Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,605 members, 7,823,632 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? (15008 Views)

Throwback: Court Orders Uniform Cut Off Mark For Unity Schools. / List Of JAMB Cut-Off Marks For All Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges / JAMB Fixes Cut Off Marks For Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by Jokerman(m): 2:10pm On Apr 27
Jokerman:
2023 BEST 12 UTME CANDIDATES

COURSE OF STUDY
360 Umeh Nkechinyere: CHEMICAL ENGINEERING

358 Aguele Osezuha: COMPUTER ENGINEERING

358 Ositade Anthony: COMPUTER ENGINEERING

357 Gbolahan Ayinde: COMPUTER ENGINEERING

356 John Ibhanfiodon: COMPUTER ENGINEERING

355 Duruji Ugonna: COMPUTER ENGINEERING

355 Adesanya Oluwajomiloju: COMPUTER SCIENCE

355 Shittu Adedunni: COMPUTER ENGINEERING

355 Afenisumen Oluwagbemisoke: CHEMICAL ENGINEERING

355 Adetunji Adewale: ELECT/ELECT ENGINEERING

355 Ofonime Idongesit: MECHANICAL ENGINEERING

355 Imoukhuede Onayeme: ELECT/ELECT ENGINEERING

#Statisense

As usual,no Northerner... But you see them holding top positions in federal offices

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by nedu666: 2:13pm On Apr 27
In yobe boy needs 2 points, while a girl needs 27 points

In Taraba boy needs 3 points, girl needs 11.

In sokoto boy needs 9 points, girl needs 13

In kebbi boy needs 9 points, girl needs 20 points

Are the boys not supposed to need more points than the girls.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by StOla: 2:15pm On Apr 27
Brendaniel:

So Zamfara should keep scoring 2 to gain admission ?

Zamfara should keep retaining their admissions quota in the unity school system. No unity school can promote a student that did not pass.

Or is there a quota for promotion from one class to another in the unity school system? Only admissions have quota, not promotion/progression within the system.

The low score is a function of educational backwardness that the state governments do not care to address enough.

What about their state public schools? Have you considered how terribly low the entry requirements and even promotion would be?

Even with all of these, those educationally poor states do not fulfill all their guaranteed slots in the unity school system, which then fall back to other students from other states.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by mightyhazel: 2:20pm On Apr 27
Because isi na isi ra.,ma madu ka ibie

1 Like

Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by Brendaniel: 2:25pm On Apr 27
StOla:

Zamfara should keep retaining their admissions quota in the unity school system. No unity school can promote a student that did not pass.

Or is there a quota for promotion from one class to another in the unity school system? Only admissions have quota, not promotion/progression within the system.

The low score is a function of educational backwardness that the state governments do not care to address enough.

What about their state public schools? Have you considered how terribly low the entry requirements and even promotion would be?

Even with all of these, those educationally poor states do not fulfill all their guaranteed slots in the unity school system, which then fall back to other students from other states.

And your solution is to encourage them to keep scoring 2 to gain admission ?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by StOla: 2:28pm On Apr 27
Brendaniel:

And your solution is to do what exactly besides complaining about their quota in a unity school system that is based on diversity and not up to 5% of secondary schools in Nigeria?

3 Likes

Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by Richtaiwo: 2:36pm On Apr 27
Hankim:

Who expect an animalll to make sensible comment, shift with your empty skull grin grin
According to ipob piiigs, membership of biafra is no longer sensible. What do I expect from unintelligent ipob pigys.
Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by mightyhazel: 2:38pm On Apr 27
Brendaniel:

You will need to see a shrink after engaging these people. Their logic is right upside down .. Even the affected people are really not happy nor comfortable about these things,but u see these their cousins? Them go defend infinitely undefendables

That's how they defended bughari all thru the 8yrs..even when northerners were not even comfortable with the man's litany of goofs,but these people defended every single one of it

But today before u say Bulaba..they will tell u bughari caused everything from war in Ukraine to earthquake in Taiwan

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by Brendaniel: 2:39pm On Apr 27
StOla:

And your solution is to do what exactly besides complaining about their quota in a unity school system that is based on diversity and not up to 5% of secondary schools in Nigeria?

Put a uniform cut off for everybody, that way it becomes a competition for all states, imagine the shame a state will have that in the whole state they did not have any student who gained admission....

