Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,049 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You (20597 Views)

How can I stop being broke in 2020? / What Has 2018 Taught You? / Tired Of Being Broke? See An Opportunity Many Nigerians Have Overlooked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by Tonididdyx: 5:22pm On Apr 23
Illegal1:
omoh.........been broke will let u realise dat u don't have contacts,bt jst phone numbers u pack full phone.

Period!
Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by Tonididdyx: 5:26pm On Apr 23
Jovi10:

I know how painful it can feel bro. But still in still they are your family you know. Forgive and forget. Show them you're a better human than they will ever be. May God keep raising you up.

Give it a rest... 🙄

1 Like

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by Harry00(m): 5:31pm On Apr 23
emperor4love:
Bombing aggressively with few update way person de use cashout survive
carry me along bro
Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by PointZerom: 5:33pm On Apr 23
2times2:
Don't feel bad if you'll have to cheat someone a little for you to survive.

Can one ever get rich without cheating?

Commit the crime and apologize latter or remain regretting why you didn't.

2 Likes

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by Modecaih: 5:39pm On Apr 23
madridguy:
Don't you consider this as a fake life? Why not open up to your family and friends and let them know your current predicament.

maybe he might become an object of ridicule, just saying tho
Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by PointZerom: 5:39pm On Apr 23
WhiteIverson:
I am currently there right now and honestly I'm trying to weather the storm. The biggest lesson I've learnt and still learning is only you can pull yourself up. People see me and think I'm not doing my best, even my close family but omo I won't blame them. The only evidence that you're doing your best is when things start working out for you.
What a life!

If you're married and going through this...IT IS HELL ON EARTH.

Even your church will abandon or give you peanuts. Sometimes you'll remember how wasteful you've bn with money and angrily vow never to repeat such again.

Any human that gives u 10kobo during this time should be considered as your best friend.

I REALLY SUFFERED IN THIS LIFE.

8 Likes

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by aydgov: 5:45pm On Apr 23
1. TO SPEND FRUGALLY
2, RUN SPEEDILY FROM BEING BROKE AGAIN

1 Like

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by Absuchat(m): 6:03pm On Apr 23
RickyJesus:

Omoh, where wuna dey see all this kind family self.
They're everywhere....you only discover them when "change" no dey your hands again

2 Likes

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by Threedoorsdown: 6:07pm On Apr 23
She said she was scammed.

Very long story mehn
noble2faith:

Please, expansiate the bolded.

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by Freshboi316(m): 6:16pm On Apr 23
People will just hate you suddenly and start cursing.

I dey fear brokenness again o and God will not put me in that position again because I nearly commit oo but we thank God Sha.

4 Likes

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by emperor4love(m): 6:24pm On Apr 23
Harry00:

carry me along bro
omo e no easy u go strt wit dating ooh nd e no easy ooh
Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by dgagar(m): 6:39pm On Apr 23
Chingyyy878:
Let’s have it 🎤

Currently in that condition now.
No work
With two kids (boys)
School don resume
Pampers don finish
Nobody to run to.
It's only me and my wife pushing it all alone.
But i believe is a stage we will definitely overcome.

7 Likes

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by Caleycash(m): 6:49pm On Apr 23
placeofallure:

No you didn't get it. That arrogance Ehn, I mean when you are still struggling to make it, don't be too proud to do any kind of job within the ambience of the law, don't see any job as beneath you, you never can tell.
I used to hawk wares, I used to serve food at parties and wash the plates afterwards, I used to do laundry service before (Local Alagbafọ) I used to do background vocalists for musicians. Those things don't deter me, I know where I'm going. I'm still going o. I believe in my own hands. If anyone gives me fine, if not, it's also fine. That's why I always say even if I marry a Dangote, I'll work. I can't stay idle it's a taboo. If you have made your money and you want to add a tinge of arrogance to it, it's fine but be careful.
Oh I get it now

1 Like

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by Kenosky1: 7:11pm On Apr 23
tochez24:

My own mum called me lazy, and 3 three of my sisters were all misbehaving because i no hol bar... All my friends left and my babe back then finally broke up with me!!!!!

