Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,458 members, 7,819,669 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

How Yahaya Bello Allegedly Paid His Children's School Fees Of $845,000 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Yahaya Bello Allegedly Paid His Children's School Fees Of $845,000 (24337 Views)

"Yahaya Bello Paid His Child's School Fees With $720k From Government Account" / How Yahaya’s Appointment Questions Buhari’s Commitment To Federal Character / Trouble In Kogi State As The First Lady, Rashida Bello, Allegedly Moves Out Of G (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Yahaya Bello Allegedly Paid His Children's School Fees Of $845,000 by SleekyP(m): 10:12am On Apr 26
onatisi:
yahya Bello is a thief and likewise, all the other govs that served during the last dispensation, what Yahaya Bello stole may even be a child's play to what others stole and yet they are not been hounded. someone misappropriated over 30 billion in less than one year in office as a minister and yet she is still walking about freely, likewise many other politicians like that.
so the question is why is Yahaya Bello been hunted? anyone who believes Yahoo Bello is hiding is a novice in Naija politics, Yahya Bello is not hiding, efcc, police, DSS and all his associates know where he is staying and sleeping.

ALL THIS YAHYA BELLO EPISODE IS ALL POLITICAL IT HAS NOTHING AT ALL TO DO WITH ANY ANTI-CORRUPTION ISSUE.

how come the Yahya Bello issue is happening at the same time Ganduje is been suspended as APC chairman and having a running battle with some key APC members? it is a known fact that Yahay Belo wanted and still wants to be APC chairman. the political elites in APC are having their battle, all these issues is only meant to keep Yahaya bello busy and in check.
as per efcc, lolz believe them at your own peril. at the end of the day, it may turn out to be unfounded allegations and a media trial. no be today,efcc dey do am. i won't be surprised if they come out tomorrow and say that the figure is no longer 82 billion but just 10 billion and that Yahaya Bello has clarified everything.
all this episode is just politics, nothing more. once everything is set Yahya will resurface and continue attending functions all around.

ANYTIME YOU SEE EFCC RUNNING OR CHASING A POLITICIAN THAT BELONGS TO THE RULING PARTY OR EVEN ANY STRONG OPPOSITION, KNOW DEFINITELY IT IS A POLITICAL ISSUE,IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY ANTI CORRUPTION CAMPAIGN

well said....i have powerful uncles in the country....so you're right.

1 Like

Re: How Yahaya Bello Allegedly Paid His Children's School Fees Of $845,000 by Kukutenla: 10:18am On Apr 26
RichDad1:
The same people that supported Bello against Faleke just because they wanted to spit Tinubu are now crying 😂😂
That's a lie
APC has always supported Yahaya Bello especially for 2nd term
Or are you saying it's the opposition that voted him in for 2nd term
Re: How Yahaya Bello Allegedly Paid His Children's School Fees Of $845,000 by Adolfnigeria: 10:19am On Apr 26
is not not banned to make dollar payments for goods or services in nigeria. This is mad.
Re: How Yahaya Bello Allegedly Paid His Children's School Fees Of $845,000 by Blankstare(m): 10:21am On Apr 26
gidgiddy:
Not a fan of Bello but I'm still wondering what kind of School accepts nearly a million Dollars in School fees? Is the School located on the moon?

People like you are the problem of this country! School fee for four pupils in 'advance ' . American school oo
Re: How Yahaya Bello Allegedly Paid His Children's School Fees Of $845,000 by WoroSeeWoro(m): 10:35am On Apr 26
YAHAYA BELLO SO AS OTHER NIGERIAN POLITICIANS SHOULD BE IN JAIL BY NOW IF NIGERIA IS A WORKING COUNTRY
Re: How Yahaya Bello Allegedly Paid His Children's School Fees Of $845,000 by bayplus: 10:37am On Apr 26
ayoolataiwo:
The school need to be ask questions,,how can someone who is a public servant paid such a huge amount of money and the management is aware of the kind of corrupted politicians around.The MF can't escape this.Using the state funds to secure the future of his children,,,ko le work

The School ought to alert the Authorities too in a sane environment.

In the United States of America, will Mr Huge accept such money and expect not to go to jail for conspiracy to defraud the Kogi State?

How do you accept to be iver-paid by such humongous amount coming from the Kogi state covers?

