Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,305 members, 7,836,329 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

The Atheists Costly Error: Assumption That Everything REAL Must Be TANGIBLE - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Atheists Costly Error: Assumption That Everything REAL Must Be TANGIBLE (2358 Views)

A Question To The Atheists: Hardmirror,hahn,hopefullandlord Et Al / Don't Be Deceived By The Atheists And Other Agents Of Satan. Please Read... / Why Do The Atheists Bother If They Don't Believe? Here Is Why. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Atheists Costly Error: Assumption That Everything REAL Must Be TANGIBLE by KnownUnknown: 12:29pm On May 01
budaatum:

I do not believe nor disbelieve in the existence of gods because I know gods do not exist.
I share an identical position.

budaatum:

I was born an atheist, and after encountering those who believe in gods and then researching gods myself, I discovered all gods were created by human beings.

I think this opinion does not make sense in light of the previous one. No one is born an atheist, theist, pantheist, or any other xxxtheist.
A child doesn’t know of anything called god until the concept is introduced.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Atheists Costly Error: Assumption That Everything REAL Must Be TANGIBLE by StillDtruth: 12:35pm On May 01
FRANCISTOWN:

You were born an atheist too(No child was born believing in God). Your environment taught the ideology of the God you worship to you.
A child raised in a society filled with free thinkers would never ever worship or believe in fairy things like God.

This is even common sense, but I guess people with a single digit IQ will never understand.

In action and atheism means anger and hatred for God

No child is born having any passion
or knowledge of God or Satan before they are swayed and shaped by everything and anything.

And if you had any intelligence and common sense at all, you would have known.
Re: The Atheists Costly Error: Assumption That Everything REAL Must Be TANGIBLE by StillDtruth: 12:57pm On May 01
FRANCISTOWN:

This comedian is here again.

Believe does not affect reality.
If them born anybody papa well, make him go hang Peter Obi portrait for him office make he write The GCFR of Nigeria under am. Body go tell am.

Did I not say that "it need not be True in real eyeity,"?

Secondly, the guy no get right to hang whatever e wan hang for him office? Who get right enter him house except God? Make the bandits and invaders just talk say dem wan murder persin because dem get arm. If Asari put Peter picture for him office who go go dia?

Is that not the same right and power you are exercising against us,

And thank God you have just confessed The Law which christians have been telling you, Both body and soul go tell you when God Land

FRANCISTOWN:

You have not proven God to me o. Show me how you've proven God to me.

I have. When your madness in God hatefulness was raging last year or so and I answered you and you could not answer back.

FRANCISTOWN:

What is happening on this thread is basically a waste of human time. We have neither learnt anything new nor reached a reasonable submission.

As of today, May 1st, 2024. No one in the world, with statistically significant evidence has been able to scientifically proven the existence of spirits, so what are you on about?

You are the ones wasting your time. cheesy

The aim of these threads has been long fulfilled and you people are just twisting and turning trying to find a way of re arguing it, grin
Re: The Atheists Costly Error: Assumption That Everything REAL Must Be TANGIBLE by TenQ: 1:09pm On May 01
FRANCISTOWN:

😂😂😂😂😂. Oh! That Roman Invented Dude.
He even said "Christ Jesus". 😂😂😂
Did the Bible teach you about the bigbang, abi you no believe the creation story?
You can't but sink into the wormhole of your self delusion!
Re: The Atheists Costly Error: Assumption That Everything REAL Must Be TANGIBLE by FRANCISTOWN: 2:16pm On May 01
StillDtruth:

Did I not say that "it need not be True in real eyeity,"?

Secondly, the guy no get right to hang whatever e wan hang for him office? Who get right enter him house except God?

Make the bandits and invaders just talk say dem wan murder persin because dem get arm. If Asari put Peter picture for him office who go go dia?

I have. When your madness in God hatefulness was raging last year or so and I answered you and you could not answer back.

You are the ones wasting your time. cheesy

The aim of these threads has been long fulfilled and you people are just twisting and turning trying to find a way of re arguing it, grin
Aren't you a member of the justiciary system?

At the emboldened showed it's a waste of time to engage you on any discussion. Lol!
Re: The Atheists Costly Error: Assumption That Everything REAL Must Be TANGIBLE by FRANCISTOWN: 2:16pm On May 01
TenQ:

You can't but sink into the wormhole of your self delusion!
Please prove me wrong.
Re: The Atheists Costly Error: Assumption That Everything REAL Must Be TANGIBLE by FRANCISTOWN: 2:27pm On May 01
KnownUnknown:

I think this opinion does not make sense in light of the previous one. No one is born an atheist, theist, pantheist, or any other xxxtheist.

budaatum was actually right when she said the below.

budaatum:

I was born an atheist, and after encountering those who believe in gods and then researching gods myself, I discovered all gods were created by human beings.

