Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,605 members, 7,812,984 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:16 AM

Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound (35424 Views)

Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound -Bloomberg / Bloomberg: Nigeria's Dollar Bonds Jump After New President Scraps Fuel Caps / Governor Ayade's Aide Resigns, Says 'his Ideology Does Not Go In Tandem With APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound by YemyTemmy: 10:35pm On Apr 16
i believe most Nigerians will just read the headline and form opinion around it... Make una read to understand before una comment.... belle dey turn me with some kind of comments i'm seeing here....Larger percentage of Nigerians are fools

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound by MrBONE2(m): 10:36pm On Apr 16
Biodun556:
What is the reserve doing there?

Let's spend it

cheesy

Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound by delpee(f): 10:39pm On Apr 16
When we stop importing fuel, we'll have lower demand for forex. Hopefully, there'll be no need to defend the Naira massively thereafter so that our reserves can rise again.
Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound by yewit37486: 10:41pm On Apr 16
nafama:
The problem with Nigerians is, no one looks at things from a clear angle anymore. No rational thinking..... Just bunches of tribal and religious individuals.

As in, just look at the comments on the first page, so shameful that people can't even discuss issues in a rational objective manner.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound by femi4: 10:45pm On Apr 16
Biodun556:

Let's spend it
Onigbese

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound by femi4: 10:47pm On Apr 16
SenecaTheYonger:
But everyone knows this. The trick is to flood the market with dollar in this case $2bn a
Month. Which is $24bn a year.
They will soon run out of forex and we will have a true reflection of the economy

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound by Yankee101: 10:47pm On Apr 16
Cos they’re burning the reserves to prop up the naira
What happens when your reserves run low?
Financial economy is for the experienced

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound by Donaldoni: 10:49pm On Apr 16
lexy2014:

what then did tinubu use nnpc to borrow $3b from afrexim for?

Since when was that

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound by lexy2014: 10:54pm On Apr 16
Donaldoni:

Since when was that

so you just de talk and you dont even know whats happening?

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound by edogu(m): 10:59pm On Apr 16
We need to increase the amount of crude oil we export by preventing oil theft.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound by EngineerOloye: 10:59pm On Apr 16
Lol
Are you somehow exempted from the reality of that truth, perhaps because you anticipated it and voted "wisely" or should I say "obediently"?
Well... Elections are over, and we all need to return back to being Nigerians, if there was ever such a word? If ever it meant anything... We need to realise that only Nigerians can want the good of this nation. Not IMF, not political GFs & certainly not the propagander ridden... baseless social media narratives. I read the post and kept wondering, what was the true object of the Author?
Melagros:
COMRADES, when we warned Nigerians that Tinubu and his cohorts have nothing to offer Nigerians some of these APC's miscreants on nairaland tried to gag me by even threatening my life
Here we are today, the truth is gradually surfacing

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 11:00pm On Apr 16
garykoeman:
Even with their propaganda obi will not be president.

Leave your cage and caves in Ogbomosho and travel out, you will get to meet counties that are far organized, working together for the benefit of all than were someone in a cave is saying Obi wont be President....

What concerns him if he is not the President?
Does it make Nigeria a better place??
Does it improve the standard of living in Nigeria?

I have said it that the mentality of majority of Almajiris to hold onto their own whether he is doing good or not has befallen the South West brothers ..

See what an adult is reasoning, when Kenya, Senegal, even Namibia and the likes are making impact, coming together, electing credible hands to solve their problems ....

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound by MemphitzDgreat1(m): 11:01pm On Apr 16
helinues:
How much debt have we serviced?

How much have we borrowed?

Those are the questions that should be directed to the naysayers
Mugu!!!
Na you dey ask this kind question??
When Buhari was plugging the nation into huge debt with his massive borrowing, what has Nigeria got to show for it except excruciating poverty wey you especially dey suffer from.😒

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound by nedu666: 11:04pm On Apr 16
We keep hearing about the Dollars sold to bdc, no one is talking about the Dollars sold to banks

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound by Kay25(m): 11:06pm On Apr 16
Penguin2:
Lol!

