Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

Day-Old Baby Dumped In Polythene Bag Rescued In Lagos - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Day-Old Baby Dumped In Polythene Bag Rescued In Lagos (23724 Views)

Residents Rescue New Born Baby Dumped In Wild Park Bush In Jos (Graphic) / Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) / Packaging Food In Polythene Bags Causes Cancer – NAFDAC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Day-Old Baby Dumped In Polythene Bag Rescued In Lagos by DeepSight(m): 1:25pm On Apr 18
TRAPLORD13:

I wish we have gotten to that phase of our National life.CCTV is a vital tool in solving crimes.
If only we can do it that will be cool

$460 million was loaned for the Abuja CCTV Project.
The whole money was quaffed.

This is why I just smile at those (like nairalanda1) who argue that if only subsidies were removed earlier, all will be well in Nigeria, because the money saved would have been well spent on infrastructure. They just dont know Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Day-Old Baby Dumped In Polythene Bag Rescued In Lagos by kay29000(m): 1:35pm On Apr 18
2024 and Brenda is still throwing babies in the garbage. Sad.
Re: Day-Old Baby Dumped In Polythene Bag Rescued In Lagos by nairalanda1(m): 1:36pm On Apr 18
DeepSight:

This is why I just smile at those (like nairalanda1) who argue that if only subsidies were removed earlier, all will be well in Nigeria, because the money saved would have been well spent on infrastructure. They just dont know Nigeria.

What does subsidy removal have to do with a baby? Or CCTV that can be provided by private companies?

Anyway, subsidy has to go. No matter what you think of me, or how hard you laugh at me. It means more jobs, via more investment, and more tax revenue.

Plus you guys should put pressure on your government for good governance, instead of moaning about it here. THat's how you get decent CCTV...by getting government to do a basic system, then by getting government to mandate private companies and entities have CCTV.

And by allowing the free market do its thing, which means more prosperity for all....and more money for private CCTV and systems like RIng.

Not on ruinous subsidy.
Re: Day-Old Baby Dumped In Polythene Bag Rescued In Lagos by IPDGP: 2:14pm On Apr 18
Abortion is better than this
Re: Day-Old Baby Dumped In Polythene Bag Rescued In Lagos by DeepSight(m): 3:16pm On Apr 18
nairalanda1:

What does subsidy removal have to do with a baby? Or CCTV that can be provided by private companies?

Anyway, subsidy has to go. No matter what you think of me, or how hard you laugh at me. It means more jobs, via more investment, and more tax revenue.

Plus you guys should put pressure on your government for good governance, instead of moaning about it here. THat's how you get decent CCTV...by getting government to do a basic system, then by getting government to mandate private companies and entities have CCTV.

And by allowing the free market do its thing, which means more prosperity for all....and more money for private CCTV and systems like RIng.

Not on ruinous subsidy.

You are painfully naive.
Good night.
Re: Day-Old Baby Dumped In Polythene Bag Rescued In Lagos by nairalanda1(m): 3:17pm On Apr 18
DeepSight:

You are painfully naive.
Good night.

There is nothing like cheap things. It's a cold reality. If you are getting something for cheap, money is being lost somewhere.

Subsides do not work. Especially consumption subsides.

Anyway, since you have brought out the N-word, lol.
Re: Day-Old Baby Dumped In Polythene Bag Rescued In Lagos by DeepSight(m): 3:25pm On Apr 18
nairalanda1:

There is nothing like cheap things. It's a cold reality. If you are getting something for cheap, money is being lost somewhere.

Subsides do not work. Especially consumption subsides.

Anyway, since you have brought out the N-word, lol.

What is wrong with you ? ? ? ? ?

Each time one says Good Night you refuse to respect the wishes of the gods.

I am going to consign you to the pedicure box of an itinerant mallam!

Beware, for goblins and gnomes shall attend you tonight.

And since when did "Night" become the "N-word?"

