Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,162 members, 7,835,886 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

My Review Of Utme 2024 Utme Mathematics Examination (they Set Sin40°) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Review Of Utme 2024 Utme Mathematics Examination (they Set Sin40°) (21338 Views)

UTME 2024: Why Maduka University Enugu Should Be Your Ideal Choice / Meet My Overall Best Students In second Term 2018/2019 mathematics examination / "The Results Are Fake": JAMB Speaks On Release Of UTME 2018 Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Review Of Utme 2024 Utme Mathematics Examination (they Set Sin40°) by kentokay71: 9:53am On Apr 30
SO with all this what is your score, now that the result is out
Mrshape:
On Tuesday morning, April 23rd, 2024, was set for my UTME examination. My center was close to my house, so at 6:20 am, I came out from the house hoping to catch an auto rickshaw . I left with my ATM card, ID card and my JAMB examination photo card. On getting to the junction, I observed there was no auto rickshaw, so I had to run down to the road before I was able to see a vehicle. I appreciated the running because it was an opportunity for me to do some exercise, which people had been advising me to take because of my sedentary nature due to work.

When I got to the center, it was not very crowded as I thought. I proceeded to the queue, and a man asked me if I could have my phone. I said no. After the thumb printing, we went further to the hall to sit down. Although there were not enough chairs the People organizing it were kind enough to release their chairs to students to sit down. I applaud them for that.

As I was about entered the main hall for the computers, it was advocated that ID card and ATM cards was not allowed, that it was part of the rules sent to us, so I had to go down and check for one of my fellow proprietors I saw around and I gave him my items so that I could pick them up when I'm done with the exam. I really appreciated that

I began with English, I was trying to navigate to find where to shortcut to transit it to mathematics, but I was unable to find a way out (maybe I it isa available but I don't know how to navigate it,but I later found out that I can move to the next by selecting the last question of the subject and clicking on next, this was when I was stuffing through the system in my third subject) The computer screen was not as big as I expected, so scrolling up and down was challenging. In the English section, I went to choose Hakini instead of Hakini because I didn't read the novel, I only listen to the audiobook,. I checked it up later, and it was Hakimi not Hakini, I failed that question, so UTME student sould listen and read the novel to be able to identify correct spellings as it is one of the aspect to be tested as outlined out in the English syllabus

Next was physics the physics was ok , *Next Mathematics I did well in this, except for a question asking to find the area of a triangle, given the angle between the two sides 40° which formula was 0.5 * a * b * sin 40°. It was unfortunate that 40° is not part of special angles. I was racking my brain on how to solve this. I know the sine of 30° and sin 60 = 0.8660, The option to the question was have same whole number with only a difference in the second decimal place, . This was the challenge was a challenge to identify the correct option. JAMB should stick to the agreement set questions using special angles only and if they are to go variant the options should be distinct son that a student should obviously be able to choose the correct option with knowledge of special angles and trigonometry graph visualization,
There was a question in my mathematics binary operation using LCM, I applaud JAMB for that question whoever set question is very smart, after solving it I smiled.

After my mathematics I was left with about 12 minutes for chemistry maybe I fell in love with the mathematics questions trying to look at the reason why each questions was set, well it was fun.

When I saw I have just 12 minutes remaining for chemistry I know this is not the time to start calculation in the chemistry I hurried move through the questions to find the ones can easily I identify the answer I click on then why the others I just used possible elimination to choice a possible answer
In total I am expecting
Mathematics around 98±2
English around 85±10
Physics around 89±8
Chemistry around 70±10
Total around 330 to 360

For the record I applied for BCE Mathematics I might go and study the course but I would have prefarerd Mathematics and Artificial intelligence but no school in Nigeria is offering it.
Re: My Review Of Utme 2024 Utme Mathematics Examination (they Set Sin40°) by fawaz050(m): 9:54am On Apr 30
I remember that year I been they expect 300+. My results no quick come out. I come dey worry.

Na so Dem nack me 281 o.

Best of luck guys.

