Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,299 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

My Review Of Utme 2024 Utme Mathematics Examination (they Set Sin40°) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Review Of Utme 2024 Utme Mathematics Examination (they Set Sin40°) (21349 Views)

UTME 2024: Why Maduka University Enugu Should Be Your Ideal Choice / Meet My Overall Best Students In second Term 2018/2019 mathematics examination / "The Results Are Fake": JAMB Speaks On Release Of UTME 2018 Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Review Of Utme 2024 Utme Mathematics Examination (they Set Sin40°) by SonofGod231: 10:36am On Apr 30
fawaz050:

E don good. Make I spoil Navy ship 🚢. I don sabi Marine Engineer.
It's our work...Na me be the marine engine doc, without us nothing works ohh.
Re: My Review Of Utme 2024 Utme Mathematics Examination (they Set Sin40°) by Silentgroper(m): 10:36am On Apr 30
illicit:
It's a tricycle in Nigeria

Which one is Auto rickshaw?

Ehn?

Your write up is pompous, like what an 'I Too Know' student would write

Best of luck

🥵
anything with a three wheel is called a tricycle ... In order to be specific was why he wrote it that way ...
Re: My Review Of Utme 2024 Utme Mathematics Examination (they Set Sin40°) by fawaz050(m): 10:41am On Apr 30
SonofGod231:

It's our work...Na me be the marine engine doc, without us nothing works ohh.

Wehdone
Re: My Review Of Utme 2024 Utme Mathematics Examination (they Set Sin40°) by illicit(m): 10:42am On Apr 30
Silentgroper:
anything with a three wheel is called a tricycle ... In order to be specific was why he wrote it that way ...

Verbosity

In Nigerian parlance

A tricycle means Keke napep aka Marwa

4 Likes

Re: My Review Of Utme 2024 Utme Mathematics Examination (they Set Sin40°) by BlackFlamefromP: 10:43am On Apr 30
Benbisco:

Tricycle ke!

Is it not Keke ni?

Keke ke. I thought they call it Marwa!

1 Like

Re: My Review Of Utme 2024 Utme Mathematics Examination (they Set Sin40°) by Winterhaven(m): 10:43am On Apr 30
Mrshape:
UNIBEN
Good one. I hope your result is released soon
Re: My Review Of Utme 2024 Utme Mathematics Examination (they Set Sin40°) by Silentgroper(m): 10:44am On Apr 30
illicit:

Verbosity

In Nigerian parlance

A tricycle means Keke napep aka Marwa
those baby bikes with three wheels is called what by an average Nigerian??
Re: My Review Of Utme 2024 Utme Mathematics Examination (they Set Sin40°) by illicit(m): 10:45am On Apr 30
Silentgroper:
those baby bikes with three wheels is called what by an average Nigerian??

Keke Omode (Kid's Cycle)

That's in Yoruba

😑

3 Likes

Re: My Review Of Utme 2024 Utme Mathematics Examination (they Set Sin40°) by ceejayluv(m): 10:46am On Apr 30
airsaylongcome:

Communication is about passing AND receiving meaning. To the average Nigerian, that thing is called Kèké Napep. OP should have just stuck with the local.term instead of using bombast or being bombastic
Nairaland readership is not restricted to Nigerians only.

2 Likes

Re: My Review Of Utme 2024 Utme Mathematics Examination (they Set Sin40°) by RichestMinds: 10:49am On Apr 30
Mrshape:
On Tuesday morning, April 23rd, 2024, was set for my UTME examination. My center was close to my house, so at 6:20 am, I came out from the house hoping to catch an auto rickshaw . I left with my ATM card, ID card and my JAMB examination photo card. On getting to the junction, I observed there was no auto rickshaw, so I had to run down to the road before I was able to see a vehicle. I appreciated the running because it was an opportunity for me to do some exercise, which people had been advising me to take because of my sedentary nature due to work.

When I got to the center, it was not very crowded as I thought. I proceeded to the queue, and a man asked me if I could have my phone. I said no. After the thumb printing, we went further to the hall to sit down. Although there were not enough chairs the People organizing it were kind enough to release their chairs to students to sit down. I applaud them for that.

