Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,120 members, 7,814,933 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day (42411 Views)

₦1,136 To ₦1,148: Naira Records First Depreciation Against Dollar In Months / Naira Gains Against Dollar, Trades At N1113/$ At The P2P Market / Naira Gains As Politicians Pump ‘election Dollars’ Into Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by PotatoSalad(m): 5:31am On Apr 18
Kobojunkie:
Imagine this man now set to become a Trillionaire soon all at the expense of Nigerians. Na wa oo.. lipsrsealed
Lmao
If only the government could encourage competitive economy instead of a monopolistic one. Competition brings innovation.
I see no reason why a whole country of clowns should be looking up to one man to help their economy. Someone's private business whose main goal is profit 😂
Omo Nigerians will embarrass you.
Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by Realist777: 5:39am On Apr 18
ojun50:
But why food stuff prices no dey come down
Over 80% of our manufacturing sector depends on diesel and not dollar
Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by Emeskhalifa(m): 5:58am On Apr 18
Paraman:
Shame on obidients. look at one of them comment below yesterday when the naira loss against the dollar

So where is the lies in what he said?

Is Nigeria still relying on imports abi overnight una don turn exporters??

1 Like

Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by donbenie(m): 6:03am On Apr 18
KennethOkonkwo:
Why was Naira not gaining when EMEFIELE was defending naira if the ENEMY OF THE COUNTRY defence PROPAGANDA is actually true??
Very daft comment..
What was the exchange rate of dollar to the Naira when Emefiele was defending it?
Una just dey open mouth dey yarn rubbish.
Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by Benwallt(m): 6:12am On Apr 18
amaridigital:

They are busy singing their new Afrobeat song "CBN is defending naira with foreign reserve" and their lastest R&B title "Why is Akpu price not coming down since naira is appreciating" Another consolation tune just released by their Prophetess of doom Aisha is titled *Keep Your Dollars in Your Blokos" and it's becoming a hit song among the Dumbos since April 16.
Those are their new songs until they will be put to shame again

They will still fail

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by jayworld15(m): 6:13am On Apr 18
mobisonkk2:
You are a daft imp. Who is responsible for bringing down prices of good and services? The government of greedy people as yourself? Well, last month I bought I ton of TMT reinforcement bars @ 1.4m per ton and today I bought for 900k per ton and it's going down.

You can keep crying.

But what happens if dollar hit 2,500 naira, the cost of things including food would increase, right?

You're daft because he only aired his view without insult but you insulted him.
Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by Blackdisciple(m): 6:33am On Apr 18
ojun50:

The traders were actually lying to us that it was dollar rise that makes good to be expensive here we are watching bro

1 Like

Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by tunde1200(m): 6:46am On Apr 18
ojun50:

Is there anything that goes up in nigeria and come down again, most especially your brothers from the east. They will not want it to come down

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by tunde1200(m): 6:53am On Apr 18
Exactly

axglide:

Don’t mind the haters. First it was dollar is not coming down. Now it is Price is not coming down

1 Like

Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by tunde1200(m): 6:56am On Apr 18
Now I see the reason why East will be hard to develop like other states.
Bad Belle and hates full una mind.

edungene7:
APC and propaganda they are using Nigeria foreign reserve to fight the dollar rather than production and exportation as soon as they exhaust the reserve we will see what will happen and for all those cheering a quick reminder that your kins men are dying of hunger as a result of hyper inflation

2 Likes

Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by tunde1200(m): 6:56am On Apr 18
Sannisege:
Igbos and Arise Tv will not like this news oo. Enemies of progress.

Well said

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by tunde1200(m): 6:58am On Apr 18
Nice point
And it will boost the economy very fast.

faceland:
I don't care about food again.

Why no electricity and fuel❓

My stomach is filled with hot water, I now sleep outside with the dogs. Nigerians ought to be the smartest of all negros, why can't we sort electricity problem.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by osazsky(m): 7:00am On Apr 18
Nahunger:
Lol
Dey celebrate rubbish...

When they are tired of depleting the reserves,
Let me know, for now....
HOLD YOUR $$$ SUPER CLOSE.
wat is d excence of d reserve

1 Like

Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by Willed042(m): 7:05am On Apr 18
mobisonkk2:
You are a daft imp. Who is responsible for bringing down prices of good and services? The government of greedy people as yourself? Well, last month I bought I ton of TMT reinforcement bars @ 1.4m per ton and today I bought for 900k per ton and it's going down.

You can keep crying.

U mean the government don't have the capacity to regulate the greediness of Nigerians?

