Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,703 members, 7,816,876 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

Aba Residents Groan As Rain Washes Off Newly Constructed People's Road (Video) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Aba Residents Groan As Rain Washes Off Newly Constructed People's Road (Video) (35106 Views)

Ikotun Road Collapses After Downpour, Residents Groan / Ohanmi Road Washes Off Two Months After Completion (Photos) / Flood Washes Off Part Of Kwaita Bridge Along Lokoja - Abuja Expressway (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aba Residents Groan As Rain Washes Off Newly Constructed People's Road (Video) by Basic123: 11:27am On Apr 20
Raskimonojendor:
I won't be suprised if Otti ends performing below average after 4 years. Obidients have turned him into a god (after Peter Obi) despite the mediocrity. He doesn't even need a department for propaganda . Obidients are doing a free job for him in that aspect grin
People wey carry Barth Nnaji 16yrs power project go give ALEX OTTI of 6months.Come dey shout Alex otti gave Abia 24hrs electricity in 6months.

The man BARTH NNAJI wey do the project name was completely erased and his glory looted by the OBI-RODENTS

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aba Residents Groan As Rain Washes Off Newly Constructed People's Road (Video) by Basic123: 11:31am On Apr 20
Christistruth00:
I wanted to comment on the Abia Port Harcourt road earlier and say it would be spoiled in two
Years if it didn’t have correct drainage by the side

Gov Hope Uzodinma of Imo can give you training on correct road Constructions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nz_JV2BS35s?si=9eq1Xd3GHCvnmPkV

Obidients ehn...they will suppress the achievement of any governor they don't like and escalate rubbish and gutters done by ALEX OTTI ....as in!

1 Like

Re: Aba Residents Groan As Rain Washes Off Newly Constructed People's Road (Video) by Tendd: 11:39am On Apr 20
So sad.And this is only April month when we have intermittent rain. It would then be a disaster in the coming months of the rainy seasons.Nonetheless,this is a national issue and the citizens are also part of the problem.
Take a look at the drainage in the video,it's already filled with lots of garbage.The water way will remain blocked if you throw in things in the gutter or drainage and the water subsequently will find its way into your homes and shops.lt is that simple.
Re: Aba Residents Groan As Rain Washes Off Newly Constructed People's Road (Video) by Good2go1: 11:43am On Apr 20
The voice on that video says it is under construction
opamoses1:

Road is well completed. This is same road before the rain.
Re: Aba Residents Groan As Rain Washes Off Newly Constructed People's Road (Video) by Good2go1: 11:44am On Apr 20
That road is under construction
ASAPFERG:
I thought alex otti was better than Lee Kuan Yew
Re: Aba Residents Groan As Rain Washes Off Newly Constructed People's Road (Video) by Ezewuzie01: 11:47am On Apr 20
Obi-rodents no go gree o. Abia is the only state they got so they will defend the governor's incompetence with all they've got grin

4 Likes

Re: Aba Residents Groan As Rain Washes Off Newly Constructed People's Road (Video) by greypencils: 11:48am On Apr 20
Otti is working. If this happened in Lagos, all hell will be let loose by our lousy neighbours.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aba Residents Groan As Rain Washes Off Newly Constructed People's Road (Video) by SmartMen: 11:52am On Apr 20
CodeTemplar:
That state needs a waste recycling startup.
The entire country needs that... but not without government support. It is an untapped niche with currently just a few players in there.
Re: Aba Residents Groan As Rain Washes Off Newly Constructed People's Road (Video) by yarimo(m): 12:08pm On Apr 20
YourKarma:

You and your fellow urchins are a complete disgrace. Did you watch the video at all? That's a road still under construction
substandard road construction
Re: Aba Residents Groan As Rain Washes Off Newly Constructed People's Road (Video) by wolebest: 12:18pm On Apr 20
opamoses1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6uxGxn4Ov0?si=VsvCUQOEswMQnoPp

This is devastating, people's lives and properties are being endangered.
Re: Aba Residents Groan As Rain Washes Off Newly Constructed People's Road (Video) by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:21pm On Apr 20
onuman:

I can't say you Yorubas are hypocrites. In fact, hardly any Igbo person can write that. I am not poorly educated like you. You are a sadist and poorly informed.
Sorry to burst your bubble oga, I am no Yoruba.
Also, it’s not like I want to criticize Alex Otti on a personal level as you and your hypocritical tribesmen love to do, but I am just holding you hypocrites up to the same standards you have used to judge others.
Re: Aba Residents Groan As Rain Washes Off Newly Constructed People's Road (Video) by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:21pm On Apr 20
YourKarma:

You Yorubas are two-faced.

