Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,842 members, 7,828,066 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa (27165 Views)

Celestial Church Members Claim Late Rev Samuel Oshoffa 'Visited' During Service / Does The Bible Really Condemn Marrying More Than One Wife? / Oshoffa In The Sky: Celestial Church Members Claim To See Their Founder (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by oluwaseyi0: 3:30pm On Apr 28
princefunm:

That is because those who read it are largely ignorant.

They are also self-serving. Otherwise they would always consider everything in the Bible in its appropriate context

Lol, it's the always the fault of the readers and not the shitty authors who pack plenty ambiguities in one book

Imagine a country constitution containing this much of a contradictory ambiguity, the country will definitely be swimming in chaos
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by akan102: 3:30pm On Apr 28
thesicilian:

We didn't attend the same school, I have my own school that I attended, and you have yours.
So if I say I have my own school I attended, does that mean I was the only one in the school?

If I tell my friends I can stay here, I'm going back to my own house, does that mean I'm the only one who lives in the house? Come to think of it, "my own house" doesn't even mean I own the house, it just implies that I have a legal right to use the house. So 40 people can call a house their own house as long as they're legal occupants of the house.

That's the lexical ambiguity I'm talking about.

Jesus never condemned polygamy, most of those in the bible who seemed to condemn it were the overzealous converts who were not even with jesus and tended to apply their personal beliefs in most of their teachings.

Some of the greatest icons in the Bible were polygamists, such as Abraham, Solomon, David etc

And they're all already in heaven while you are here talking about unimportant things like polygamy instead of focusing on the actual teachings of christ like repentance, forgiveness, love etc
Thank you very much, God bless you and oil your grace the more
I wanted to add but your explanation here says it all.

1 Like

Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Encyclopedia1: 3:32pm On Apr 28
🤣🤣🤣🤣 they don’t follow scriptures sir. Sebi Jesus didn’t even marry talk less of give birth, dem de marry de give birth sir. 🤣🤣
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by ojayone(m): 3:32pm On Apr 28
Corinthian is a letter from paul and not the word of God.

God1000:
His father married 13 wives with 53 children, so this is not surprising coming from him.

1 Corinthians 7 and states that polygamy is unlawful; and that one man is to have but one wife, and to keep to her; and that one woman is to have but one husband, and to keep to him and the wife only has a power over the husband's body, a right to it, and may claim the use of it: this power over
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by BnQoyyim(m): 3:32pm On Apr 28
Truth will forever be truth even if nobody wants to hear it, false would be false even if everyone subscribe to.
Naturally, not only man but also the remaining Male Animals are polygamous in nature.
A cock will actively tends to satisfy all the available hens within his domain and this case is hold in almost all the animals.

2 Likes

Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by BodyCount: 3:33pm On Apr 28
Entusky:
E get wan certain prophet wey marry a 5 year old pikin con knack her wen she dey 9 year old as if dat wan no do am hin con marry d wife of hin adopted son come tell hin followers say hin GOD revoked d adoption naim mek hin marry d woman
Which prophet be that frustrated OSU?
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by xeju: 3:34pm On Apr 28
Why permit something that's not your will? Your will is for your children to grow & prosper, would you as a human permit a killer to kill your children?
princefunm:
The Law that God gave the Israelites stipulated that Kings must have only one wife.

Even though God permitted polygamy, it was never his will. When he made a wife for Adam he made only one.

As a Christian though, the standard is one man one wife.

The Bible clearly stipulates this as a requirement for those who are overseers or leaders.

If the leader of a so-called Christian church is verifiably polygamous, then it simply means that he was unfit to lead.

Its very simple and clear.

It also makes him adulterous by bible standards.