Tumbum Tumbum government

They removed subsidy and later shamelessly returned it and paying even more.

They floated the Naira and later went back to their vomit by defending the Naira like Emefiele was doing.

I’m sure that’s why they shamefully released Emefiele after they saw themselves doing what they accused Emefiele of.

Tinubu is empty

His gang of criminals are even emptier

Together they form a bunch of empty-headed criminals only interested in snatching power, running away with it and looting.

Sorry, Nigeria!
Na u wise pass...
Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound by Paramount01(m): 11:06pm On Apr 16
Biodun556:

Let's spend it

Lolz
Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound by SenecaTheYonger: 11:07pm On Apr 16
LegendHero:
Bloomberg themselves said this in the report.

So if CBN clear FX backlogs, where do you guys expect them to see the money before? Will it not be from loans and FX reserve?

How does this translates to defending naira? She na all those $10k wey them dey give BDC go amass $2bn in a month?

This is just using a clickbait topic to attract people, reading the content did not show anywhere that the did was because naira was defended except if clearing backlog is now seen as “Naira defense” too.

Why una too dey lie? The day they said they cleared backlog, they also said their FX reserve increased. Why did they need to lie?

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound by Heffalump(m): 11:08pm On Apr 16
The true position of things will soon be unraveled.

All I know is that Tinubu is a raw crude man, Charging into the foray with empty chest beating. The naira gain has no depth and backing. What's the Production level in the midst of massive looting by government officials?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound by treatise: 11:10pm On Apr 16
Goodvibes007:
How many times ...same thread below

https://www.nairaland.com/8063510/nigeria-back-defending-naira-foreign

The reporter of the article should also explain why their is a convergence between the parallel and official markets.
When you wrap faeces with strong leaves and hidden in a dark place it's just a matter of hours before it starts oozing. Keep the defense line well well.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound by Dennisochampa: 11:10pm On Apr 16
garykoeman:
Even with their propaganda obi will not be president.

Bros easy na... U no want make obidients sleep well this night grin cheesy
Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound by Dennisochampa: 11:13pm On Apr 16
Melagros:
COMRADES, when we warned Nigerians that Tinubu and his cohorts have nothing to offer Nigerians some of these APC's miscreants on nairaland tried to gag me by even threatening my life

Cry harder bro.... Obi still would never rule 9ja...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound by Dennisochampa: 11:14pm On Apr 16
PointZerom:
wink

You hate to hear the truth but you're the ones crying most for hunger SHOUTING EBIN PAWA Ooo.

El-Rufail has exposed your lies but you keep on calling Igbos enemies of Nigeria.

Between you that voted for Buhari and the Igbos that rejected him twice, who truly is the enemies of Nigeria?

You can't even tell the primary and secondary schools your president attended.....shame on you

Ok we don hear but Obi will never rule 9ja

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound by DeepSight(m): 11:14pm On Apr 16
Faiththatworks:
Although this news is from Bloomberg, I will thread with caution in believing this report.
Although I don't hide the fact that I'm a Supporter of Asiwaju and Nigeria, I'm also a believer of Facts over emotions.
There's a coordinated attempt to disparage the gains made recently by the Naira,and I believe the narrative is being slanted to meet the desires of very few greedy Nigerians.
First,is the recent noise by some people led by Nasiru El-Rufai that Subsidy is back,thereafter the CEO of Rain oil without any scientific data other than correlating the pump price of Diesel with Petrol, trumpeted that Nigeria is paying a Subsidy of 600 billion every month,Habaaaa you wonder the kind of Business man that CEO is.
Next is the deliberate fear being created that CBN governor is defending the Naira by dipping his hands into the Foreign reserve,Habbbba how's selling less than 60 million Dollars enough to dip the Foreign Reserve of Nigeria by over 2 billion Dollars.
I repeat the National Security Adviser should begin to treat these People as Economic Terriorist,all they are doing is speculating and trying to force the value of the Naira down.
Although they believe all Nigerians are lazy but we will counter them with our own figures,last month OPEC told us Nigeria's oil production dropped to around 1.3m barrels per day,since Oil is our biggest earner,the revenue from oil sales dropped drastically and that affected the foreign reserve.
Again I will keep going back to our budget,the total earning without oil Subsidy for 2024 is around 10 trillion naira,if these people claim Subsidy is back in full,then Nigeria is in Big trouble because there wasn't any provisions for Subsidy in the 2024 budget,like the Rainoil CEO used some abracadabra figures to support his figures,any payment of Subsidy will cause inflation to raise to 100% cos we will go back to printing money to run the Economy.
I believe Nigeria is on the right path,all these Economic Terriorist and Bandits are just trying to instill fear in our minds,anybody paying for subsidy should be treated as a criminal and handed over to the EFCC, payment of Subsidy is a fraud Against the people of Nigeria.
I'm sure Nigerians will not bulge to these Economic Terrorist and fear mongers, currency speculators and economic sabos,.
Onward forever is our motto, Asiwaju is taking this country to a better place and it will be right in front of the nay sayers.
God bless Nigeria.

