Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,524 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High (47492 Views)

Marketers Speak On New Fuel Price As Another Refinery To Release Products / Naira Jumps To 8-month High Of 1,120/$ As Dollars Flood Black Market / Expected Petrol Pump Price Drops To N114.53 Per Litre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by enemyofprogress: 10:08am On Apr 17
Make we talk truth, Tinubu don dey try, only Obi supporters and the flat headed ones no go see am grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by winner37(m): 10:09am On Apr 17
All the filling stations in my area are closed..
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by tollyboy5(m): 10:09am On Apr 17
Ensa777:
Bought #700 in Aba yesterday.You ppl should soft-pedal on propaganda.

That's how I went to price Rice as I heard the price is now down to #56000 according to APC handlers not knowing it's a lie.
Blame your obidient brothers not Nigerians.
You guys need to keep living in your ₦1800 per $ dream.
Here in Lagos they refuse to drop price in electronics, but you know what? They're not the only one selling electronics now grin
Sensible Nigerians with conscience has drop price.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by oyeb15: 10:09am On Apr 17
Scarcity of pms don kill Ekiti people. I had to buy black market to escape d state. I don't think d state has any governor.

1 Like

Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by richeeyo(m): 10:10am On Apr 17
ZombieTAMER:

That's what propaganda can do

Beautiful on paper

A total different story in reality

This is the summary of Tinubu's presidency thus far

people are suffering out there
A bag of rice seems like a bag of gold
Economics is not Magic
How foolish can u be

2 Likes

Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by DeepSight(m): 10:11am On Apr 17
Faiththatworks:
Welcome to Tinubumonics,the only Nigerian President to Bring down the Dollar,also Crashing the price of Petrol,Diesel, Aviation Fuel and Kerosene.
I keep saying The battle for the Soul of Nigeria has started,and I'm sure Asiwaju will triumph.
Asiwaju is a Genius and he has assembled a stellar cast of very intelligent people around him.
Some months ago, precisely in December when one of his advisers said the Price of the Dollar will crash to around 800-950, some Nigerians made fun of him and taunted him,but Today his prophecy is being proved Right.
I daresay Shame on those prophets of Baal who were predicting 2000 to a Dollar,and I prophesie it's just the beginning.
Some days ago, the NNPCL made an earth shaking announcement that didn't really gain traction as I expected,Crude oil sales will soon be done in a combination of Naira and Dollars,this is what I call the Final coffin in the Nail of Dollar speculators.
Buying Crude oil in Naira is what I call a game changer,the Modular refineries will soon start roaring to life,and I daresay Diesel, Aviation fuel will soon fall to less than 700 naira.
The demand by these Refineries for Usd is gone and this will allow more forex to remain in the Country.
For those still listening to Olodo Economist like Aisha Yesufu,I implore you to quickly dispose of your Dollars if you are a speculator,the fall of the Dollar will be massive and heart wrenching.
Nigeria is back to Business.
God bless Asiwaju
God bless Nigeria.

You meet a price at 700, increase it to 1900 and your iddiot supporters praise you as a genius for reducing it to 1000. Daft, they can't see that all that has happened is an increase.

How daft must you be to fail to see that the government has simply swallowed it's vomit and is now defending the naira, contrary to its stupid decision to float it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by jayce232: 10:12am On Apr 17
640 to 620 slash?? Nonsense!
Seems slash now have another meaning?
Fuel is still selling for 700 in my area

1 Like

Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by Emeskhalifa(m): 10:12am On Apr 17
Donaldoni:
Good news.
Thank God.
Piiiiggs won't like this

Have you bought for the so called 620?
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by Bimpe29: 10:14am On Apr 17
It will be better for us as a nation.
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by Emperor5(m): 10:14am On Apr 17
Government of propaganda... After all there gararga they follow back door to re-introduce fuel subsidy and defending of naira
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by fitinwell: 10:14am On Apr 17
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by emkz: 10:15am On Apr 17
DeepSight:

Not in an urban area. In what major city can consumers come together like this. You clearly live on a rock in the countryside.

Gated estates neighbours, friends, church members, lecturers, club members, workers unions, drivers, students and small associations can come together and even have an umbrella union.