Guy watch that video video before commenting nonsense just to ridicule a working governor.
That's a road under construction. Did you see the completed portion of the road at the end of the video? It's still solid. The houses on the side of the road got flooded because the road is on a higher level than the houses. A channel should be built to move floodwaters to the gutter, I'm sure this will be added as the road is under construction. The fool who made the video just showed y'all parts of the road with debris because he knows that's what you people want to see
Also, it’s not like I want to criticize Alex Otti on a personal level as you and your hypocritical tribesmen love to do, but I am just holding you hypocrites up to the same standards you have used to judge others.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aba Residents Groan As Rain Washes Off Newly Constructed People's Road (Video) by onuman: 12:25pm On Apr 20
NOETHNICITY:

You even deny your ethnicity. Shorrup your stinking mouth and return to school.
Re: Aba Residents Groan As Rain Washes Off Newly Constructed People's Road (Video) by Hjamiyu: 12:28pm On Apr 20
What do you expect from Aba made

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aba Residents Groan As Rain Washes Off Newly Constructed People's Road (Video) by slimthugchimee2(m): 12:32pm On Apr 20
Christistruth00:
I wanted to comment on the Abia Port Harcourt road earlier and say it would be spoiled in two
Years if it didn’t have correct drainage by the side

Gov Hope Uzodinma of Imo can give you training on correct road Constructions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nz_JV2BS35s?si=9eq1Xd3GHCvnmPkV

Someyhing being constructed by Julius Berger lol 🤡🤡🤡
Re: Aba Residents Groan As Rain Washes Off Newly Constructed People's Road (Video) by AriyaTV: 12:35pm On Apr 20
Justnation:
Alex Otti is doing a great job reshaping Abia state for the better.
That road is work in progress. The part that has been completed is still intact only the remaining part that is not yet coal tarred.
Agbado propaganda cannot work in Abia state

That is a fat lie. The road is completed. I don't know why you guys hate to accept defeat.

This is the road.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aba Residents Groan As Rain Washes Off Newly Constructed People's Road (Video) by Prolificgiant(m): 12:41pm On Apr 20
Namaster:
Governments in Nigeria need to start PROSECUTING useless contractors. Especially the foreign ones who construct shitty roads and buildings.

They should be SUED into extinction.

They come to Nigeria and build low quality roads at EXHORBITANT prices. Bleep all of them!

There is NO excuse for a newly constructed road to be UTTERLY destroyed less than 1 year after it was constructed. The construction company should be held liable to the extent of damaged buildings and properties. And for the reputational damage to Abia State Government.

Nigerians thought them how to do substandard road and share the money...An average Nigerian is very unpatriotic
Re: Aba Residents Groan As Rain Washes Off Newly Constructed People's Road (Video) by CAPITALBEE: 12:48pm On Apr 20
There should have been a connecting drainage system with good depth at the point where you see the water pouring.

This was obviously not factored into the design of the road, and would lead it's deterioration in the near future.
Re: Aba Residents Groan As Rain Washes Off Newly Constructed People's Road (Video) by Kaybaba5(m): 12:52pm On Apr 20
Raskimonojendor:

Soil testing should have been done to determine level of reinforcement the foundation would require before the construction. In summary, na poor quality of work the contractor did. Money wasted.
Stop believing all this rubbish on social media
I believe the road is yet completed cos Julius berger cannot do this kind of job.
Re: Aba Residents Groan As Rain Washes Off Newly Constructed People's Road (Video) by Justnation: 12:53pm On Apr 20
AriyaTV:

That is a fat lie. The road is completed. I don't know why you guys hate to accept defeat.

This is the road.

Which defeat do you want to accept,
Mumu man continue to deceive yourself

PETER OBI is the best for the presidency

Otti is working, Abia state is marching forward.
Take it or leave it.
Re: Aba Residents Groan As Rain Washes Off Newly Constructed People's Road (Video) by Basic123: 1:07pm On Apr 20
Justnation:

Which defeat do you want to accept,
Mumu man continue to deceive yourself

PETER OBI is the best for the presidency

Otti is working, Abia state is marching forward.
Take it or leave it.
Is it by force

You sha want force this propaganda than our throat 😆
Re: Aba Residents Groan As Rain Washes Off Newly Constructed People's Road (Video) by KayB: 1:11pm On Apr 20
Shoddy project by the purported action governor supported by online bandits
Re: Aba Residents Groan As Rain Washes Off Newly Constructed People's Road (Video) by Mrexcell(m): 1:27pm On Apr 20
Raskimonojendor:

Soil testing should have been done to determine level of reinforcement the foundation would require before the construction. In summary, na poor quality of work the contractor did. Money wasted.