They even agreed to refund into a foreign account to be provided by Bello Family, not to send the money back to the same account that the payment came from.

We have always say it that the western world are the greatest scammers, they collaborate with our unfortunate and greedy politicians to help them siphon Africa's resources. And turn back to label us as fantastically corrupt, UK, US, Dubai, name it, political looters are investing their loots in all these countries and their authorities know about it and keep quiet, as long as the loots help their economy.

Hugh and American University will be happy to move the Yahya Bello loot to their US account for the benefit of the American economy while Kogi people are largely living in serious squalor.

I believe EFCC needs to do a search lights on many of these so called international schools, many politicians may be doing similar thing across.

And we are wondering why the dollar is always gaining and naira is crashing

1 Like

Re: How Yahaya Bello Allegedly Paid His Children's School Fees Of $845,000 by praz001(m): 10:38am On Apr 26
With the evidence here, I just pray our court do the needful...

1000 years imprisonment or death by hanging...
The court needs to start making one two three persons as scape goat...

Godwin Obaseki loading.....
Re: How Yahaya Bello Allegedly Paid His Children's School Fees Of $845,000 by Danabu(m): 10:45am On Apr 26
TotoIsGud4boy:
What do you expect? Kogi people are naturally daft

na your great grand father daft and daftness is factory fit for all your family. Na DNA thing. You Irredeemable fool!
Re: How Yahaya Bello Allegedly Paid His Children's School Fees Of $845,000 by ufotunang: 11:03am On Apr 26
Paying dollars in millions to a school that is situated in Nigeria...and you expect the naira to be appreciating against the dollars and the naira to have value...our leaders and politcians are the ones destroying this economy and country
Re: How Yahaya Bello Allegedly Paid His Children's School Fees Of $845,000 by ejieddy: 11:03am On Apr 26
I served in Kogi State, and to see that the politicians can be this heartless despite the sorry state of the state is appalling. Travelling every month from Egume, Dekina to Lokoja for NCCF meetings made me see first hand the terrible state of the infrastructure in the state but the potentials are just too enormous. That was in 2011. I actually hoped that things would have gotten better but this is just borderline wicked.
Re: How Yahaya Bello Allegedly Paid His Children's School Fees Of $845,000 by ufotunang: 11:08am On Apr 26
Why should the federal government and EFCC allow the school situated in Nigeria be making dollars to be the currency for payment for school fees and other fees... these are the people that makes the naira to be depreciating against the dollars and EFCC will be pursuing and attacking bureau de change operators and Binance for the cause of the naira depreciating
Re: How Yahaya Bello Allegedly Paid His Children's School Fees Of $845,000 by charlsecy(m): 11:17am On Apr 26
gidgiddy:
Not a fan of Bello but I'm still wondering what kind of School accepts nearly a million Dollars in School fees? Is the School located on the moon?
Did you read the article?
Re: How Yahaya Bello Allegedly Paid His Children's School Fees Of $845,000 by Obierika(m): 11:23am On Apr 26
The guy is a bloody crook!
Re: How Yahaya Bello Allegedly Paid His Children's School Fees Of $845,000 by kay29000(m): 11:37am On Apr 26
emkz:

They are in courts. You can see that there is the stamp of FCT High Court.

That makes them public documents.

The school also agreed to refund $760k. It was tendered.

The school tried o...I thought they would say they have spent the money. But this Yayaha Bello is heartless o...Almost a million dollars of public funds spent on paying his students school fees.
Re: How Yahaya Bello Allegedly Paid His Children's School Fees Of $845,000 by kay29000(m): 11:40am On Apr 26
Gadafii:
Kogi state is one of the poorest and backward states in Nigeria due to reckless and visionless leaders like Bello

With how strategically placed kogi is, they should be taking in funds in billions monthly and such used to advance the state in all front, but the state looks like it's from medieval setting

The two major roads there, the okene-abuja road, the abagana road which connected basicaly the south west/east to north is in bad shape, you dont wanna know how many trucks ply that road on a daily, moving items from south to north or vice versa

