Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,506 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

What Made The Dollar Fall Over Night? - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Made The Dollar Fall Over Night? (41554 Views)

After Raising Hopes, Naira Depreciates Against The Dollar By 5.8% In April / Dollar Fall Is Not The Work Of Cbn O / Why The Naira Is Now Gaining Against The Dollar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Made The Dollar Fall Over Night? by blueAgent(m): 12:48pm On Apr 22
adioolayi:

The buying and selling discussions as far as Nigeria's Forex is concerned doesn't follow any known financial, economic and trade rules.

Have you wondered, what exactly was Nigeria exporting when the exchange rate was low? Let's even take the most recent...#350 to a USD...

Has our export increased now compared to then or our export has reduced

If the argument of increasing exports to attracts more USD is valid.....what exactly are we exporting years ago that we have stopped exporting that brought about the fall of Naira

..and from the Ops question, are we saying there were loads of export in less than 24 hours which has resulted into more USD inflows into the and then Naira gained as a result of this

My point is, Nigeria's Forex market is unstable for now and there is no known economic reasons that can explain why

Na APC miscreants you dey ask all this questions?

In Head go fit carry? grin
Re: What Made The Dollar Fall Over Night? by nawaforyouo: 12:48pm On Apr 22
Buddy0:

Mumu man .. Go to the bank and see if they will sell it to you at that rate.

BDC rate is at 1200 and it's going up as we speak.

Propaganda spreader SMH

grin

1 Like

Re: What Made The Dollar Fall Over Night? by SmartMen: 12:50pm On Apr 22
helinues:
When you are matching your exporting rate with importing rate, your local currency should gain strength.

It's all about which one is demanded most at the moment

Other factors are also involved
Oya tell the entire forum what Nigeria has exported massively apart from oil in the last 1 month?

Una APC handle go use on hand ask question and use another hand reply.

When you people are tired, you will remove your hand from that market manipulation. Until then, you will keep buy goods in the market without it coming down price-wise

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Made The Dollar Fall Over Night? by blueAgent(m): 12:52pm On Apr 22
PARADIZEPRIEST:
GOD MADE THE NAIRA STRONGER STRONGER AGAIN ,FORGET ALL YOUR RHETORICS,IT IS PEOPLE LIKE US THAT LOVE OUR GODGIVEN COUNTRY ARE PRAYING FERVENTLY FOR NIGERIA,WHILE INCURRABLE PESSIMISTS ARE BADMOUTHING THE NATION.

MAKE NO.MISTAKE ABOUT IT,THE FORCES THAT HELD NIGERIA BOUND SINCE 1999 FROM PROGRESSING ARE BEING CRUSHED AND SHATTERED TO PIECES. NIGERIA IS PHENOMENALLY RISING LIKE THE PHEONIX FOREVER IFSHA. wink

Clown.

1 Like

Re: What Made The Dollar Fall Over Night? by ComeToJesus: 12:53pm On Apr 22
helinues:

Are you even sure the op get ordinary $1 bill?

😂😂
Re: What Made The Dollar Fall Over Night? by phorget(m): 12:56pm On Apr 22
helinues:
When you are matching your exporting rate with importing rate, your local currency should gain strength.

So what are those new things we exporting that we've not been exporting before?
Re: What Made The Dollar Fall Over Night? by PARADIZEPRIEST: 12:57pm On Apr 22
blueAgent:

Clown.
WE DONT NEED SABOTUERS LIKE YOU WHO PAY LIP SERVICE TO THE NATION, WHILE YOU DO YOUR CLANDESTINE DEVIOUS DEEDS TO SABOTAGE THIS OUR GODGIVEN NATION. SO,LEAVE IF YOUR HATE IS DROWNING YOUundecided
Re: What Made The Dollar Fall Over Night? by goldmatrix(m): 1:00pm On Apr 22
Layman with $5K? What kind of a layman be sat sef. A layman would save in Naira.. Go sell it off then come back, come ask us wetin happened?
Re: What Made The Dollar Fall Over Night? by OChimex: 1:01pm On Apr 22
dawnomike:
It is a mistake to have held on to your dollar this long. You should have offloaded it a long time ago as you noticed the appreciation of Naira over time.

Now, you are merely playing a game of chance and hopeful speculation.

The rate went higher this morning on exchange platforms for us wey dey away.

Re: What Made The Dollar Fall Over Night? by nawaforyouo: 1:03pm On Apr 22
Buddy0:

Mumu man .. Go to the bank and see if they will sell it to you at that rate.

BDC rate is at 1200 and it's going up as we speak.