As I was about entered the main hall for the computers, it was advocated that ID card and ATM cards was not allowed, that it was part of the rules sent to us, so I had to go down and check for one of my fellow proprietors I saw around and I gave him my items so that I could pick them up when I'm done with the exam. I really appreciated that

I began with English, I was trying to navigate to find where to shortcut to transit it to mathematics, but I was unable to find a way out (maybe I it isa available but I don't know how to navigate it,but I later found out that I can move to the next by selecting the last question of the subject and clicking on next, this was when I was stuffing through the system in my third subject) The computer screen was not as big as I expected, so scrolling up and down was challenging. In the English section, I went to choose Hakini instead of Hakini because I didn't read the novel, I only listen to the audiobook,. I checked it up later, and it was Hakimi not Hakini, I failed that question, so UTME student sould listen and read the novel to be able to identify correct spellings as it is one of the aspect to be tested as outlined out in the English syllabus

Next was physics the physics was ok , *Next Mathematics I did well in this, except for a question asking to find the area of a triangle, given the angle between the two sides 40° which formula was 0.5 * a * b * sin 40°. It was unfortunate that 40° is not part of special angles. I was racking my brain on how to solve this. I know the sine of 30° and sin 60 = 0.8660, The option to the question was have same whole number with only a difference in the second decimal place, . This was the challenge was a challenge to identify the correct option. JAMB should stick to the agreement set questions using special angles only and if they are to go variant the options should be distinct son that a student should obviously be able to choose the correct option with knowledge of special angles and trigonometry graph visualization,
There was a question in my mathematics binary operation using LCM, I applaud JAMB for that question whoever set question is very smart, after solving it I smiled.

After my mathematics I was left with about 12 minutes for chemistry maybe I fell in love with the mathematics questions trying to look at the reason why each questions was set, well it was fun.

When I saw I have just 12 minutes remaining for chemistry I know this is not the time to start calculation in the chemistry I hurried move through the questions to find the ones can easily I identify the answer I click on then why the others I just used possible elimination to choice a possible answer
In total I am expecting
Mathematics around 98±2
English around 85±10
Physics around 89±8
Chemistry around 70±10
Total around 330 to 360

For the record I applied for BCE Mathematics I might go and study the course but I would have prefarerd Mathematics and Artificial intelligence but no school in Nigeria is offering it.

Another Mmesoma in the making.

Let the JAMB release your result first, your assumption on getting 330 to 360 is ridiculous. We were not there when you are writing your exam? Moreover, how sure are we to know you are very intelligent?

I'm suspecting you...

I don't believe you.

But I won't talk now. I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: My Review Of Utme 2024 Utme Mathematics Examination (they Set Sin40°) by Silentgroper(m): 10:58am On Apr 30
illicit:

Keke Omode (Kid's Cycle)

That's in Yoruba

😑
no be so igbo man go sabi am ..
Re: My Review Of Utme 2024 Utme Mathematics Examination (they Set Sin40°) by illicit(m): 11:00am On Apr 30
Silentgroper:
no be so igbo man go sabi am ..

Yeah sure

Exactly

How many Igbo man go Sabi Auto rickshaw

Just say tricycle or Keke

Voila!

Not that he is wrong tho but na show off

1 Like

Re: My Review Of Utme 2024 Utme Mathematics Examination (they Set Sin40°) by psucc(m): 11:04am On Apr 30
Op, now that the result is out, what's your score? Hope JAMB no jamb you o
Re: My Review Of Utme 2024 Utme Mathematics Examination (they Set Sin40°) by FireUpNow(m): 11:04am On Apr 30
The result is out, so tell us what your score is. Thank you

4 Likes

Re: My Review Of Utme 2024 Utme Mathematics Examination (they Set Sin40°) by Mamayam: 11:07am On Apr 30
Mrshape:

I think the result will be out before Friday next week
Are you not already a GRADUATE?
Re: My Review Of Utme 2024 Utme Mathematics Examination (they Set Sin40°) by Silentgroper(m): 11:14am On Apr 30
illicit:

Yeah sure

Exactly

How many Igbo man go Sabi Auto rickshaw

Nu just say tricycle or Keke

Voila!

