Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

Naira Depreciates By ₦‎81/$ At Foreign Exchange Market - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Depreciates By ₦‎81/$ At Foreign Exchange Market (31511 Views)

Naira Depreciates By N64 Against Dollar At FOREX Market / Naira Continues Free Fall, Depreciates By 11% To N927.19/$ At Official Market / The Official List Of 43 Banned Items From Nigerian Foreign Exchange Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Depreciates By ₦‎81/$ At Foreign Exchange Market by YourKarma: 7:18am On Apr 19
Tjra:

Why do you people hate Nigeria this much?

You are delighted to hear bad news about the country. You call the country a zoo, yet you still want your kinsman to become the President of the zoo.

I don't just understand you people.

How do you know what tribe he's from?
You dey ment?
Re: Naira Depreciates By ₦‎81/$ At Foreign Exchange Market by Noblemanonpoint: 7:18am On Apr 19
That's because people are buying the dollar after Bloomberg's report.

It's a spike because people are speculating that the naira will depreciate soon. It's an artificial gain.

Nigeria will need sustainable production to help but recent economic policies being implemented will definitely bring the dollar down to a bearable rate at least.

* Aviation fuel is now being bought with Naira.
* Private businesses and schools who traded with Dollars have been prohibited.
*Recapitalization of banks.
*Oil earning in dollars now going directly to CBN not private accounts anymore.
* Crackdown of practices that encourages hedging on the Naira.

These policies will definitely reduce the demand for dollar hence reduce its value against the naira especially with Nigeria now on the verge of getting PMS with Naira.
All short term policies but should be effective.

Ultimately, Nigeria needs aggressive industrialization to further strengthen the Naira in the long run.
Keep your dollar close, but don't forget to get an handkerchief for the tears as well.

3 Likes

Re: Naira Depreciates By ₦‎81/$ At Foreign Exchange Market by FireUpNow(m): 7:22am On Apr 19
successmatters:
Propaganda battling with the dollar

Naira is still useless tissue paper like always. grin

Naija foreign reserve is getting depleted all to cover up for their nonsense. The effect of their assumed naira gain against the US dollars has not been felt by the masses. Dey Play

1 Like

Re: Naira Depreciates By ₦‎81/$ At Foreign Exchange Market by Verbtips(m): 7:26am On Apr 19
Savedday2:
No shaking, by Monday it will be 1$ to #800
even devil no get power to bring naira to 800 naira,although e no clear how tinubu the defend the dollar again other currency,but i know e no go last,how idp camp go go head on with developed contries
Re: Naira Depreciates By ₦‎81/$ At Foreign Exchange Market by Haaland21: 7:26am On Apr 19
Tjra:

Why do you people hate Nigeria this much?

You are delighted to hear bad news about the country. You call the country a zoo, yet you still want your kinsman to become the President of the zoo.

I don't just understand you people.

They are confused set of people.

Don't bother engaging them.....

One way traffic people....
Re: Naira Depreciates By ₦‎81/$ At Foreign Exchange Market by Flame333: 7:29am On Apr 19
femi4:
Illiterate, run along with your lazy mentality. Manna no longer falls from heaven

Miserable destitute from the unknown
Re: Naira Depreciates By ₦‎81/$ At Foreign Exchange Market by Haaland21: 7:29am On Apr 19
YourKarma:

How do you know what tribe he's from?
You dey ment?

We don't need a prophet to know this...

Emergency lovers of Nigeria...

We rejected the agulu man....

No regret

1 Like

Re: Naira Depreciates By ₦‎81/$ At Foreign Exchange Market by Truthsandtrusts: 7:30am On Apr 19
successmatters:

You are more useless than the Naira, owner go shame because owner way dey wish Nigeria evil owner nor be GOD
Re: Naira Depreciates By ₦‎81/$ At Foreign Exchange Market by Truthsandtrusts: 7:31am On Apr 19
Cindypresh:
Tinupoo meezcrants will come and brain obedients...like they will overlook their clueless tinupoo to blame obedients.