The goblins will draw your left leg till you start to hobble.

One does not go searching for a black goat in the night.
Re: Day-Old Baby Dumped In Polythene Bag Rescued In Lagos by TRAPLORD13: 3:29pm On Apr 18
DeepSight:

They obviously dont

1 Like

Re: Day-Old Baby Dumped In Polythene Bag Rescued In Lagos by emelda86(f): 4:05pm On Apr 18
But why open yansh born pikin when you know you can't take care of it.
Re: Day-Old Baby Dumped In Polythene Bag Rescued In Lagos by nairalanda1(m): 4:37pm On Apr 18
DeepSight:

What is wrong with you ? ? ? ? ?

Each time one says Good Night you refuse to respect the wishes of the gods.

I am going to consign you to the pedicure box of an itinerant mallam!

Beware, for goblins and gnomes shall attend you tonight.

And since when did "Night" become the "N-word?"

The goblins will draw your left leg till you start to hobble.

One does not go searching for a black goat in the night.

Things cost money. You don't have to be angry about it.
Re: Day-Old Baby Dumped In Polythene Bag Rescued In Lagos by DeepSight(m): 5:44pm On Apr 18
nairalanda1:

Things cost money. You don't have to be angry about it.

That's it. Three goblins and seven gnomes on the way to your ghastly and reprehensible lair.

Kwarapshin always makes things cost ridiculously more, brother. Elementary.
Re: Day-Old Baby Dumped In Polythene Bag Rescued In Lagos by nairalanda1(m): 5:46pm On Apr 18
DeepSight:

That's it. Three goblins and seven gnomes on the way to your ghastly and reprehensible lair.

Kwarapshin always makes things cost ridiculously more, brother. Elementary.

Things cost money, regardless.
Re: Day-Old Baby Dumped In Polythene Bag Rescued In Lagos by DeepSight(m): 6:09pm On Apr 18
nairalanda1:

Things cost money, regardless.

On a serious note, do you discount the corruption factor in everything said this far?

Because I noticed how you ignored point blank the black magic involved in less than 300 billion to over six trillion.

Secondly have you really dwelt on the fact that corruption in Nigeria is not limited to the subsidy regime?
Re: Day-Old Baby Dumped In Polythene Bag Rescued In Lagos by nairalanda1(m): 6:39pm On Apr 18
DeepSight:

On a serious note, do you discount the corruption factor in everything said this far?

Because I noticed how you ignored point blank the black magic involved in less than 300 billion to over six trillion.

Corruption is a side effect of subsidy regime. Key in the subsidy regime is the availabilty of free money. And the fact that profits are not being made. This incentivises bad behaviour since whether ye do work or not, free money

ON the other hand, letting the free market run..ie remove subsidy and let the companies set their prices, removes the corruption issue (not totally because humans are bad people),,because if corruption is allowed to thrive it means the end of the business, and crucially, job losses, and money making opportunities gone. Better to let things run well...
Re: Day-Old Baby Dumped In Polythene Bag Rescued In Lagos by DeepSight(m): 6:41pm On Apr 18
nairalanda1:

Corruption is a side effect of subsidy regime. Key in the subsidy regime is the availabilty of free money. And the fact that profits are not being made. This incentivises bad behaviour since whether ye do work or not, free money

ON the other hand, letting the free market run..ie remove subsidy and let the companies set their prices, removes the corruption issue (not totally because humans are bad people),,because if corruption is allowed to thrive it means the end of the business, and crucially, job losses, and money making opportunities gone. Better to let things run well...

Just look again at your first line. Are you seriously suggesting that without subsidy there will be no corruption in or out of government in this country?
Re: Day-Old Baby Dumped In Polythene Bag Rescued In Lagos by nairalanda1(m): 6:42pm On Apr 18
DeepSight:

Secondly have you really dwelt on the fact that corruption in Nigeria is not limited to the subsidy regime?

