Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

What It Means When The Court Grants Bail In The Sum Of N20m Or Any Other Amount - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / What It Means When The Court Grants Bail In The Sum Of N20m Or Any Other Amount (37551 Views)

Airman Arraigned For Theft Of N20m Mistakenly Credited To His Account / EFCC Detains 3 Fake Nigerian Oil Suppliers For Defrauding Ghanaian Of N20m (pics / Man Jailed For 77 Years For Posing As A ‘spirit’ To Defraud Man Of N20m (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What It Means When The Court Grants Bail In The Sum Of N20m Or Any Other Amount by ejieddy: 10:09pm On Apr 17
Available9:
Please educate them

Let me add my voice

Granting someone bail at any amount simply means that the person who will stand as surety to the accused must be ready to pay that amount when the accused runs away before the conclusion of the case, meaning the surety is not even paying any money before the release of the accused...even cubana doesn't know the meaning of bail, hence he wouldn't have posted that "money na water "...no one paid any money...it is simply a condition should the accused runs away

I bet 99.9 % of nairalanders do not know this

Thanks for this education. Me I thought you will cough out the money before they let you go. I was saying government don hammer be dt o grin
Re: What It Means When The Court Grants Bail In The Sum Of N20m Or Any Other Amount by Billmos: 10:09pm On Apr 17
jUeLiZ :WHAT IT MEANS WHEN THE COURT GRANTS BAIL IN THE SUM OF 20M, 50M, 30, 000 OR ANY OTHER AMOUNT.

You see generally bail is a contract/agreement between a defendant (commonly called an accused person) and the court that the defendant will have a temporary liberty (right to move freely) pending his trial and shall appear in court throughout the trial. The agreement is normally in written form and is called a “bail bond”

The bail bond normally stipulates that the defendant cannot be released until he brings a surety (someone who will assure the court that the defendant would always be in court). The terms may also include a requirement that the surety must be someone who has money worth certain amount, example 50M. THIS HOWEVER DOES NOT MEAN that the defendant SHALL pay the 50M as a condition for his release. No! What it means is that if the defendant jumps bail (fails to appear in court when required and as agreed upon in the bail bond without cogent reason), his surety shall forfeit the money. But if he appears in court all the time, the money remains his own.

By reason of the foregoing, whenever you hear that someone had been granted 10M bail, know that what the court means is that anyone who is to stand as a surety to the defendant must afford 10M and shall forfeit the 10M Naira if the defendant jumps bail. Simple!

- O. G. Chukka

Correct is like u get bsc in law bro??
Re: What It Means When The Court Grants Bail In The Sum Of N20m Or Any Other Amount by danilo16(m): 10:10pm On Apr 17
chukseric504869:
you don't know what you are saying, allow people that know educate you

This is the correct version. Fulfilling this is what is called meeting the bail condition. In several instances, you hear that someone is granted bail but failed to meet the conditions. The money is actually deposited with the court registry (in the case where money is the only condition)

1 Like

Re: What It Means When The Court Grants Bail In The Sum Of N20m Or Any Other Amount by danilo16(m): 10:12pm On Apr 17
Kelklein:

Wrong.. the money is deposited with Court registrar or clerk as the case may be..

It's not after the person defaulted.

At the end of the trial the money is returned as long as the bailed person did not jump the bail.

This is the correct version. Fulfilling this is what is called meeting the bail condition. In several instances, you hear that someone is granted bail but failed to meet the conditions. The money is actually deposited with the court registry (in the case where money is the only condition)

1 Like

Re: What It Means When The Court Grants Bail In The Sum Of N20m Or Any Other Amount by Anabosee(m): 10:12pm On Apr 17
Saintganduje:
You will land in court soon.
BACK TO SENDER
Re: What It Means When The Court Grants Bail In The Sum Of N20m Or Any Other Amount by triplechoice(m): 10:14pm On Apr 17
ceejay80s:
Bail is different from surety
U will bail urself and bring surety of like some Incase u disappear

No. You can't bail yourself. That only happens in Nigerian police stations where you're forced to pay money for bail.
Re: What It Means When The Court Grants Bail In The Sum Of N20m Or Any Other Amount by chukseric504869: 10:14pm On Apr 17
[quote author=ppogba post=129494450]

Being granted bail is within the right of an accused except if for serious offences like murder, terrorism or the rest.