That will make the governors work on improving educational standard in their states...

Are you trying to say that unity schools don't deserve brilliant students from the north or the north is incapable of producing brilliant students like the south east?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by SpatialKing(m): 2:46pm On Apr 27
Is called Northern Privilege

3 Likes

Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by Splashme: 2:46pm On Apr 27
Peter Obi na your mate?
See Anambra na

11 Likes

Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by Brendaniel: 2:50pm On Apr 27
mightyhazel:
You will need to see a shrink after engaging these people. Their logic is right upside down .. Even the affected people are really not happy nor comfortable about these things,but u see these their cousins? Them go defend infinitely undefendables

That's how they defended bughari all thru the 8yrs..even when northerners were not even comfortable with the man's litany of goofs,but these people defended every single one of it

But today before u say Bulaba..they will tell u bughari caused everything from war in Ukraine to earthquake in Taiwan

To me they are the real enemies of Nigeria..

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by mightyhazel: 2:59pm On Apr 27
Brendaniel:

Not far from the truth..

Any so called friend of mine who defends all my goofs is not my friend.. and that person becomes suspect. There must be something sinister he wants from me or to happen to me.. Cunny no be love..Simple

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by Elusive001: 2:59pm On Apr 27
Jokerman:
The cut of marks for pupils seeking to get admission into Federal secondary schools recently released shows a disparity in cut off marks.

Why will someone from Anambra need to score as high as 139, and someone in Yobe need to score 2?

Or why will someone in Lagos need to score 133 and another from Kebbi need to score 9 to gain admission??

Why not rephrase your question? You question ought to be:
Why can't Nigeria be any better?

1 Like

Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by Elusive001: 3:02pm On Apr 27
Brendaniel:

Of course they are. They hate the country with every thing in them. They abhor this country. Remember that characters they supported. Buhari, Tinubu, Rochas, Uzodinma, Yahaya Bello, etc.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by Elusive001: 3:05pm On Apr 27
Jokerman:
Funny enough, the person that scored 4 will be considered for Federal political appointment and Quota System over someone from Ogun that scored 131.

,,,🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

That's why when I say that this country will not be any better, some peeps think that I am a pessimist. Tell me how a country with this kind of system will make an iota of progress.

9 Likes

Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by StOla: 3:09pm On Apr 27
Brendaniel:

Put a uniform cut off for everybody, that way it becomes a competition for all states, imagine the shame a state will have that in the whole state they did not have any student who gained admission....

That will make the governors work on improving educational standard in their states...

Are you trying to say that unity schools don't deserve brilliant students from the north or the north is incapable of producing brilliant students like the south east?

It is your own misunderstanding to think that a low cut off automatically means no singular student from those states made decent scores in the common entrance exam. It only means not enough students scored high to fulfill the state quota, so the bar is dropped low and then lower to capture more students who can take up the state quota.

In no way has this method of dropping the bar in Zamfara prevented a boy from Anambra or a girl from Ogun to take up the slots that was already allocated to their respective states. No one has cheated Emeka or Folake.

Emeka is competing with Chinyere, Folake is competing with Segun, Umaru is competing with Aisha. Their respective states already have guaranteed quota in the unity school admissions.

That you will suggest putting a uniform cut off mark, already betrays your ignorance and refusal to learn about the purpose of unity schools.

You think these people even care so much about these things?

It is we Southerners that carry this unity school cut off on our heads, as if our states do not already have many state owned public schools and private schools that students already attend.

Those Northern states also have many public primary and secondary schools owned by the state, so whatever the academic problems that continue to haunt those states, has nothing to do with their continued low cutoff mark into Unity Schools.

Their low cut off mark only help to inform that their level of education in that part of the country is abysmal. The cut off is a symptom not a cause.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by Elusive001: 3:11pm On Apr 27
immortalcrown:
Because one Nigeria is a big scam.

The different cutoff marks are evidence of marginalisation of some regions. But hypocrites deny it.

However, the favoured region has the highest rate of illiteracy.

Reno who claims that Anambra is the capital of exam malpractice should explain why Anambra has the highest cutoff mark on this list. The list clearly shows that Anambra has always been intellectually more capable than other states.

Do not forget that the north has ruled the country longest. Now ask yourself what have been the benefit of these years to the average northerner.

