Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,478 members, 7,830,407 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

Why Are There Many Different Denominations In The Christian Faith? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are There Many Different Denominations In The Christian Faith? (915 Views)

The Pioneers (Fathers) Of The Christian Faith In Nigeria / Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? / Denominations In Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are There Many Different Denominations In The Christian Faith? by emofine(f): 5:59pm On Nov 19, 2011
The bible states there is one way to entering the Kingdom of Heaven.

“I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved.” John 10:9a KJV

“He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.” John 10:1 KJV

I gather that such verses may have been referencing other beliefs/religions as diversions, oppositions hence not considered the true way. However there are many offshoots of Christianity that leaves one wondering if all these various pathways (denominations in Christianity) ultimately leads to the same one “way” or do some also happen to be diversions/oppositions?
Or do all these vehicles (denominations) transport Christian “believers” to the same destination but at a varying pace?

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. Romans 10:13 KJV

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. Galatians 3: 28 KJV

How can a proposed “one way” beget so many denominations or are some just deviations from Christianity?
I understand that the church had undergone a period of reformation however not all these denominations even adhere to the same bible - some have bibles tailored to their own denomination’s ideology.
Thus are some denominations more genuine than others?

Not everyone that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 7:21

What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached. Philippians 1:18a KJV
Re: Why Are There Many Different Denominations In The Christian Faith? by alienvirus: 6:00pm On Nov 19, 2011
Because they all want to make money. No offense
Re: Why Are There Many Different Denominations In The Christian Faith? by thehomer: 9:14pm On Nov 19, 2011
Maybe it is because God moves in mysterious ways.
Re: Why Are There Many Different Denominations In The Christian Faith? by kelz88(f): 9:22pm On Nov 19, 2011
It's all about the money.

These pastors don't care if you make it to heaven or not. All they care about is making sure they remind you of those verses in the bible where "tithes" are mentioned. They are nothing but thieves.
Re: Why Are There Many Different Denominations In The Christian Faith? by Joagbaje(m): 10:58pm On Nov 19, 2011
^^^
church is not about money , it's about transforming lives. The different denominations are based on different revelations of ministers. One have passion towards holiness, another passionated to get demons out of people's life, another one passionate to make the poor rich, another one passionate to make soul winners out of every christian , another has passion for prayers and intercession. While some others try to stay in the balance teaching the whole counsel of God as much as possible. Brethren naturally follow the ministers cool
Re: Why Are There Many Different Denominations In The Christian Faith? by dare2think: 11:33pm On Nov 19, 2011
Joagbaje:

^^^
church is not about money , it's about transforming lives. The different denominations are based on different revelations of ministers. One have passion towards holiness, another passionated to get demons out of people's life, another one passionate to make the poor rich, another one passionate to make soul winners out of every christian , another has passion for prayers and intercession. While some others try to stay in the balance teaching the whole counsel of God as much as possible. Brethren naturally follow the ministers cool

Its about transforming the pastors' lives.
Re: Why Are There Many Different Denominations In The Christian Faith? by lepasharon(f): 5:16am On Nov 20, 2011
Because the christian faith is false,nd is camouflaged paganism
Re: Why Are There Many Different Denominations In The Christian Faith? by chrisj2000(m): 10:16am On Nov 20, 2011
let them have their way
Re: Why Are There Many Different Denominations In The Christian Faith? by Joagbaje(m): 4:16am On Nov 21, 2011
chrisj2000:

An evidence that church is all about money. Let the government ban tithe and offering in the church today and Christianity will take its place in the archives of history.

Are you a christisn? Don't talk childish. Are you an antichrist? . Giving and sacrifice are part of worship of Go. government dont have a say in the worship of God.It's only anti christ government that is predicted to do that.
Re: Why Are There Many Different Denominations In The Christian Faith? by chrisj2000(m): 5:51am On Nov 21, 2011
thats nature of things
Re: Why Are There Many Different Denominations In The Christian Faith? by Joagbaje(m): 6:59am On Nov 21, 2011
chrisj2000:

. Tell me what proof you have about christ not to talk of anti christ.

What's proof I have about christ? Are you kidding ?

Romans 1:20
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Even nature agrees . Check your calendar . What's today's date? what year are we? 2011 abi? What the meaning ? Thatsbmy second proof of christ for you .

Look at how ostentatious you are, who cares whether you post from your ipad or not?

Did I mention an iPad in my post? .
Re: Why Are There Many Different Denominations In The Christian Faith? by chrisj2000(m): 7:44am On Nov 21, 2011
divide and spread
Re: Why Are There Many Different Denominations In The Christian Faith? by Joagbaje(m): 8:47am On Nov 21, 2011
Youre liar! Can you quote any of such posts?

(1) (Reply)

Church Bombings Vs Mosque Bombings...which Has The Higher Rate Of Casaulities / An Atheist Needs To Be Rich (learning From Private Jet Pastors' Swag) / It's A NEW Islamic Year!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.