Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,772 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:03 PM

Wale Edun: Nigeria Economy Moving, Tinubu’s Policies Slowing Down Food Inflation - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wale Edun: Nigeria Economy Moving, Tinubu’s Policies Slowing Down Food Inflation (7922 Views)

Wale Edun: Only 5% Of Nigerians Have Over ₦‎500k In Their Bank Accounts / 2027: Tinubu’s Policies Unsettle Northern APC / Wale Edun Gets World Bank Appointment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wale Edun: Nigeria Economy Moving, Tinubu’s Policies Slowing Down Food Inflation by Idun2024(f): 6:54am On Apr 17
JoeEeL:
I ONLY PITY PEOPLE WHO DONT BELIEVE IN NIGERIA BUT FORCED TO LIVE WITH THOSE WHO STRANGELY BELIEVE IN IT AND ARE NOW FORCED TO SHARE IN ALL THE WOES THE ZOO DISHES OUT IN QUANTUM.

If youre not talking Yoruba nation, ure talking nonsense!
Re: Wale Edun: Nigeria Economy Moving, Tinubu’s Policies Slowing Down Food Inflation by Diligence: 6:58am On Apr 17
Guz: Now I get it: The target person to deceive here is Tinubu. His cronies want to look good on paPers (reports) which they're padding & circulating, but the PEOPLE OF NUGERIA KNOW REALITY! In fact, people now see the apc-govt abracadabra & are astounded about their hypocrisy. Don't ask me if they're still printing money & backdating it! This thing wey APC dey do go backfire!
Re: Wale Edun: Nigeria Economy Moving, Tinubu’s Policies Slowing Down Food Inflation by aylive02(m): 6:58am On Apr 17
lanre316:
Obidients will not be happy about this. They want Nigeria to fail because Obi wasn't the president
. Mumu
Re: Wale Edun: Nigeria Economy Moving, Tinubu’s Policies Slowing Down Food Inflation by Omalicious1: 6:58am On Apr 17
Bobloco:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/04/nigeria-conomy-moving-tinubus-policies-slowing-down-food-inflation-edun/amp/

I beg to differ, food inflation isn't going down. Prices of food stuff are still high as before. I went to market yesterday and saw things for myself.
Re: Wale Edun: Nigeria Economy Moving, Tinubu’s Policies Slowing Down Food Inflation by Antiurchins: 7:03am On Apr 17
Urinating machine is emptying our foreign reserve to depend naira
Re: Wale Edun: Nigeria Economy Moving, Tinubu’s Policies Slowing Down Food Inflation by JoeEeL(m): 7:03am On Apr 17
Idun2024:

Hehehe

IPOB Emeka, rest

IPOB man don dey disguise as Yoruba Nation.

Yes o. Proud Emeka ☝🏼💪🏽

1 Like

Re: Wale Edun: Nigeria Economy Moving, Tinubu’s Policies Slowing Down Food Inflation by Saintinoo(m): 7:04am On Apr 17
Unperturbedpota:
We are yet to feel the impact of thee policies but hopeful. I don't believe in propaganda but truth be told Tinubu has been pushing out S.M.A.R.T policies. Let's wait and see how things play out.

But I feel he has to tackle head on the consumer protection agencies that regular consumer good prices.

They have to start working or he better scrap these agencies

What are the smart policies and how have they positively affected the economy. Pls don't tell me that using the foreign reserve to defend the naira is a smart policy.

I understand that he is your candidate, but one thing you guys do not understand is that politicians do not care about the people. I will criticise Peter Obi if he had been the one with these killing policies.

Tinubu policies are not about smart or bad, they are policies brought to enrich himself and his friends.
Re: Wale Edun: Nigeria Economy Moving, Tinubu’s Policies Slowing Down Food Inflation by Angelfrost(m): 7:09am On Apr 17
Lol... These people are so insulated from the realities.

Once again, achievements shouldn't be explained... They should be seen and felt.

