Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

BDC Operator, Abubakar Mannir, Defrauds Indian Businessman Of $737,000 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BDC Operator, Abubakar Mannir, Defrauds Indian Businessman Of $737,000 (21459 Views)

Mannir Dan’iya, Sokoto Deputy Governor Joins APC After $5m Deal - DailyNigerian / Inec Declares APC's Ahmed Mannir Winner Of Lere Federal Constituency / Mannir Dan-Iya Remains PDP Governorship Candidate In Sokoto Not Tambuwal - PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BDC Operator, Abubakar Mannir, Defrauds Indian Businessman Of $737,000 by Majesty7: 1:11pm On Apr 22
Paraman:
I wander why he couldn't buy the dollar through the right channel.

That's a huge amount of money

He will have to give explanation to CBN what he intends to use the money for.

Na thief, thief thief grin

1 Like

Re: BDC Operator, Abubakar Mannir, Defrauds Indian Businessman Of $737,000 by Matrix137(m): 1:13pm On Apr 22
I thought the Aboki people are known for their honesty.

What changed pls
Re: BDC Operator, Abubakar Mannir, Defrauds Indian Businessman Of $737,000 by Angelfrost(m): 1:17pm On Apr 22
Praxis758:
He’s not representing Nigeria, we are not knows for fraud but truthfulness.

Okay... Keep telling yourself that, while the next Nigerian close to you is looking out for opportunities to defraud someone else. grin

As it stands now... The Nigerian image out there is gone! Almost irreparable.
Re: BDC Operator, Abubakar Mannir, Defrauds Indian Businessman Of $737,000 by Jeje247: 1:18pm On Apr 22
Biodun556:

https://leadership.ng/bdc-operator-defrauds-indian-businessman-of-737000/#:~:text=A%20Bureau%20de%20change%20(BDC,Mr%20Manas%20Das%2C%20of%20%24737%2C015.00.
It would take you 6 years of spending 500k naira everyday to finish $900k at today's exchange rate
Re: BDC Operator, Abubakar Mannir, Defrauds Indian Businessman Of $737,000 by uvie66: 1:24pm On Apr 22
..... How can one pay $900k dollars upfront to a NIGERIAN, we know ourselves!!!!
Re: BDC Operator, Abubakar Mannir, Defrauds Indian Businessman Of $737,000 by LastProphet: 1:25pm On Apr 22
Biodun556:

https://leadership.ng/bdc-operator-defrauds-indian-businessman-of-737000/#:~:text=A%20Bureau%20de%20change%20(BDC,Mr%20Manas%20Das%2C%20of%20%24737%2C015.00.

That's not even Mannir's picture, who wrote this piece
Re: BDC Operator, Abubakar Mannir, Defrauds Indian Businessman Of $737,000 by onadana: 1:30pm On Apr 22
helinues:
Accused? The person wey Dem defraud no sabi his way to court abi his source of his money no clean?

Wetin you dey talk..think abeg...court go do wetin when the suspect us at large
Re: BDC Operator, Abubakar Mannir, Defrauds Indian Businessman Of $737,000 by victory36(m): 1:31pm On Apr 22
Praxis758:
this is a joke right?
Re: BDC Operator, Abubakar Mannir, Defrauds Indian Businessman Of $737,000 by onadana: 1:32pm On Apr 22
Nothing police will do,someone defrauded me of N10,800,000milliion in December 2022.Till date police are still investigating.

1 Like

Re: BDC Operator, Abubakar Mannir, Defrauds Indian Businessman Of $737,000 by studycenter: 1:34pm On Apr 22
Damn!
Re: BDC Operator, Abubakar Mannir, Defrauds Indian Businessman Of $737,000 by softthings: 1:34pm On Apr 22
onadana:

Wetin you dey talk..think abeg...court go do wetin when the suspect us at large
Ask am oo my brother
Re: BDC Operator, Abubakar Mannir, Defrauds Indian Businessman Of $737,000 by Flexyup: 1:38pm On Apr 22
It is a good thing this government has done to overhaul the entire system of bureau de change. I commend this govt on that single thread.
Re: BDC Operator, Abubakar Mannir, Defrauds Indian Businessman Of $737,000 by Prince2324: 1:40pm On Apr 22
Praxis758:
Nwam supu English after all English no be your papa language.
Re: BDC Operator, Abubakar Mannir, Defrauds Indian Businessman Of $737,000 by Kelklein(m): 1:47pm On Apr 22
Scammers always capitalize on your greed to scam you..

Instead of approaching the bank to do his transactions, he decided to use a BDC so that he can get a higher rate.. see the result now🤔

If not that criminality is criminality and cannot be allow no matter what, I would have advised the police to allow him carry his cross..
Re: BDC Operator, Abubakar Mannir, Defrauds Indian Businessman Of $737,000 by JimohMomoh: 1:52pm On Apr 22
Matrix137:

What changed pls
I am sure he fasted during the last Ramadan just to impress others.
Re: BDC Operator, Abubakar Mannir, Defrauds Indian Businessman Of $737,000 by bobbiiee: 1:59pm On Apr 22
Except when jaz or unreasonable trust is involved one should not transact some sum of money without due diligence. Even for sum not more that 500k. Aboki will meet me at the bank. I remember when I needed a friend's black card to shop from China & I had to fund it, I told my pal, meet the Aboki at the bank both of you should be at the counter when he's handling the $, then do the transfer. As far back as at late 90's i write currency number down when going to some shops to sell. The moment we know that most people are crook the better. I guess I have trust issues.