Bobrisky was granted bail.
Get your fact right. The question is was he able to meet the bail condition?

Being granted bail DOES not mean an accused has escaped jail sentence.[/quote Get your fact right.Bobrisky was not granted bail because he pleaded guilty on the day he was arraigned in court.do you know the meaning of 'bail'?how can someone that pleaded guilty be granted bail.he was just kept in EFCC custody to enable judge prepare final judgement on him.on a normal,judgement suppose to be passed on him instantly as he pleaded guilty and as such no room for even bail.

2 Likes

Re: What It Means When The Court Grants Bail In The Sum Of N20m Or Any Other Amount by GindoX(m): 10:14pm On Apr 17
techub:
It simply means that you have brought your forgiveness for ₦20M

Is like na only one make sense grin
Re: What It Means When The Court Grants Bail In The Sum Of N20m Or Any Other Amount by StJasper(m): 10:15pm On Apr 17
jUeLiZ:
WHAT IT MEANS WHEN THE COURT GRANTS BAIL IN THE SUM OF 20M, 50M, 30, 000 OR ANY OTHER AMOUNT.

You see generally bail is a contract/agreement between a defendant (commonly called an accused person) and the court that the defendant will have a temporary liberty (right to move freely) pending his trial and shall appear in court throughout the trial. The agreement is normally in written form and is called a “bail bond”

The bail bond normally stipulates that the defendant cannot be released until he brings a surety (someone who will assure the court that the defendant would always be in court). The terms may also include a requirement that the surety must be someone who has money worth certain amount, example 50M. THIS HOWEVER DOES NOT MEAN that the defendant SHALL pay the 50M as a condition for his release. No! What it means is that if the defendant jumps bail (fails to appear in court when required and as agreed upon in the bail bond without cogent reason), his surety shall forfeit the money. But if he appears in court all the time, the money remains his own.

By reason of the foregoing, whenever you hear that someone had been granted 10M bail, know that what the court means is that anyone who is to stand as a surety to the defendant must afford 10M and shall forfeit the 10M Naira if the defendant jumps bail. Simple!

- O. G. Chukkol.

#Copied

You are wrong!!!

The surety must deposit the money with the court and the money will only be refunded to the surety if the defendant obeys all the bail terms.

2 Likes

Re: What It Means When The Court Grants Bail In The Sum Of N20m Or Any Other Amount by triplechoice(m): 10:15pm On Apr 17
danilo16:

Not true. No money is deposited in any court registry.
Re: What It Means When The Court Grants Bail In The Sum Of N20m Or Any Other Amount by chukseric504869: 10:16pm On Apr 17
[quote author=ppogba post=129494450]

Being granted bail is within the right of an accused except if for serious offences like murder, terrorism or the rest.

Bobrisky was granted bail.
Get your fact right. The question is was he able to meet the bail condition?

Being granted bail DOES not mean an accused has escaped jail sentence.[/quote /)Get your fact right.Bobrisky was not granted bail because he pleaded guilty on the day he was arraigned in court.do you know the meaning of 'bail'?how can someone that pleaded guilty be granted bail.he was just kept in EFCC custody to enable judge prepare final judgement on him.on a normal,judgement suppose to be passed on him instantly as he pleaded guilty and as such no room for even bail.
Re: What It Means When The Court Grants Bail In The Sum Of N20m Or Any Other Amount by triplechoice(m): 10:17pm On Apr 17
You don't deposit money
Re: What It Means When The Court Grants Bail In The Sum Of N20m Or Any Other Amount by harisclub: 10:19pm On Apr 17
It makes sense now. I didn't know this before. Thx very much for the explanation
Re: What It Means When The Court Grants Bail In The Sum Of N20m Or Any Other Amount by ppogba: 10:20pm On Apr 17
[quote author=chukseric504869 post=129495144][/quote]

Oga, Bobrisky was granted administrative bail but did not meet the bail condition.