This made me appreciate the human intellect even more in fact, because, creating gods is an amazing feat indeed.

Anyone who has no idea about the concept of gods/deities is also an atheist.

There are different categories under atheism.
There is igtheism,
Apatheism,
Agnostic atheism, just like budaatum and yourself.
There is antitheist atheism. e.tc.

Therefore, everyone is born an atheist.
Re: The Atheists Costly Error: Assumption That Everything REAL Must Be TANGIBLE by StillDtruth: 2:28pm On May 01
FRANCISTOWN:

Aren't you a member of the justiciary system?

At the emboldened showed it's a waste of time to engage you on any discussion. Lol!

Even layman you already know that no one has a right to enter your property and perhaps you had the fortitude of reading Lord Denning on FREEDOM UNDER LAW"

"The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail—its roof may shake—the wind may blow through it—the storm may enter—the rain may enter—but the King of England cannot enter—all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement."

The.rain may enter, rats and wall geckos may enter but no king or person anywhere has a right to enter, without grant of permission.
Re: The Atheists Costly Error: Assumption That Everything REAL Must Be TANGIBLE by budaatum: 6:02pm On May 01
KnownUnknown:

I share an identical position.

Was born an atheist, and was not indoctrinated into believing in gods at an early age, and was taught about them instead, starting with ancient English, Greek and Roman gods in school, and Egyptian gods at home (dad was learning about them).

Only got to understand people believe in gods when I met Nigerians in their environment, and it was absurd to me considering they also believed oyinbo rats spoke.
Re: The Atheists Costly Error: Assumption That Everything REAL Must Be TANGIBLE by triplechoice(m): 6:57pm On May 01
budaatum:

Was born an atheist, and was not indoctrinated into believing in gods at an early age, and was taught about them instead, starting with ancient English, Greek and Roman gods in school, and Egyptian gods at home (dad was learning about them).

Only got to understand people believe in gods when I met Nigerians in their environment, and it was absurd to me considering they also believed oyinbo rats spoke.

I think, the correct thing, from what you explained up there, is that you were born without any knowledge of what a god is, and not that you were born an atheist.

Babies lack the neural development to actively believe or disbelieve a god. So they cannot be born atheist, instead they're born neutral, not believing or disbelieving anything.
Re: The Atheists Costly Error: Assumption That Everything REAL Must Be TANGIBLE by triplechoice(m): 7:33pm On May 01
FRANCISTOWN:

There is igtheism,
Apatheism,

Is atheism all about the label or the behaviour itself?
Re: The Atheists Costly Error: Assumption That Everything REAL Must Be TANGIBLE by FRANCISTOWN: 7:49pm On May 01
triplechoice:

Is atheism all about the label or the behaviour itself?

It's not about labels it's not about behaviours. It's about what makes sense to an individual.
Re: The Atheists Costly Error: Assumption That Everything REAL Must Be TANGIBLE by triplechoice(m): 7:57pm On May 01
FRANCISTOWN:

It's not about labels it's not about behaviours. It's about what makes sense to an individual.

Who's this individual? The new born?
Re: The Atheists Costly Error: Assumption That Everything REAL Must Be TANGIBLE by FRANCISTOWN: 8:03pm On May 01
triplechoice:

Who's this individual? The new born?
Wait, in what context did you ask the question?
I might be failing to understand your question.
Re: The Atheists Costly Error: Assumption That Everything REAL Must Be TANGIBLE by KnownUnknown: 8:27pm On May 01
budaatum:

Was born an atheist, and was not indoctrinated into believing in gods at an early age, and was taught about them instead.

How were you an atheist before you were taught about gods?!
Re: The Atheists Costly Error: Assumption That Everything REAL Must Be TANGIBLE by FRANCISTOWN: 8:27pm On May 01
triplechoice:

I think, the correct thing, from what you explained up there, is that you were born without any knowledge of what a god is, and not that you were born an atheist.

Babies lack the neural development to actively believe or disbelieve a god. So they cannot be born atheist, instead they're born neutral, not believing or disbelieving anything.

Simply put. The word atheist mean "Non-thiest" or "Not-a-theist".

Babies are born without the idea of what a television is.
Without the idea of how to drive a vehicle.
Without the idea of how to write letters.
Without the idea of how birds could fly and why cows walk all-feet.

Not that they do not have the possibilities, but the ability needs to be developed over time.

Therefore, they are null-hypothesis to all the things I've listed above.

Atheism is simple a null hypothesis towards the existence of deities.

The fact that babies can't do things doesn't mean that the possibility is not there. The ability is there, but it can only be developed over time.

Babies are naturally born with the abilities to learn.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Atheists Costly Error: Assumption That Everything REAL Must Be TANGIBLE by KnownUnknown: 8:29pm On May 01
FRANCISTOWN:

There is igtheism,
Apatheism,

You have to have knowledge about the concept before you can call yourself any of the above.

