Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,702 members, 7,813,319 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:44 AM

Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day (42381 Views)

₦1,136 To ₦1,148: Naira Records First Depreciation Against Dollar In Months / Naira Gains Against Dollar, Trades At N1113/$ At The P2P Market / Naira Gains As Politicians Pump ‘election Dollars’ Into Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by Great100000: 9:41pm On Apr 17
The naira has appreciated by N75.4 against the US dollar in a single day to bounce back in the foreign exchange market.

FMDQ data showed that the naira appreciated to N1,072.74 per dollar on Wednesday, compared to N1,148.14 recorded on Tuesday.

This represents a 6.56 per cent appreciation on a day-to-day basis.

Similarly, the parallel market appreciated to N1,040 per dollar in the parallel market on Wednesday from N1,100 per dollar on Tuesday.

The naira recorded an N60 gain against the dollar on the black market.

The development comes barely 24 hours after the naira recorded its first depreciation since March 2024.

https://dailypost.ng/2024/04/17/naira-gains-n75-against-dollar-in-single-day/

41 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by MrProlific95: 9:42pm On Apr 17
Propaganda, Dangote refinery shud do amd start selling PMS

64 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by ojun50(m): 9:46pm On Apr 17
But why food stuff prices no dey come down

151 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by McCoy662(m): 9:51pm On Apr 17
Nice! Nigeria is way richer than Ghana and other African countries; an exchange rate of less than #50 to a $ is possible.

57 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by mobisonkk2: 9:52pm On Apr 17
Oya, emergency lovers of Nigeria come oo e don happen again.

They will come and remind you how Nigeria is defending naira, like Nigeria should be defending dirharm.

91 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by mobisonkk2: 9:55pm On Apr 17
You are a daft imp. Who is responsible for bringing down prices of good and services? The government of greedy people as yourself? Well, last month I bought I ton of TMT reinforcement bars @ 1.4m per ton and today I bought for 900k per ton and it's going down.

You can keep crying.

ojun50:

102 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by Paraman: 10:01pm On Apr 17
Shame on obidients. look at one of them comment below yesterday when the naira loss against the dollar

Ezeama0:
The way dollar will jump 🦘🦘🦘 back to 2000 like a kangaroo will be brutal this time because what they have been doing is artificial depreciation of the dollar. Once the reserves they used in servicing the forex finishes, it will go back to high. It's not the first time, Buhari did the same thing. That's the reason Nigerian foreign reserves went down recently. If the naira is naturally appreciating against the dollar, it will instantly reflect on the prices of Products in the country

Have you asked yourself why dollar is going down yet prices of goods in the market are going up ? Where does such thing happen ?

The only thing that can make Naira to gain naturally is high exportation/productivity, unfortunately Nigeria as a country depends and relies so much on importation..

FG should stop deceiving the guilible masses ..

Nigerians deserve to know the truth

Nigerians deserve better..

Enough of these lies and deceits by the FG undecided undecided

70 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by JAOS(m): 10:01pm On Apr 17
then tell dangote group and nnpcl to reduce the price of their diesel and petrol since naira is gaining you people should stop defending useless government

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by ojun50(m): 10:10pm On Apr 17
mobisonkk2:
You are a daft imp. Who is responsible for bringing down prices of good and services? The government of greedy people as yourself? Well, last month I bought I ton of TMT reinforcement bars @ 1.4m per ton and today I bought for 900k per ton and it's going down.

You can keep crying.

When you are done 😭😂 let me know

You go explain tire

71 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by Switruth: 10:12pm On Apr 17
mobisonkk2:

You can keep crying.

Person ask question and u dey curse your full family say dem daft. What’s wrong with your brain? U dey really dey mad for head.

170 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by naijaboy756: 10:39pm On Apr 17
Depletion of the foreign reserves is directly proportional to Naira gains

Bravo! Economists

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by Dobbes(m): 10:39pm On Apr 17
Time to rejoice even more. But instead of a side chick, get a side hustle and a side income too.

Check my signature for your best hustle link.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by 99thEnemy(m): 10:40pm On Apr 17
grin
wailers above me already?! grin

Let me welcome the one’s to come after. grin

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by GRACEGLORY: 10:40pm On Apr 17
ojun50:

They deliberately hiked prices, and now, they don’t want to reverse it.
🥹

24 Likes

Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by KennethOkonkwo: 10:40pm On Apr 17
Why was Naira not gaining when EMEFIELE was defending naira if the ENEMY OF THE COUNTRY defence PROPAGANDA is actually true??

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by AngelicBeing: 10:41pm On Apr 17
sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by axglide(m): 10:42pm On Apr 17
Very Good. Nigeria 🇳🇬 will be great again.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by Wizpa(m): 10:42pm On Apr 17
McCoy662:
Nice! Nigeria is way richer than Ghana and other African countries; an exchange rate of less than #50 to a $ is possible.

God bless you

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by Risingblue008(m): 10:42pm On Apr 17
U
Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by blamingthedevil: 10:42pm On Apr 17
I knew enemies of Nigeria posted fake News in the morning and a moderator quickly moved it to front page

Nigeria will overcome
God Bless Federal Republic of Nigeria

99 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by axglide(m): 10:43pm On Apr 17
mobisonkk2:

You can keep crying.

Don’t mind the haters. First it was dollar is not coming down. Now it is Price is not coming down

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by Sisqoman(m): 10:43pm On Apr 17
Myewww
Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by edungene7: 10:43pm On Apr 17
APC and propaganda they are using Nigeria foreign reserve to fight the dollar rather than production and exportation as soon as they exhaust the reserve we will see what will happen and for all those cheering a quick reminder that your kins men are dying of hunger as a result of hyper inflation

16 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by Sannisege: 10:43pm On Apr 17
Igbos and Arise Tv will not like this news oo. Enemies of progress.

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by faceland: 10:44pm On Apr 17
I don't care about food again.

Why no electricity and fuel❓

My stomach is filled with hot water, I now sleep outside with the dogs. Nigerians ought to be the smartest of all negros, why can't we sort electricity problem.

11 Likes

Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by DeltaBachelor(m): 10:44pm On Apr 17
Hmmmm
Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by Antoeni(m): 10:44pm On Apr 17
Tinubu has devised a novel idea of bringing down dollar.

Just borrow more money,flood the market with borrowed dollars and it will come down

4 Likes

Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by Nahunger(m): 10:45pm On Apr 17
Lol
Dey celebrate rubbish...

When they are tired of depleting the reserves,
Let me know, for now....
HOLD YOUR $$$ SUPER CLOSE.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by Intergrated: 10:46pm On Apr 17
Naira blow dollar, dollar slap naira yet akpu no gree increase in size

4 Likes

Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by Angelfrost(m): 10:47pm On Apr 17
Good one... May the gaining continue for good!

As long as a dime is not being used behind the scenes to prop it against the Dollar... All well and good.

Let's keep working to improve the economy of this nation.

Let the soaring prices of food items be addressed as well.

3 Likes

Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by Kobojunkie: 10:47pm On Apr 17
MrProlific95:
Propaganda, Dangote refinery shud do amd start selling PMS
An entire Nation placing its bet on a single private corporation. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Recommend A Side Hustle For Me / Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises / FG Mulls Redenomination Option To Stabilise Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.