1 Like

Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Kobojunkie: 3:34pm On Apr 28
oluwaseyi0:
The Bible is so volatile and contradictory that most people literally cherry pick whatever they want from it, it support everything you want
There is no truth to to the claims you make of the book. Rather the volatility and contradictions you pretend stem from the many unscriptural interpretations applied to the messages contained in your Bible by those of the religion of Christianity a religion which at this point in time boasts over 47,000 different interpretations of the one books, interpretations sectioned into denominations, sects within the religion. undecided

There is only one Bible and one Truth; the meaning of every text as stated by the author of the passage concerned. lipsrsealed

What Christianity offers you is a scam platform that basically enables scammers masquerading as sheep to spin their own lies using random verses taken out of context. The religion now offer over 47,000 lies/idols known as interpretations which can be worshipped of the God of Israel and His Son, Jesus Christ. But lies are far away from God and He hates the worship of Idols. undecided
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by HRMK: 3:35pm On Apr 28
mention the prophets and their wives!NEVER ADD TO OR REMOVE FROM THE BIBLE!!
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Jokerman(m): 3:38pm On Apr 28
Jesus Christ is the standard

1 Like

Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by BodyCount: 3:38pm On Apr 28
SlavaUkraini:

Entusky

It smells like that Pedophilic Prophet Mohammed...

What a Jackass
Enemyofpeace:
dat na prophet Mohammodu nau. Na small pikin pusssssssy dey always hungry dat one
And I thought it was Isaac who married Deborah at 3 years old shocked shocked shocked shocked

Or Joseph the old man of about 90 who married the mother of your god at 9 or 12.

Christianity stinks

You can't have common sense and be a Christian.
It's impossible.

You can not also not be a hypocrite and be a Christian.

Even in this your contradictory and stupid debate where different Christians are in confusion and have different opinions on a subject pertaining to your BARBARIC beliefs, you will still drag Islam into it.

Awọn Ho lori burukus

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by akan102: 3:39pm On Apr 28
oluwaseyi0:
The Bible is so volatile and contradictory that most people literally cherry pick whatever they want from it, it support everything you want
The bible is not contradictory, it is simply that majority of christians have listened, accepted and got themselves Indoctrinated with doctrines that are not consistent with the word of God, so when they are now shown the truth it looked strange to them.

2 Likes

Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Konquest: 3:42pm On Apr 28
oluwaseyi0:
Succinctly stated.

=>https://www.atheists.org/activism/resources/biblical-contradictions/

=>https://www.answering-christianity.com/101_bible_contradictions.htm
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by yewit37486: 3:43pm On Apr 28
cjudy:

Stop dodging question. Where in the Bible did Jesus asked you to Marry one wife and one husband? Drop fact and not what other prophet wrote in your bible. Those David, Abraham, Solomon that married many wives in your bible, did God condemned or punished them? You’re not to marry 2 wives but una get almost 5 to 6 girlfriends. Dey play. You lorn the hard way

Go and marry a thousand wives, it's your life and your choice.
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Bfly: 3:44pm On Apr 28
Every man for himself
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by MrPresident1: 3:45pm On Apr 28
Islam which is the religion of the new testament, the gospel of Apostle Paul to the Gentiles, allows a man to marry 4 wives