Anyway, " Igboman will never rule this country". I laugh them. Who is losing? The Igboman? The South-south man? They fought the SS man that managed to rule for once.
We know from the table above.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by stevnwigw1: 3:14pm On Apr 27
nedu666:
In yobe boy needs 2 points, while a girl needs 27 points

In Taraba boy needs 3 points, girl needs 11.

In sokoto boy needs 9 points, girl needs 13

In kebbi boy needs 9 points, girl needs 20 points

Are the boys not supposed to need more points than the girls.

Has any male politician from the above states ruled Nigeria?
Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by stevnwigw1: 3:15pm On Apr 27
I want to check something
Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by Brendaniel: 3:20pm On Apr 27
StOla:

It is your own misunderstanding to think that a low cut off automatically means no singular student from those states made decent scores in the common entrance exam. It only means not enough students scored high to fulfill the state quota, so the bar is dropped low and then lower to capture more students who can take up the state quota.

In no way has this method of dropping the bar in Zamfara prevented a boy from Anambra or a girl from Ogun to take up the slots that was already allocated to their respective states. No one has cheated Emeka or Folake.

Emeka is competing with Chinyere, Folake is competing with Segun, Umaru is competing with Aisha. Their respective states already have guaranteed quota in the unity school admissions.

That you will suggest putting a uniform cut off mark, already betrays your ignorance and refusal to learn about the purpose of unity schools.

You think these people even care so much about these things?

It is we Southerners that carry this unity school cut off on our heads, as if our states do not already have many state owned public schools and private schools that students already attend.

Those Northern states also have many public primary and secondary schools owned by the state, so whatever the academic problems that continue to haunt those states, has nothing to do with their continued cutoff mark into Unity Schools.

Their low cut off mark only help to inform that their level of education in that part of the country is abysmal. The cut off is a symptom not a cause.

No one talked about cheating Emeka or Chinyere, we are talking about improving the standard of education in the north, you admitted here that the standard is very low.

So your solution to to such problem is to keep admitting them with 2 as cut off mark?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by famouscargo4u: 3:22pm On Apr 27
Jokerman:
The cut of marks for pupils seeking to get admission into Federal secondary schools recently released shows a disparity in cut off marks.

Why will someone from Anambra need to score as high as 139, and someone in Yobe need to score 2?

Or why will someone in Lagos need to score 133 and another from Kebbi need to score 9 to gain admission??

That's where corruption begins from. Still, all these students if quota system will still get same ELDS treatment for placement into university and go in to get jobs in very juicy FG parastatal while the brilliant ones are left behind.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by StOla: 3:33pm On Apr 27
Brendaniel:

No one talked about cheating Emeka or Chinyere, we are talking about improving the standard of education in the north, you admitted here that the standard is very low.

So your solution to to such problem is to keep admitting them with 2 as cut off mark?

You keep harping on admission into unity schools as if the northerners don't have other secondary schools they attend in their respective states.

Will locking them out of the admissions quota that their states have in the unity schools, just as every other state in the country have their quota, bring about an education revolution in those Northern States? Will it stop them from going to the other public schools they have all over the North?

I dare say their admission into the unity schools help them improve as they now compete for progression/promotion to the next class with a better pool of students than they were previously exposed to, or could have been exposed to in their own state public schools.

The standards to attain promotion in a unity school located in Zamfara or Lagos is certainly going to be better than the promotion standard in a state public school in Zamfara.

To improve the standard of education in the North is to improve the quality of education resources and teachers at the primary level to the secondary level.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by Brendaniel: 3:44pm On Apr 27
StOla:

You keep harping on admission into unity schools as if the northerners don't have other secondary schools they attend in their respective states.

Will locking them out of the admissions quota that their states have in the unity schools, just as every other state in the country have their quota, bring about an education revolution in those Northern States? Will it stop them from going to the other public schools they have all over the North?

I dare say their admission into the unity schools help them improve as they now compete for progression/promotion to the next class with a better pool of students than they were previously exposed to, or could have been exposed to in their own state public schools.

The standards to attain promotion in a unity school located in Zamfara or Lagos is certainly going to be better than the promotion standard in a state public school in Zamfara.

And has the quota system over the years improved the standard of education in the north, since the establishment of unity schools why is a northern state still using 2 to gain admission?