I’m not agnostic atheist, whatever that means.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Atheists Costly Error: Assumption That Everything REAL Must Be TANGIBLE by FRANCISTOWN: 8:29pm On May 01
KnownUnknown:

You have to have knowledge about the concept before you can call yourself any of the above.
People who don't have even the littlest idea about the concept of God or deities are also called atheists.
Re: The Atheists Costly Error: Assumption That Everything REAL Must Be TANGIBLE by KnownUnknown: 8:31pm On May 01
FRANCISTOWN:

People who don't have even the littlest idea about the concept of God or deities are also called atheists.

How can they be atheist when they don’t have any idea of the concept? You might as well call them “unawakened theists”.
Re: The Atheists Costly Error: Assumption That Everything REAL Must Be TANGIBLE by triplechoice(m): 8:34pm On May 01
FRANCISTOWN:

Wait, in what context did you ask the question?
I might be failing to understand your question.

You said everyone is born atheist. I disagree with that. A baby is born neutral and that's what's generally accepted to be true.

There's no evidence anywhere that babies are born atheist or any of the labels you have used.

One's behaviour is largely influenced by what they have made from the impression they have received from their environment.

Babies cannot make much from their immediate environment to be labeled as an atheist who actively rejects the idea of a god .
Re: The Atheists Costly Error: Assumption That Everything REAL Must Be TANGIBLE by FRANCISTOWN: 8:37pm On May 01
KnownUnknown:

How can they be atheist when they don’t have any idea of the concept? You might as well call them “unawakened theists”.

You cannot believe in what you do not have an idea of. Babies do not have an idea of the concept of a God. Therefore, they are not theists. And atheist simply means "Not-a-thiest"
Re: The Atheists Costly Error: Assumption That Everything REAL Must Be TANGIBLE by KnownUnknown: 8:43pm On May 01
FRANCISTOWN:

You cannot believe in what you do not have an idea of. Babies do not have an idea of the concept of a God. Therefore, they are not theists. And atheist simply means "Not-a-thiest"

That is quite a broad definition. But whatever.
Re: The Atheists Costly Error: Assumption That Everything REAL Must Be TANGIBLE by FRANCISTOWN: 8:55pm On May 01
triplechoice:

You said everyone is born atheist. I disagree with that. A baby is born neutral and that's what's generally accepted to be true.

There's no evidence anywhere that babies are born atheist or any of the labels you have used.

One's behaviour is largely influenced by what they have made from the impression they have received from their environment.

Babies cannot make much from their immediate environment to be labeled as an atheist who actively rejects the idea of a god .

When a baby boy is born and raised within an environment where no one says anything about God and prolly doesn't hear anything about God. By the time the child is 20.

If anyone walked up to the guy and says anything about God to him.

To the guy, the question doesn't make any sense to him, and it's not his fault. The question just doesn't make sense to him.
That is called Igtheism, a sub category of atheism.

The guy won't suddenly become an Igtheist, he will only be maintaining his position from infantry.

It's not even a topic worthy of debate. Every child is born non-theist

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Atheists Costly Error: Assumption That Everything REAL Must Be TANGIBLE by triplechoice(m): 10:01pm On May 01
FRANCISTOWN:

Can you disbelieve what you don't know of?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Atheists Costly Error: Assumption That Everything REAL Must Be TANGIBLE by KnownUnknown: 10:15pm On May 01
FRANCISTOWN:

Every child is born non-tizizist.
Re: The Atheists Costly Error: Assumption That Everything REAL Must Be TANGIBLE by FRANCISTOWN: 10:27pm On May 01
triplechoice:
Can you disbelieve what you don't know of?
That you don't know of it already makes you a none -believer,a Non-thiest, therefore an atheist.
Do you believe/disbelieve whether 3 rings can be shared amongst 2 fathers and 2 sons?
Re: The Atheists Costly Error: Assumption That Everything REAL Must Be TANGIBLE by FRANCISTOWN: 10:28pm On May 01
KnownUnknown:

Every child is born non-tizizist.
Lol! What's that supposed to mean?
Re: The Atheists Costly Error: Assumption That Everything REAL Must Be TANGIBLE by KnownUnknown: 10:39pm On May 01
FRANCISTOWN:

Lol! What's that supposed to mean?

Which is what anyone who doesn’t have an idea of god would say. Or like very young children say” what is that?”
You wouldn’t call such a person atheist.

Or we can just apply your criteria:
You cannot believe in what you do not have an idea of. Babies do not have an idea of the concept of Tizizi. Therefore, they are not tizizists. And atizizist simply means "Not-a-tizizist"

1 Like

Re: The Atheists Costly Error: Assumption That Everything REAL Must Be TANGIBLE by triplechoice(m): 10:47pm On May 01
FRANCISTOWN:

That you don't know of it already makes you a none -believer,a Non-thiest, therefore an atheist.
Do you believe/disbelieve whether 3 rings can be shared amongst 2 fathers and 2 sons?
Then how come you're talking about what you don't know and taking a position against it?

