Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,092 members, 7,814,806 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day (42403 Views)

₦1,136 To ₦1,148: Naira Records First Depreciation Against Dollar In Months / Naira Gains Against Dollar, Trades At N1113/$ At The P2P Market / Naira Gains As Politicians Pump ‘election Dollars’ Into Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by Philipmoon2(m): 12:54am On Apr 18
Stupidity is when you already knew but decided to play tribalistic, so the high inflation in Nigeria today, is been supported by the igbos, sometimes i don't even know how some clowns like you finds a way to the media to talk rubbish. Anyway i blame internet and nairaland for given you such an opportunity to show your cowardness
Sannisege:
Igbos and Arise Tv will not like this news oo. Enemies of progress.

1 Like

Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by amaridigital(m): 12:57am On Apr 18
Benwallt:
Where are the children of hate?

They are busy singing their new Afrobeat song "CBN is defending naira with foreign reserve" and their lastest R&B title "Why is Akpu price not coming down since naira is appreciating" Another consolation tune just released by their Prophetess of doom Aisha is titled *Keep Your Dollars in Your Blokos" and it's becoming a hit song among the Dumbos since April 16.
Those are their new songs until they will be put to shame again

6 Likes

Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by Smartguyboy(m): 1:09am On Apr 18
ojun50:
But why food stuff prices no dey come down
Customs duty remind the same don’t blame the market women .
Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by Vision101(m): 1:13am On Apr 18
ojun50:
Ask the greedy traders. Diesel price has come down which means that the cost of haulage has to come down.

They were quick to increase prices when the rates were high. If government carries out price control they will say that government is anti-private enterprise.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by Vision101(m): 1:21am On Apr 18
ZombieTAMER:
undecided

No one can run a successful government by propaganda..

Not even APc

Ask Buhari
What is propaganda? Convergence of the official and parallel market rates? Never seen for years in this country. Parallel market rates higher than official rate? No more arbitrage and roundtripping?

My friend salute brilliance so that even if you are not your children can be.

4 Likes

Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by IbnB: 1:49am On Apr 18
Great100000:

https://dailypost.ng/2024/04/17/naira-gains-n75-against-dollar-in-single-day/

75 naira for the godforsaken, cursed zombies of nairaland

People like hell's anus...people who brought their evil character with all it's associated curses directly down, from Hell grin
Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by OALandAgents: 2:17am On Apr 18
Not entirely private, Federal government has 20% share of the company.
Kobojunkie:
An entire Nation placing its bet on a single private corporation. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by Okortor: 2:23am On Apr 18
Not until Naira gets appreciated and stabilized for a period ot 3-6months..
ojun50:
Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by Kobojunkie: 2:29am On Apr 18
OALandAgents:
Not entirely private, Federal government has 20% share of the company.
please tell me this is a bloody joke abeg? Or at least try to imagine the reaction of say the American people of the U.S Government decided to throw away $2 billion dollars all for the sake of a chance it had in one company it had 20% shares in. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

War go break out between the particular government and the people themselves at that point. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by bluefilm: 2:46am On Apr 18
Audio gains
Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by Kingzjayzee: 2:48am On Apr 18
Switruth:
Person ask question and u dey curse your full family say dem daft. What’s wrong with your brain? U dey really dey mad for head.
that dude is not alright. Simple question, he begin curse person. No be sign of depression/frustration be that? Some people shaaa!!!
Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by Kingzjayzee: 2:50am On Apr 18
mobisonkk2:
You are a daft imp. Who is responsible for bringing down prices of good and services? The government of greedy people as yourself? Well, last month I bought I ton of TMT reinforcement bars @ 1.4m per ton and today I bought for 900k per ton and it's going down.

You can keep crying.

haba guy! But he didn't insult you or anybody na. He only asked a simple question! Why insult him? Take it easy abeg.
Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by Kingzjayzee: 2:51am On Apr 18
ojun50:

When you are done 😭😂 let me know

You go explain tire
bros no vex jare. Forget that guy. Some people can be soo annoying. Can u just imagine?
Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by Kingzjayzee: 2:54am On Apr 18
GRACEGLORY:

They deliberately hiked prices, and now, they don’t want to reverse it.
🥹
sensible response from a sensible person unlike the other guy that took to insult on top ordinary question. People and their nasty behaviors sef.
Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by jaxxy(m): 3:02am On Apr 18
it's getting boring now, when will naira get to 500? undecided
Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by HeroicMeastro: 3:07am On Apr 18
mobisonkk2:
Oya, emergency lovers of Nigeria come oo e don happen again.

They will come and remind you how Nigeria is defending naira, like Nigeria should be defending dirharm.

Don't mind those unpatriotic fools!

1 Like

Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by UnabashedIPOB: 3:11am On Apr 18
tollyboy5:

Your comment are meant for ipob who became emergency lovers of Nigeria when Peter obi was contesting.
You guys are back to default grin

You must be brain-dead then. IPOB led by PM Simon Ekpa banned your FRAUDULENT selection in Biafra, land, so where the 4uck did get the idea that IPOB supported your fraud?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_o9VLLEp_ds
Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by MinahTee(f): 3:55am On Apr 18
Wow

1 Like

Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by tollyboy5(m): 3:56am On Apr 18
UnabashedIPOB:

You must be brain-dead then. IPOB led by PM Simon Ekpa banned
I don't think you understand English.
I mean you and your fellow ipob should stop commenting on Nigeria news is that too hard for you to adhere ?