Not that he is wrong tho but na show off
.. i get you ... But he isn't talking one on one with an igbo man .. He made this post on a public space with diverse users .. if he wrote tricycle or Keke people.. Those diverse lots would have a hard time understanding what a Keke is plus they'd be confused when they see tricycle... But the term he used is a precise one and won't have anyone having a hard time to understand his post ..
Re: My Review Of Utme 2024 Utme Mathematics Examination (they Set Sin40°) by NaijaChild: 11:23am On Apr 30
Please the result is out. We are waiting.
Re: My Review Of Utme 2024 Utme Mathematics Examination (they Set Sin40°) by kings59: 11:24am On Apr 30
Mrshape:

UNIBEN

This is the mistake many intelligent people make.

Choose a school you will go and make 1st class easily. Not the ones you will see crowd and lecturers that won't set what they taught.

A private university is your best bet. You will have access to a good library, and you won't skip lectures. Everything will go well for you and easy learning.

I had a friend like that. We were very intelligent. We read and solved questions together. We even finished the scheme of work while on holidays. We made good scores in Jamb.

He went to a private university, while I went to one of these federal universities. He made 1st class easily, while I made 2'1. Despite my reading and studying habit. Everything about my life then was school, book, solve , read and answer. After church, na book straight.

Lectures hardly set what they taught. I knew I bleeped up and started regretting why I didn't choose a private university. I'm the type of guy who doesn't sort or engage in copying or group work.

My advice for you is when you have gained your admission, find out the best student in year 2 with the best result, and try to ask him about the lectures and what courses might be difficult for you. Learn things from his story and be optimistic.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Review Of Utme 2024 Utme Mathematics Examination (they Set Sin40°) by airsaylongcome: 11:38am On Apr 30
ceejayluv:

Nairaland readership is not restricted to Nigerians only.

True. But the content is more targeted at Nigerians resident in Nigeria. You write, targeting the majority of your readers. That's why when you go on places like reddit and see ELI5, or IANAL you go and research them as a non-American. Any non-Nigerian that wants to know the meaning of "Kèké Napep" should go and research it

4 Likes

Re: My Review Of Utme 2024 Utme Mathematics Examination (they Set Sin40°) by godwon01(m): 11:42am On Apr 30
jeromestarks:
People still write jamb?
No wonder children are so much on nairaland.
Tueh.
Honestly, the kids are doing well on Nairaland. Their standard of communication is very high. The problem with them is they swear a lot on minor issues. Especially, on sport columns when the super Eagles are playing or when any English teams are playing. Nairaland youths, keep your good work up. Kudos to you

1 Like

Re: My Review Of Utme 2024 Utme Mathematics Examination (they Set Sin40°) by Mrshape: 11:51am On Apr 30
OriOko88:

Pls keep us updated after ur result is released.

I guess jamb is sensing foul play cos u probably scored very high
I will surely bring the update to nairaland

1 Like

Re: My Review Of Utme 2024 Utme Mathematics Examination (they Set Sin40°) by Mrshape: 11:52am On Apr 30
Collins4u1:
I’ll love to know the outcome, good luck to you bro
I will surely share the outcome on nairaland
Re: My Review Of Utme 2024 Utme Mathematics Examination (they Set Sin40°) by Mrshape: 11:54am On Apr 30
odeku457:
I think it's a good write up and wish @Op all the best and solution to the Situation with UTME results soon. And kindly give NLders feedback. Thanks.
I will post the feedback
Re: My Review Of Utme 2024 Utme Mathematics Examination (they Set Sin40°) by gasparpisciotta: 11:56am On Apr 30
@ Mrshape, are people getting their results already?

Pls update me
Re: My Review Of Utme 2024 Utme Mathematics Examination (they Set Sin40°) by Mrshape: 11:58am On Apr 30
gasparpisciotta:
@ Mrshape, are people getting their results already?

Pls update me
Some people have got there result but kine is showing " result under investigation
Re: My Review Of Utme 2024 Utme Mathematics Examination (they Set Sin40°) by Cesclxg(m): 12:15pm On Apr 30
Mrshape:
On Tuesday morning, April 23rd, 2024, was set for my UTME examination. My center was close to my house, so at 6:20 am, I came out from the house hoping to catch an auto rickshaw . I left with my ATM card, ID card and my JAMB examination photo card. On getting to the junction, I observed there was no auto rickshaw, so I had to run down to the road before I was able to see a vehicle. I appreciated the running because it was an opportunity for me to do some exercise, which people had been advising me to take because of my sedentary nature due to work.