2 Likes

Re: My Review Of Utme 2024 Utme Mathematics Examination (they Set Sin40°) by ositadima1(m): 9:54am On Apr 30
Mrshape:
On Tuesday morning, April 23rd, 2024, was set for my UTME examination. My center was close to my house, so at 6:20 am, I came out from the house hoping to catch an auto rickshaw . I left with my ATM card, ID card and my JAMB examination photo card. On getting to the junction, I observed there was no auto rickshaw, so I had to run down to the road before I was able to see a vehicle. I appreciated the running because it was an opportunity for me to do some exercise, which people had been advising me to take because of my sedentary nature due to work.

When I got to the center, it was not very crowded as I thought. I proceeded to the queue, and a man asked me if I could have my phone. I said no. After the thumb printing, we went further to the hall to sit down. Although there were not enough chairs the People organizing it were kind enough to release their chairs to students to sit down. I applaud them for that.

As I was about entered the main hall for the computers, it was advocated that ID card and ATM cards was not allowed, that it was part of the rules sent to us, so I had to go down and check for one of my fellow proprietors I saw around and I gave him my items so that I could pick them up when I'm done with the exam. I really appreciated that

I began with English, I was trying to navigate to find where to shortcut to transit it to mathematics, but I was unable to find a way out (maybe I it isa available but I don't know how to navigate it,but I later found out that I can move to the next by selecting the last question of the subject and clicking on next, this was when I was stuffing through the system in my third subject) The computer screen was not as big as I expected, so scrolling up and down was challenging. In the English section, I went to choose Hakini instead of Hakini because I didn't read the novel, I only listen to the audiobook,. I checked it up later, and it was Hakimi not Hakini, I failed that question, so UTME student sould listen and read the novel to be able to identify correct spellings as it is one of the aspect to be tested as outlined out in the English syllabus

Next was physics the physics was ok , *Next Mathematics I did well in this, except for a question asking to find the area of a triangle, given the angle between the two sides 40° which formula was 0.5 * a * b * sin 40°. It was unfortunate that 40° is not part of special angles. I was racking my brain on how to solve this. I know the sine of 30° and sin 60 = 0.8660, The option to the question was have same whole number with only a difference in the second decimal place, . This was the challenge was a challenge to identify the correct option. JAMB should stick to the agreement set questions using special angles only and if they are to go variant the options should be distinct son that a student should obviously be able to choose the correct option with knowledge of special angles and trigonometry graph visualization,
There was a question in my mathematics binary operation using LCM, I applaud JAMB for that question whoever set question is very smart, after solving it I smiled.

After my mathematics I was left with about 12 minutes for chemistry maybe I fell in love with the mathematics questions trying to look at the reason why each questions was set, well it was fun.

When I saw I have just 12 minutes remaining for chemistry I know this is not the time to start calculation in the chemistry I hurried move through the questions to find the ones can easily I identify the answer I click on then why the others I just used possible elimination to choice a possible answer
In total I am expecting
Mathematics around 98±2
English around 85±10
Physics around 89±8
Chemistry around 70±10
Total around 330 to 360

For the record I applied for BCE Mathematics I might go and study the course but I would have prefarerd Mathematics and Artificial intelligence but no school in Nigeria is offering it.

I think they may have wanted to test a few skills, even though there is no standard sin 40°, and it is not easy to get it with a trigonometric identity either. Then, you should have calculated for sin 30° and sin 45°. The area should be somewhere in between but closer to sin 45°. After that, go through the answers to see which one satisfies these inequalities.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Review Of Utme 2024 Utme Mathematics Examination (they Set Sin40°) by OriOko88(m): 9:54am On Apr 30
Mrshape:

My result is under investigation
Pls keep us updated after ur result is released.

I guess jamb is sensing foul play cos u probably scored very high

1 Like

Re: My Review Of Utme 2024 Utme Mathematics Examination (they Set Sin40°) by johnson4nosa(m): 9:54am On Apr 30
The guy get small pride
illicit:
It's a tricycle

Which one is Auto rickshaw?

Ehn?

Your write up is pompous, like what an ITK student will write

Best of luck

🥵

8 Likes

Re: My Review Of Utme 2024 Utme Mathematics Examination (they Set Sin40°) by Puss360(f): 9:54am On Apr 30
TosineGuy:

The guy fit get 205 sef.
Typical Nigerians with their bad belle lifestyle... Why wishing the guy badluck... If you have nothing to say, move to the back!!!