Well it's obvious some subsidy is being paid because there is no way the dollar would have risen as it did without affecting the landing cost of PMS.

Therefore under your recommendation the president should be prosecuted as only he can authorize such payments.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound by EnterpriseMan: 11:20pm On Apr 16
The Dark truth they don't want to hear.
Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound by Abayhormy(m): 11:28pm On Apr 16
Nigerians, Wake up. Una think say these oyinbo people like as we dey make progress for our country ? They will do anything to discredit and achieve a slowdown in the gains of the Naira. Go and read about what what France did to Guinea.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound by stagger: 11:32pm On Apr 16
Biodun556:

Let's spend it

If this report is true, where did the CBN sees the 7 billion dollars to use to pay foreign airlines and others when Nigeria foreign reserve was 32 billion dollars

I am sure if we have a peek into your own accounts, you have zero savings.

Do you know what is the meaning of "reserve"?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound by viodemus: 11:33pm On Apr 16
Leg dey shake, hand dey shake, we warn dem, but dem say na cold dey do am.

Now naira dun dey shake, investors run dey shake, infact Nigeria dun dey shake.

May God help us all, because we have useless people in the driver's seat.
Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound by yom2(m): 11:33pm On Apr 16
Penguin2:
Lol!

Tumbum Tumbum government

They removed subsidy and later shamelessly returned it and paying even more.

They floated the Naira and later went back to their vomit by defending the Naira like Emefiele was doing.

I’m sure that’s why they shamefully released Emefiele after they saw themselves doing what they accused Emefiele of.

Tinubu is empty

His gang of criminals are even emptier

Together they form a bunch of empty-headed criminals only interested in snatching power, running away with it and looting.

Sorry, Nigeria!
am not a fan of any one but I support U on this. They are doing what they blamed Emefiele of doing without vindicating him on that aspect even though the guy do have his mistakes and sins
Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound by HugoBoss10(m): 11:34pm On Apr 16
helinues:
How much debt have we serviced?

How much have we borrowed?

Those are the questions that should be directed to the naysayers

So you deep hand into your reserve to pay debt abi
What happened to all the celebrated gain your government has been making from fuel subsidy removal
Keep deceiving yourself you hear

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound by Tflex01: 11:41pm On Apr 16
Melagros:

Tinubu was the best candidate in the last presidential election. 💯

Nigerians made the right choice.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound by Tflex01: 11:43pm On Apr 16
viodemus:
Leg dey shake, hand dey shake, we warn dem, but dem say na cold dey do am.

Now naira dun dey shake, investors run dey shake, infact Nigeria dun dey shake.

May God help us all, because we have useless people in the driver's seat.

Last last, he will rule you and your parents for 8 years.

😂

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Obiano, Emefiele, Bagudu, Ogbe Watching Anambra Rice Being Harvested-pictures / COVID-19: Ahmad Lawan Urges Buhari To Provide Relief For Poor Nigerians / Oyo 2022: Rauf Olaniyan Has Defected To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.