Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,130 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High (47489 Views)

Marketers Speak On New Fuel Price As Another Refinery To Release Products / Naira Jumps To 8-month High Of 1,120/$ As Dollars Flood Black Market / Expected Petrol Pump Price Drops To N114.53 Per Litre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by Mummiesboy: 10:28am On Apr 17
Donaldoni:
Good news.
Thank God.
Piiiiggs won't like this
Just this morning we bought at 720
Shun tribal sentiment and face reality
Na lsoko man dey yarn so
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by favor914: 10:32am On Apr 17
CharleyBright:
Propaganda and Deceits are in the genes of APC and Tinubu supporters.
One of the criterias to qualify anyone to be APC member is that the person must be a prolific liar.

I would have expected this news to come with specific filling stations where these reduced pump prices are being sold, cos me I am still buying fuel at high prices.
I don't believe anything APC paid urchins churn out.
Chinedu Okoronkwo, the former president of the Independent Petroleum Marketers Association of Nigeria (IPMAN) is an APC member abi?

2 Likes

Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by Callosobruchus: 10:32am On Apr 17
Nigeria will be great eventually.I believe.

1 Like

Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by favor914: 10:32am On Apr 17
Mummiesboy:
Just this morning we bought at 720
Shun tribal sentiment and face reality
Na lsoko man dey yarn so
Please use your common sense.

1 Like

Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by lapintoz: 10:33am On Apr 17
I know most of you children of hate don't think.....over $12 billion spent to clear fx backlog and pay off some obligations.....foreign reserves only dropped by $1.5 billion....

What are they using to defend the naira.....the skull of your ancestors ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Mumu

DeepSight:

You meet a price at 700, increase it to 1900 and your iddiot supporters praise you as a genius for reducing it to 1000. Daft, they can't see that all that has happened is an increase.

How daft must you be to fail to see that the government has simply swallowed it's vomit and is now defending the naira, contrary to its stupid decision to float it?

2 Likes

Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by adeoba2008(m): 10:34am On Apr 17
The ones in my area just increased pump price. It's now 695 per litre
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by odapey(m): 10:35am On Apr 17
Everything isnโ€™t propaganda. I swear to God, I bought fuel @ #580 per liter on Eid day last week. @ Ogbomoso NNPC STATION beside Lautech Teaching Hospital.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by nedekid: 10:35am On Apr 17
emkz:

Fertilizer is usually donated or sold at subsidized rates to farmers. The cost of fuel did not also increase during this period, especially diesel which is used by lorries to transport goods.

Most of our farming is subsistent agriculture.
Oga, just January this year diesel was โ‚ฆ1000-1040 per liter, I am not even talking of 1 year ago, but this year.
I know because I buy daily. Yesterday night I bought 100l at โ‚ฆ1445, this morning I am buying 300l.
As per most of our farming being subsistent agric, I will leave that to active farmers to explain to you. I have done farming 20 years ago and I had fuel cost, maybe they don't these days.

1 Like

Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by Mummiesboy: 10:36am On Apr 17
favor914:
Please use your common sense.
I just used mine, because I can see common sense is far from you
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by lapintoz: 10:36am On Apr 17
In your koroko eyes....you expected dollar to hit N5,000.....now it is N1,000.....

No matter how much you hate your country, God will put you and your likes to shame.....

Cry cry daddy......

tnerro1:
Story story, story

Propaganda does not run a country, the reality will say otherwise

2 Likes

Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by DeepSight(m): 10:39am On Apr 17
lapintoz:
I know most of you children of hate don't think.....over $12 billion spent to clear fx backlog and pay off some obligations.....foreign reserves only dropped by $1.5 billion....

What are they using to defend the naira.....the skull of your ancestors ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Mumu

Deceive yourself . . . .
https://twitter.com/BloombergAfrica/status/1780224897534325150

Facts are facts.
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by zoraro(m): 10:39am On Apr 17
Dennisochampa:
Obedients and other bitter enemies of Nigeria won't like this news at all...

They want a news That will make them abuse the government of Nigeria but una go wait Taya...
Both una and una principal... Una go wait till una grow grey hairs....
Nigeria will work again...
God will use whoever sits in aso rock to better Nigeria again....

