Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High (47487 Views)

Marketers Speak On New Fuel Price As Another Refinery To Release Products / Naira Jumps To 8-month High Of 1,120/$ As Dollars Flood Black Market / Expected Petrol Pump Price Drops To N114.53 Per Litre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by Shellsploit: 1:32pm On Apr 17
Litre of here in anambra is N690
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by ZombieTAMER: 1:35pm On Apr 17
Apel147:
Obi still won't be president 😜😜😜

Buhari ruled for eight years and you supported him throughout his tenure..

I guess he built a mansion for you in Abuja
And employed you in NNPc
grin grin grin
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by Olumaeme: 1:44pm On Apr 17
I bought 710 on Monday.
Propaganda people
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by 7lives: 1:55pm On Apr 17
Dennisochampa:
Obedients and other bitter enemies of Nigeria won't like this news at all...

They want a news That will make them abuse the government of Nigeria but una go wait Taya...
Both una and una principal... Una go wait till una grow grey hairs....
Nigeria will work again...
God will use whoever sits in aso rock to better Nigeria again....

You self think am now, bad news sells.
You want to run them out of business?.
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by CyracksMrBlogger(m): 2:34pm On Apr 17
CharleyBright:
Propaganda and Deceits are in the genes of APC and Tinubu supporters.
One of the criterias to qualify anyone to be APC member is that the person must be a prolific liar.

I would have expected this news to come with specific filling stations where these reduced pump prices are being sold, cos me I am still buying fuel at high prices.
I don't believe anything APC paid urchins churn out.
an interview from chinedu okonkwo? How is that an APC supporter?
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by tibk25(m): 2:42pm On Apr 17
Here in Abeokuta Ogun State, there is a different approach. The pomp price is rising as opposed to falling. I purchased #670 at Abiola Way Axis as of yesterday, April 16, 2024.
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by okeke6969: 2:44pm On Apr 17
Donaldoni:
Good news.
Thank God.
Piiiiggs won't like this

God will continue to punish you and your family.
Omo ale radarada.

1 Like

Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by okeke6969: 2:46pm On Apr 17
ManirBK:
God bless Tinubu

God bless Nigeria

God Punish the Wailers

God will continue to punish you and your entire family.
Omo ale jatijati.

1 Like

Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by DeepSight(m): 3:10pm On Apr 17
vannessa7:

At the bolded, the logic behind taking the dollar from 700 naira to 1900naira and the resultant outcome is all that matters, when it was 700, it was being heavily subsidized and Nigeria was basically sponsoring neighbouring countries through the fuel subsidy. The money needed to develop infrastructure were being used to subsidize fuel and we even started borrowing to meet up with subsidy payment. While you and I were getting deeply indebted due to the subsidized fuel, it was flavouring the rich as they have more cars and neighboring countries too who now turn around to tell us waka.

We were basically mortgaging our future to buy cheap fuel , but now with Tinubus reforms we are set free from subsidy induced indebtedness while the dollar value will still get lower and lower.
Borrowing to pay fuel subsidy is foolishness and counterproductive, we can borrow to develop infrastructure instead, a little bit of analysis is all you need to understand all this. Tinubu will develop Nigeria by God's grace, let's give him a chance

Sadly what you dont understand is the following -

1. There is ordinarily nothing wrong with subsidy - except the fact that it became corruptly bloated. The corruption , not the subsidy was the problem. To see this, simply reflect on the fact that the cost of subsidy jumped from under N300 billion to over 6 Trillion in a few short years. That should tell you everything you need to know - and show you that it was all about corruption. The subsidy was not the problem, Corruption was.

2. If you think monies saved from subsidy removal will be saved for infrastructure you simply dont know your country. Such monies will simply be stolen. That is exactly what is going to happen - just as with looted funds which are returned to Nigeria - they are only re-looted.

Both the subsidy removal and naira floatation were very ill thought out and worse, badly implemented.
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by Babaibeji2020(m): 3:13pm On Apr 17
Donaldoni:
Good news.
Thank God.
Piiiiggs won't like this
Since it coming from a goat 🐐,I believe you......

1 Like

Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by ruffneck(m): 4:05pm On Apr 17
who even said fuel is #660? something we dem dey sell #720

1 Like

Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by sexyto(m): 4:09pm On Apr 17
700 here in Akwa Ibom state oh.
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by mattb1(m): 6:13pm On Apr 17
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by Howlusholar(m): 6:13pm On Apr 17
It is always good to investigate before you accept or discredit a post publicly. Today in Ore, Ondo State, NNPC sells at 580 and Total at 626.

Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by Howlusholar(m): 6:17pm On Apr 17
This is pictorial evidence for Total filling station along Benin Shagamu expressway. Most travellers to the East fill up their tanks at these filling stations.

Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by Druss(m): 6:17pm On Apr 17
Errmm NNPC has been selling fuel for around 560+ naira for a long while now. Does this reporter not have a vehicle?
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by otokx(m): 6:22pm On Apr 17
Shellsploit:
Litre of here in anambra is N690

₦685 in my axis of Port Harcourt.
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by PHAYOL81: 8:31pm On Apr 17
This is the trend we aspire and we pray it continues dropping.
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by adekolaelect(m): 9:17pm On Apr 17
Stanleymaster1:
But price of commodities are not decreasing expecially food stuffs. The price of akpu and Eba is even ncreasing
bcs those thing are not dependent on Dollar but low production of foods in the country. Our population is increasing but our food production is at lower level.
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by CartelKenneth: 10:19pm On Apr 17
successmatters:
Which fuel station reduced prices?