Focusmind:
Lots of people have been defrauded by BDCs.

Do NOT just transfer huge sums to them. They should bring the money physically with you to the bank. As you are crediting him with NGN, he is paying the USD to the cashier at the counter, to count and take out any counterfeit or mutilated USD or even any note with mark on it.

I dont know why people transfers huge millions to BDC person and wait for him to credit their dom accounts. What if the BDC guy absconds?

2 Likes

Re: BDC Operator, Abubakar Mannir, Defrauds Indian Businessman Of $737,000 by Curious345: 2:01pm On Apr 22
Whats his tribe ?
Re: BDC Operator, Abubakar Mannir, Defrauds Indian Businessman Of $737,000 by AutoConsult: 2:07pm On Apr 22
Curious345:
Whats his tribe ?
Relevance? I thought you said writing "Fulani woman" was inciting earlier.
Re: BDC Operator, Abubakar Mannir, Defrauds Indian Businessman Of $737,000 by Basic123: 2:09pm On Apr 22
tiger28:
Good!

They were all buying Dollars to hoard.....thinking that Dollar will be 2k .........as predicted by our EMERGENCY Nigerians.

grin grin grin grin

Dollar is going up again ooooo
Oloriburuku lawon manipulators yen
Re: BDC Operator, Abubakar Mannir, Defrauds Indian Businessman Of $737,000 by faceland: 2:10pm On Apr 22
So you expect him to have up to a million dollars in cash and still be in Nigeria?
Re: BDC Operator, Abubakar Mannir, Defrauds Indian Businessman Of $737,000 by FireUpNow(m): 2:10pm On Apr 22
Where is EFCC?
Re: BDC Operator, Abubakar Mannir, Defrauds Indian Businessman Of $737,000 by KushLyon(m): 2:17pm On Apr 22
Paraman:
I wander why he couldn't buy the dollar through the right channel.

That's a huge amount of money

Probably because banks don't have that amount to sell to him
Re: BDC Operator, Abubakar Mannir, Defrauds Indian Businessman Of $737,000 by NGArmyTerrorist: 2:24pm On Apr 22
Someone was hypin on twitter that these people don't do yahoo and frauds that's why you hardly see their photo mug displayed by Efcc. I rest my case..
Re: BDC Operator, Abubakar Mannir, Defrauds Indian Businessman Of $737,000 by Curious345: 2:27pm On Apr 22
AutoConsult:

Relevance? I thought you said writing "Fulani woman" was inciting earlier.

Yes it was .

I am Just trying to checkmate the writer ....
Re: BDC Operator, Abubakar Mannir, Defrauds Indian Businessman Of $737,000 by faceland: 2:28pm On Apr 22
Matrix137:

What changed pls

Even worst, he is ex-con
Re: BDC Operator, Abubakar Mannir, Defrauds Indian Businessman Of $737,000 by travelzcruix: 2:31pm On Apr 22
You never know what this businessman is going through until you have been through it, na so one of my padi mi yahn me based on trust loss with my 2m. As a man I stand up pay debt hustle again. Now any business na face to face, I confirm, I pay, we go. I no want come cry for front page.
Re: BDC Operator, Abubakar Mannir, Defrauds Indian Businessman Of $737,000 by PARADIZEPRIEST: 2:32pm On Apr 22
menna,mannir all na same bad eggs angry
Re: BDC Operator, Abubakar Mannir, Defrauds Indian Businessman Of $737,000 by AutoConsult: 2:33pm On Apr 22
Curious345:

Yes it was .

I am Just trying to checkmate the writer ....
Right..
Re: BDC Operator, Abubakar Mannir, Defrauds Indian Businessman Of $737,000 by Reallife17: 2:45pm On Apr 22
Praxis758:
Stop these deceiving comments... Nigeria has a bad PR and everyone knows that
Re: BDC Operator, Abubakar Mannir, Defrauds Indian Businessman Of $737,000 by Reallife17: 2:48pm On Apr 22
IAmHim1:
This is the root of the problem here:

"It was gathered that earlier this year, Mannir was released from prison over another fraud case with Zenith Bank"

Check the. Chriminal records of Bureau de change operations so as to avoid situations like this in future

If anyone has been convicted guilty, seize the licence FOR LIFE

that should serve as a deterrent to others.

Have adequate tracking system
NIN etc
Their banking system also

And this is the solution that would crown it all. Listen attentively now

For bureau de change operators to get a license, make sure they deposit an amount that will be greater than any amount they would be handling during the course of owning that license

Ie

A bureau operator makes a deposit of $1million to the government and then the government gives such operator an accumulated amount that MUST be less than $1million($500k -$600k) during the course of owning such license

Nobody would want to run away with an amount that is lesser than the amount they deposited

Hope you get the gist
Theres always a way to beat the system and that's what fraud is all about

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dismembered Body Of Dalori IDP Female Suicide Bomber (Graphic Photos) / Fayose To Recruit 2,000 Workers In Ekiti: 40 Days To Election / Court Will Give Us Victory- Secondus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.