Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You (20604 Views)

How can I stop being broke in 2020? / What Has 2018 Taught You? / Tired Of Being Broke? See An Opportunity Many Nigerians Have Overlooked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by emperor4love(m): 10:04pm On Apr 22
Hdanny:

Hello bro
hey bro
Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by Hdanny(m): 10:07pm On Apr 22
emperor4love:
hey bro
How’s the hustle bro?
Make we align
Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by TheFreshVanilla: 10:17pm On Apr 22
Proverbs 19:7
Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by emperor4love(m): 10:31pm On Apr 22
Hdanny:

How’s the hustle bro?
Make we align
steady grinding bro,Dm

1 Like

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by Threedoorsdown: 12:51am On Apr 23
Someone that hasn't experience this will call u a liar, lol. Life is a lesson teacher

I used to think i had friends or colleagues. I resigned with over 12m saved but i was being debited on my accounts (250k, 200k). So before dem go tif my money finish, i transferred it to my baby mama pending when i resolve the account issue.

Before i could say jack, this woman has lost all my money. I had to sell my high end laptops and car sef.

Now the true color of everyone came out. Friends are the worse, the ones i bot fone for no de reach my house again. He comes every weekend cos we stay on d same street. Friends i de buy things for every weekend that i even dash money every and then stopped relating with me immediately. Hasn't called or chat.

The one wey dey come meet me borrow money every week wey i de even tell am to forget repayment embarrassed me cos he is now doing fine and i borrowed some funds and couldn't pay bak in time.

Only one or 2 colleagues reach out.

My siblings, two have been so supportive and encouraging. The other two wey i even place on salary for over 5 yrs no send me like dat.

My parents have been very wonderful mehn. They re lovely especially my mom. I just feel so sad i can't cater for her now but thank God dad is a pensioner

Street pple wey i de support financially nko i, lol.

Brokeness willq teach u lesson and u must learn

The moment God lifts me up again, i would not revenge or stop being good but omoooooooooo, i will always put myself first o. Big lessons mehn
tochez24:

My own mum called me lazy, and 3 three of my sisters were all misbehaving because i no hol bar... All my friends left and my babe back then finally broke up with me!!!!!

I see shege banza when my money finish, before god the magician did it for me again⚠️

I travelled and BLOCKED all of them ASAP!!!!

I only talk to my mum once in awhile and send peanuts for her because she carried me for 9 months, if not she too for don chop blocking🥴

Human beings are DISGUSTING creatures i tell you!!!!

My brother continue to keep your head up, e go click one day i tell you✅✅✅

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by 1000Capacity: 12:59am On Apr 23
WhiteIverson:
I am currently there right now and honestly I'm trying to weather the storm. The biggest lesson I've learnt and still learning is only you can pull yourself up. People see me and think I'm not doing my best, even my close family but omo I won't blame them. The only evidence that you're doing your best is when things start working out for you.
What a life!

Stop trolling people maybe your life will have meaning
Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by 1000Capacity: 1:07am On Apr 23
Threedoorsdown:
Someone that hasn't experience this will call u a liar, lol. Life is a lesson
Street pple wey i de support financially nko i, lol.

Brokeness willq teach u lesson and u must learn

The moment God lifts me up again, i would not revenge or stop being good but omoooooooooo, i will always put myself first o. Big lessons mehn

Consider this period as a time to revaluate your relationship with people. It's good to be kind and help people but it must not affect your growth.
Also never be shy to tell people seeking favor (either financially or other forms of help) that you are helping them so that they will reciprocate the favor later. There is nothing bad in telling them because humans are always quick to forget.

Every one you have helped before you lost your job, do well to ask them for help either they help you or not. They owe you that favor.
Make dem no later con talk say you no ask them.
Another thing is keep applying for jobs and don't settle for jobs that are less. Wait no matter how long it takes. Don't settle for less

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by Threedoorsdown: 1:11am On Apr 23
God bless you whoever u are. U will never lack anything good. Your words are so encouraging

As for job, it isn't easy cos i reached assistant manager in a bank and i have been applying but it is not easy seeing a similar role. I should have invested more in myself instead i was even opening businesses for my sibling and supporting others so much.