Nigeria relies mostly on oil money, not on tax income. As a result, the sense of responsibility that leaders should feeel is diminished. Thus, we have people stealing money, since oil income (and in its abscence, loans) can be used to replace it. You can't do that with tax income. People will literally storm the theiving leader's house and deal with him...if the law is remiss in doing so

Nigeria is also not a manufacutring economy. As a result, there is no effort by states...big effort to bring in investment. Oil money instead is the answer. (that's why we have all these arguments over resource control and who owns oil). And if no oil money, bring in some more loans.

Nigeria could change this...but making more people pay tax, embarking on industrialization....is too hard.
Re: Day-Old Baby Dumped In Polythene Bag Rescued In Lagos by DeepSight(m): 6:45pm On Apr 18
nairalanda1:

Nigeria relies mostly on oil money, not on tax income. As a result, the sense of responsibility that leaders should feeel is diminished. Thus, we have people stealing money, since oil income (and in its abscence, loans) can be used to replace it. You can't do that with tax income. People will literally storm the theiving leader's house and deal with him...if the law is remiss in doing so

Nigeria is also not a manufacutring economy. As a result, there is no effort by states...big effort to bring in investment. Oil money instead is the answer. (that's why we have all these arguments over resource control and who owns oil). And if no oil money, bring in some more loans.

Nigeria could change this...but making more people pay tax, embarking on industrialization....is too hard.

Please stop the meaningless drivel. Answer the question. Is there massive corruption in Nigeria outside the subsidy regime, yes or no.

Is Nigerian corruption dependent on subsidy, yes or no.

Now that subsidies have been removed, are we assured no more corruption, yes or no.

The questions are that simple.
Re: Day-Old Baby Dumped In Polythene Bag Rescued In Lagos by nairalanda1(m): 6:45pm On Apr 18
DeepSight:

Just look again at your first line. Are you seriously suggesting that without subsidy there will be no corruption in or out of government in this country?

Without subsidy, the fuel would flow better , there would be more refineries, and also more power stations and better power supply. (Ivory coast is a good example )>

Corruption won't go. What would go is the sabotage corruption...because now that the power and fuel sector have to make their own money, any joke playing corruption there would be chased out.

It won't make petty corruption go away. That is where the government has to try to among other things change our dependency on oil...and depend more on taxed income. That would force our leaders to be more responsible.
Re: Day-Old Baby Dumped In Polythene Bag Rescued In Lagos by DeepSight(m): 6:47pm On Apr 18
nairalanda1:

Without subsidy, the fuel would flow better , there would be more refineries, and also more power stations and better power supply. (Ivory coast is a good example )>

Corruption won't go. What would go is the sabotage corruption...because now that the power and fuel sector have to make their own money, any joke playing corruption there would be chased out.

It won't make petty corruption go away. That is where the government has to try to among other things change our dependency on oil...and depend more on taxed income. That would force our leaders to be more responsible.

So now that subsidy is gone, although petty corruption will remain, major corruption in Nigeria is now history right?

You must be drunk.
Re: Day-Old Baby Dumped In Polythene Bag Rescued In Lagos by nairalanda1(m): 6:48pm On Apr 18
DeepSight:

Please stop the meaningless drivel.

I don't think I have been abusive to you, son.

Answer the question. Is there massive corruption in Nigeria outside the subsidy regime, yes or no.

Yes, there is. And I have already told you how it must be fought.

Is Nigerian corruption dependent on subsidy, yes or no.

True scotsman fallacy here, me thinks? Note that I defend subsidy removal because it would ensure that we would get enough revenue for the power and refineries to work. Not the strawman of 'you deny corruption exists' you are trying to draw here.

Now that subsidies have been removed, are we assured no more corruption, yes or no.

The questions are that simple.