Propaganda spreader SMH

Afternoon rate

E don cast embarassed

Re: What Made The Dollar Fall Over Night? by blueAgent(m): 1:04pm On Apr 22
PARADIZEPRIEST:
WE DONT NEED SABOTUERS LIKE YOU WHO PAY LIP SERVICE TO THE NATION, WHILE YOU DO YOUR CLANDESTINE DEVIOUS DEEDS TO SABOTAGE THIS OUR GODGIVEN NATION. SO,LEAVE IF YOUR HATE IS DROWNING YOUundecided

More clowinsh writeup grin.

Devil fighting devil.

The same administration that abused $ and used it to buy their way to power, are the ones now claiming saints.

And clowns like you, are busy praying futile prayer.

1 Like

Re: What Made The Dollar Fall Over Night? by Helinuesmybaby: 1:04pm On Apr 22
helinues:

Isn't N30K job better than to be labouring in vain?

cheesy

So again targeting to waste today too ?
Re: What Made The Dollar Fall Over Night? by PARADIZEPRIEST: 1:10pm On Apr 22
blueAgent:

More clowinsh writeup grin.

Devil fighting devil.

The same administration that abused $ and used to to buy their way to power, are the ones now claiming saints.

And clowns like you, are busy praying futile prayer.
WHEN YOU REPENT OF YOUR BOOTLEGGINGS,THEN YOU QUALIFY TO TALK.YOU ARE NOT RELIABLE.QED angry
Re: What Made The Dollar Fall Over Night? by ottersberger(m): 1:23pm On Apr 22
helinues:

How does this apply to Nigeria, or are you gloating on Nigeria's mono non manufactured export?.
Re: What Made The Dollar Fall Over Night? by Dynamicboss: 1:24pm On Apr 22
jayworld15:

Aboki fx is 1,250 naira, on Naija news it's 1290, at monierate it's 1251. Post the current thing.

Mind you, it's going up.

You are right. It is N1,297 now
Re: What Made The Dollar Fall Over Night? by ManOfSon: 1:25pm On Apr 22
So, you woke up today to confess that you're one of those speculating on the value of the dollar, hoarding it for no reason other than ptofiteering, and causing/perpetuating the crash of the naira? But you will also be blaming politicians and the government for every ill in the country.
Re: What Made The Dollar Fall Over Night? by godwinngbede: 1:26pm On Apr 22
Elliotwaveforec:
Dollar wet dey go 830! Impulsive way on the daily chart.

Convergrnce of Aboki and official rate dey sweet my belle wella.
We shall deal with the cryptorians soon! I trust EFCC on this
lol see the current rate as of 22/04/2024

Re: What Made The Dollar Fall Over Night? by advanceDNA: 1:26pm On Apr 22
Adlac:

@The Bolded, Going by your assertions holding back $ Speculative Purposes doesn't help in anyway. For Instance Assuming the time $ was bought around N1,600 same $ can still be bought @ N1,200. And the T.M Shirt still Remains 3 for $135. Now if you are to quantify in Naira value. How much is the cost of each Shirt using the two rate as a determinant?

Summary; Don't buy $ for speculative purposes it hurt @the end. To main the Value of your Funds Buy and sell according to Market reaction.

U are still converting......that's means u don't get it.....

To enjoy ur dollar...nothing concern u with naira....spend in dollar....ur 5k dollars is still ur 5k dollars

2 Likes

Re: What Made The Dollar Fall Over Night? by occfx: 1:27pm On Apr 22
advanceDNA:

That means u don't understand ur colleague

Ur own aim is to convert back to naira to have a feel of plenty naira...... but the conversion technically makes only little difference because the naira u want to convert to has a very low purchasing power now.. e.g 2.7M tokunbo now goes for 8.5-9M..

But if u can understand ur colleague....T.M shirt is still 3 for 135$ since last year....if u dont gerrit, fogerrit....

Yes stupid people are panicking over naira strength, we wey dey crypto and forex knows the ups and downs. As people dey sell, oboy go and buy more. As it stands, naira no get shishi value. You cannot sustain economy artificially for too long. Until I see productivity in Nigeria, I will continue to store dollars and crypto
Re: What Made The Dollar Fall Over Night? by Equity15(m): 1:34pm On Apr 22
abc115:
Keep monitoring... Keep it close to your chest

Quickly sell it off it is now N1000 to a dollar in GTB
sell to GT when aboki is 1200?
Re: What Made The Dollar Fall Over Night? by Equity15(m): 1:35pm On Apr 22
Qwertyuiop1:
Please consider this a layman's question.
Last night before I went to bed, at about 11PM I checked dollar to naira rate and it was #1,151/$. Waking up this morning (in less than 7 hours) I checked again and it has plummeted to #1,075/$.