1 Like

Re: Wale Edun: Nigeria Economy Moving, Tinubu’s Policies Slowing Down Food Inflation by Unperturbedpota: 7:12am On Apr 17
Saintinoo:

What are the smart policies and how have they positively affected the economy. Pls don't tell me that using the foreign reserve to defend the naira is a smart policy.

I understand that he is your candidate, but one thing you guys do not understand is that politicians do not care about the people. I will criticise Peter Obi if he had been the one with these killing policies.

Tinubu policies are not about smart or bad, they are policies brought to enrich himself and his friends.

Actually you are wrong. Peter obi was and remains my candidate.

I am just trying to focus on a better Nigeria until election time comes around. No point being negative when the elections won't be for another 3 years is there?
I just want things to get better
Re: Wale Edun: Nigeria Economy Moving, Tinubu’s Policies Slowing Down Food Inflation by goldust777: 7:15am On Apr 17
Tinubu is not doing badly lately compared to the dullard buhari that everything including the dollar kept going up and nothing coming down the truth is Nigerians are very greedy and don't want the price of goods to reflect on the current dollar economics agencies in charge need to start clamping and enforcing price control,Nigerians are so used to self sabotage and still claiming to be victims it's high time the government enforce price control on sellers and the market middle men
Re: Wale Edun: Nigeria Economy Moving, Tinubu’s Policies Slowing Down Food Inflation by FireUpNow(m): 7:16am On Apr 17
lanre316:
Obidients will not be happy about this. They want Nigeria to fail because Obi wasn't the president

So you believe this nonsense the man is talking? Go around the market on your area and check out the prices of food commodities. I think you don't know what you are talking. I believe that you are hungry now. Keep making fool of yourself.
Re: Wale Edun: Nigeria Economy Moving, Tinubu’s Policies Slowing Down Food Inflation by NOwazobia: 7:18am On Apr 17
Slowing down food inflation is the same as increase in food inflation.

So, what is then the positive impact of the government
Re: Wale Edun: Nigeria Economy Moving, Tinubu’s Policies Slowing Down Food Inflation by Saintinoo(m): 7:19am On Apr 17
Unperturbedpota:

Actually you are wrong. Peter obi was and remains my candidate.

I am just trying to focus on a better Nigeria until election time comes around. No point being negative when the elections won't be for another 3 years is there?
I just want things to get better

We are do sir, we criticise Tinubu policies not because we hate him, but because we believe they are not OK. No one will want Nigeria not to succeed and then suffer along, people are suffering, a man I know in the North just died, his wife was hospitalized, out of frustration and lack of money, he developed some sort of sickness and died.

Who is Tinubu policies benefitting, absolutely nobody but the rich businessmen and politicians.

1 Like

Re: Wale Edun: Nigeria Economy Moving, Tinubu’s Policies Slowing Down Food Inflation by Houseontherock1: 7:19am On Apr 17
Fear of God is zero! How can you say these policies are slowing down food inflation when it's doing the opposite? The electricity tariff has worsened it, especially in stores where they use light all through the day!

1 Like

Re: Wale Edun: Nigeria Economy Moving, Tinubu’s Policies Slowing Down Food Inflation by olarent: 7:24am On Apr 17
Am not their fan, but they are right. My people before we condemn people, organisations or governments we must do our findings. I but a bag of rice February ending and papanlato ewekoro ogun state for 78k agric as at last 2weeks it was sold for 64k, as at yesterday its was 57k they are right. The gas that my wife is selling also came down she was telling me now that the old stock is 1400 why the new one should go for 1300 that how is she going to do its because she still has about 60k not yet sold.