It's well with kogi people oo

I remember when my dad went to the state for a burial like 10 years ago, he said there was no modern toilet in the whole community he was in...all of them still shit inside bush.
Re: How Yahaya Bello Allegedly Paid His Children's School Fees Of $845,000 by GUNITGuy: 11:51am On Apr 26
onatisi:
anyone that watched the efcc chairman press briefing will know that all this episode na game , even the efcc chairman seems to be a very good nollywood actor who knows how to whip up sentiments

facts from what the EFCC chairman said

the agency invited Bello on numerous occasions and he failed to show up
the chairman said he put a personal call to Bello asking him to come, this is wrong, why call a suspect on your phone, even the efcc chairman admitted in the video he wasn't supposed to do that. number 1 red flag

second red flag, he said Belo said a lady had set journalists all around each building to camera him, so the efcc chairman told him to come through his gate and his own door. this is giving special privileges to a person suspected to have misappropriated 82biiolin, such a thing will never happen in the western nations, you will face the cameras and the whole world will see you entering the efcc office

third red flag , he said he wanted to accord him respect and honor, how can you accord honor to someone you accuse of stealing 80 billion naira !!!! and yet you want to treat him like a king, no wonder he allegedly told the EFCC chairman to come to his village and question him there

The EFCC mounted surveillance on the Bello residence, they surrounded his house and got a court order to arrest Bello, now here is where the whole plot gets interesting. when they were about to enter the place, kogi gov came in with his vehicle, in the first instance m they shouldn't have allowed anyone to go into that residence until they had effected the arrest, normal procedure but the EFCC allowed them. when eventually they entered they met over 30 policemen with Cso who is also a police officer, 10 counter-terrorism unit protecting him, the efcc went in with over 50 fully armed operatives. efcc said he didn't want to cause any wahala because if not they would have fire , exchange fire and there would have been casualties.

the question here is , the CSO and the police officers and ctu that guarded bello are all working for the Nigerian state , why didn't the efcc chairman at that point put a call through to the inspector general of police and report the matter to him at that very point ? so which means any governor can command the police to go against their bosses and rules? all this game na drama abeg

you make a good point and i commend your sense of intelligence....the state is a semi pariah one when you can use your connections money to get away with many things ....Can a yahoo boy get away with a fraud of 10,000usd if the efcc raided his apartment and he is staying there......The efcc chairman is doing a great job ....He went after high profile cases and thats why prosecuting such cases are a littl;e challenging .....They have forwarded strong evidences against Yahaya bello but would this not be another legal tussle that would continue to linger without justice being served? More drama to come as the days unfolds

1 Like

Re: How Yahaya Bello Allegedly Paid His Children's School Fees Of $845,000 by RaptorX: 11:52am On Apr 26
Until Nigeria start treating extremely corrupt leaders like this, nothing will change.

Re: How Yahaya Bello Allegedly Paid His Children's School Fees Of $845,000 by coolgb(m): 11:54am On Apr 26
kay29000:

I remember when my dad went to the state for a burial like 10 years ago, he said there was no modern toilet in the whole community he was in...all of them still shit inside bush.

If you have been to kogi before, you will shake your head, considering the enormous natural resources.

2 Likes

Re: How Yahaya Bello Allegedly Paid His Children's School Fees Of $845,000 by GUNITGuy: 11:55am On Apr 26
Stayingalive:

After all the nice write up from the start, it ended like what a retard would write

You’re indeed very stupid for this statement. E no go better for you. So what is your point on contention? Advising him or advocating for his rogue family?

Both him and his family should be thrown into jail if possible, you’re here campaigning for the family that don’t know your existence.

Do you know how many countless live has been lost by poor men in comparison to rich men children? Do you know how valueless the life of a common man is in the eyes of the kleptomaniac? Please and please just dey use your sense talk
i didnt even read the last part .....He was making sense from the beginining only to goof at the end
Re: How Yahaya Bello Allegedly Paid His Children's School Fees Of $845,000 by Stayingalive: 11:59am On Apr 26
GUNITGuy:

i didnt even read the last part .....He was making sense from the beginining only to goof at the end
It just shows eloquent speech and nice write up does not guarantee decency even if sometimes it looks like it

1 Like

Re: How Yahaya Bello Allegedly Paid His Children's School Fees Of $845,000 by Metrofox(m): 12:04pm On Apr 26
grin we need to do find out the average IQ of people from that state. Very important research
Re: How Yahaya Bello Allegedly Paid His Children's School Fees Of $845,000 by Salewa97: 12:20pm On Apr 26
Now I see why naira always depreciate after paying FAAC.