Just watch and see

I talk am😂

Accidental lovers of Nigeria since 2015

Ashawo you go shame
Re: Naira Depreciates By ₦‎81/$ At Foreign Exchange Market by BeardedMeat(m): 7:32am On Apr 19
Successfulben:
Pls get lost😡
No vex 😃
Re: Naira Depreciates By ₦‎81/$ At Foreign Exchange Market by TheOgaBoss: 7:33am On Apr 19
Tflex01:

So your Obi would have turned Nigeria to production country out of the blues within a year?

😂
where did u hear any mention of obi? u people keep daydreaming of obi even onatters that do not have a direct bearing on him.
Re: Naira Depreciates By ₦‎81/$ At Foreign Exchange Market by gotnel: 7:36am On Apr 19
Not too bad.
Let the policymakers know what they need to do to prevent another free fall of naira
Re: Naira Depreciates By ₦‎81/$ At Foreign Exchange Market by TheOgaBoss: 7:42am On Apr 19
kosiebe:

I swear i don't understand them oo. Very useless bunch of human beings
oga people wishing the country bad ( assuming u are right, and they are not reacting to the bad leadership) has nothing to do with the progress or otherwise of the country, rather good leadership and sound economic policies is what will propell the country to greater heights. what any group of people wish or think is not responsible for our economic woes.
Re: Naira Depreciates By ₦‎81/$ At Foreign Exchange Market by princedukee(m): 7:47am On Apr 19
So does it mean that dollar will still get to 1500
Re: Naira Depreciates By ₦‎81/$ At Foreign Exchange Market by Tflex01: 7:48am On Apr 19
TheOgaBoss:
where did u hear any mention of obi? u people keep daydreaming of obi even onatters that do not have a direct bearing on him.

Because he's the one mentioning production even though he has nothing upstairs just like his supporters and he wouldn't have been able to achieve anything.
Re: Naira Depreciates By ₦‎81/$ At Foreign Exchange Market by TheOgaBoss: 8:06am On Apr 19
Tflex01:

Because he's the one mentioning production even though he has nothing upstairs just like his supporters and he wouldn't have been able to achieve anything.
is production not the right step for any economy desirous of growth? without production everything this administration is doing is just window dressing.
Re: Naira Depreciates By ₦‎81/$ At Foreign Exchange Market by ecomalchemistt(m): 9:09am On Apr 19
When I see such post I remember the blessings I got from my grandmother before she breathe her last breathe years ago. She put her hand on my head and said my grandson People will waste their time to read your comments
And today is that day 😭😭😭😭
Re: Naira Depreciates By ₦‎81/$ At Foreign Exchange Market by Sheriman(m): 9:13am On Apr 19
Let see what we happen in the next 3 years
Re: Naira Depreciates By ₦‎81/$ At Foreign Exchange Market by Timmi: 9:33am On Apr 19
successmatters:

Good for you and so shall Naira be like tissue paper in your hand.
Re: Naira Depreciates By ₦‎81/$ At Foreign Exchange Market by WorldRichest: 9:49am On Apr 19
successmatters:

You can continue spending your Biafran Pounds

1 Like

Re: Naira Depreciates By ₦‎81/$ At Foreign Exchange Market by Boldideas: 10:14am On Apr 19
ogododo:

https://dailypost.ng/2024/04/18/naira-loses-n81-to-dollar/

Those behind the monetary and fiscal policies should take the Naira back to $1-N1 to discourage the Japan syndrome and stop the polithievecians from looting our resources.
Re: Naira Depreciates By ₦‎81/$ At Foreign Exchange Market by 99thEnemy(m): 10:24am On Apr 19
successmatters:

You don’t use tissue to wipe your nyash before anything else? or you na direct tambaya? grin
Re: Naira Depreciates By ₦‎81/$ At Foreign Exchange Market by zinaunreal(m): 10:38am On Apr 19
elasticlala:

Alaye, are you mad ni?
I was already typing many responses but decided to not waste my time on a fool!
What have you achieved in your miserable life with the knowledge you claim to have ? Or what problem have u ever solved with it?