8 Likes

Re: My Review Of Utme 2024 Utme Mathematics Examination (they Set Sin40°) by Mrshape: 9:56am On Apr 30
ositadima1:

Here's the corrected grammar and prose:

I think they may have wanted to test a few skills, even though there is no sin 40°, and it is not easy to get it with a trigonometric identity either. Then, you should have calculated for sin 30° and sin 45°. The area should be somewhere in between but closer to sin 45°. After that, go through the answers to see which one satisfies these inequalities.

the difference two answers have 17 point something and two answers has around 25 point something with there difference only in the 2nd decimal place
Re: My Review Of Utme 2024 Utme Mathematics Examination (they Set Sin40°) by CaCO3: 9:57am On Apr 30
TosineGuy:
You used 12 mins to answer chemistry questions and you are expecting 70 ±10 marks. lol.

Na see Finish...A whole chemistry.

10 Likes

Re: My Review Of Utme 2024 Utme Mathematics Examination (they Set Sin40°) by Easyincome24: 9:57am On Apr 30
Such a good review from you. You also tried not to be biased to yourself by accepting that you didn't manage your time well enough.
Also you ended up with self appraisal through your optimism which is very good as it improves ones confidence.

Let me also add that while pursuing your BCE Mathematics, you may try some online Diploma in Mathematics with AI to have an edge. You don't necessarily need to do it while your school is on session. It could be during hols, unexpected ASUU strikes etc.

Keep on being positive!

6 Likes

Re: My Review Of Utme 2024 Utme Mathematics Examination (they Set Sin40°) by zubam(m): 9:57am On Apr 30
I know the sine of 30° and sin 60 = 0.8660, The option to the question was have same whole number with only a difference in the second decimal place, .
Sin 30 = 0.5000 and cos 30 = 0. 8660
Re: My Review Of Utme 2024 Utme Mathematics Examination (they Set Sin40°) by Collins4u1(m): 9:58am On Apr 30
I’ll love to know the outcome, good luck to you bro
Re: My Review Of Utme 2024 Utme Mathematics Examination (they Set Sin40°) by Benbisco(f): 9:59am On Apr 30
illicit:
It's a tricycle

Ehn?

Best of luck

🥵

Tricycle ke!

Is it not Keke ni?

13 Likes

Re: My Review Of Utme 2024 Utme Mathematics Examination (they Set Sin40°) by ositadima1(m): 10:01am On Apr 30
Mrshape:
the difference two answers have 17 point something and two answers has around 25 point something with there difference only in the 2nd decimal place

What were the triangle's hypotenuse and adjacent side? Let me check something.
Re: My Review Of Utme 2024 Utme Mathematics Examination (they Set Sin40°) by tuzle(m): 10:01am On Apr 30
kentokay71:
SO with all this what is your score, now that the result is out
go to front page and read through.
Re: My Review Of Utme 2024 Utme Mathematics Examination (they Set Sin40°) by SonofGod231: 10:03am On Apr 30
I love mathematics and still do.
During my time in the year 2000 I scored 267 back then no post utme.
I'm still saving it for my kids to rise up to the challenge.
This trig ratios have quadrants you use to solve them easily with respect to pi. can't crack my head now.
All the best champ.

1 Like

Re: My Review Of Utme 2024 Utme Mathematics Examination (they Set Sin40°) by SporaD8: 10:06am On Apr 30
See who is trying to be the Judge in his own case!
Dictating to the exam board and already awarding himself scores!
I will tell Oloyede his Job is no longer secure - He's got himself a good competition in a Nairalander!

3 Likes

Re: My Review Of Utme 2024 Utme Mathematics Examination (they Set Sin40°) by fawaz050(m): 10:09am On Apr 30
illicit:
It's a tricycle

Ehn?

Best of luck

🥵

Lol. When one's young, one tends to be grandiloquent. One would try to fit everything one knows in a simple write up.

But as one grows older, one realizes that nobody actually cares

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Review Of Utme 2024 Utme Mathematics Examination (they Set Sin40°) by fawaz050(m): 10:11am On Apr 30
SonofGod231:
I love mathematics and still do.
During my time in the year 2000 I scored 267 back then no post utme.
I'm still saving it for my kids to rise up to the challenge.
This trig ratios have quadrants you use to solve them easily with respect to pi. can't crack my head now.
All the best champ.

