Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,110 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State (46265 Views)

Container Falls On A Fully Loaded Bus At Ojuelegba Bridge, Lagos / Rider And Passengers Injured As Over Speeding Boy Rams Lexus Into Keke In Delta / Fully Loaded Bus Plunged Into Ebonyi River (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by aikyg(m): 2:00pm On Apr 19
The boats are known as Pontoon. They carry heavy vehicles across rivers that do not have strong bridges for the car to drive over the river.

1 Like

Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by jendhorlee(m): 2:01pm On Apr 19
alpharoyalty:
A responsible government will build a bridge for that community.... but no, corruption will not allow it.
A bridge for the river is presently under construction

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by Josbreed: 2:01pm On Apr 19
alpharoyalty:
A responsible government will build a bridge for that community.... but no, corruption will not allow it.
The federal government wanted to build bridge years ago I think during Jonathan, but I heard the people refused because it will kill their livelyhood of ferrying.

2 Likes

Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by DonroxyII: 2:03pm On Apr 19
Josbreed:
I experienced this first hand. We eere ferried across with our corrola in 2019. This is at Ibi in Taraba state. Aboundary beyween Taraba and Plateau states.
Plateau na Jos... That's Benue O!
Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by Heavensent01(m): 2:03pm On Apr 19
No problem since they've already pour fanta inside the river
Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by alfredilly: 2:04pm On Apr 19
BluntCrazeMan:
NO LIFE JACKETS.??

THEY ARE NOT WEARING LIFE-JACKETS.??

This is their traditional means of transport and they have been doing it for years without life jacket. Those in river time area too don't talk about life jacket. There safety is the ability to swim. Even at that, accident is a rare occurrence

I'm from river rine area though i didn't grow up at home. I remember when we my dad would take us home during festive period. Part of the journey require small canoe boat journey to the destination. We were largely unskilled in swimming and we still packed ourselves in those both without like life jacket. Only God saved us in those days.

2 Likes

Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by blowjohn(m): 2:04pm On Apr 19
haybhi1:
Physics:
1. Archimedes principle
2. Law of floatation

It's the duty of the state govt

Upthrust
Buoyancy
Density

Oboy! Thank God I nor dey write those kind exams again

1 Like

Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by Prolificgiant(m): 2:05pm On Apr 19
This is not a new thing at all,safety precautions should be taken into consideration,for your nysc deployment or redeployment to the state of your choice check my signature for my contact
Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by Agugbadin: 2:05pm On Apr 19
No life jackets on board.
Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by EzekielAkins: 2:05pm On Apr 19
GistMedia0:
Canoe Carries Loaded Bus Across River in Taraba State, Nigeria, Without Life Jackets: shocked

A small canoe in Taraba State, Nigeria, defied expectations by ferrying a fully loaded bus and its passengers across a river.

Eyewitnesses report that the bus, packed with passengers and goods, was attempting to cross the river when it encountered difficulties. With no bridge in sight and no other means of transportation available, the passengers and driver made the daring decision to load the bus onto a small canoe.

What ensued was a nerve-wracking journey as the overloaded canoe struggled against the currents, carrying both the weight of the bus and the apprehensions of its occupants. Passengers were forced to cling to the back of the vehicle inside the precarious boat, with no life jackets in sight to ensure their safety.

Videos of the extraordinary scene quickly circulated on social media, drawing both shock and concern from viewers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rga6b884928

This River Benue Cutting across Ibi in Taraba state.

This folks on the canoe are Federal University Wukari students.

Risking their lives and laughing at same time!

Well you won't blame them sha. The way those canoe drivers will convince you ehn u will think they are Aqua Man siblings!!
Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by FireUpNow(m): 2:05pm On Apr 19
Idebaj:
This is an expensive joke

That boat understands the waters so we'll of not the driver and the passengers would take that risk.
Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by Thazard(m): 2:06pm On Apr 19
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggarrrr

Shebi them wear life jacket...Anyway as far as the uptrust is equal or proportional to the weight of the bus no wahalar...the canoe will float and it won't Submerged

The only water I love is bathroom water

Any other water na no go area for me... a female friend of mine invited me to her marriage that year in on ijaw village in Edo state....o boy when I realize say na River we need to cross. I nor go the marriage..I just ask for her account wire her small thing

Swears down

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by Dcoy: 2:06pm On Apr 19
Nothing to see here....
Attention seekers.
This is river ibi linking shendam plateau state to ibi towards wukari taraba state.
More than 2k vehicles cross over daily..
This is the period of the year with the kindest water current...
Even at its peak in August September, thousands of vehicles pass through daily...
Bridge still under construction... very very slowly though...