It is people like you who have failed to think with their beards that have plunged the country into such critical condition. Idiot!

Wallow in your poverty because youre used to it so na cheap coffin them go use burry you. You dont even know the effect of Naira in your everyday financial activities 😆 but ive seen a dog who knows mathematics better than your entire generations
Re: Naira Depreciates By ₦‎81/$ At Foreign Exchange Market by Styluss: 10:40am On Apr 19
Its almost a month of dollar depreciation, why are commodities which are mostly dependent on the dollar rate still at thesame value?

mobisonkk2:
Oya, emergency lovers of Nigeria food don done oooo, let's start celebrating and reminding ourselves how dollar must 5k naira before end of April.
Re: Naira Depreciates By ₦‎81/$ At Foreign Exchange Market by 8kingz(m): 10:44am On Apr 19
successmatters:

This irresponsible comment must be of a child with no responsibility thus is not awear of how good 4 Nigeria dollar depriciation is
Re: Naira Depreciates By ₦‎81/$ At Foreign Exchange Market by ridbell01(m): 10:53am On Apr 19
This is a bad news to the obidients
Re: Naira Depreciates By ₦‎81/$ At Foreign Exchange Market by Cindypresh(f): 10:58am On Apr 19
morgstreme:

See am!

Village dwelling mediocre peasant..

My village is more conducive, serene and habitable than that your mushin slum
Re: Naira Depreciates By ₦‎81/$ At Foreign Exchange Market by NGArmyTerrorist: 11:02am On Apr 19
Hail-anus won't come to this thread because E go hard him to defend this. More hard work for them.
Re: Naira Depreciates By ₦‎81/$ At Foreign Exchange Market by YourKarma: 11:03am On Apr 19
Haaland21:

We don't need a prophet to know this...

Emergency lovers of Nigeria...

We rejected the agulu man....

No regret

Wetin concern me, y'all should PLEASE keep voting useless leaders into power. The more suffering you guys encounter, the cheaper I buy your landed properties.
Re: Naira Depreciates By ₦‎81/$ At Foreign Exchange Market by HBB1(m): 12:35pm On Apr 19
Successfulben:
My greatest regret right now is coming into this life as a Yoruba boy, I hate that am a Yoruba boy and I sincerely envy the Igbo child, the kind of wisdom God gave to them the yorubas can never have it till Christ comes. My Yoruba people are U$ele$$ and I don't love to associate with them. Most of my good friends are Igbos and am sure that if I will ever reincarnate I will reincarnate as an Igbo man. My fiance is an igbo from Enugu

Who cares?
undecided
Re: Naira Depreciates By ₦‎81/$ At Foreign Exchange Market by elasticlala: 1:03pm On Apr 19
zinaunreal:

Wallow in your poverty because youre used to it so na cheap coffin them go use burry you. You dont even know the effect of Naira in your everyday financial activities 😆 but ive seen a dog who knows mathematics better than your entire generations

Werey!
U can’t read and u understand! Have you ever come across the word significant and insignificant before ? Do you know their meanings in a sentence? It is pathetic that a goat would read my comment and understand but a mentally derailed human like you can’t understand forever.

See who is talking about poverty☹️ post your financial status here let’s see how much you earn annually and all u have in this life, let me assess you; if you are truly worth it then I would apologize to u for talking to a rich man but if not, poverty kill you there.

Or better still, post your identity let’s go check who you are on the global space and compare with me.
Don’t you ever mention me again, Bastard!
For you, you can’t attain my feat in your entire life.
Re: Naira Depreciates By ₦‎81/$ At Foreign Exchange Market by Elonmuzk(m): 5:52pm On Apr 19
Lol, just as expected. Reserve is gradually running low. This is not a rocket science 😀😀

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Banks To Rationalise Staff, Branches As Costs Mount / Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit / Has Osinbajo Tamed The Dollar?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.