Christianity, which is the religion of Rome, does not allow polygamy.
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by SirLakes: 3:45pm On Apr 28
Na Una problem be that
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by APOSTLECHUMA: 3:45pm On Apr 28
GOD IS INFINITE AND DOESNT ACQUIRE NEW KNOWLEDGE, NEITHER DOES HE CHANGE HIS ORDER OF DOING THINGS. WHEN HE CREATED THE FIRST MAN, HE ONLY MADE ONE WIFE FOR HIM, NOT TWO. AFTER THE FALL IN EDEN HOWEVER, EVERY THING WAS SHATTERED, WITH NOTHING REMAINING IN THE ORIGINAL ORDER IT WAS MADE, WITH MARRIAGE INCLUSIVE. POLYGAMY WAS PERMISSIVELY INTRODUCED JUST LIKE DIVORCE BUT NONE WAS GOD'S PERFECT WILL. WITH THE COMING OF CHRIST, EVERYTHING WAS RESTORED TO ITS ORIGINAL ORDER INCLUDING MARRIAGE AND EVEN DIVORCE, WHICH WAS INTRODUCED BY MOSES OUT OF THE HARDNESS OF THE PEOPLES HEARTS, WAS ABOLISHED. THE ONLY CONDITION PERMITTED BY CHRIST UNDER WHICH A MAN CAN PUT AWAY HIS WIFE, IS FOR FORNICATION, NOT ADULTERY. WHEN JESUS PREACHED THIS IN MATTHEW 19, THE JEWS REPLIED HIM THAT IF THAT BE SO, THAT THERE WAS NO NEED FOR A MAN TO MARRY. THE REASON WAS THAT THEY WERE NOT READY TO FORGIVE THEIR WIVES BECAUSE WHAT CHRIST PREACHED, MEANT THAT FOR ADULTERY, THEY HAD NO BIBLE RIGHT TO DIVORCE THEIR WIVES AND THAT IS TRUE UNTO THE END OF THE WORLD. A MAN CAN ONLY DIVORCE HIS WIVE, BASED ON FORNICATION AND WHAT IT MEANS IS THAT IF A WOMAN HAD LIVED A NASTY LIFE BEFORE MARRIAGE AND LATER GOT MARRIED BY DECEIVING HER HUSBAND THAT SHE WAS STILL A VIRGIN, THAT THE MAN SHOULD PUT HER AWAY, AFTER DISCOVERING THAT AFTER THEIR MARRIAGE. THIS IS BECAUSE THE MARRIAGE WAS BASED ON FALSEHOOD AS EVERY MAN IN GOD'S ORIGINAL PLAN IS SUPPOSED TO MARRY A VIRGIN. OUTSIDE THIS, FOR ADULTERY, A MAN IS EXPECTED TO FORGIVE HIS WIFE, JUST THE WAY GOD FORGIVES US OUR MANY SINS DAILY. THIS WAS WHY CHRIST PREACHED FORGIVENESS 70 TIMES 7 A DAY BEFORE PREACHING ON MARRIAGE AND DIVORCE. THIS IS ONE OF THE HARDEST TEACHINGS IN THE BIBLE AND NOT ALL WILL ACCEPT IT, JUST LIKE THOSE JEWS IN MATTHEW 19. IF ONE DIVORCES HIS WIFE FOR ADULTERY, HE HAS NO BIBLE RIGHT TO REMARRY, HE CAN ONLY STAY SINGLE OR GET RECONCILED WITH HER. EMAIL cfountainoftruth@yahoo.com FOR YOUR QUESTIONS.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by xeju: 3:46pm On Apr 28
You can't have common sense and be a muslim or Christian😎
BodyCount:

And I thought it was Isaac who married Deborah at 3 years old shocked shocked shocked shocked

Or Joseph the old man of about 90 who married the mother of your god at 9 or 12.

Christianity stinks

You can't have common sense and be a Christian.
It's impossible.

You can not also not be a hypocrite and be a Christian.

Even in this your contradictory and stupid debate where different Christians are in confusion and have different opinions on a subject pertaining to your evil beliefs, you will still drag Islam into it.