1 Like

Re: Wale Edun: Nigeria Economy Moving, Tinubu’s Policies Slowing Down Food Inflation by ambale(m): 7:24am On Apr 17
Nigerians are sure in for a long ride

The wise should get into business now and charge what you know can make you live

Tinubu and his cronies are not ready for governance, just propaganda everywhere you turn to
Re: Wale Edun: Nigeria Economy Moving, Tinubu’s Policies Slowing Down Food Inflation by Unperturbedpota: 7:25am On Apr 17
Saintinoo:

We are do sir, we criticise Tinubu policies not because we hate him, but because we believe they are not OK. No one will want Nigeria not to succeed and then suffer along, people are suffering, a man I know in the North just died, his wife was hospitalized, out of frustration and lack of money, he developed some sort of sickness and died.

Who is Tinubu policies benefitting, absolutely nobody but the rich businessmen and politicians.

I am glad we are on the same page. Hence why i commend the good ones and remain positive. Besides he has just been in power less than 2 years after he supoorted Buhari to destroy Nigeria for 8 years. Realisticly it wil lt take him a while longer than this to fix things and watch them begin to rebound
Re: Wale Edun: Nigeria Economy Moving, Tinubu’s Policies Slowing Down Food Inflation by Elliotwaveforec: 7:40am On Apr 17
Local farmers aren't bringing down prices of garri, beans, maize, guinea corn, etc! Consumer protection agency should wake up and do their job; prices of locally produced foods are still rising, only imported rice is dropping.

If the farmers aren't bringing down prices, the government should open the border and import beans, garri, maize, etc since the farmers have refused to be sensible.

Smuggled rice is getting cheaper by the day.
Re: Wale Edun: Nigeria Economy Moving, Tinubu’s Policies Slowing Down Food Inflation by Faposky95: 7:42am On Apr 17
Puff puff don put money.....
Akara nko.....no go there......
Re: Wale Edun: Nigeria Economy Moving, Tinubu’s Policies Slowing Down Food Inflation by Offpoint1: 7:43am On Apr 17
Yankee101:
If you started at 100 percent and inflation is now 200 percent you’ve not yet started anything until you return to point zero (100) you’re still in negative territory
Don’t know how these folks reason... You took something from 100% to 400%, returned to 300% and claimed you made progress... Isn't that madness?

2 Likes

Re: Wale Edun: Nigeria Economy Moving, Tinubu’s Policies Slowing Down Food Inflation by Abee79(m): 7:45am On Apr 17
lanre316:
How can we be happy when all we see is propaganda & celebration of mediocrity? We all go to the same market. Be honest. Are things better at your end?

1 Like

Re: Wale Edun: Nigeria Economy Moving, Tinubu’s Policies Slowing Down Food Inflation by themanderon: 7:47am On Apr 17
It is only moving from that paper you are reading from. Nothing positive is going on in the markets.
Re: Wale Edun: Nigeria Economy Moving, Tinubu’s Policies Slowing Down Food Inflation by CrossRhodes: 7:48am On Apr 17
Iamanoited:
IMPORTED FOOD ARE CHEAPER THAN HOME GROWN? HOW?
AND THE BORDERS ARE OPEN?
OUR BANKS AND POLICE ARE CORRUPT.
More so your customs
Re: Wale Edun: Nigeria Economy Moving, Tinubu’s Policies Slowing Down Food Inflation by CrossRhodes: 7:49am On Apr 17
themanderon:
It is only moving from that paper you are reading from. Nothing positive is going on in the markets.
😂 😂
No mind them
Re: Wale Edun: Nigeria Economy Moving, Tinubu’s Policies Slowing Down Food Inflation by RushManni: 7:49am On Apr 17
Racoon:
There goes the anarchists again always wanting to gaslighening the populace with their trademark lies and propaganda.

What makes your case so pathetic is that EVERY SINGLE PERSON whom you intend to give your opinion to are all witnesses/ first observers of everything going on.

You see say una no dey think ?

You the more keep making yourself look foolish .. ....... Imagine telling people who buy mango @ 200 that mango is 100 .....