Yes u are right the whole fault should go to the contractor for not doing a proper feasibility study before embarking on the job the former governor was using concrete but otti abandoned it to use asphalt instead.
Re: Aba Residents Groan As Rain Washes Off Newly Constructed People's Road (Video) by Mrexcell(m): 1:32pm On Apr 20
Justnation:
Alex Otti is doing a great job reshaping Abia state for the better.
That road is work in progress. The part that has been completed is still intact only the remaining part that is not yet coal tarred.
Agbado propaganda cannot work in Abia state

Otti should have continued with the concrete ikpeazu used instead of asphalt because of the
terrain of that area.

1 Like

Re: Aba Residents Groan As Rain Washes Off Newly Constructed People's Road (Video) by NOETHNICITY(m): 1:48pm On Apr 20
onuman:

You even deny your ethnicity. Shorrup your stinking mouth and return to school.
Silence is all you get from me henceforth
I don’t engage pigs
Re: Aba Residents Groan As Rain Washes Off Newly Constructed People's Road (Video) by evictor305: 2:25pm On Apr 20
What are you talking, This is a natural disaster, but do you even understand the process of contract execution? A consultant must have gone there before to do some studies, then the road plan will be drawn and handed over the body awarding the contract, The contractor is there to execute according to the Bill and the cost of any further alteration without the approval of the owner will be on the contractor
Namaster:
Governments in Nigeria need to start PROSECUTING useless contractors. Especially the foreign ones who construct shitty roads and buildings.

They should be SUED into extinction.

They come to Nigeria and build low quality roads at EXHORBITANT prices. Bleep all of them!

There is NO excuse for a newly constructed road to be UTTERLY destroyed less than 1 year after it was constructed. The construction company should be held liable to the extent of damaged buildings and properties. And for the reputational damage to Abia State Government.

Re: Aba Residents Groan As Rain Washes Off Newly Constructed People's Road (Video) by MrBONE2(m): 2:59pm On Apr 20
ObiPandora:
Wahala ! The mods that moved the other Alex Otti/ Abia thread to the frontpage should do the same immediately to this thread n not move it to frontpage in the midnight when all Nigerians are asleep.
Tooo Late, cos Da deed hayaaf being done
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aba Residents Groan As Rain Washes Off Newly Constructed People's Road (Video) by NOwazobia: 3:02pm On Apr 20
We are so shameless in this country.

Look are the young adults blaming contractors now because it is Alex, an LP governor which I suspect is their major reason.

In another thread when something related happened, they were blaming the governor, not the contractor.

I bet if it was a federal road, lots of abuses would have landed on Tinubu, and I will also join in the abuses.

If the labour Youths will cover up their own in a case of misdeed, then the party and its youth are no better than PDP and APC that we all abuse today.

It is now obvious that if it was Obi in Tinubu shoes today, the youth would have also built up defenses to defend this present incompetency.

You all are no better, and come 2027, I now know better.

Tueh!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aba Residents Groan As Rain Washes Off Newly Constructed People's Road (Video) by KingHonour(m): 3:39pm On Apr 20
Region of Substandard infrastructures
Re: Aba Residents Groan As Rain Washes Off Newly Constructed People's Road (Video) by onuman: 4:26pm On Apr 20
NOETHNICITY:
Silence is all you get from me henceforth
I don’t engage pigs

Good you have retired to your Akwaya where envy will eventually kee you. Next time think before you come to a public space to open your begrudged mindset, get better education.
Re: Aba Residents Groan As Rain Washes Off Newly Constructed People's Road (Video) by nesphil(m): 4:48pm On Apr 20
I thought they said that JB is building all the roads in Abia State.

Noise makers and empty chest beaters.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aba Residents Groan As Rain Washes Off Newly Constructed People's Road (Video) by KoshCAD: 6:23pm On Apr 20
YorubaDemonswag:

I'm here to burst agbadorian plopaganda onlygrin

Otti is working and Abia is moving albeit backwards
Na mansion wey full everywhere there I just Dey look hahaha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Helicopter Tour Of Downtown Toronto / World Most Dangerous Airports / The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.