Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,149 members, 7,815,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High (47488 Views)

Marketers Speak On New Fuel Price As Another Refinery To Release Products / Naira Jumps To 8-month High Of 1,120/$ As Dollars Flood Black Market / Expected Petrol Pump Price Drops To N114.53 Per Litre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by Cindypresh(f): 11:12am On Apr 17
AcMilano1:

You are deceiving yourself, petrol price is between 580/640 in south west

Pictures
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by Pitto: 11:15am On Apr 17
Rather, there is increase in the price in my area. Couple with artificial scarcity.
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by Mandate1: 11:16am On Apr 17
Faiththatworks:
Welcome to Tinubumonics,the only Nigerian President to Bring down the Dollar,also Crashing the price of Petrol,Diesel, Aviation Fuel and Kerosene.
I keep saying The battle for the Soul of Nigeria has started,and I'm sure Asiwaju will triumph.
Asiwaju is a Genius and he has assembled a stellar cast of very intelligent people around him.
Some months ago, precisely in December when one of his advisers said the Price of the Dollar will crash to around 800-950, some Nigerians made fun of him and taunted him,but Today his prophecy is being proved Right.
I daresay Shame on those prophets of Baal who were predicting 2000 to a Dollar,and I prophesie it's just the beginning.
Some days ago, the NNPCL made an earth shaking announcement that didn't really gain traction as I expected,Crude oil sales will soon be done in a combination of Naira and Dollars,this is what I call the Final coffin in the Nail of Dollar speculators.
Buying Crude oil in Naira is what I call a game changer,the Modular refineries will soon start roaring to life,and I daresay Diesel, Aviation fuel will soon fall to less than 700 naira.
The demand by these Refineries for Usd is gone and this will allow more forex to remain in the Country.
For those still listening to Olodo Economist like Aisha Yesufu,I implore you to quickly dispose of your Dollars if you are a speculator,the fall of the Dollar will be massive and heart wrenching.
Nigeria is back to Business.
God bless Asiwaju
God bless Nigeria.
go and buy fuel first sir.
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by ZombieTAMER: 11:17am On Apr 17
tunjijones:

So it's Tinubu that will make greedy business people reduce their prices?

All of Una dey craze

You never heard of a price regulatory agency
what exactly do you think is Government's job

zombies supported Buhari more than this for eight years, do more
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by Lithiumite: 11:17am On Apr 17
ZombieTAMER:

That's what propaganda can do

Beautiful on paper

A total different story in reality

This is the summary of Tinubu's presidency thus far

people are suffering out there
A bag of rice seems like a bag of gold

How much is fuel sold per litre in your area and also how much is a bag of rice , you mentioned?it's as clear as day that prices of things are gradually coming down....if you haven't seen this all around you,then you are immune to good things

1 Like

Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by Xkay29(m): 11:18am On Apr 17
I bought @615 at old garage Total filling station,
Osogbo last week.
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by Bbbwings: 11:19am On Apr 17
Apc shit.
Una don chop 60k rice finish grin
Dollar don be 900naira
Please where dem dey seel petrol less than 640.

Ogun lo ma pa yin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by Lithiumite: 11:19am On Apr 17
Chikel20000:
Food stuff is still not even coming down aside noodles....

Rice is now between 45k to 52k depending where you are living....stop lying and accept the truth.
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by ksauthenticoi: 11:19am On Apr 17
Stanleymaster1:
But price of commodities are not decreasing expecially food stuffs. The price of akpu and Eba is even ncreasing

Government can't influence akpu price but you, as a learned person can educate the akpu seller. Let's stop misinformation
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by rapheal5(m): 11:20am On Apr 17
Ensa777:
Bought #700 in Aba yesterday.You ppl should soft-pedal on propaganda.

That's how I went to price Rice as I heard the price is now down to #56000 according to APC handlers not knowing it's a lie.
58k for my area in ogun state, some,places 62k
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by Bbbwings: 11:20am On Apr 17
Lithiumite:

Rice is now between 45k to 52k depending where you are living....stop lying and accept the truth.
Ogun lo ma payin.
Na you dey buy am 52k

1 Like

Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by Holluwhakemmy(f): 11:25am On Apr 17
successmatters:
Which fuel station reduced prices?

We are still paying #710 here in Oshogbo
it is a lie it's 650
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by vannessa7(f): 11:29am On Apr 17
DeepSight:

Can you tell us why we are celebrating the dollar at N1, 000 when this govt met it at N700? What took it to N1,900 if not the irresponsible and thoughtless policies of this govt?

Olodo. You are born to suffer.