Try to look beyond your nose. I don't know how old you are, but this type of thing happens among lecturers now. Instead of going to the market, they contribute money and buy goods to share.

As a union, we can also start our own coooperative within Nairaland to buy and sell.

1 Like

Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by Greenfaces: 10:15am On Apr 17
Who goes dem. Tinubu no dey perform so? Make obi clap for am abeg
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by emkz: 10:17am On Apr 17
nedekid:

It does not have dollar component abi? The cost of fertilizer, the cost of farm equipments, the cost of diesel to run farm equipments, to also transport the produce to the consumers does not have dollar components shey? Petrol nko?
Oga, every thing in farming, prices of foodstuff is affected by increased or reduced fx.

Fertilizer is usually donated or sold at subsidized rates to farmers. The cost of fuel did not also increase during this period, especially diesel which is used by lorries to transport goods.

Most of our farming is subsistent agriculture.
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by malvisguy212: 10:17am On Apr 17
Dennisochampa:

Bros show me the meter in your area of any NNPC fuel depot
I'm in Kaduna and fuel is still selling at 700.
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by emkz: 10:18am On Apr 17
perfri:
But when dollar was selling at a high rate, the excuse these sellers gave for the high price was the exchange rate, now that exchange rate has reduced, what is the reason for this continuous hike in prices. this just shows that the naira rise is purely artificial and a bubble that is soon likely to burst

They needed an excuse to hike prices. If minimum wage increase, expect another price hike.
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by lapintoz: 10:18am On Apr 17
Some of you need to check into a mental home for recalibration.

Prices rise you wail, prices fall you wail the more.....

Can something different from hate occupy your empty skull.....

ZombieTAMER:

Beautiful on paper

2 Likes

Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by LZAA: 10:19am On Apr 17
😄😄😄😄😄
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by DeepSight(m): 10:19am On Apr 17
emkz:

Gated estates neighbours, friends, church members, lecturers, club members, workers unions, drivers, students and small associations can come together and even have an umbrella union.

Try to look beyond your nose. I don't know how old you are, but this type of thing happens among lecturers now. Instead of going to the market, they contribute money and buy goods to share.

As a union, we can also start our own cooopetative within Nairaland to buy and sell.

Deceive yourself.

The aspect of putting money together is ok but that will do nothing to bring prices down in big towns.

My age? I can probably father 90 per cent of the posters here.
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by mipeesoft(m): 10:19am On Apr 17
...and the maggots are rejoicing, wow... grin
Donaldoni:
Good news.
Thank God.
Piiiiggs won't like this
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by mrcrabs(m): 10:19am On Apr 17
story story, fuel i still bought for 650 this morning.
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by Krankhead: 10:20am On Apr 17
ZombieTAMER:

Beautiful on paper

This is not zbout propaganda. This is wickedness. Even If fuel is sold at #50 today , Nigerian will not reduce food proce. They are wicked. Once they increase price they will never bring it down.
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by godofuck231: 10:21am On Apr 17
Jonathan warned you Nigerians and some daft ones felt buhari the evil cow would be more strict , asking the devil for fire 🔥
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by Abuking5: 10:21am On Apr 17
Who na too dey lie, fuel wey I buy 710 this morning, God punish all of you guys been paid to spread false news, it won't gelp us grow as a country.
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by nedekid: 10:21am On Apr 17
Faiththatworks:
Welcome to Tinubumonics,the only Nigerian President to Bring down the Dollar,also Crashing the price of Petrol,Diesel, Aviation Fuel and Kerosene.
I keep saying The battle for the Soul of Nigeria has started,and I'm sure Asiwaju will triumph.
Asiwaju is a Genius and he has assembled a stellar cast of very intelligent people around him.
Some months ago, precisely in December when one of his advisers said the Price of the Dollar will crash to around 800-950, some Nigerians made fun of him and taunted him,but Today his prophecy is being proved Right.
I daresay Shame on those prophets of Baal who were predicting 2000 to a Dollar,and I prophesie it's just the beginning.
Some days ago, the NNPCL made an earth shaking announcement that didn't really gain traction as I expected,Crude oil sales will soon be done in a combination of Naira and Dollars,this is what I call the Final coffin in the Nail of Dollar speculators.
Buying Crude oil in Naira is what I call a game changer,the Modular refineries will soon start roaring to life,and I daresay Diesel, Aviation fuel will soon fall to less than 700 naira.
The demand by these Refineries for Usd is gone and this will allow more forex to remain in the Country.
For those still listening to Olodo Economist like Aisha Yesufu,I implore you to quickly dispose of your Dollars if you are a speculator,the fall of the Dollar will be massive and heart wrenching.
Nigeria is back to Business.
God bless Asiwaju
God bless Nigeria.
Oga, all this your sermon is not necessary. Great that what goes up is comming down which is unusual in naija. But when you say oga crashed the price of eg dollar or diesel, petrol, then you should come from the point of how much he met it.
Baba met dollar at 750, petrol at 180, diesel at 200 (or so). You will be making sense and he will be applauded if the prices fall below what he met them.
Eg, A Mai tea has been selling you indomie and egg for ₦750, he travels, his wife now increases the price to ₦1800, later after much wahala, she reduces it to ₦1200, you then start to hail her as a genius, godsent, meanwhile you are paying more. Is it not when she makes it 300-700 that accolades should come?
Anyway, in the positive side, let's keep our fingers crossed and encourage baba, pray for wisdom to crash the dollar to 200 apc met it 2015.
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by tunjijones(m): 10:23am On Apr 17
ZombieTAMER:

Beautiful on paper

So it's Tinubu that will make greedy business people reduce their prices?

All of Una dey craze
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by ppogba: 10:24am On Apr 17
Ensa777:
Bought #700 in Aba yesterday.You ppl should soft-pedal on propaganda.

That's how I went to price Rice as I heard the price is now down to #56000 according to APC handlers not knowing it's a lie.

What was the price?
What was it before?

Learn to give facts and figures.
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by emkz: 10:24am On Apr 17
DeepSight:

Deceive yourself.

The aspect of putting money together is ok but that will do nothing to bring prices down in big towns.

My age? I can probably father 90 per cent of the posters here.

If we are in Abuja and we put money together and find alternative sources like Benue, Nasarawa or Plateau to buy these goods directly and cutting off the Abuja sellers, what would that do to demand from the Abuja sellers? If they do not want to lose, they'd be forced to review prices. We saw this in the Lagos-London route.

As for your age, congratulations Egbon Abraham Methuselah. I'd rather not father 90% of posters here. That would mean I have terrible and toxic genes.
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by Reality3080: 10:24am On Apr 17
successmatters:
Which fuel station reduced prices?

We are still paying #710 here in Oshogbo
u igbos n impersonating

Na wah ooo

1 Like

Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by gotnel: 10:25am On Apr 17
ZombieTAMER:

Beautiful on paper

Nigerians factor is playing out here.
Once a commodity climb up the ladder in pricing, it is always difficult for us to bring it down.
Except the market factor and force play out.
Gradually, we will get the better parts of the situation.
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by Wolexyoshi(m): 10:26am On Apr 17
You people are just hate filled.

So with what you read through about Filling Station bringing price down, your own reasoning still tell you say that na paper talk abi. So may I ask, what will eventually happen that you will regard as reality??

Instead of you to call Nigerians out who still deliberately maintained the high cost of goods and services even when price of fuel is reducing and Naira appreciating against the US dollar.

Just Kontinue.

ZombieTAMER:

Beautiful on paper

1 Like

Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by Angelfrost(m): 10:27am On Apr 17
When I saw "from 640", I just knew this had to be pure propaganda...!

When last was Petrol or PMS sold less than 700 to 720 in most parts of Nigeria?!!

You guys still don't yet realize that this propaganda being dished out and helped on by self serving people like Reno Omokri won't do this administration any good in the long run.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari’s Health: President Should Speak To Nigerians From UK— NLC Breaks Silence / FRSC Officials In A Canoe Directing A Flooded Traffic / FG Clamps Down On Ray Power’s ‘Political Platform’; Imposes Fine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.