Awọn Ho lori burukus
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by xeju: 3:48pm On Apr 28
But changed his order to allow for INCEST, so the first children can populate the earth
APOSTLECHUMA:
GOD IS INFINITE AND DOESNT ACQUIRE NEW KNOWLEDGE, NEITHER DOES HE CHANGE HIS ORDER OF DOING THINGS. WHEN HE CREATED THE FIRST MAN, HE ONLY MADE ONE WIFE FOR HIM, NOT TWO. AFTER THE FALL IN EDEN HOWEVER, EVERY THING SHATTERED, WITH NOTHING REMAINING IN THE ORIGINAL ORDER IT WAS MADE, WITH MARRIAGE INCLUSIVE. POLYGAMY WAS PERMISSIVELY INTRODUCED JUST LIKE DIVORCE BUT NONE WAS GOD'S PERFECT WILL. WITH THE COMING OF CHRIST, EVERYTHING WAS RESTORED TO ITS ORIGINAL ORDER INCLUDING MARRIAGE AND EVEN DIVORCE, WHICH WAS INTRODUCED BY MOSES OUT OF THE HARDNESS OF THE PEOPLES HEARTS, WAS ABOLISHED. THE ONLY CONDITION PERMITTED BY CHRIST UNDER WHICH A MAN CAN PUT AWAY HIS WIFE, IS FOR FORNICATION, NOT ADULTERY. WHEN JESUS PREACHED THIS IN MATTHEW 19, THE JEWS REPLIED HIM THAT IF THAT WAS THE CASE, THAT THERE WAS NO NEED FOR A MAN TO MARRY. THE REASON WAS THAT THEY WERE NOT READY TO FORGIVE THEIR WIVES BECAUSE WHAT CHRIST TAUGHT THEM, MEANT THAT FOR ADULTERY, THEY HAD NO BIBLE RIGHT TO DIVORCE THEIR WIVES AND THAT IS TRUE UNTO THE END OF THE WORLD. A MAN CAN ONLY DIVORCE BASED ON FORNICATION AND WHAT IT MEANS IS THAT IF A WOMAN HAD LIVED A NASTY LIFE BEFORE MARRIAGE AND LATER GOT MARRIED BY DECEIVING HER HUS THAT SHE WAS STILL A VIRGIN, THAT THE MAN SHOULD PUT HER AWAY BECAUSE THE MARRIAGE WAS BASED ON FALSEHOOD. OUTSIDE THIS, FOR ADULTERY, A MAN IS EXPECTED TO FORGIVE HIS WIFE, JUST THE WAY GOD FORGIVES US OUR MANY SINS DAILY. THIS WAS WHY CHRIST PREACHED FORGIVENESS 70 BY 70 A DAY BEFORE PREACHING ON MARRIAGE AND DIVORCE. THIS IS ONE OF THE HARDEST TEACHINGS IN THE BIBLE AND NOT ALL WILL ACCEPT IT. IF ONE DIVORCES HIS WIFE FOR ADULTERY, HE HAS NO BIBLE RIGHT TO REMARRY, HE CAN ONLY STAY SINGLE OR GET RECONCILED WITH HER.
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by SIRTee15: 3:50pm On Apr 28
IPIGSRSHALLOW:
Pastorprenuer businessman protecting his business.

Polygamy is bad but homosexuality is ok according to the White slave masters who wrote the Bible.
CLOWNS grin grin grin

Show me where the bible says homosexuality if ok. Since the white man wrote the bible it should approve homosexuality.
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Hagiazomakai: 3:50pm On Apr 28
I like the intellectual argument you bringing,so I will wade in here.

Going by the law of first mention(Theological vocabulary),in the first marriage,God created One woman for the first ma(spelling out clearly His intention for the institution).

So men out of greed and lust decided to go their way,but that doesn't change the blueprint of God for the sacred marital institution.

thesicilian:

It's the same story bro. The Bible does not condemn polygamy. Polygamy is the teaching of man. If it was that important, Jesus would have taught about it.
A lot of the disciples taught what they thought was right, not what Jesus taught them. At a point (Acts 10) God had to personally come down from heaven and correct Peter about the issue of unclean meat and refusing to preach to the gentiles.

What makes polygamy a sin? That a man pays the bride price of 2 or 3 women according to tradition, before taking her home with the consent of her parents, why should there be any law against that?
Is that not what we were practising before the white man came? Are you saying all our ancestors who practised polygamy will go to hell? But that David, Abraham, Jacob etc will all be in heaven?
What kind of logic is that?

If you're going to convince me that polygamy is a sin, you'll have to show me where it was expressly condemned.

3 Likes

Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Felalucky8(m): 3:51pm On Apr 28
God1000:
His father married 13 wives with 53 children, so this is not surprising coming from him.