I have learnt well and another opportunity given would never go to waste.

God bless u abundantly
1000Capacity:

Consider this period as a time to revaluate your relationship with people. It's good to be kind and help people but it must not affect your growth.
Also never be shy to tell people seeking favor (either financially or other forms of help) that you are helping them so that they will reciprocate the favor later. There is nothing bad in telling them because humans are always quick to forget.

Every one you have helped before you lost your job, do well to ask them for help either they help you or not. They owe you that favor.
Another thing is keep applying for jobs and don't settle for jobs that are less. Wait no matter how long it takes. Don't settle for less

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by dkidd: 1:21am On Apr 23
To never be broke

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by dkidd: 1:28am On Apr 23
LIVINGICONREBOR:
At the end of the day when the chips are down, "family" is all you have got. They came through for me.
Nope I disagree... Some friends are diamond. Not much sha but when I reach out I get more than I even expect because I do same when it's all good. You should have good people around u

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by Greystone: 2:58am On Apr 23
Being in a genuine situation of financial need will truly reveal how your friends and family value you and whether or not they have your back, and whether they are stingy or not.

When you and your friends all have money, they can spend a lot on you eg outings, food, some business ventures, etc knowing that they aren't really in a superior position than you.
But when they know you are broke, that's when their true colors will come out.

Some will;
-Ignore your messages and pretend not to have seen them
-Stop picking your phone calls
-Pretend they don't know you
-Promise to assist you and then start dodging you
-Lie to you about their own finances just to avoid helping you

The longer you've known a person and the closer you've been with them, the more pain you will experience when they turn their back on you when you don't have money.

The irony is that you may have assisted many of them before but they won't remember what you did for them in the past.

Mind you, the very same people will try to run back into your life when you are in money again. Lol.

*The vast majority of people around you will abandon you, very few will help especially those you were not expecting.

Best is not to expect anything from anyone and you won't be disappointed.

Try your best to plan ahead, work hard, work smart, and avoid having to depend on anyone.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by GreatVocalist: 3:04am On Apr 23
1000Capacity:

Sorry, but the emboldened is actually wrong; making a condition for helping someone else. That's not genuine help. It's even worse when you tell them, which sends a bad signal.

You shouldn't help people because you want something back from them, you should do that because you're naturally generous and you recognize that people have needs some times. That's selflessness. Love is selfless, and it expects nothing in return.

However, that is not to say you shouldn't ask people you've helped before for help, just don't do that on the premise of that help you rendered. You'll put them in a box, and that's manipulative in a way.

Like I said initially, most people are terrible. If you depend on them to repay your good with good, then be sure to be disappointed. If you get disappointed, you'll definitely not be willing to help anyone anymore. So just be kind and leave it there.

It's never easy, that's why it's important to ask God to reproduce His love in us.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by blackgold2018(m): 4:34am On Apr 23
tochez24:

My own mum called me lazy, and 3 three of my sisters were all misbehaving because i no hol bar... All my friends left and my babe back then finally broke up with me!!!!!

I see shege banza when my money finish, before god the magician did it for me again⚠️

I travelled and BLOCKED all of them ASAP!!!!

I only talk to my mum once in awhile and send peanuts for her because she carried me for 9 months, if not she too for don chop blocking🥴

Human beings are DISGUSTING creatures i tell you!!!!

My brother continue to keep your head up, e go click one day i tell you✅✅✅
you talked like you did yahoo for an escape route.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by 1000Capacity: 5:52am On Apr 23
GreatVocalist:

Sorry, but the emboldened is actually wrong; making a condition for helping someone else. That's not genuine help. It's even worse when you tell them, which sends a bad signal.

You shouldn't help people because you want something back from them, you should do that because you're naturally generous and you recognize that people have needs some times. That's selflessness. Love is selfless, and it expects nothing in return.

However, that is not to say you shouldn't ask people you've helped before for help, just don't do that on the premise of that help you rendered. You'll put them in a box, and that's manipulative in a way.

Like I said initially, most people are terrible. If you depend on them to repay your good with good, then be sure to be disappointed. If you get disappointed, you'll definitely not be willing to help anyone anymore. So just be kind and leave it there.

