Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,939 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

25 Passengers Burnt To Death In Kogi Accident - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 25 Passengers Burnt To Death In Kogi Accident (19835 Views)

10 Passengers Burnt To Death In Oyo Auto Crash / 18 Passengers Burnt As Bus Collides With Trailer In Bauchi / 5 Passengers Burnt To Death After Bus Catches Fire While Travelling To Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

25 Passengers Burnt To Death In Kogi Accident by MrCover: 5:28am On Apr 22
No fewer than 25 lives have been claimed in a ghastly accident that occurred at Aloma in Ofu Local Government Area of Kogi State, on Sunday.

LEADERSHIP reliably gathered that the accident occurred on Sunday morning when a fully loaded Toyota Sienna bus collided with a Toyota Hiace bus and another articulated vehicle.

Eyewitness account stated that the two vehicles collided while attempting to negotiate a pothole on the road and caught fire immediately, burning all the occupants to death.

Another eyewitness told LEADERSHIP that the accident, which happened in front of Aloma Teachers’ College, involved two buses and a trailer.

All the passengers in the Toyota bus, including the driver were burnt to death.

Those in the sienna bus too were burnt, with no survivor. An articulated vehicle that packed nearby the incident also caught fire in the process and burnt to ashes. A house closer to the area was also destroyed by the raging inferno.

“We are yet to confirm of any survivor, except those in the packed articulated vehicle,” said Adejo Usman, a resident of Aloma.

He said the villagers could not do anything to rescue some trapped passengers due to absence of fighting equipment.

Meanwhile, the Kogi State Sector Commander of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), Mr. Samuel Ayodeji, when contacted could not respond.

Source: https://leadership.ng/25-passengers-burnt-to-death-in-kogi-accident/

1 Like

Re: 25 Passengers Burnt To Death In Kogi Accident by MrCover: 5:28am On Apr 22
God Almighty Please Protect Me From EVIL

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: 25 Passengers Burnt To Death In Kogi Accident by Towncrier007(m): 5:30am On Apr 22
To be honest you will never fully understand when death knocks, I've almost had a near death experience,while I was travelling to sch way back,inside the vehicle I kept having flashes of accidents,but then I was thought by my pastor to voice out using the word of God against the flashes,I will see and counter, in my life I have never experienced such... The driver was drunk with sachet gin,and we almost had accident over 5 times.

The night before the journey,they was dreams of accident on the road. But speaking out using the name of Jesus against the evil imaginations was the key. Thanks be unto God I am alive

119 Likes 1 Share

Re: 25 Passengers Burnt To Death In Kogi Accident by MrCover: 5:32am On Apr 22
Towncrier007:
Sad

E Shock You 😲
Re: 25 Passengers Burnt To Death In Kogi Accident by AqualinaXYZ: 5:38am On Apr 22
Imagine living in hell(Nigeria) still got burnt to death

Oga ooo

18 Likes

Re: 25 Passengers Burnt To Death In Kogi Accident by Hezzyluv: 5:38am On Apr 22
MrCover:

RIP to the deaths.

You brought sad news and became self centered in your prayer abi?

12 Likes

Re: 25 Passengers Burnt To Death In Kogi Accident by superCleanworks(m): 6:16am On Apr 22
Hezzyluv:
RIP to the deaths.

You brought sad news and became self centered in your prayer abi?

Na where MrCover dey work na there him dey see food chop.

1 Like

Re: 25 Passengers Burnt To Death In Kogi Accident by superCleanworks(m): 6:20am On Apr 22
What what a horrible way to die. I don't want to imagine it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 25 Passengers Burnt To Death In Kogi Accident by Peakdesign23(m): 8:08am On Apr 22
Omo… Road accident, water accident, death. God Abeg o.
May God strengthen thier family members, this is really painful.😓

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 25 Passengers Burnt To Death In Kogi Accident by Asmmi: 8:53am On Apr 22
This is disheartening
Re: 25 Passengers Burnt To Death In Kogi Accident by Gbadugbakun(m): 8:53am On Apr 22
Rip to them
Re: 25 Passengers Burnt To Death In Kogi Accident by Mko123(m): 8:53am On Apr 22
Q
Re: 25 Passengers Burnt To Death In Kogi Accident by PortHarcourtcit(m): 8:53am On Apr 22
Rip
Re: 25 Passengers Burnt To Death In Kogi Accident by Jovi10: 8:54am On Apr 22
Caused by the governments failure to provide good roads. Lots of deaths happening in Nigeria are avoidable but the government is just so useless and some Nigerians will still be defending the government that should the government be doing everything for us. Please what is it that we benefit from Nigeria as citizens. Mention just one thing.