Wao 2000! 267! Well done

You must be at Top Management Level now or living your dream. I don't mind being a mentee grin

Efiko

1 Like

Re: My Review Of Utme 2024 Utme Mathematics Examination (they Set Sin40°) by iFESTAC680(m): 10:15am On Apr 30
Mrshape:

UNIBEN

The same Uniben that their SU has be suspended indefinitely.
Re: My Review Of Utme 2024 Utme Mathematics Examination (they Set Sin40°) by odeku457(m): 10:16am On Apr 30
I think it's a good write up and wish @Op all the best and solution to the Situation with UTME results soon. And kindly give NLders feedback. Thanks.
Re: My Review Of Utme 2024 Utme Mathematics Examination (they Set Sin40°) by Johnson225(m): 10:16am On Apr 30
fawaz050:

Lol. When one's young, one tends to be grandiloquent. One would try to fit everything one knows in a simple write up.

But as one grows other, one realizes that nobody actually cares
Nobody cares Fr grin
Normally, grammer no dey pay bills. Adulthood is all about paying bills

2 Likes

Re: My Review Of Utme 2024 Utme Mathematics Examination (they Set Sin40°) by fawaz050(m): 10:18am On Apr 30
Johnson225:

grin
Normally grammer no dey pay bills. Adulthood is all about paying bills

Lol, abi na. Na to communicate be koko.

3 Likes

Re: My Review Of Utme 2024 Utme Mathematics Examination (they Set Sin40°) by ceejayluv(m): 10:21am On Apr 30
illicit:
It's a tricycle

Ehn?

Best of luck

🥵
Tricycle is a broader term... The specific name is cycle ricksaw or auto ricksaw.
He's not incorrect.

2 Likes

Re: My Review Of Utme 2024 Utme Mathematics Examination (they Set Sin40°) by Johnson225(m): 10:22am On Apr 30
fawaz050:

Lol, abi na. Na to communicate be koko.

Gbam
Re: My Review Of Utme 2024 Utme Mathematics Examination (they Set Sin40°) by ceejayluv(m): 10:23am On Apr 30
fawaz050:

But as one grows older, one realizes that nobody actually cares
In youth we learn, in adulthood we understand.
No knowledge is wasted. Let the young Man flex his lexical muscles.
Re: My Review Of Utme 2024 Utme Mathematics Examination (they Set Sin40°) by SonofGod231: 10:24am On Apr 30
fawaz050:

Wao 2000! 267! Well done

You must at Top Management Level now or living your dream. I don't mind being a mentee grin

Efiko
😁😁😁 No kill me with laffter this morning. No be only mentee but like the saying goes when preparation meets opportunity you excel. I'm a certified marine engineer. God has been wonderful.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Review Of Utme 2024 Utme Mathematics Examination (they Set Sin40°) by Nyanabo(m): 10:25am On Apr 30
From your write up you are an intelligent kid. I hope you beat your expectation.

6 Likes

Re: My Review Of Utme 2024 Utme Mathematics Examination (they Set Sin40°) by fawaz050(m): 10:26am On Apr 30
ceejayluv:

In youth we learn, in adulthood we understand.
No knowledge is wasted. Let the young Man flex his lexical muscles.

Yes. But I didn't inveigh on the young man for displaying his grammatical prowess. I was rather giving my philosophical take.

2 Likes

Re: My Review Of Utme 2024 Utme Mathematics Examination (they Set Sin40°) by airsaylongcome: 10:27am On Apr 30
ceejayluv:

Tricycle is a broader term... The specific name is cycle ricksaw or auto ricksaw.
He's not incorrect.

Communication is about passing AND receiving meaning. To the average Nigerian, that thing is called Kèké Napep. OP should have just stuck with the local.term instead of using bombast or being bombastic

3 Likes

Re: My Review Of Utme 2024 Utme Mathematics Examination (they Set Sin40°) by fawaz050(m): 10:27am On Apr 30
SonofGod231:

😁😁😁 No kill me with laffter this morning. No be only mentee but like the saying goes when preparation meets opportunity you excel. I'm a certified marine engineer. God has been wonderful.

E don good. Make I spoil Navy ship 🚢. I don sabi Marine Engineer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

School Where Pupils Sit On Floor To Learn In Akwa Ibom (Photo) / Photos From Unilorin Students' Union Election Manifesto / 10 States With The Highest Number Of Universities In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.