At the bolded, the logic behind taking the dollar from 700 naira to 1900naira and the resultant outcome is all that matters, when it was 700, it was being heavily subsidized and Nigeria was basically sponsoring neighbouring countries through the fuel subsidy. The money needed to develop infrastructure were being used to subsidize fuel and we even started borrowing to meet up with subsidy payment. While you and I were getting deeply indebted due to the subsidized fuel, it was flavouring the rich as they have more cars and neighboring countries too who now turn around to tell us waka.

We were basically mortgaging our future to buy cheap fuel , but now with Tinubus reforms we are set free from subsidy induced indebtedness while the dollar value will still get lower and lower.
Borrowing to pay fuel subsidy is foolishness and counterproductive, we can borrow to develop infrastructure instead, a little bit of analysis is all you need to understand all this. Tinubu will develop Nigeria by God's grace, let's give him a chance
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by robinso01(m): 11:42am On Apr 17
Sold at #580 at nnpc in my area, the rest are #650
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by toneawe(m): 11:50am On Apr 17
AmazingGenius:

https://www.legit.ng/business-economy/energy/1587998-filling-stations-reduce-petrol-pump-price-naira-secures-exchange-rate/
Naira appreciated significantly but pump price depreciated insignificantly. God will help us. Wen naira falls a little, prices will skyrocket but wen naira appreciates much, prices of commodities hardly go down in Nigeria
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by Trizzyy(m): 11:52am On Apr 17
Tenubulation, dishing out lies like the devil.
Reduction of prices at Apc filling stations nation wide, nonsense
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by Mummiesboy: 12:03pm On Apr 17
favor914:
Isoko man indeed, na oleh you dey, wey the price never come down for there?
Na only Oleh b d only community for isoko land? Why I no asked weder Na emevor or ozoro, oyede, iyede even irri I dey?
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by favor914: 12:12pm On Apr 17
Mummiesboy:
Na only Oleh b d only community for isoko land? Why I no asked weder Na emevor or ozoro, oyede, iyede even irri I dey?
Wetin affect Oleh affect emevor or ozoro, oyede, iyede & irri.

Even affect Ughelli & Sapele.
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by Hyinkar97(m): 12:12pm On Apr 17
I still bought 650 this morning

Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by YourKarma: 12:24pm On Apr 17
Dennisochampa:
Obedients and other bitter enemies of Nigeria won't like this news at all...

They want a news That will make them abuse the government of Nigeria but una go wait Taya...
Both una and una principal... Una go wait till una grow grey hairs....
Nigeria will work again...
God will use whoever sits in aso rock to better Nigeria again....

Everyone is obidients to una, you get sense at all? Have you bought fuel anywhere at 640? Na waa o
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by YourKarma: 12:26pm On Apr 17
Hyinkar97:
I still bought 650 this morning

Most fuel stations sell at 700. Even AA Rani, one of the biggest retailers sell at 685
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by Emeka71(m): 12:39pm On Apr 17
emkz:

Price hike of commodities had nothing to do with exchange rate in the first place. Sellers just used it as an excuse to hike prices. It is similar to landlords who increase rent of tenants when they hear that minimum wage has been increased.

Most of the goods have no dollar component, but sellers hike prices anyway.

Some of these sellers have associations and cooperatives where they decide to hike prices. Any seller who does not heed is blacklisted. Consumers should have such associations too. They can decide to contribute money and buy the things they need in bulk from village markets and share them. They can also forgo some items whose prices are hiked to force the sellers to drop prices. Social media can be used to have that conversation. Customers have the powers to kill the businesses of those sellers. They just don't know.
On point.
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by true4dtruth: 12:41pm On Apr 17
Don't be a zombie, talk to the market people that suddenly increased the price when dollar went up and refused to reduce thesame price even when Naira appreciated...don't always blame your leaders for for the agony your neighbor is doing to you! talk to the people involved directly...or you expect the presidency to start talking to the pepper seller, groundnut seller, vegetable sellers..going from on emarket or the other and begging them to reduce their prices? be wise pls.!!!
ZombieTAMER:

Beautiful on paper

Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by bentenny(m): 12:42pm On Apr 17
When I heard slash, I was expecting 640 to 450 or 500!
Abeg make una take am easy with una propaganda
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by Mummiesboy: 12:43pm On Apr 17
favor914:
Wetin affect Oleh affect emevor or ozoro, oyede, iyede & irri.