All these politicians don kolomental.
Re: How Yahaya Bello Allegedly Paid His Children's School Fees Of $845,000 by Sleekfingers: 12:33pm On Apr 26
Why posting on social media? They should go out and arrest that yeye bello......

Yeye bello is hiding under his wife's skirt. . thoroughly search under her skirt .
Re: How Yahaya Bello Allegedly Paid His Children's School Fees Of $845,000 by Quebec91(m): 12:37pm On Apr 26
I tell you
GanagiBitrus:
Nigeria will be paradise on earth if there is a National Lion's Den where criminals & corrupt officials are fed alive to hungry Lions. smiley
Re: How Yahaya Bello Allegedly Paid His Children's School Fees Of $845,000 by Dreamhighnow(m): 1:23pm On Apr 26
tnerro1:

You are right, but a parent paying school fees ahead up to 2034 should definitely raise a red flag especially a government official. It will be hard to tell a court that it’s the normal procedure.

Not just a government official. But a governor. You expect a school to question governor. See as the governor dey do a whole efcc anyhow. But u expect a school to question such
Re: How Yahaya Bello Allegedly Paid His Children's School Fees Of $845,000 by mankan2k7(m): 1:24pm On Apr 26
Yaya Bello ya werey gan o
Re: How Yahaya Bello Allegedly Paid His Children's School Fees Of $845,000 by Chummynoni(m): 1:55pm On Apr 26
Kogi people are the most useless people on earth. How did someone like bahawo bello win second term? They deserve all the hardship facing the state. And that stup!d thief that bello handed over to, will continue from where bello stopped. Kogi state is not different from somalia.
Re: How Yahaya Bello Allegedly Paid His Children's School Fees Of $845,000 by Agadinaagwuofe: 2:24pm On Apr 26
onatisi:

[b]I don't think they even planned their excuse well ,because coming out to say yahya Bello is hidding is the greatest insult on any sensible nigerian intelligence. How can a public figure like Yahya Bello be missing in Nigeria with all the police ,dss,sss,military intelligence and all other security organs in the nation . [/b]So if a public well known face like Bello can hide successfully in Nigeria that means noone is safe . How much more someone who is not known? And the efcc chairman is even proud of it as an achievement? Na wa oooo
They are Kuku reading all our post on social media and nairaland here in particular,I won't be surprised if they suddenly say they have found him ,bla blah .

I am sure his location and whereabouts is known my guess is he went into hiding because he knew the arrest has political undertone so he doesn't want to be humiliated, once he negotiates his soft landing he will come out of hiding and went to EFCC office. Asking Nigerians to look for him was a joke and mockery to our sensibility because they knew who took him away and the easiest thing is to go and ask who took him away but like I said it's all a political game to them.

1 Like

Re: How Yahaya Bello Allegedly Paid His Children's School Fees Of $845,000 by onatisi(m): 3:21pm On Apr 26
Agadinaagwuofe:

I am sure his location and whereabouts is known my guess is he went into hiding because he knew the arrest has political undertone so he doesn't want to be humiliated, once he negotiates his soft landing he will come out of hiding and went to EFCC office. Asking Nigerians to look for him was a joke and mockery to our sensibility because they knew who took him away and the easiest thing is to go and ask who took him away but like I said it's all a political game to them.
Too exact on point. You have said it all in clearer picture

1 Like

Re: How Yahaya Bello Allegedly Paid His Children's School Fees Of $845,000 by Exceed15: 3:34pm On Apr 26
Imagine??
Re: How Yahaya Bello Allegedly Paid His Children's School Fees Of $845,000 by tiger28: 3:44pm On Apr 26
blackmantis:
EFCC should tender all these evidence to the right court....not the court of social media and public opinion.

BECAUSE Social media and Public Opinions have been castigating EFCC that they were lying when this news was disclosed last week.
Re: How Yahaya Bello Allegedly Paid His Children's School Fees Of $845,000 by Freebills12: 5:57pm On Apr 26
[color=#000099][/color]
blackmantis:
EFCC should tender all these evidence to the right court....not the court of social media and public opinion.

The school has agreed to pay 900 million to EFCC. The problem is where will you see Yaya Bello?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Favouring Yorubas, Done Nothing For The North – Junaid Muhammed / After Seeing This You Will Never Trust Anybody / FG Gives States Autonomy To Produce Power

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.