Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,081 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock (17059 Views)

You Miss Someones Calls And Refused To Call Back Yet You Pray For Destiny Helper / I Hate Making Calls: Am I The Only Human Who Hate This? / MY Infinix Hot4lite Phone Sensor Light Dont Off When Making Calls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock by BluntCrazeMan: 10:34am On Apr 22
Time continue to move into the FUTURE
Re: Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock by slaawomirr: 10:34am On Apr 22
Damnnn niggar
Re: Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock by bluefilm: 10:34am On Apr 22
Mikespecialone:
MTN really bless us then with night calls , collect a lady number in the morning , toast ham for midnight with correct grammar and energy

Is night call still working?

I remember back in those days in 2008 when na only midnite call we dey do
Re: Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock by Parydelegate: 10:34am On Apr 22
Xtracool

1 Like

Re: Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock by CJStarz: 10:34am On Apr 22
Affliction shall not rise a second time.
MTN needs to apologise to Nigerians for that exploitation and wickedness.
God used GLO humble them.
Re: Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock by PortHarcourtcit(m): 10:34am On Apr 22
B
Re: Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock by Lawalemi(m): 10:36am On Apr 22
APC destroyed. They lied they were coming to build and used many gullible Nigerians
Re: Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock by goodyvin02(m): 10:36am On Apr 22
I lived in that time
Re: Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock by Mikespecialone(m): 10:39am On Apr 22
bluefilm:

Is night call still working?

I remember back in those in 2008 when na only midnite we dey do

MTN don scrap ham taytay
Re: Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock by Adewale1603(m): 10:39am On Apr 22
Are there still these business call centres again?
When almost everybody has a smartphone now, even kids
Re: Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock by cosm19(f): 10:40am On Apr 22
Dogalmighty17:

Jennyclay is that you?
lol....Any amount will be much appreciated, im not Jennyclay or Erelu.Thanks
Re: Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock by Fidecoo(m): 10:42am On Apr 22
Juwessgratitud3:

Na all those yeye boyfriends dey use midnight calls disturb person. I hate that thing? Me that likes my sleep.

I never really engaged in midnight calls cos I would have done all my calls with the office landline during the day. So I avoid midnight calls.

Na student boyfriends de use that thing pass and me I was already a working class then and only deal with working class men that we talk on phone during official hours. With my chairman landline o...

Hope say you Don marry by now,sha??
Re: Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock by tankoagaie: 10:44am On Apr 22
Mikespecialone:
MTN really bless us then with night calls , collect a lady number in the morning , toast ham for midnight with correct grammar and energy

And that was when love was love not now that love is money

2 Likes

Re: Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock by westlius(m): 10:46am On Apr 22
terrence12:

Hmmm.. misogynistic gay
And what do you know of the indomie generation
How do u know some1 is guy when u not seen them
All this indomie generations like u will just spit nonsense
Re: Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock by ericmor: 10:47am On Apr 22
cosm19:
Good morning Nl family, i just created this monika this morning because of shame, i'm a old member of Nl with good reputation.
I've been battling with financial problem and inability to sustain my little crumbling business...I'm depressed, the whole situation is killing me, i need help to get foodstuffs that can last a couple of weeks or 1 month.
Rice, palm oil and garri, i need just little time to rebuild my business capital without spending from the profit..
Thanks in advance and May God bless you all as you assist me...
Moneypoint
Nikkymore

NL people use style kala. I had this kind of issue with my business shop at the time of subsidy removal and i seek for help here but no single one person responded. That shop has been closed ever since then till now because I have to manage the little I'm getting from street hustle to feed myself and the family even tho it's not enough. I wish you good luck anyway
Re: Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock by Nwaajasa: 10:53am On Apr 22
Mikespecialone:
you remind me of extra cool of 12am-4:30am

1 Like

Re: Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock by phemray(m): 10:53am On Apr 22
Bullfallo:
Those day when making phone calls you will be looking at the clock at the same time and be calculating the minutes. It was 25 naira per minutes and that money was very big then.

Mtn was doing per minute billing. If you must flash someone you must be very good at it because once they pick it and you quickly cut it. Mtn would still charge you per minutes. So even when you have nothing to say again you will just be on the phone exhausting it and end call 59 seconds.

A US dollar was less than 100 then. And Nigeria still had purchasing power to dollar ratio. Until APC came destroyed everything.

Lolz, When last was 1dollar equals to 100 naira in Nigeria? It was during the military. Also, MTN charges 50naira per minute at the begining and the smallest recharge card then was 750 naira to expired in 7days. A dollar was around 150naira. Yes everyone keeps to time and always on standby to end the call.
Re: Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock by Mikespecialone(m): 10:54am On Apr 22
tankoagaie:

U are right 👍
Re: Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock by Timoleon(m): 10:54am On Apr 22
Offpoint1:
We dey guide N100 card that time with maximum security untill 12:00am grin cheesy
Era wey free 10mb go carry you like 2 weeks, bois dey hustle free browsing cheatz upandan. Respect to Sefan and Waptrick. Heartbreak was when you get mind download something of 1mb and downloading failed at 96% grin grin 1mb was like 10gb grin

A wasted mb out of your meagre 10mb who born you well to sleep well? You dey guide 100naira waiting for midnight, you say make you flash person wey you wan call later make e dey ready d person pick am your credit turn to 98 naira immediately. Na sad night dey wait for you so.