I see shege banza when my money finish, before god the magician did it for me again⚠️

I travelled and BLOCKED all of them ASAP!!!!

I only talk to my mum once in awhile and send peanuts for her because she carried me for 9 months, if not she too for don chop blocking🥴

Quite a touching story bro, but please try and forgive your family. It may have been orchestrated for you to move forward.

Human beings are DISGUSTING creatures i tell you!!!!

My brother continue to keep your head up, e go click one day i tell you✅✅✅
Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by Gentlesoul2021(m): 7:35pm On Apr 23
LIVINGICONREBOR:
At the end of the day when the chips are down, "family" is all you have got. They came through for me.

They are coming through for me at the moment...

1 Like

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by Gentlesoul2021(m): 7:58pm On Apr 23
Threedoorsdown:
Someone that hasn't experience this will call u a liar, lol. Life is a lesson teacher

I used to think i had friends or colleagues. I resigned with over 12m saved but i was being debited on my accounts (250k, 200k). So before dem go tif my money finish, i transferred it to my baby mama pending when i resolve the account issue.

Before i could say jack, this woman has lost all my money. I had to sell my high end laptops and car sef.

Now the true color of everyone came out. Friends are the worse, the ones i bot fone for no de reach my house again. He comes every weekend cos we stay on d same street. Friends i de buy things for every weekend that i even dash money every and then stopped relating with me immediately. Hasn't called or chat.

The one wey dey come meet me borrow money every week wey i de even tell am to forget repayment embarrassed me cos he is now doing fine and i borrowed some funds and couldn't pay bak in time.

Only one or 2 colleagues reach out.

My siblings, two have been so supportive and encouraging. The other two wey i even place on salary for over 5 yrs no send me like dat.

My parents have been very wonderful mehn. They re lovely especially my mom. I just feel so sad i can't cater for her now but thank God dad is a pensioner

Street pple wey i de support financially nko i, lol.

Brokeness willq teach u lesson and u must learn

The moment God lifts me up again, i would not revenge or stop being good but omoooooooooo, i will always put myself first o. Big lessons mehn

There's no friend on this Street bro, I hope you bounce back and be cautious in Ur dealings
This right here is the lesson I learnt the hard way

2 Likes

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by Darealrick(m): 8:07pm On Apr 23
peterboro:

Please change that "G" for God to capital letter. God is always a wonder working God.

THIS WAS EXACTLY MY STORY. But in my own case, my mom and my 3 younger sisters stood by me through prayers and believing in me that things can get better soon.

AND SAME WAY GOD FINALLY DID IT FOR ME AND I GOT A SURPRISED VISA LATE LAST YEAR. And i have been making sure my mom and sisters will never lack🙏🙏🙏🤲🤲🤲

BUT YOU SEE FRIENDS?
I leaned my lesson through those period.

I only just pity my best friend and sent him 1m to do business just two weeks ago. I just did it because of God.
Why did you use the term "pity"
Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by LIVINGICONREBOR: 8:18pm On Apr 23
RickyJesus:

As simple as that, one person just dey talk one kind about his family to the extent of blocking their number, fvck that.

You can't really blame him. It is very possible his family is shit. You can't really call that a family, more like an aggregation of dangerous individuals related by blood.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by LIVINGICONREBOR: 8:20pm On Apr 23
Gentlesoul2021:

They are coming through for me at the moment...