1 Like

Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by naijaboy756: 7:08am On Apr 18
yommen:

$32B still dey. We need the naira to gain its value back, except you hate Nigeria.
I love naija

what i dont like is painting others black to look good and go back to do worse than they did

APC hallmark!
Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by tammyf: 7:09am On Apr 18
elasticlala:
I wonder where you guys get these info from. The two apps on my phone have been showing $1 to N1105 since Monday …. Or do you mean Wednesday next week ?
What app do you use plz to check the dollar rate please. 🙏
Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by Kusu12: 7:18am On Apr 18
Anything not coming from their Pandora fraudster and serial party defector must be termed propaganda and condemned. You can't do more than wailing and peddling falsehood.
No one takes iPOB cannibals and obirodent miscreants serious. They will fail and bite the dust as usual.

1 Like

Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by ezebunafo(m): 7:18am On Apr 18
Pls are you reselling? If yes how do you intend to sell the ones you bought at 1.3m now that it's selling at 900k honestly no mischief intended,just being curious
mobisonkk2:

You can keep crying.

Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by elasticlala: 7:21am On Apr 18
tammyf:

What app do you use plz to check the dollar rate please. 🙏

I use both LemFi and Taptap.
Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by vince2016(m): 7:34am On Apr 18
OfeAchi:
CBN is actually supporting the Naira through its foreign dollars reserves, howbeit from the back door.

Idiot! you don't even understand what you typed. Just copying what other idiot obidients are saying.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by McCoy662(m): 7:42am On Apr 18
mokkalu1:

No vex bro, na joke u de joke? I just wan understand. No insult intended. My sense of humour, these days, is very low
grin grin
I'm not joking oo. I'm just saying what is supposed to be and what I wish for.
Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by Toluwanise247(m): 7:44am On Apr 18
ojun50:
Ask your fellow people Abi na tinubu dey sell food
Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by F117nighthawk: 7:48am On Apr 18
Wetin the Náírà buy against the Dollar,make una just continue to fool una self,all these artificial permutations.
You run an unproductive and consumption economy,u continue to play e Yi jẹ e yi o jẹ economy,
Until you focus on production and manufacturing,the deceit and fake economic permutations will continue
Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by HisaacPlus: 8:04am On Apr 18
MrProlific95:
Propaganda, Dangote refinery shud do amd start selling PMS

From someone who does not have any business or deal with just a dollar!
Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by Lithiumite: 8:11am On Apr 18
ojun50:

Because many people are wasting away in the cities forming woke instead of being in their villages farming and ensuring more food is available......prices of essential goods like food will remain high because we do not have enough.

However prices of other items like clothes,cement,phones etc are coming down daily
Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by NEIGHBOUR(m): 8:24am On Apr 18
edungene7:
APC and propaganda they are using Nigeria foreign reserve to fight the dollar rather than production and exportation as soon as they exhaust the reserve we will see what will happen and for all those cheering a quick reminder that your kins men are dying of hunger as a result of hyper inflation

Yes o!!! They have been selling their children over the years for money and they recently started committing suicide.
Recently ,one of Tinubu's 'people'killed his son because of food.
Don't mind them.🤣🤣🤣
Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by HisXLNC1: 8:54am On Apr 18
GRACEGLORY:

They deliberately hiked prices, and now, they don’t want to reverse it.
🥹
Who are 'they'?
Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by Rejoice28(f): 9:06am On Apr 18
Friends Jesus Christ loves y'all and he want you to accept him as your personal lord and saviour by giving your life to Christ, believing in him and repenting of your sins.remember tomorrow might be too late. Shalom

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by jamafa: 9:07am On Apr 18
ojun50:

Foreign Rice is now #55k per bag @ Bodija market Ibadan.

Those people selling things are taking advantage of masses.

Why naira was falling freely, dey keep increasing prices of things everyday.
Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by phemray(m): 10:03am On Apr 18
ojun50:

Nigerian factor, it will surely take a while, to go up is always immediately but coming down takes months, if not year, or until being forced to do so. Na so we be.
Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by MetalJigsaw(m): 10:04am On Apr 18
mobisonkk2:

You can keep crying.

Did you really have to insult him? Just wondering
Re: Naira Gains ₦‎75 Against Dollar In A Single Day by MetalJigsaw(m): 10:10am On Apr 18
Sannisege:
Igbos and Arise Tv will not like this news oo. Enemies of progress.
Stop talking trash. I'm Igbo and I love every news about the naira appreciation

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises / Dangote Tomato Processing Company Suspends Production / FG Mulls Redenomination Option To Stabilise Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.