1 Corinthians 7 and states that polygamy is unlawful; and that one man is to have but one wife, and to keep to her; and that one woman is to have but one husband, and to keep to him and the wife only has a power over the husband's body, a right to it, and may claim the use of it: this power over

Give me the verse please
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by TheWinterBird(f): 3:51pm On Apr 28
But God did not tell them to. In fact, that was not His design.
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Omoluabi16(m): 3:52pm On Apr 28
Until a man with 9 wives come and says he wants to marry your daughter/sister. No be only polygamy, na mahogany.

1 Like

Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by SIRTee15: 3:54pm On Apr 28
cjudy:

Stop dodging question. Where in the Bible did Jesus asked you to Marry one wife and one husband? Drop fact and not what other prophet wrote in your bible. Those David, Abraham, Solomon that married many wives in your bible, did God condemned or punished them? You’re not to marry 2 wives but una get almost 5 to 6 girlfriends. Dey play. You lorn the hard way

Matthew 19.5

and Jesus said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’?

1 Like

Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Elliotwaveforec: 3:57pm On Apr 28
Even Jesus Christ didn't frown at polygamy! Monogamy is unafrican.
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Natbrowny: 3:59pm On Apr 28
theredaddy:

But those two you mentioned are black men with africa root ... white represent westernize

retry make your point using "white "

They are all west. Anyways make i mention few popular ones. West is west. Not about the colour of skin but location of the west. Same things affect every colour..

👉 Tennis star Boris Becker
3 Children
3 baby bamas

👉 Caitlyn Jenner.
6 children
3 baby mamas

👉 Owen Wilson
3 Children
3 baby mamas

👉 Steven Tyler
4 children
3 baby mamas

👉 Clint Eastwood
8 children
6 baby mamas

👉 Mark Antony
6 children
3 baby mamas

👉 Larry King
5 children
3 baby mamas

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Justiceleague1: 4:00pm On Apr 28
EreluRoz:
Modern men style of polygamy differs, they want a woman who can take care of herself so he can go ahead and marry another one with the peanut he's contributing at home. This is what Yul Edochie wanted to do to his breadwinner wife (as confirmed by Yul's father Pete Edochie) .

How can a woman be responsible for more than 85% of the success of the home and you dare want to add another wife and make her fund your polygamous life? Yul hit head for ground sha.
after you applied and failed yakata to become tinubu's wife,you now came here and opened bad thread against baba bulaba 😁😁😁
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Babastrong(m): 4:01pm On Apr 28
[quote author=God1000 post=129675737]His father married 13 wives with 53 children, so this is not surprising coming from him.

1 Corinthians 7 and states that polygamy is unlawful; and that one man is to have but one wife, and to keep to her; and that one woman is to have but one husband, and to keep to him and the wife only has a power over the husband's body, a right to it, and may claim the use of it: this power over [you guys like to fail exam. he said mention one prophet who has one wife but you quoting bible verses .]
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by DMerciful(m): 4:01pm On Apr 28
Too many unmarried women, a problem polygamy would take care of. Why sidechick when you could have been a second wife with your own family?

It will reduce paternity fraud as well.

It will ensure men get regular sex enough to reduce the risk of prostate cancer( at least 21 times per month)

Etc grin
EreluRoz:
Modern men style of polygamy differs, they want a woman who can take care of herself so he can go ahead and marry another one with the peanut he's contributing at home. This is what Yul Edochie wanted to do to his breadwinner wife (as confirmed by Yul's father Pete Edochie) .

How can a woman be responsible for more than 85% of the success of the home and you dare want to add another wife and make her fund your polygamous life? Yul hit head for ground sha.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Youths Sack Catholic Priest In Imo State Community. Photos / Sultan’s Misguided Comments On Adamawa Clashes Increasing Tension — Dami Mamza / Daddy Freeze: Stop Giving Winners And Redeemed Church Members Financial Aids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.