What exactly happened over the night while I was sleeping? I've got like $5K cash and it's reason I've been monitoring the rate even tho I'm absolutely a layman who has no idea what's happening. I only had the money last year and a colleague advised me to convert to dollar and keep which she claimed to be the safest way to retain my money's worth but as it stands, I'm at loss already. What happened please? Or is google not reliable?
you'll only be loosing if you got the dollar last year december
Re: What Made The Dollar Fall Over Night? by nawaforyouo: 1:35pm On Apr 22
Equity15:
sell to GT when aboki is 1200?
1230 now
Re: What Made The Dollar Fall Over Night? by NFBI: 1:38pm On Apr 22
Okete001:
Hehehe

We warned the piggss.

Dollar is crashing now, now they are unhappy
I don't know how you guys always feel by making tribal comments like this.

Tomorrow if you travel to western country and get discriminated you will run facebook to make a video about it but forgot you are worst than them.

I have never seen a country all the citizens are happy about the government of the day. Even in France you have been reading news on how the president was being stoned with eggs and others. change this mentality please.
Re: What Made The Dollar Fall Over Night? by stephenwa(m): 1:38pm On Apr 22
Dollar goes for 1,270 at black market as of this morning… it will do u alot more good to trade with it..instead of holding on to it…Sell them now that the price is hi…buy them back when the price drop below what u sold.
Re: What Made The Dollar Fall Over Night? by FireUpNow(m): 1:39pm On Apr 22
All those of you who are holding and speculating the naira to fall against the dollars are the ones killing Naija economy all in the name of cashing out big
Re: What Made The Dollar Fall Over Night? by justking(m): 2:05pm On Apr 22
Greed
Re: What Made The Dollar Fall Over Night? by Tonididdyx: 2:18pm On Apr 22
7 words

B. I. N. A. N. C. E

The CEO woke up daily determining naira ER at pleasure
Re: What Made The Dollar Fall Over Night? by KushLyon(m): 2:24pm On Apr 22
PARADIZEPRIEST:
GOD MADE THE NAIRA STRONGER STRONGER AGAIN ,FORGET ALL YOUR RHETORICS,IT IS PEOPLE LIKE US THAT LOVE OUR GODGIVEN COUNTRY ARE PRAYING FERVENTLY FOR NIGERIA,WHILE INCURRABLE PESSIMISTS ARE BADMOUTHING THE NATION.

MAKE NO.MISTAKE ABOUT IT,THE FORCES THAT HELD NIGERIA BOUND SINCE 1999 FROM PROGRESSING ARE BEING CRUSHED AND SHATTERED TO PIECES. NIGERIA IS PHENOMENALLY RISING LIKE THE PHEONIX FOREVER IFSHA. wink

So your god haven't been able to defeat these forces since 1999, what a powerful god grin
Re: What Made The Dollar Fall Over Night? by InvertedHammer: 2:31pm On Apr 22
Qwertyuiop1:
Please consider this a layman's question.
Last night before I went to bed, at about 11PM I checked dollar to naira rate and it was #1,151/$. Waking up this morning (in less than 7 hours) I checked again and it has plummeted to #1,075/$.

What exactly happened over the night while I was sleeping? I've got like $5K cash and it's reason I've been monitoring the rate even tho I'm absolutely a layman who has no idea what's happening. I only had the money last year and a colleague advised me to convert to dollar and keep which she claimed to be the safest way to retain my money's worth but as it stands, I'm at loss already. What happened please? Or is google not reliable?
/
Every other platform is quoting above N1160, check others.

/
Re: What Made The Dollar Fall Over Night? by jayworld15(m): 2:31pm On Apr 22
abc115:

This is GTBank this morning...those ones you mentioned are speculative channels... they are not recognize anywhere. Take $1 to the street and see how much you will be given..

There's nothing like speculative there. Check the rate. It's 1290 now
Re: What Made The Dollar Fall Over Night? by Shikena(m): 2:39pm On Apr 22
More like what did we stop exporting that made our naira lose value so rapidly before sanity prevailed?

phorget:

So what are those new things we exporting that we've not been exporting before?
Re: What Made The Dollar Fall Over Night? by Anonimoux: 2:40pm On Apr 22
I don't know who gave people that ridiculous economic idea that it's good to save money in a foreign currency... Rather than earning in a foreign currency.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market / The Currency Exchange Rates For Today, September 11, 2017 / GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.