 3:51pm On Apr 16
What happened to the dry season cultivation harvest of wheat? Or was our govt exaggerating the whole stuff?
Re: Why Prices Of Bread Are High – Bakers by CodeTemplar: 3:53pm On Apr 16
yemmit90:

The dollar they use to pay the import duties is already down by almost 40%, so what are you talking about?

If import duties is $1k (1,800,000), last month, the same $1k is around 1m today, so tell me why the manufacturers can not follow the same pattern they followed each time dollar is increasing?

Please stop supporting or justify these unfortunate set of people greed irrationally.
between manufacturers and you, there are middlemen called distributors.

most of the absurd inflation is by them.

If you think I am lying, check mfd date against dollar and fx increase date. It is those polo and tight jeans wearing dude in the market that are responsible. Those nice shoes wearing distribution chain experts.
Re: Why Prices Of Bread Are High – Bakers by Monday60655(m): 3:55pm On Apr 16
Now that the naira has gained a significant upsurge, why is it that the price is not coming down, but when dollar was going up, the price was flying with a high speed. Wicked people!
Re: Why Prices Of Bread Are High – Bakers by Queengee: 4:01pm On Apr 16
The next protect and revoke will be against the traders not government

1 Like

Re: Why Prices Of Bread Are High – Bakers by DOM7: 4:02pm On Apr 16
And now that the naira is appreciating by the day and the price of bread remain the same what can we say about that?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

African Salad / Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost / Food Inflation In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.