Google is your friend and don't argue was is in public domain.

Good night

1 Like

Re: What It Means When The Court Grants Bail In The Sum Of N20m Or Any Other Amount by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 10:22pm On Apr 17
johnog4sure:

Yes very correct, nonentity drug pusher and sniffer who falsify age...
What we should do is eliminate dem, like hitler did in the 1940s starve them attention, weda political or social nonentities, abi no be so?

Sure Bro ..very sure , people like Huspupi....what's his original name Sef

So many nonentities to eliminate.....Hitler can't just wipe out the West just like that....

Better, starve them as they shout "Hunger" all over the place..

You are a correct guan....more corns to you bro to have a blast of reasoning....
Re: What It Means When The Court Grants Bail In The Sum Of N20m Or Any Other Amount by Yeancahmie007(m): 10:24pm On Apr 17
Thanks for the enlightenment, Bob is a fool, why did he plead guilty plus he did not have anybody who is worth N180m when he was first granted bail. And why was his bail requirement different from Herbalist's own?

1 Like

Re: What It Means When The Court Grants Bail In The Sum Of N20m Or Any Other Amount by dapadawee: 10:24pm On Apr 17
Available9:
Please educate them

Let me add my voice

Granting someone bail at any amount simply means that the person who will stand as surety to the accused must be ready to pay that amount when the accused runs away before the conclusion of the case, meaning the surety is not even paying any money before the release of the accused...even cubana doesn't know the meaning of bail, hence he wouldn't have posted that "money na water "...no one paid any money...it is simply a condition should the accused runs away

Mumu as if you are correct
Copy and paste
Re: What It Means When The Court Grants Bail In The Sum Of N20m Or Any Other Amount by faceland: 10:31pm On Apr 17
Thanks for the clarification.

I can go to Nigerian prison to save 10m (even though I know just one month there would affect someone badly for life).

Please, let's stop pretending. We all know why Bobrisky is in jail, just warn the other guys and we move on. It was fake money, let the persecutor go and prove it was real money.
Re: What It Means When The Court Grants Bail In The Sum Of N20m Or Any Other Amount by faceland: 10:34pm On Apr 17
Yeancahmie007:
Thanks for the enlightenment, Bob is a fool, why did he plead guilty plus he did not have anybody who is worth N180m when he was first granted bail. And why was his bail requirement different from Herbalist's own?

Bob knows people but they are probably on the down low.
Re: What It Means When The Court Grants Bail In The Sum Of N20m Or Any Other Amount by johnog4sure: 10:35pm On Apr 17
ArcSEMPECJ:

Sure Bro ..very sure , people like Huspupi....what's his original name Sef

So many nonentities to eliminate.....Hitler can't just wipe out the West just like that....

Better, starve them as they shout "Hunger" all over the place..

You are a correct guan....more corns to you bro to have a blast of reasoning....
I for collect the corn, but Iam not an agbodorian, dey must all die sha, as dey no get sense
Re: What It Means When The Court Grants Bail In The Sum Of N20m Or Any Other Amount by faceland: 10:38pm On Apr 17
If we re to send a strong message.

Then they should free that man so everyone understand that what is culturally unacceptable should not be posted all over the internet (or promoted).

I feel sorry for Bobrisky. He would never be the same again. Hope they free him after a few weeks for good behavior. Nigerian prison is hell (not to mention a transgender).
Re: What It Means When The Court Grants Bail In The Sum Of N20m Or Any Other Amount by Xpol: 10:38pm On Apr 17
Some of you are just misleading others.

Take for example Nnamdi kanu case, that senator paid 100m or so in cash before Kanu was released. When he jumped bail he was even demanding his money back claiming it was the fg that made him ran away.

When a court grants you 20m naira bail you'll pay that money to the bank account before you can be released, sometimes the judge will mention the particular account the money will be paid into in most cases other conditions will be attached to it like your surety must worth a certain amount, have houses in a certain area, be a level 16 or a director in the federal civil servant.