3 Likes

Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by MASTERMIND04(m): 4:10am On Apr 18
McCoy662:
Nice! Nigeria is way richer than Ghana and other African countries; an exchange rate of less than #50 to a $ is possible.
Yes
Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by Agunesinjaweola: 4:21am On Apr 18
Why is Peter Obi not commenting when the NAIRA is appreciating now

I recollect he was scolding the Government before Christmas when NAIRA was falling.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by Atlantis585: 4:31am On Apr 18
Should the focus not be on the cost of goods and services that are locally sourced that have remained high regardless
Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by RisenObinna: 4:34am On Apr 18
blancsn1:
Instaed of asking this your should be asking your father why you were born without any intelligence.

Wetin concern food stuff with dollar palava.

What did you just say?
Dollar exchange rate has nothing to do with food? And you think yourself intelligent?
Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by Mubiola360: 4:40am On Apr 18
Paraman:
Shame on obidients. look at one of them comment below yesterday when the naira loss against the dollar

Did you know that Dangote is now exporting oil?, did you know that we are among the highest exporter of yam in Africa now ? That aside, Proceedings from crude oil is now paid to CBN directly instead of NNPCL, Imagine the $20 billions Dollars Sanusi Lamido raised alarm for that wasn't remitted into CBN's account, Not anymore. Did you know that NNPC has not remitted into CBN but instead ask for more fund for debt servicing and refinery over all maintenance? (Not anymore)
People accept dollar for transaction here in Nigeria e.g school fee which added to the pressure on dollar (Not anymore) you can now pay in Naira while lifting crude oil ,naira now has an added value globally as oil is a global commodity. This is BRICS without making noise) I can go on and on , those are part of the reforms that are germinating the seeds of Naira upward progression. If CBN is defending the dollar, the parallel market rate will be higher than that of the official rate i.e CBN as to measure up the gap (variance) between both parties but since the reserve is the case, the CBN is on the track and has nothing to defend but regulate . Power has now returned to CBN and not black market speculators.
Let's remember that Tinubu a grounded accountant and Shetima is also a credible banker, Wale Edun, Cardoso and President Bola Ahmed Tinubu did it in Lagos, its nothing new doing it again on a larger scale.
May we all witness the New Nigeria of our dreams fill of joy and bounty.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by Geovanni412(m): 4:42am On Apr 18
ojun50:

When you are done 😭😂 let me know

You go explain tire

Let him use this voodoonomics to construct a house and see if he can turn a profit

Weird thinking everywhere

Look civil engineers for buildings quote in
naira and in dollars due to varying prices of goods and the length of construction period (3 months upwards)

I'd really want him to explain how any project can be finished and the engineer earn a profit in these circumstances.
Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by remsonik(f): 4:52am On Apr 18
mobisonkk2:
You are a daft imp. Who is responsible for bringing down prices of good and services? The government of greedy people as yourself? Well, last month I bought I ton of TMT reinforcement bars @ 1.4m per ton and today I bought for 900k per ton and it's going down.

You can keep crying.

You're stupid,is that one food. Pele o,keep buying your reinforcement bars to eat then your body organs will shut down. Someone ask if foodstuffs prices has go down and You're throwing stones at him.
Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by essentialone(m): 4:55am On Apr 18
This is the Summary:

If naira is going to be N1,500, then let it be like that for at least 6 months. Do not let it be N1,500 today, N1,200 tomorrow, and so on. You can’t plan, and that’s why even as we speak today, we see that the naira is appreciating, it’s appreciating too fast. When you sit down and look at the analysis, people are concerned saying, "should I reduce my costing rate, to what the market is? But I’m scared, that if I reduce my costing rate, what is my replacement cost? Will it go back up?" That’s the reason why prices of things have not come down. Yes, the naira is appreciating, but people are not in a place of comfort to say, "Yes, it is sustainable". The only answer to that is Time. We have to wait it out for a few weeks or months. Is this sustainable over a long period? if it is, then you’ll see prices of goods and commodities coming down.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by AMI3(m): 4:58am On Apr 18
Paraman:
Shame on obidients. look at one of them comment below yesterday when the naira loss against the dollar

So anybody that comment negatively is an obidient? U guys are funny sometimes.

1 Like

Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by FBIBOT(m): 5:00am On Apr 18
ojun50:
prices of rice already dropped to around 50k depending on location.... currently 57k in ib.... Prices will drop eventually if the Naira gain can be maintained

2 Likes

Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by PotatoSalad(m): 5:13am On Apr 18
Kobojunkie:
An entire Nation placing its bet on a single private corporation. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Like brooo
If you think Nigerians are foolish, it's actually worse.
Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by iReddington: 5:19am On Apr 18
mobisonkk2:

You can keep crying.

Was calling him that necessary because he asked a quite pertinent and innocent question, you're the the peabrained lunatic here. You obnoxious airhead.
Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by Kobojunkie: 5:23am On Apr 18
PotatoSalad:

Like brooo
If you think Nigerians are foolish, it's actually worse.
Imagine this man now set to become a Trillionaire soon all at the expense of Nigerians. Na wa oo.. lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises / Dangote Tomato Processing Company Suspends Production / FG Mulls Redenomination Option To Stabilise Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.