Even affect Ughelli & Sapele.
Ok I hear but still on still we never dey feel am
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by Apel147(m): 12:59pm On Apr 17
Obi still won't be president ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ

ZombieTAMER:

Beautiful on paper

Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by ZombieTAMER: 1:01pm On Apr 17
true4dtruth:
Don't be a zombie, talk to the market people that suddenly increased the price when dollar went up and refused to reduce thesame price even when Naira appreciated...don't always blame your leaders for for the agony your neighbor is doing to you! talk to the people involved directly...or you expect the presidency to start talking to the pepper seller, groundnut seller, vegetable sellers..going from on emarket or the other and begging them to reduce their prices? be wise pls.!!!

There's what is called a price regulatory agency
individuals not go about the market square to coordinate prices..

Zombies don't know this though

they defend Buhari and Tinubu on social media
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by Obaranje: 1:06pm On Apr 17
emkz:

Price hike of commodities had nothing to do with exchange rate in the first place. Sellers just used it as an excuse to hike prices. It is similar to landlords who increase rent of tenants when they hear that minimum wage has been increased.

Most of the goods have no dollar component, but sellers hike prices anyway.

Some of these sellers have associations and cooperatives where they decide to hike prices. Any seller who does not heed is blacklisted. Consumers should have such associations too. They can decide to contribute money and buy the things they need in bulk from village markets and share them. They can also forgo some items whose prices are hiked to force the sellers to drop prices. Social media can be used to have that conversation. Customers have the powers to kill the businesses of those sellers. They just don't know.
dollar is not the issue when it comes to food price

The issue is have bandit stop collecting harvesting Levy from our farmers?

Are the farms now save to cultivate?

Have Fulani militias stopped ransacking village thereby preventing farmers to go to farms?

What is ahead of us is bigger than we think. They will be food scarcity sooner than later if all this problems are not tackled

Farmers need to return to farm with out being scared of kidnaping and being killed by bandit

Dollar does not control food price but insecurities do
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by Lithiumite: 1:16pm On Apr 17
Bbbwings:

Ogun lo ma payin.
Na you dey buy am 52k

Oga!! Go market go see with your eyes.....just yesterday we just ordered rice from abakaliki to Lagos......we are planning to sell for less than 58k
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by komzy589(m): 1:22pm On Apr 17
Faiththatworks:
Welcome to Tinubumonics,the only Nigerian President to Bring down the Dollar,also Crashing the price of Petrol,Diesel, Aviation Fuel and Kerosene.
I keep saying The battle for the Soul of Nigeria has started,and I'm sure Asiwaju will triumph.
Asiwaju is a Genius and he has assembled a stellar cast of very intelligent people around him.
Some months ago, precisely in December when one of his advisers said the Price of the Dollar will crash to around 800-950, some Nigerians made fun of him and taunted him,but Today his prophecy is being proved Right.
I daresay Shame on those prophets of Baal who were predicting 2000 to a Dollar,and I prophesie it's just the beginning.
Some days ago, the NNPCL made an earth shaking announcement that didn't really gain traction as I expected,Crude oil sales will soon be done in a combination of Naira and Dollars,this is what I call the Final coffin in the Nail of Dollar speculators.
Buying Crude oil in Naira is what I call a game changer,the Modular refineries will soon start roaring to life,and I daresay Diesel, Aviation fuel will soon fall to less than 700 naira.
The demand by these Refineries for Usd is gone and this will allow more forex to remain in the Country.
For those still listening to Olodo Economist like Aisha Yesufu,I implore you to quickly dispose of your Dollars if you are a speculator,the fall of the Dollar will be massive and heart wrenching.
Nigeria is back to Business.
God bless Asiwaju
God bless Nigeria.
The price of every essential commodity he met is far more than what they use to be and you are singing his praises.
God will reward you and your generation. This is funny to you Abi!
Telling lies and promoting a government that has brought suffering to people.
Mark my word. Your enemies will be allowed to destroy you just as you are singing the praises of someone that is destroying Nigeria.
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by callmenazarene: 1:24pm On Apr 17
...great feat indeed. Foolish people everywhere. Thunder fire all our tormentors ijmn
Re: Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High by ZombieTAMER: 1:24pm On Apr 17
Dennisochampa:
Obedients and other bitter enemies of Nigeria won't like this news at all...

They want a news That will make them abuse the government of Nigeria but una go wait Taya...
Both una and una principal... Una go wait till una grow grey hairs....
Nigeria will work again...
God will use whoever sits in aso rock to better Nigeria again....

Just like he used Buhari you supported for eight years

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Arthur Eze: โ€˜Obiano Is A Small Fryโ€™ / Osinbajo Stopped His Convoy To Engage Protesters That Blocked Road (Pics, Video) / Lamido & Sons To Be Remanded In Kano Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.