So you must fulfill all the conditions before your bail can be perfected

1 Like

Re: What It Means When The Court Grants Bail In The Sum Of N20m Or Any Other Amount by Tapout(m): 10:39pm On Apr 17
Available9:
Please educate them

Let me add my voice

He posted that before the trial, not after.

1 Like

Re: What It Means When The Court Grants Bail In The Sum Of N20m Or Any Other Amount by Dpaulie(m): 10:40pm On Apr 17
Divine15:

Don't let jealousy blind you, Chiefpriest has always used "Money na Water" as his end signature on most of his recent posts.
Then used at a wrong time then

1 Like

Re: What It Means When The Court Grants Bail In The Sum Of N20m Or Any Other Amount by faceland: 10:42pm On Apr 17
Meanwhile, we don't have electricity or fuel o... Work is suffering. I am even in debt.

Government, which way❓😟
Re: What It Means When The Court Grants Bail In The Sum Of N20m Or Any Other Amount by MaziX(m): 10:46pm On Apr 17
tunjijones:
This bail you are talking about and the one police use to collect in police station, are they the same?
lol
Re: What It Means When The Court Grants Bail In The Sum Of N20m Or Any Other Amount by prophetfire: 10:53pm On Apr 17
Available9:
Please educate them

Let me add my voice

I tried very hard to educate all this ignorant fools making noise in Nairaland about this sometimes ago, but I was baffled that some were arguing with me that the money is always paid as it's done in police stations illegal bail payment.
The sort of blockheads you have in this Nairaland is out of this world.

1 Like

Re: What It Means When The Court Grants Bail In The Sum Of N20m Or Any Other Amount by prophetfire: 10:55pm On Apr 17
tunjijones:
This bail you are talking about and the one police use to collect in police station, are they the same?
Absolutely not!! Police stations bail money payment is illegal and you can report any police stations that does that and they would be punished. That's if the authorities are interested in doing so.
It's illegal to pay money for bail.
Re: What It Means When The Court Grants Bail In The Sum Of N20m Or Any Other Amount by experience16: 10:58pm On Apr 17
StJasper:

You are wrong!!!

The surety must deposit the money with the court and the money will only be refunded to the surety if the defendant obeys all the bail terms.

You are the one who is wrong. You don't deposit any money with the registrar, your surety must provide bank statements to show that he has that kind of money in the bank. Other things include tax clearance if needed, to show that you are a tax abiding citizen of the country and also property to show that you reside in the state where the case is being adjudicated or heard.
Re: What It Means When The Court Grants Bail In The Sum Of N20m Or Any Other Amount by Birminghamvirgo(m): 11:02pm On Apr 17
Available9:
Please educate them

Let me add my voice

Kuku mention my name! Anyways, thanks to the OP for enlightening me.

1 Like

Re: What It Means When The Court Grants Bail In The Sum Of N20m Or Any Other Amount by experience16: 11:04pm On Apr 17
Xpol:
Some of you are just misleading others.

Take for example Nnamdi kanu case, that senator paid 100m or so in cash before Kanu was released. When he jumped bail he was even demand his money back claiming it was the fg that maid him ran away.

When a court grants you 20m naira bail you'll pay that money to the bank account before you can be released, sometimes the judge will mention the particular account the money will be paid into in most cases other conditions will be attached to it like your surety must worth a certain amount, have houses in a certain area, be a level 16 or a director in the federal civil servant.

So you must fulfill all the conditions before your bail can be perfected

Don't mislead anybody here! Have you ever stood as surety for anyone in the court of law? If not , don't say what you don't know
Re: What It Means When The Court Grants Bail In The Sum Of N20m Or Any Other Amount by Xpol: 11:06pm On Apr 17
StJasper:

You are wrong!!!

No mind them, they'll just be forming know it all on what they know nothing about. no be here we dey when Abaribe lost 100m or na 150m he use bail Kanu.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Samuel Elias Commits Suicide! UNN Final Year Student Drinks Sniper / Man, 34, Defiles Neighbour’s One-year-old Child In Lagos / 12-Year-Old Boy Shoots His 15-Year-Old Girlfriend Dead In Jigawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.