When I got to the center, it was not very crowded as I thought. I proceeded to the queue, and a man asked me if I could have my phone. I said no. After the thumb printing, we went further to the hall to sit down. Although there were not enough chairs the People organizing it were kind enough to release their chairs to students to sit down. I applaud them for that.

As I was about entered the main hall for the computers, it was advocated that ID card and ATM cards was not allowed, that it was part of the rules sent to us, so I had to go down and check for one of my fellow proprietors I saw around and I gave him my items so that I could pick them up when I'm done with the exam. I really appreciated that

I began with English, I was trying to navigate to find where to shortcut to transit it to mathematics, but I was unable to find a way out (maybe I it isa available but I don't know how to navigate it,but I later found out that I can move to the next by selecting the last question of the subject and clicking on next, this was when I was stuffing through the system in my third subject) The computer screen was not as big as I expected, so scrolling up and down was challenging. In the English section, I went to choose Hakini instead of Hakini because I didn't read the novel, I only listen to the audiobook,. I checked it up later, and it was Hakimi not Hakini, I failed that question, so UTME student sould listen and read the novel to be able to identify correct spellings as it is one of the aspect to be tested as outlined out in the English syllabus

Next was physics the physics was ok , *Next Mathematics I did well in this, except for a question asking to find the area of a triangle, given the angle between the two sides 40° which formula was 0.5 * a * b * sin 40°. It was unfortunate that 40° is not part of special angles. I was racking my brain on how to solve this. I know the sine of 30° and sin 60 = 0.8660, The option to the question was have same whole number with only a difference in the second decimal place, . This was the challenge was a challenge to identify the correct option. JAMB should stick to the agreement set questions using special angles only and if they are to go variant the options should be distinct son that a student should obviously be able to choose the correct option with knowledge of special angles and trigonometry graph visualization,
There was a question in my mathematics binary operation using LCM, I applaud JAMB for that question whoever set question is very smart, after solving it I smiled.

After my mathematics I was left with about 12 minutes for chemistry maybe I fell in love with the mathematics questions trying to look at the reason why each questions was set, well it was fun.

When I saw I have just 12 minutes remaining for chemistry I know this is not the time to start calculation in the chemistry I hurried move through the questions to find the ones can easily I identify the answer I click on then why the others I just used possible elimination to choice a possible answer
In total I am expecting
Mathematics around 98±2
English around 85±10
Physics around 89±8
Chemistry around 70±10
Total around 330 to 360

For the record I applied for BCE Mathematics I might go and study the course but I would have prefarerd Mathematics and Artificial intelligence but no school in Nigeria is offering it.

There are lots of grammatical errors. You may be smart, but your English isn't. And wtf is an auto rickshaw? Next time, try to communicate instead of showing off. As someone pointed out earlier, your audience is mostly Nigerians, so you should have used a word that almost everyone here knows.

3 Likes

Re: My Review Of Utme 2024 Utme Mathematics Examination (they Set Sin40°) by Taku555(m): 12:15pm On Apr 30
What's the outcome of your UTME result?
Re: My Review Of Utme 2024 Utme Mathematics Examination (they Set Sin40°) by youngrichnigga: 12:16pm On Apr 30
Mrshape:

I think the result will be out before Friday next week
The results are out, hope you fared well cool cool cool
Re: My Review Of Utme 2024 Utme Mathematics Examination (they Set Sin40°) by Raynald: 12:18pm On Apr 30
Not every question has same marks
For instance in Chemistry
Calculations carry higher marks
Re: My Review Of Utme 2024 Utme Mathematics Examination (they Set Sin40°) by ObinnaEmmanuel: 12:34pm On Apr 30
That sin (40) question I think you could probably have estimated it by seeing which option is close to the expected answer for sin (45). But that could have been difficult to think of in those exam conditions. Wishing you good luck with your results though.
Re: My Review Of Utme 2024 Utme Mathematics Examination (they Set Sin40°) by tellsblinks(m): 12:48pm On Apr 30
jeromestarks:
People still write jamb?
No wonder children are so much on nairaland.
Tueh.

E go first shock am grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photos From Unilorin Students' Union Election Manifesto / 10 States With The Highest Number Of Universities In Nigeria / UNIBEN Suspends 2016 Post-UTME Screening Exercise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.