2 Likes

Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by masterflowx(m): 2:07pm On Apr 19
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggarrrr

Shebi them wear life jacket...Anyway as far as the uptrust is equal or proportional to the weight of the bus no wahalar...the canoe will float and it won't Submerged

The only water I love is bathroom water

Any other water na no go area for me...

You're not a man enough.
After the janja that you're smoking every minutes you still don't have courage to enter lagoon without life jacket.
Is like you're just smoking janjja for smoking sake.
Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by alfredilly: 2:14pm On Apr 19
Dcoy:
Nothing to see here....
Attention seekers.
This is river ibi linking shendam plateau state to ibi towards wukari taraba state.
More than 2k vehicles cross over daily..
This is the period of the year with the kindest water current...
Even at its peak in August September, thousands of vehicles pass through daily...
Bridge still under construction... very very slowly though...

That still doesn't guarantee safety for non swimmer in the event of accidents unless the water is too very shallow for people to drown in

1 Like

Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by haphizz57(m): 2:16pm On Apr 19
Come to Lokoja, Na common thing there. Sometimes dem dey carry more dan one motor cross water
Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by Offpoint1: 2:17pm On Apr 19
None with life jacket and probably only 2 or 3 can swim
Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by SMARTMOTORS(m): 2:22pm On Apr 19
We did during my NYsc days.... that was where some offered me a bucket of Oranges for N100
Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 2:28pm On Apr 19
I don enter am more than twice @ Ibbi. No alternative, my heart dey my mouth.
Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by Kaa4(m): 2:29pm On Apr 19
We have forgotten nothing and learnt nothing. Why are we so stubborn and as recetly as two weeks ago. Junior Pope's death has taught us nothing. Where are the life jackets?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by Erums(m): 2:30pm On Apr 19
hope them don give the river goddess fanta?
Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by Faposky95: 2:32pm On Apr 19
Idebaj:

Not really....
Na because people die the last time.....
You no see wetin ship dey carry......?!
This is the way,
Necessity bringing out innovation locally.....
Look closely and you'll see ferry service.
As I said, the APC...poor people
Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by MIKOLOWISKA: 2:33pm On Apr 19
alpharoyalty:
for how many ppl? Would you buy a private jet and use it only once a month. That is not responsible

1 Like

Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by Saao(m): 2:33pm On Apr 19
These guys are Jukum, Jukum are used to it

2 Likes

Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by Goodson15: 2:34pm On Apr 19
No life jackets
Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by Xiaohei(m): 2:39pm On Apr 19
So the state government can’t construct a bridge across the river? The lives of common Nigerians are dirt cheap.
Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by bewla(m): 2:40pm On Apr 19
Idebaj:
Now you won't talk ooo God forbid accident you say nija na course

1 Like

Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by SmartyPants(m): 2:43pm On Apr 19
That's a ferry not a canoe.
Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by Successlane: 2:43pm On Apr 19
And without LIFE JACKETS !!!!!!!!

Which body is in charge of safety on our water ways?

Shame on them.
Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by superCleanworks(m): 2:44pm On Apr 19
Josbreed:
I experienced this first hand. We eere ferried across with our corrola in 2019. This is at Ibi in Taraba state. Aboundary beyween Taraba and Plateau states.

how much did you guys pay for that?
Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 2:46pm On Apr 19
GanagiBitrus:
Accidents of boat mishaps occur One in a Million.
You are only unfortunate if you are involved in that One in a Million accident.

But Is it worth risking your life? Better to get a life jacket.
Nigeria are daft and stupid... How much is lifejacket even if you can't afford one . There are many tutorials on YouTube on how to make lifejacket at home without spending... Nah only Eba we Sabi chop for this country

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Before And After Pictures Of Ebute-Metta Train Station / Old Ojo Road, Lagos New Sin City: Residents Lament As Brothels Take Over / Lagos City: Allen Avenue And Opebi In Pictures (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.