Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,229 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State (46296 Views)

Container Falls On A Fully Loaded Bus At Ojuelegba Bridge, Lagos / Rider And Passengers Injured As Over Speeding Boy Rams Lexus Into Keke In Delta / Fully Loaded Bus Plunged Into Ebonyi River (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by Desusi: 2:49pm On Apr 19
Idebaj:
This is an expensive joke
For heaven's sake when would Nigeria learned.? Despite happenings around us?God have mercy.

1 Like

Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by Peacefulguy90: 2:51pm On Apr 19
Holluwhakemmy:
If anything negative should happen now to rescue them will be very difficult because they are already inside bus which is locked
Oga watch the video first.........they are not inside the bus,"who does that"

2 Likes

Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by Honestey: 2:51pm On Apr 19
Instead of to dey pray for journey mercy na so so posting by our careless youths without life jackets o. Na so we lost some resourceful guys in Lagos few days ago o. This life na jeje o. May God protect us all.
Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by Elliotwaveforec: 2:53pm On Apr 19
Chai! Science o.

Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by Holluwhakemmy(f): 2:56pm On Apr 19
Peacefulguy90:
Oga watch the video first.........they are not inside the bus,"who does that"
Thanks I have watched it
Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by sunsweet33: 3:00pm On Apr 19
Why are these rivers always so dirty?! Why?

Yack.
Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by Babangidapikin: 3:00pm On Apr 19
Funny enough it will take 30minutes to cross by boat what you would spend 3 hours on the road for , I no go lie I have also cross that river in the evening.. but the State Government should enforce and procure life jackets for the boat men ...

1 Like

Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by Christistruth00: 3:02pm On Apr 19
GistMedia0:
Canoe Carries Loaded Bus Across River in Taraba State, Nigeria, Without Life Jackets: shocked

A small canoe in Taraba State, Nigeria, defied expectations by ferrying a fully loaded bus and its passengers across a river.

Eyewitnesses report that the bus, packed with passengers and goods, was attempting to cross the river when it encountered difficulties. With no bridge in sight and no other means of transportation available, the passengers and driver made the daring decision to load the bus onto a small canoe.

What ensued was a nerve-wracking journey as the overloaded canoe struggled against the currents, carrying both the weight of the bus and the apprehensions of its occupants. Passengers were forced to cling to the back of the vehicle inside the precarious boat, with no life jackets in sight to ensure their safety.

Videos of the extraordinary scene quickly circulated on social media, drawing both shock and concern from viewers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rga6b884928

Where are their Life Jackets
We are tired of reading bad news

What if it hits a hippotamus
Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by Tyche(m): 3:05pm On Apr 19
2021/2022, I was crossing this river back to back, for business though. It's was Junior Pope's death that made me remember the risk we were taking casually.

There was a day the boat needed repairs in the middle of that river. Naive me was taking pictures and running commentaries to my wife; that one like gist pass anything.

I am not even talking about the perilous road to this river.

To God be the Glory

2 Likes

Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by Cantonese: 3:07pm On Apr 19
That boat is built to carry people, goods and vehicles. It is called PONTU.

You find it in most states close with rivers and no bridges to go across from one location to another. You can find it in Lagos state too.

1 Like

Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by uvie66: 3:13pm On Apr 19
Why Nigerians don't learn from the experience of junior pope is beyond me to comprehend, is there something innately wrong with we black human brains.
Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by Chucks13: 3:15pm On Apr 19
Is this also Tinubu fault?

Their governor spend Billions for Ramadan fasting breaking now see what his citizen are doing then when accident happen those descendants of Lucifer will say it is Tinubu fault, Tinubu should have stand by the River Bank and wear life-jacket for the bus.
Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by Chetas81(m): 3:16pm On Apr 19
PRIMITIVE SOCIETY

1 Like

Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by ejieddy: 3:25pm On Apr 19
It's called buoyancy in science... That's why ships float on water while carrying tonnes of containers

1 Like

Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by Pootle: 3:31pm On Apr 19
it looks good until mishap occur
Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by SaturnNick(m): 3:35pm On Apr 19
They've been doing this for ages
Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by Emeskhalifa(m): 3:51pm On Apr 19
The bus looks very tiny on the boat. They shouldn't have any problem
Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by CartelKenneth: 3:53pm On Apr 19
Can only be In The north
Useless backward savages😡
Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by OKOATA(m): 4:06pm On Apr 19
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggarrrr

Shebi them wear life jacket...Anyway as far as the uptrust is equal or proportional to the weight of the bus no wahalar...the canoe will float and it won't Submerged

The only water I love is bathroom water

Any other water na no go area for me...a female friend of mine invited me to her marriage that year in on ijaw village in Edo state....o boy when I realize say na River we need to cross. I nor go the marriage..I just ask for her account number wire her small thing
Me will never go close to any water body be it erosion, swimming pool or river
You said this before why repeating again and again. Coward running from water 💦.
Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by Onewazobia(m): 4:24pm On Apr 19
This normal now via Ibi
Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by jboixxx: 4:33pm On Apr 19
Holluwhakemmy:
If anything negative should happen now to rescue them will be very difficult because they are already inside bus which is locked
No one is expected or allowed to stay in the bus or any vehicle crossing.

There are 2 crossings of such:
- Ibi river (takes about an hr to cross to Nasarawa state)
- zaki biam (15 mins or so to Benue)

1 Like

Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by Berezuski: 4:35pm On Apr 19
No life jacket o
Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by Josbreed: 4:37pm On Apr 19
superCleanworks:

how much did you guys pay for that?

I think around 2,500 to 3,000.
Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by Josbreed: 4:38pm On Apr 19
CartelKenneth:
Can only be In The north
Useless backward savages😡

Oh, you are right, Juniir Pope's boat accident was also in the North.

2 Likes

Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by EmmaFantastic2(m): 4:40pm On Apr 19
This is a boat not canoe, canoe is by far smaller than this. Op do you even know what is canoe at all? Canoe that only one person (and sometimes maximum of 2 people) can sit on a row, how can that carry a bus?
Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by Elidrisy20: 4:42pm On Apr 19
If something happens now, Dem go say na God
Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by RichIgboBoy: 4:51pm On Apr 19
Nysc made me do this back then, I camped in Taraba state , passed through same
Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by adefowope14(m): 5:03pm On Apr 19
This is a Suicide mission
Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by BalogunIdowu(m): 5:13pm On Apr 19
Zonefree:

Market boats carry heavier loads than that vehicle.

Common view in the Asian region...not new
Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by ABBEYsammy01(m): 5:13pm On Apr 19
Holluwhakemmy:

They don't allow anyone to sit inside bus, I've crossed that Ibi river how many times sef?

1 Like

Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by Kingzmate(m): 5:45pm On Apr 19
THEIR LIFE JACKET NA THE BUS grin

I GUESS cool
Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by Ibman: 5:51pm On Apr 19
You never see anything... that canoe carries two cars ie J5 loaded with goods. Even coaster bus.
I have passed that route severally. My only problem is that no life jacks there and the government hasn't done anything to promote safety of passengers by enforcing the use of life jacks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos City: Allen Avenue And Opebi In Pictures (Video) / Top Mistakes To Avoid During A Visa Interview / Plastic Roads: The Possible End Of Pot Holes And Flood In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.