Although I am not an Obidient or a bitter enemy of Nigeria, I think you and your kind are the real enemies of Nigeria. Supporting corruption and backwardness. angry
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by SirLakes: 10:39am On Apr 17
Where in Nigeria was the petrol price slashed

Okay ooo maybe in Agbado Petrol Station
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by SirLakes: 10:40am On Apr 17
odapey:
Everything isnโ€™t propaganda. I swear to God, I bought fuel @ #580 per liter on Eid day last week. @ Ogbomoso NNPC STATION beside Lautech Teaching Hospital.

I bought yesterday 690
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by DeepSight(m): 10:40am On Apr 17
lapintoz:

In your koroko eyes....you expected dollar to hit N5,000.....now it is N1,000.....

No matter how much you hate your country, God will put you and your likes to shame.....

Cry cry daddy......

Can you tell us why we are celebrating the dollar at N1, 000 when this govt met it at N700? What took it to N1,900 if not the irresponsible and thoughtless policies of this govt?

Olodo. You are born to suffer.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by xavuv: 10:41am On Apr 17
Lies and lies=propaganda
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by Trustyourself: 10:41am On Apr 17
AmazingGenius:

https://www.legit.ng/business-economy/energy/1587998-filling-stations-reduce-petrol-pump-price-naira-secures-exchange-rate/

Please mention the names of the filling stations and their locations if you are not doing your paid job here
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by DeepSight(m): 10:43am On Apr 17
emkz:

If we are in Abuja and we put money together and find alternative sources like Benue, Nasarawa or Plateau to buy these goods directly and cutting off the Abuja sellers, what would that do to demand from the Abuja sellers? If they do not want to lose, they'd be forced to review prices. We saw this in the Lagos-London route.

You are still missing the point. The point is that in major urban areas such efforts will not register in terms of demand. The demand figures operate in figures too high for such measures by small communities to have any impact. That is the point.

As for your age, congratulations Egbon Abraham Methuselah. I'd rather not father 90% of posters here. That would mean I have terrible and toxic genes.

I simply mean that ninety percent of posters here are air headed teenagers or think like air headed teenagers.

1 Like

Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by Dennisochampa: 10:43am On Apr 17
zoraro:

Although I am not an Obidient or a bitter enemy of Nigeria, I think you and your kind are the real enemies of Nigeria. Supporting corruption and backwardness. angry

So where is the corruption in this news??
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by tivta(m): 10:45am On Apr 17
successmatters:
Which fuel station reduced prices?

We are still paying #710 here in Oshogbo

Yours is even higher than here in the east i saw 695
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by tnerro1(m): 10:46am On Apr 17
lapintoz:

Cry cry daddy......

See how stupid you are. We Dey talk fuel reduction you dey talk dollars. I fit swear say u never even see 1000 dollars in your life. Mofu
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by favor914: 10:54am On Apr 17
Mummiesboy:
I just used mine, because I can see common sense is far from you
Isoko man indeed, na oleh you dey, wey the price never come down for there?
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by Aragon001: 10:55am On Apr 17
AmazingGenius:

https://www.legit.ng/business-economy/energy/1587998-filling-stations-reduce-petrol-pump-price-naira-secures-exchange-rate/
Una dey craze for head angry
I thought it have drop from 650 to 500 not knowing it just 20 to 40 naira difference, and some zombies will laud this as some great news. Who do Nigerians like this cry
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by favor914: 10:56am On Apr 17
Aragon001:

Una dey craze for head angry
I thought it have drop from 650 to 500 not knowing it just 20 to 40 naira difference, and some zombies will laud this as some great news. Who do Nigerians like this cry
You thought? Very funny.
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by BayoSteel: 10:57am On Apr 17
Brenbentondiaz:

Oshogbo in Abia State.
God will punish you for telling lies.. 700 4 ur own osun state Abi u Dey crazy!! No let thunder fire you for me o
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by emkz: 10:57am On Apr 17
DeepSight:

You are still missing the point. The point is that in major urban areas such efforts will not register in terms of demand. The demand figures operate in figures too high for such measures by small communities to have any impact. That is the point.

I get the point you are trying to make for large urban centers. I am also saying in small clusters, groups can cushion the effects through my suggestions. I have seen it work among junior lecturers in universities.