10 Likes

Re: 25 Passengers Burnt To Death In Kogi Accident by ecomalchemistt(m): 8:54am On Apr 22
Rest in peace
Re: 25 Passengers Burnt To Death In Kogi Accident by Mamapikinnimi(m): 8:55am On Apr 22
This is terrible... RIP to the deceased
Re: 25 Passengers Burnt To Death In Kogi Accident by God1blessBiafra: 8:56am On Apr 22
What a Tragedy

Bad roads caused by bad government.

Nigeria kill and loose it citizens more than those fighting war.

End Nigeria to save lives..

1 Like

Re: 25 Passengers Burnt To Death In Kogi Accident by SpecialAdviser(m): 8:56am On Apr 22
Towncrier007:
To be honest you will never fully understand when death knocks, I've almost had a near death experience,while I was travelling to sch way back,inside the vehicle I kept having flashes of accidents,but then I was thought by my pastor to voice out using the word of God against the flashes,I will see and counter, in my life I have never experienced such... The driver was drunk with sachet gin,and we almost had accident over 5 times.

The night before the journey,they was dreams of accident on the road. But speaking out using the name of Jesus against the evil imaginations was the key. Thanks be unto God I am alive
Driver was drunk but you are relying on what your pastor told you. You even have the effontry to tell us those words saved.

If you had died, the beating you will receive from angels no be here. You refused to use your God gifted brain and chose to fall for what your pastor told you. I'm a Christian, I believe in Jesus. But Jesus is always unhappy the way we reason over here.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 25 Passengers Burnt To Death In Kogi Accident by CalabarPikin: 8:56am On Apr 22
Heartbreaking

The funny part, all these people prayed before leaving the house and even before the vehicle moved.

RIP

3 Likes

Re: 25 Passengers Burnt To Death In Kogi Accident by Starhearts: 8:58am On Apr 22
MrCover:

U be OP
And again u be first to comment.

Who knack u hammer 🔨 4 head

2 Likes

Re: 25 Passengers Burnt To Death In Kogi Accident by Haaland21: 8:59am On Apr 22
AqualinaXYZ:
Imagine living in hell(Nigeria) still got burnt to death

Oga ooo

Give your life to Jesus, so you won't go to hell.
Re: 25 Passengers Burnt To Death In Kogi Accident by EdiskyHarry: 9:00am On Apr 22
Most of these accidents are due to lack of proper road maintenance.

6 Likes

Re: 25 Passengers Burnt To Death In Kogi Accident by Mindlog: 9:01am On Apr 22
Sad.
Re: 25 Passengers Burnt To Death In Kogi Accident by Confirm4real(m): 9:01am On Apr 22
Jovi10:
Caused by the governments failure to provide good roads. Lots of deaths happening in Nigeria are avoidable but the government is just so useless and some Nigerians will still be defending the government that should the government be doing everything for us. Please what is it that we benefit from Nigeria as citizens. Mention just one thing.

Nothing o such a useless Corntree.
Re: 25 Passengers Burnt To Death In Kogi Accident by id4sho(m): 9:02am On Apr 22
Towncrier007:

Follow your instincts next time. You are your own prophet

1 Like

Re: 25 Passengers Burnt To Death In Kogi Accident by UnknownT: 9:02am On Apr 22
sad
Re: 25 Passengers Burnt To Death In Kogi Accident by dododawa1: 9:03am On Apr 22
Jovi10:
what of drunk and overspending drivers.

1 Like

Re: 25 Passengers Burnt To Death In Kogi Accident by iampeterben(m): 9:05am On Apr 22
The roads are hungry use train. May their soul RIP, what a wicked and cruel way to die.
Re: 25 Passengers Burnt To Death In Kogi Accident by PlutoChief: 9:05am On Apr 22
Very sad, Yahya Bello why na?
Re: 25 Passengers Burnt To Death In Kogi Accident by Verbtips(m): 9:06am On Apr 22
MrCover:
mr cover to the prayshocked
i think say you are already covered

1 Like

Re: 25 Passengers Burnt To Death In Kogi Accident by ShugaSneh: 9:07am On Apr 22
Check my signature to see why they all died.....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Any Nairalander In Kenya Can I Hustle In Kenya? / 4 Smart Things To Do When Stranded / COVID-19: Air Peace To Suspend Operations On Friday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.