It's never easy, that's why it's important to ask God to reproduce His love in us.
Ok thanks for the counsel. I'll put it to good use

2 Likes

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by Sirseedorf(m): 6:00am On Apr 23
It has thought me that A broke guys has no friends.
That you will feel useless and shameful among gatherings.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by Aaaaarghmed(m): 6:16am On Apr 23
I have being very very broke also but I no dey get friends ,so I no really know how friends matter be.just that one guy i dey usually help well when we were colleagues as a banker that time.if i call am to help me with small thing na so so complain.i get mind call am because i helped him well when we were bankers in Abuja.but 500 naira e no fit give me.i bone because i no sabi ask for help.My parents and siblings are bae.Nobody dey disrespect me because I no really stay with them when I broke,den dey Edo,I dey Abuja dey try hustle.My babe That time try dieee,but normal,sometimes woman go cut chain and make you feel down,but in summary she try wella because she no run as I broke.All in all,if you are in your twenties,try to hustle hard mk u dey see small small money,so your 30's and above go stew.I thank God for my life because at least,I am not broke.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by Verbtips(m): 7:31am On Apr 23
willi926:
It has thought me that money answereth all things
and prayer do all things,

1 Like

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by lymelyte(m): 7:47am On Apr 23
Tallesty1:
When you finally get it enough, you will realise that it doesn't
that's a fact.. Truth be told, you don't even need to be excessively rich to begin to see and realize it..

2 Likes

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by Badmashiii: 8:51am On Apr 23
GreatVocalist:

You are a big fool I'm not sorry to say. Normally,if you're smart you shouldn't help anyone unless you have something to gain.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by Olumighty123(m): 11:09am On Apr 23
Badmashiii:

You are a big fool I'm not sorry to say. Normally,if you're smart you shouldn't help anyone unless you have something to gain.

Weytin cause insult now? You air your opinion he air him own🤷‍♀️ omoh people dey this platform o

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by Badmashiii: 11:11am On Apr 23
Olumighty123:

Weytin cause insult now? You air your opinion he air him own🤷‍♀️ omoh people dey this platform o

The talk trigger me na why. No lele. E dey happen
Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by Olumighty123(m): 11:21am On Apr 23
Badmashiii:

Your eyes dey pain you? You no see sey na d manchi first dey throw insult?

Point where he insulted you.... did you even read what he wrote at all? I bow for you Ooo

11 Likes

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by gbolswag(m): 11:25am On Apr 23
Save for rainy days...being broke is very depressing

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by Firstcitizen: 11:26am On Apr 23
willi926:

It does not. There is always a price to pay for enormous wealth

1 Like

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by tuzeriouz(m): 11:27am On Apr 23
Illegal1:
omoh.........been broke will let u realise dat u don't have contacts,bt jst phone numbers.
oil dey ur head
Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by Ewedegubbler: 11:27am On Apr 23
a woman's true nature is made evident during those days.

22 Likes

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by Ladymillion(f): 11:27am On Apr 23
To always set aside certain certain amount of money no matter what. . . .

8 Likes

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by Gbogbowa: 11:28am On Apr 23
WhiteIverson:
I am currently there right now and honestly I'm trying to weather the storm. The biggest lesson I've learnt and still learning is only you can pull yourself up. People see me and think I'm not doing my best, even my close family but omo I won't blame them. The only evidence that you're doing your best is when things start working out for you.
What a life!
It took me time to understand this but thank God I'm getting over it.
Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by Procashtips(m): 11:29am On Apr 23
Your importance is linked to what people can extract from you.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by Skillsnigeria: 11:29am On Apr 23
Hmmm
Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by Dumfrank(m): 11:29am On Apr 23
willi926:
Lol... Money does not answereth all things.

2 Likes

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by Fatbam005: 11:30am On Apr 23
Especially for married men. You will be as wild as a lion... Poverty is a dangerous weapon

16 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Top Paying Online Marketing Programs Nigerians Can Sign Up For / Nigerian Manufacturers Capture Eastern, Southern African Markets / 3 Things You Should Know Before Joining Longrich Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.