DeepSight:

I simply mean that ninety percent of posters here are air headed teenagers or think like air headed teenagers..

The more reason you should not associate yourself with fathering such.
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by starz100: 11:01am On Apr 17
Despite naira appreciation against the Dollar in recent weeks we are yet to witness a corresponding drop in food prices or other commodities.But if it were to be the the other way around,we will witness heightened prices.Nigeria economy is voodoo economy the more you look the less you see
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by emkz: 11:03am On Apr 17
nedekid:

Oga, just January this year diesel was โ‚ฆ1000-1040 per liter, I am not even talking of 1 year ago, but this year.
I know because I buy daily. Yesterday night I bought 100l at โ‚ฆ1445, this morning morning I am buying 300l.
As per most of our farming being subsistent agric, I will leave that to active farmers to explain to you. I have done farming 20 years ago and I had fuel cost, maybe they don't these days.

I farmed more than 30 years ago. The only costs were petrol and cost of clearing the land and hiring labour for weeding and harvesting. That was probably thrice over the course of the farming season.

We also applied fertilizer once and the over ten years, we didn't use fertilizer and we had high yields. We had a garden too where we planted other things like melon, vegetables, beans, cassava, and bitterleaf. Some of these people who hiked prices grew their crops at their backyards and did not spend the humongous sums to process their harvests.

The hike is 10% associated with dollars and 90% associated with wickedness!

1 Like

Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by zoraro(m): 11:08am On Apr 17
Dennisochampa:

So where is the corruption in this news??

The price reduction has absolutely nothing to do with the current dollar rate, I have been buying fuel for 605 Naira for more than two weeks now in Mobil stations in Lagos.
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by forerunner022(m): 11:09am On Apr 17
ZombieTAMER:

That's what propaganda can do

Beautiful on paper

A total different story in reality

This is the summary of Tinubu's presidency thus far

people are suffering out there
A bag of rice seems like a bag of gold
Apart from the fact that the government is not doing much to monitor price control system. Our people are greedy folks who like to prey on fellow country men. Prices of goods and commodities hardly reduce even when is obvious that the exchange rate has decreased significantly compared to what we have before. Na so our things dey be
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by Geovanni412(m): 11:09am On Apr 17
Faiththatworks:
Welcome to Tinubumonics,the only Nigerian President to Bring down the Dollar,also Crashing the price of Petrol,Diesel, Aviation Fuel and Kerosene.
I keep saying The battle for the Soul of Nigeria has started,and I'm sure Asiwaju will triumph.
Asiwaju is a Genius and he has assembled a stellar cast of very intelligent people around him.
Some months ago, precisely in December when one of his advisers said the Price of the Dollar will crash to around 800-950, some Nigerians made fun of him and taunted him,but Today his prophecy is being proved Right.
I daresay Shame on those prophets of Baal who were predicting 2000 to a Dollar,and I prophesie it's just the beginning.
Some days ago, the NNPCL made an earth shaking announcement that didn't really gain traction as I expected,Crude oil sales will soon be done in a combination of Naira and Dollars,this is what I call the Final coffin in the Nail of Dollar speculators.
Buying Crude oil in Naira is what I call a game changer,the Modular refineries will soon start roaring to life,and I daresay Diesel, Aviation fuel will soon fall to less than 700 naira.
The demand by these Refineries for Usd is gone and this will allow more forex to remain in the Country.
For those still listening to Olodo Economist like Aisha Yesufu,I implore you to quickly dispose of your Dollars if you are a speculator,the fall of the Dollar will be massive and heart wrenching.
Nigeria is back to Business.
God bless Asiwaju
God bless Nigeria.

I don't understand why you are celebrating

Has price of drugs or foodstuff reduced?

Has unemployment rate, interest rate or inflation rate reduced?

These are the real indices to check if economic policies are working.

1 Like

Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by Prisco4luv(m): 11:11am On Apr 17
Here is 650

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Osinbajo Stopped His Convoy To Engage Protesters That Blocked Road (Pics, Video) / Arthur Eze: โ€˜Obiano Is A Small Fryโ€™ / Lamido & Sons To Be Remanded In Kano Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.