Subsidies have not been removed at all.
Re: Day-Old Baby Dumped In Polythene Bag Rescued In Lagos by nairalanda1(m): 6:49pm On Apr 18
DeepSight:

So now that subsidy is gone, although petty corruption will remain, major corruption in Nigeria is now history right?

SUbsidy hasn't gone. Government is still paying it. (You should not believe government propaganda)

You must be drunk.

Well, whatever you think of my mental capacity, things do cost money. Nothing to get annoyed about.
Re: Day-Old Baby Dumped In Polythene Bag Rescued In Lagos by OmihaniFARH: 10:07pm On Apr 27
Westves kindly ring me, we need to talk its urgent.

1 Like

Re: Day-Old Baby Dumped In Polythene Bag Rescued In Lagos by Westves: 1:30pm On Apr 28
DonroxyII:
Oga Ade, I dey read Ya Diary.. You Dey Plan Suicide abi U dey Play

You better go & take care of Typhoid or Malaria e worst...

& Stand to God better to cleanse Demons comot Ya Mental Spheres .... grin ....

If you die in hell, You rise in hell ... Nature no send you ooo ... If you die .. na so you go continue to dey kill yasef till Eternity oo grin

Hahaha. Pretty sure your humorous posts will beat me to it

I am back to my euphoric self. Grateful to you guys for giving me a semblance of caring friends ❤️

1 Like

Re: Day-Old Baby Dumped In Polythene Bag Rescued In Lagos by Westves: 12:54pm On May 01
GiulliameII:
Praying for that whoremongering dude on here that's being ravaged by diseases. Praying for his wife & unborn child, still.

grin grin grin
Re: Day-Old Baby Dumped In Polythene Bag Rescued In Lagos by GiulliameII: 7:13pm On May 01
Westves:

grin grin grin

My favourite patron of Night women.
You good?
There was a concerning diary post a while back.
Re: Day-Old Baby Dumped In Polythene Bag Rescued In Lagos by Westves: 7:55pm On May 01
GiulliameII:

My favourite patron of Night women.
You good?
There was a concerning dairy post a while back.

Currently fighting a gruesome battle with the grammar nazi part of me, to deny your insinuation that I'm a fulani milkman

On a serious note, I'm still teetering precariously tbh. That thought comes in flashes. Was relatively happy today but something bad happened and those feelings were briefly rejuvenated. On the surface, it's the flimsiest things that tip me over. Very superficial errors by unsuspecting people I interact with

But they remind me of the deeper, underlying problems I have that can be overwhelming or that I can't see a way out of. The blackout days feel like drowning in a dark hole but it's those arbitrary, peripheral encounters that really trigger the crises
Re: Day-Old Baby Dumped In Polythene Bag Rescued In Lagos by GiulliameII: 8:53pm On May 01
Westves:

Currently fighting a gruesome battle with the grammar nazi part of me, to deny your insinuation that I'm a fulani milkman

On a serious note, I'm still teetering precariously tbh. That thought comes in flashes. Was relatively happy today but something bad happened and those feelings were briefly rejuvenated. On the surface, it's the flimsiest things that tip me over. Very superficial errors by unsuspecting people I interact with

But they remind me of the deeper, underlying problems I have that can be overwhelming or that I can't see a way out of. The blackout days feel like drowning in a dark hole but it's those arbitrary, peripheral encounters that really trigger the crises

Totally didn't see that. grin
My bad. Guess you're a herdsman now.

Sounds real tough. It'll help to know what it is, although I see how it'll be pointless to reveal if help can not be provided right away.

I think the fella above already said what needs to be said. I think you should hold on to the things that bring you respite right now, however momentary it is.

Brilliant mind, brilliant man.
Huge loss to mankind. Huge loss to whoredom.

Be well & don't die.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Concern Mounts Over Low Use Of Female Condom / How My Good Deeds Got Rewarded Almost 2 Years Later / October 13: No Bra Day, To Raise Awareness On Breast Cancer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.