Honestly, having a good family is gold.
Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by EvangelistChuks(m): 8:29pm On Apr 23
Recompense to no man ,evil for evil says Jesus the standard for life:Remember you won’t be taking any dime with you when the owner of your soul demands it.
Jesus loves you.
Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by FRANCISTOWN: 8:30pm On Apr 23
tochez24:

Now I'm very brutal🙄

Even if person die, my one kobo no go drop i tell you⚠️

Staying wicked is the only way to surf this wicked world🎯🎯
😂😂😂😂... I swr, because sustaining riches sometimes is even more difficult than attaining riches.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by tochez24(m): 8:48pm On Apr 23
FRANCISTOWN:

😂😂😂😂... I swr, because sustaining riches sometimes is even more difficult than attaining riches.

I have learnt the HARD way😅

1 Like

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by Ajibel(m): 9:04pm On Apr 23
yarimo:
You will realize you have a lot of crowd with very very few friends and loved ones

This!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by Gentlesoul2021(m): 9:05pm On Apr 23
LIVINGICONREBOR:

Honestly, having a good family is gold.

You're 100% right. In this perilous time, I can kill myself if I didyhave this people around me. . I wouldn't be able to withstand this storm...
Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by Prettychild(f): 9:09pm On Apr 23
Hmmn. After giving your life to Jesus Christ, have money cos money stops nonsense

1 Like

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by eedris85(m): 9:22pm On Apr 23
GreatVocalist:
Most people are really terrible and opportunistic.

I'm presently in this phase of life at the moment. Friends don't belief me that am managing to survive. I had to change environment afterwards (with my family) so as to get close to my relative that could help out. My brother, life is not always a bed of roses at all. Several bad thoughts linger in my head, but thank God for my wife, siblings.

I've got properties to sell off but the bidding is just far below my expectation. Thank God for the achievement so far (even though have sold off some propertie). However, am of the great belief that almighty GOD would pave a way as though time don't last, but though people do.

My people, let's always be in touch with friends going through difficult times(even if you have the money to offer them). Depression is real oh, may God in his infinite mercy pave a way for everyone going through this trying times in this economy harship.

1 Like

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by Daviestunech(m): 9:44pm On Apr 23
LIVINGICONREBOR:
At the end of the day when the chips are down, "family" is all you have got. They came through for me.

God bless you for this...

If you have a good family that is bound with love ND the fear of God trust me, u don't know what the Lord has done for u.

Hv also been there and thank God for my family too
Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by LOVEGINO(m): 9:46pm On Apr 23
tochez24:

My own mum called me lazy, and 3 three of my sisters were all misbehaving because i no hol bar... All my friends left and my babe back then finally broke up with me!!!!!

I see shege banza when my money finish, before god the magician did it for me again⚠️

I travelled and BLOCKED all of them ASAP!!!!

I only talk to my mum once in awhile and send peanuts for her because she carried me for 9 months, if not she too for don chop blocking🥴

Human beings are DISGUSTING creatures i tell you!!!!

My brother continue to keep your head up, e go click one day i tell you✅✅✅
baba u learn wella. Even d future new friends avoid dem.

3 Likes

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by MOG6670(m): 9:49pm On Apr 23
travelzcruix:
Same comment you are looking for is the one I am also looking for, so let us scrool down together.
wicked soul. hahaha what type of comment is that?
Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by MOG6670(m): 9:50pm On Apr 23
Timothy89:
Save more, spend less

Fall in love with numbers, save & invest, save & invest
how do i fall in love with number
Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by Threedoorsdown: 9:56pm On Apr 23
Thanks brother
Gentlesoul2021:

There's no friend on this Street bro, I hope you bounce back and be cautious in Ur dealings
This right here is the lesson I learnt the hard way

1 Like

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by OriOko88(m): 10:01pm On Apr 23
Arsenal are 30 points above Chelsea. Damnnn.

I cant believe when last such a huge gap came between the two teams.

Na poor recruitment fkd dem up. Dem need to sack all their technical directors and director of football

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My Mum's Experience With WEMA BANK / Top Paying Online Marketing Programs Nigerians Can Sign Up For / Nigerian Manufacturers Capture Eastern, Southern African Markets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.