If you don't know it you won't talk about it, reject it or be aware of your stance against it.

There's something that's common with statements such as, " everyone is born in sin" , "people are born gay" and people are born atheist" . It's to postulate people into accepting something as true without questioning it

It's a well known psychological gimmick which I thought you should be aware of. It takes away ones free will and denies one the freedom to choose the kind of life they want to live and learn from it.

We are all unique creatures and so ,it's not scientifically possible for everyone to be bom with the same tendencies.
Re: The Atheists Costly Error: Assumption That Everything REAL Must Be TANGIBLE by triplechoice(m): 11:38pm On May 01
FRANCISTOWN:

When a baby boy is born and raised within an environment where no one says anything about God and prolly doesn't hear anything about God. By the time the child is 20.

If anyone walked up to the guy and says anything about God to him.

To the guy, the question doesn't make any sense to him, and it's not his fault. The question just doesn't make sense to him.
That is called Igtheism, a sub category of atheism.

The guy won't suddenly become an Igtheist, he will only be maintaining his position from infantry.

It will not also make sense to him if you walk up to him and talk about "Igtheism" or the other non theism

Atheism is an active position and not a passive one. The term, atheist, is used to describe a particular kind of behaviour displayed by those who are convinced about something, the non existence of God. It's not just non belief in a God alone due to not knowing it..It's a position one has taken against theism.

And in fact, you cannot declare lack of absence of belief in something you once believed in before.
Because you now know the truth,you can only disbelieve it and not lack a belief in it .

It's even hilarious listening to former theist , now atheist,declaring they now lack a belief in God. How is that even possible?

For that to happen,the person"s brain would have been " formated" to the extent that every trace of God beliefs are removed.

A former theist, now atheist, still has some residual of their past beliefs about gods or God firing in their brains at the background to make it impossible to completely lack a belief in gods. They can only disbelieve.

It's only those born in non religious homes that may claim a lack of belief because they don't know what it means to belief in a God. It's not what they have experienced before.
Re: The Atheists Costly Error: Assumption That Everything REAL Must Be TANGIBLE by FRANCISTOWN: 5:48am On May 02
triplechoice:

It's even hilarious listening to former theist , now atheist,declaring they now lack a belief in God. How is that even possible?

For that to happen,the person"s brain would have been " formated" to the extent that every trace of God beliefs are removed.

A former theist, now atheist, still has some residual of their past beliefs about gods or God firing in their brains at the background to make it impossible to completely lack a belief in gods. They can only disbelieve.
Interesting! These our theist brothers no go use laugh kill person 😂.
They will just manufacture, assumptions from the atmosphere and expect everyone to agree to it.

triplechoice:

It's only those born in non religious homes that may claim a lack of belief because they don't know what it means to belief in a God. It's not what they have experienced before.

No be wetin you dey follow me drag since be this?🤣🤣🤣

Person supposed flog you I swr.
Re: The Atheists Costly Error: Assumption That Everything REAL Must Be TANGIBLE by FRANCISTOWN: 6:20am On May 02
triplechoice:
Then how come you're talking about what you don't know and taking a position against it?

If you don't know it you won't talk about it, reject it or be aware of your stance against it.

There's something that's common with statements such as, " everyone is born in sin" , "people are born gay" and people are born atheist" . It's to postulate people into accepting something as true without questioning it

It's a well known psychological gimmick which I thought you should be aware of. It takes away ones free will and denies one the freedom to choose the kind of life they want to live and learn from it.

We are all unique creatures and so ,it's not scientifically possible for everyone to be bom with the same tendencies.
Nwanne, everyone is born an atheist.
I already gave you an explanation and this should not even be debatable topic.

I don't know why we always need to break things down to our christian brothers especially.

Atheism is anyone that doesn't have the ability to believe, not just anyone who has the ability to disbelieve. Whether as a child or as an adult.

If I said p1 = Δp + p2 , you prolly do not understand that formula or If I spoke in a foreign tongue, you simply do not understand. Your brain cannot process what it doesn't understand.

There are adults in China that if you prolly talked anything about God to 'em, they'll prolly just look at you like you are sick.
Their brain just lack the ability to understand how such things can ever work.

And I've told you that. If babies were raised in environments where they've never heard about deities. By the time they are grown, if anyone asked them about deities. They'd just go blank, the same way you'll go blank if I presented a strange formula to you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Should Religious Dogma Be Free From Criticism? / Excuses People Give For Not Attending Church / The God Of Isreal Not The Same As The God Of Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.