Just imagine standing in front of 100 people who buy mango 200 and shouting that mango is 100 naira in the market, trying to "convince" them

Imagine how you look in that scenario

Now imagine they were 1000 people

Now going further imagine 1 million people

And then, the Nigerian population

Sorry

1 Like

Re: Wale Edun: Nigeria Economy Moving, Tinubu’s Policies Slowing Down Food Inflation by successmatters(m): 7:50am On Apr 17
Blaze14k:
What are these guys smoking.. yesterday I learnt that a plate of egusi soup is now 1000. Same yesterday I felt like eating suya I found out N500 suya is like the normal N200. Food prices are literally going higher. Should I talk about the jollof rice and chicken I bought at eatery? Chicken shawarma is now 3200

I walked away from an eatery yesterday when they told me a plate of EBA and soup is now 4,500
Re: Wale Edun: Nigeria Economy Moving, Tinubu’s Policies Slowing Down Food Inflation by CrossRhodes: 7:51am On Apr 17
Elliotwaveforec:
Local farmers aren't bringing down prices of garri, beans, maize, guinea corn, etc! Consumer protection agency should wake up and do their job; prices of locally produced foods are still rising, only imported rice is dropping.

If the farmers aren't bringing down prices, the government should open the border and import beans, garri, maize, etc since the farmers have refused to be sensible.

Smuggled rice is getting cheaper by the day.
Local farmers pay dues for bokoharam to allow them farm...
Don't you know it will affect prices?

What is your government doing about the insecurity?
Can you now see the relationship?
Re: Wale Edun: Nigeria Economy Moving, Tinubu’s Policies Slowing Down Food Inflation by CrossRhodes: 7:52am On Apr 17
Blaze14k:
What are these guys smoking.. yesterday I learnt that a plate of egusi soup is now 1000. Same yesterday I felt like eating suya I found out N500 suya is like the normal N200. Food prices are literally going higher. Should I talk about the jollof rice and chicken I bought at eatery? Chicken shawarma is now 3200
I wonder what they smoke in Aso rock?
They must be high
Re: Wale Edun: Nigeria Economy Moving, Tinubu’s Policies Slowing Down Food Inflation by lanre316: 7:53am On Apr 17
jmoore:

Garri price is rising and Obi is your problem.

Pathetic. Let the Tinubulation ministers keep it up with the brainwashing of APC supporters, e dey work.

Mindlog:

Because you and your relatives, now buy food cheaper. grin grin grin

FireUpNow:

So you believe this nonsense the man is talking? Go around the market on your area and check out the prices of food commodities. I think you don't know what you are talking. I believe that you are hungry now. Keep making fool of yourself.

Abee79:

How can we be happy when all we see is propaganda & celebration of mediocrity? We all go to the same market. Be honest. Are things better at your end?

No problem, then. May Nigeria will crash finally, so that you guys will be happy. Since that's what you want.

But on a positive note:

Naira is making some progress in appreciation, let's be optimistic. Those food market prices not reducing are caused by the sellers who don't want to sell at loss. Even it will come down when they buy cheaper, then they will sell cheaper.

Let's be optimistic about Nigeria please. If Nigeria crash finally, we will all suffer, Obidients or not. If Nigeria works, we will all benefit, Obidients or not.
Re: Wale Edun: Nigeria Economy Moving, Tinubu’s Policies Slowing Down Food Inflation by jmoore(m): 8:00am On Apr 17
lanre316:

No problem, then. May Nigeria will crash finally, so that you guys will be happy. Since that's what you want.

See the type of babablu blackmail you dey type.

Saying the truth now means Nigeria will crash?
Has the price of garri reduced in your area or you are given free food?

Being a liar is what will make Nigeria succeed? The level of brainwashing on APC supporters is on an alltime high.
Re: Wale Edun: Nigeria Economy Moving, Tinubu’s Policies Slowing Down Food Inflation by Mindlog: 8:03am On Apr 17
lanre316:

Eyah. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breaking News: Soludo Is Pdp Candidate - Supreme Court / Should FG Grant Boko-Haram Amnesty? / Quit Notice: Governor Shettima & Arewa Youth Leaders In A Closed Door Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.