If it was really working to improve the standard of education in those states they will not be still using 2 as at now as cut off mark.

That is why the quota requirement needs to be modified, if your state cannot meet the number of students allocated to you as a state because participation or scores, then it is your lose as a state, that means you need to improve on education and enrollment, then the states that top above the minimum uniform cut off will be given your slots to fill up the numbers....

If they were doing this since do you think these northern states may have not buckled up?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by JuanDeDios: 3:50pm On Apr 27
StOla:
Straight answer is quota.

Every state has a quota, so whatever it takes to fill that quota versus the scores of the students from that state, is what you see as cut off mark.

No state has cheated another state. All have only fulfilled their respective quotas to benefit from the subsidised education that the federal government is providing to aid their unity objective of those Unity Schools.

It is not by force to attend a unity school which does not even constitute 5% of all the secondary schools in Nigeria.

Unity School system is a post civil war programme of the federal government to engender harmony and unity in Nigerian children.

I did not attend a unity secondary school and I made it in life.

That I did not enjoy the subsidised secondary education provided by Unity Schools, does not mean I did not enjoy the heavily subsidised public tertiary education that Nigeria provided that landed me a job in a multinational firm.

For that, I am grateful and free of student loans my foreign counterparts are paying.
@op, if it's an honest question you asked, this post is your answer.

If you see how I've sweated to explain this simple concept to educated Nigerians - to no avail, ehn? Now, when people whine about Unity Schools and "how can Anambra be... while Kebbi is..." (a whining they do every year), I just ignore them.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by DMerciful(m): 3:51pm On Apr 27
You work in a multinational and you vigorously defend incompetence? I guess tribalism affects even the seemingly expose persons.

What a shame!
StOla:

Every state has a quota, so whatever it takes to fill that quota versus the scores of the students from that state, is what you see as cut off mark.

No state has cheated another state. All have only fulfilled their respective quotas to benefit from the subsidised education that the federal government is providing to aid their unity objective of those Unity Schools.

It is not by force to attend a unity school which does not even constitute 5% of all the secondary schools in Nigeria.

Unity School system is a post civil war programme of the federal government to engender harmony and unity in Nigerian children.

That I did not enjoy the subsidised secondary education provided by Unity Schools, does not mean I did not enjoy the heavily subsidised public tertiary education that Nigeria provided that landed me a job in a multinational firm.

For that, I am grateful and free of student loans my foreign counterparts are paying.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by Angelfrost(m): 3:52pm On Apr 27
Lol... I like it when you guys ask questions you already know the obvious answers to. grin

Most Northern states are termed or described as Educationally disadvantaged, hence necessary to drastically reduce their cut off marks, to hand them a good quota.

Ever wondered where the insult called "Quota system" came from?!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by pocohantas(f): 3:52pm On Apr 27
Is this really cutoff mark or number of students to be admitted? I don't want to believe the 4, 2 and 9 I am seeing there.

6 Likes

Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by NahuiCyka: 3:52pm On Apr 27
Really!!! Little wonder your brain is filled with cow dung. What has quota got to do with entrance cut off marks Foools every where.

StOla:

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by Roger3D(m): 3:53pm On Apr 27
Jokerman:

Because it's unity school and students from educationally disadvantaged states should be afforded a place too. If you’re Anambra people don't like it they can as well build more stae school. Something Peter Obi was reluctant to do
Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by Everlastingson: 3:54pm On Apr 27
Richtaiwo:

But some people who claim they are not Nigerians will rather prefer all the slots be allocated to them to the detriment of educationally disadvantaged Nigerian states. Nigeria really dodged a big missile.

You keep fighting hard to stifle your conscience which is evidently opposed to your foolish worldview. You dodged a missile but hunger is killing you. Yoruba Muslims are terribly anachronistic.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by Arabaincubus: 3:55pm On Apr 27
This is the reason why Nigeria will never be a prosperous country.

The country needs to be taken back to their regional nature, and let competition be amongst the regions.

It is obvious that the SE will beat every other region in a fair competition. They are and will be the most disadvantaged, as their energy seems to be bursting at the seams.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

UTME 2017: JAMB Twitter Live Chat - Answers To Prospective Candidates Questions / JAMB UTME Access Code Installation Guidelines For CBT Centre Owners / Nigeria To Create Six ‘mega Universities’

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.