We are still paying #710 here in Oshogbo

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ¦πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Osogbo koπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by CartelKenneth: 10:21pm On Apr 17
TemmyT002:
Even if it's #20, #30, #50, slash na slash
Useless people.

Na so e be for this godforsaken hell hole Na
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by Fearyourcreator: 11:00pm On Apr 17
ZombieTAMER:

That's what propaganda can do

Beautiful on paper

But a total different story in reality

This is the summary of Tinubu's presidency thus far

people are suffering out there
A bag of rice seems like a bag of gold
You community dey gba you...
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by Dwightventures(m): 1:29am On Apr 18
emkz:

Price hike of commodities had nothing to do with exchange rate in the first place. Sellers just used it as an excuse to hike prices. It is similar to landlords who increase rent of tenants when they hear that minimum wage has been increased.

Most of the goods have no dollar component, but sellers hike prices anyway.

Some of these sellers have associations and cooperatives where they decide to hike prices. Any seller who does not heed is blacklisted. Consumers should have such associations too. They can decide to contribute money and buy the things they need in bulk from village markets and share them. They can also forgo some items whose prices are hiked to force the sellers to drop prices. Social media can be used to have that conversation. Customers have the powers to kill the businesses of those sellers. They just don't know.

This is the most sensible comment I've heard from a Nigerian in a long time. Nigerians are full of hot air and no substance. Nairaland is a battlefield for tribal and sectional warriors.

There is something called Anti-trust laws in America and other sensible nations. The society understands that producers of goods and services should not gang up and fix prices. In Nigeria it is the way of life. In case you don't know it, that's how it has been from time immemorial. Especially in the transport industry. Otherwise many of these transporters would be out of business.

Only today, a few topics ago on nairaland I discovered that government actually has an agency created to prevent this. But of course the employees are there to make money to build personal houses and everything and if sabotaging the very reason for their existence is the way to "make it", then, all for it.

I've always said Nigerian and indeed black man's problem is that he isn't ready to develop his society. It is a human problem we have. According to how they say it here: "dey play".

What a shame to be identified with such a demographic
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by Apel147(m): 10:49am On Apr 18
And me I no d fear face that n why I d use my full chest use my original names across all my social media handles!!! Yes my name na Apel Orduen Emmanuel!!! Mtsweeeeeen 😜😜😜😜

Obi still won't be president!😜😜😜

This bitter Nollywood souls.. don't know who this is but it's obvious na one of una wey e d pain una say I no support pdp and Jonathan! Where your own mansion wey Jonathan, pdp and obi build for you for East and Abuja
Where una mediocre jobs the go sef! Mtsweeeeeen!

ZombieTAMER:

Buhari ruled for eight years and you supported him throughout his tenure..

I guess he built a mansion for you in Abuja
And employed you in NNPc
grin grin grin
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by ZombieTAMER: 2:16pm On Apr 18
Apel147:
And me I no d fear face that n why I d use my full chest use my original names across all my social media handles!!! Yes my name na Apel Orduen Emmanuel!!! Mtsweeeeeen 😜😜😜😜
Obi still won't be president!😜😜😜
This bitter Nollywood souls.. don't know who this is but it's obvious na one of una wey e d pain una say I no support pdp and Jonathan! Where your own mansion wey Jonathan, pdp and obi build for you for East and Abuja
Where una mediocre jobs the go sef! Mtsweeeeeen!

Yes ooo grin grin grin
Enjoy the renewed hope
just like you enjoyed change and the next level

grin grin grin
Tinubu till 2056
At the end, Agbadorians have their own different market where goods and services are cheap and affordable..
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by Apel147(m): 7:19pm On Apr 18
You are a pussy! Own up and reveal who your sorry ass is make I put u were u belong dumb! All this cheap ndi Abuja Nollywood film makers! Na me talk am with my full chest! You can now relate it back to your bleeped up clan of buffoons and clowns.. bloody cowardsπŸ–•

ZombieTAMER:

Yes ooo grin grin grin
Enjoy the renewed hope
just like you enjoyed change and the next level

grin grin grin
Tinubu till 2056
At the end, Agbadorians have their own different market where goods and services are cheap and affordable..
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by ZombieTAMER: 11:37am On Apr 19
Apel147:
You are a pussy! Own up and reveal who your sorry ass is make I put u were u belong dumb! All this cheap ndi Abuja Nollywood film makers! Na me talk am with my full chest! You can now relate it back to your bleeped up clan of buffoons and clowns.. bloody cowardsπŸ–•

olodo

you voted buhari twice to enjoy change grin

Vote Tinubu twice to enjoy renewed hope

but I tell you..on social media
a bag of 50kg rice will be 10k

in reality.. out there
it will be a different story
Enjoy grin renewed hope
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by Apel147(m): 10:49pm On Apr 19
Obi still won't be president pussy! 🀣😜😜😜

ZombieTAMER:

olodo

you voted buhari twice to enjoy change grin

Vote Tinubu twice to enjoy renewed hope

but I tell you..on social media
a bag of 50kg rice will be 10k

in reality.. out there
it will be a different story
Enjoy grin renewed hope
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by Titogbanski: 12:46am On Apr 23
For which petrol station?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

'Text' Received By Senators To Accompany Saraki To Corruption Trial - Sahara R. / Arthur Eze: β€˜Obiano Is A Small Fry’ / Osinbajo Stopped His Convoy To Engage Protesters That Blocked Road (Pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.