1 Like

Re: Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock by djkirkoo2(m): 10:54am On Apr 22
Dogalmighty17:
Mtn dealt with us that time.
Imagine useless sim card that no one will even pick from the ground now. I bought mine that time for 68k. Long before then some bought sim card at 200k.

Then you will buy recharge card and still buy booster on top! Booster was 3k upward o! MTN una be thief! What the hell was booster?

MTN said per second billing was impossible. It was glo that came and they had to sit up. MTN has made money from this country walahi.
you are a very big liar. There was no time SIM was sold above 30-35k. Stop deceiving people.
Re: Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock by cosm19(f): 10:55am On Apr 22
ericmor:

NL people use style kala. I had this kind of issue with my business shop at the time of subsidy removal and i seek for help here but no single one person responded. That shop has been closed ever since then till now because I have to manage the little I'm getting from street hustle to feed myself and the family even tho it's not enough. I wish you good luck anyway
Thanks, the only street hustle here is hookup, in real life no man will help a lady without asking for sex in return...I hope and pray a good samaritan comes my way, i have so much believe in my business, is just that the present economy makes my daily bread bigger than my daily income..

1 Like

Re: Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock by Mikespecialone(m): 10:55am On Apr 22
Nwaajasa:
you remind me of extra cool of 12am-4:30am

Exactly what am saying
Re: Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock by Igahbarr: 10:56am On Apr 22
Na GLO stopped this nonsense. All thanks to Glo network !

2 Likes

Re: Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock by Timoleon(m): 10:57am On Apr 22
tankoagaie:

Then you are genuinely happy to hear each other's voice. When una don talk reach morning una go begin 'you end the call, no you should end the call....you did not end it...mtn will cut my 100naira o'

Chai, memories kwa.

3 Likes

Re: Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock by MetalJigsaw(m): 10:58am On Apr 22
Offpoint1:
We dey guide N100 card that time with maximum security untill 12:00am grin cheesy
Era wey free 10mb go carry you like 2 weeks, bois dey hustle free browsing cheatz upandan. Respect to Sefan and Waptrick. Heartbreak was when you get mind download something of 1mb and downloading failed at 96% grin grin 1mb was like 10gb grin
And the downloading would take so long.
Re: Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock by shedy03(m): 11:03am On Apr 22
toygod2:
cHAI.

dEM MILK US THAT YEAR
Nigerians no suppose de use MTN wallai
Re: Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock by bobbiiee: 11:11am On Apr 22
Ending call at 59 seconds was a mistake I don't like to make. It usually rolled to the next minute. My calls hardly go beyond 57 seconds except when I want to exceed a minute. I realised that the network had a way of adding another 2 seconds to it.

Bullfallo:
Those day when making phone calls you will be looking at the clock at the same time and be calculating the minutes. It was 25 naira per minutes and that money was very big then.

Mtn was doing per minute billing. If you must flash someone you must be very good at it because once they pick it and you quickly cut it. Mtn would still charge you per minutes. So even when you have nothing to say again you will just be on the phone exhausting it and end call 59 seconds.

A US dollar was less than 100 then. And Nigeria still had purchasing power to dollar ratio. Until APC came destroyed everything.
Re: Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock by tommy589(m): 11:14am On Apr 22
Nemesis0147:
To make call for phone boot then be like say you wan buy land

You dey mind dem, when Nitel they give rate according to distance of trunk calls. Multi Links own na die
Re: Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock by Lithiumite: 11:15am On Apr 22
westlius:
Indomie generation won't understand

Funny they don't even appreciate how far we have come,they think things just happen or fall from the sky

1 Like

Re: Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock by papyjaypaul: 11:19am On Apr 22
This price discrimination and exploitation made Nigerians to start flashing. Nigerians can be ingenious when they have problems. Some people say it's not Air Peace that made BA crash their prices, they said it's Ethiopian Airlines. Nigeria is the market on this continent, we just have bad governance. Depsite that, it is still a rich market to make money from. Let government get serious and it will be el dorado
Re: Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock by horhlyray(m): 11:26am On Apr 22
libertyfather:
guy no rewind us to those days abeg... a minute call is 50naira network good or bad, especially u want flash dem pick am 50naira gone jst like that, validity nko? 2 weeks for 500 naira recharge cards no recharge u no receive after 2 weeks......we suffer oooooooo
na God go punish all of them especially the yello network
Re: Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock by Bullfallo(m): 11:26am On Apr 22
phemray:

Lolz, When last was 1dollar equals to 100 naira in Nigeria? It was during the military. Also, MTN charges 50naira per minute at the begining and the smallest recharge card then was 750 naira to expired in 7days. A dollar was around 150naira. Yes everyone keeps to time and always on standby to end the call.
obj tenure ends with dollars at 114

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Glo Apn For Blackberry Phones / How Do I Cancel Airtel Whatsapp Auto Renew? / Please How Can I Migrate From MTN Pulse To Beta Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.