Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,959 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa (27080 Views)

Celestial Church Members Claim Late Rev Samuel Oshoffa 'Visited' During Service / Does The Bible Really Condemn Marrying More Than One Wife? / Oshoffa In The Sky: Celestial Church Members Claim To See Their Founder (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by thesicilian: 9:14pm On Apr 28
Veecruz:

Did i doubt? I know John, 1-4. But i know lies when i see it and this one you were big and bold to use God to Lie, i comot for road make Wrath dey go where e dey go!
Wow.
Okay.
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by siant: 9:35pm On Apr 28
Why referring to the polygamists?
Why doesn't he imitate the prophets in the Bible who didn't marry at all, like Elijah, Elisha, Jeremiah and so on?

He should just say, he loves different pussies
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by drlateef: 9:43pm On Apr 28
StillDtruth:

Did you.not see God Spoke to him as one and worked with him like one?

Those rules are the Judgments and Ordinances God commanded.

Indeed? And God forgot to tell Jesus about that while on earth? And God forgot to forbid all previous prophets before Paul was converted? Dey play!!!😂😂😂
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Ezeifeduba: 9:50pm On Apr 28
Says the one who wrote the Bible himself and sponsored by the spirit of Infidelity.

Once a man starts talking like this, then he's trying to justify the consequences of his actions over the year

1 Like

Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Toymax88: 9:53pm On Apr 28
oluwaseyi0:
The Bible is so volatile and contradictory that most people literally cherry pick whatever they want from it, it support everything you want

Imagine the constitution of a country been this inconsistent, volatile and contradictory; the country will always be in chaos

As terrible as the bible is the Qur'an is even way worse off

Imagine a book that allows people cherry pick to the extent that they can blow themselves up (if they can do that to themselves imagine what they can do to you and your families) kidnap kids in school (like in chibok) and so many others unspeakable atrocities

Same quran and some Muslims are just very great people, down to earth, pose no security threat and generally good people

Same book but different cherry picking, nothing else could define volatile

I really like this comment, I have to read and re-read
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by integrity16(m): 10:12pm On Apr 28
Veecruz:

Did isreal ever practice the new testament?

Even when Jesus Christ came, how many of the Israelis accepted him?

Didn't they prefer the thief to be spared of capital punishment than Jesus Christ??

What's the percentage of Christians in the present day Isreal? There in lies your answers
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by MrPresident1: 10:20pm On Apr 28
Inside the Bible, monogamy is the exception.

Polygamy is the rule!

But it is wisdom in this times of Satan's rule that a man learns to be discreet with his affairs, and wisdom for these times of economic brutality and women empowerment and gender equality, requires that a man prays to God and then looks for a woman to marry, and both of them work together to build their home.

The time is coming when God's word will rule the earth again, when God will destroy Rome's power and all its false ideology and doctrine, and the truth of God's word will reign supreme in the earth.

When that time comes, and in that day, polygamy will be the rule again, and it is the women themselves that will want it!

Isaiah 4:1
And in that day seven women shall take hold of one man, saying, We will eat our own bread, and wear our own apparel: only let us be called by thy name, to take away our reproach.
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by SIRTee15: 10:34pm On Apr 28
cjudy:

Oga stop deceiving people with one side scripture. This is a public forum and you’re sounding dumb. Where in the Bible did God condemn Polygamy? You’re still running around.
Point where in the Bible God said this is a punishment for anyone who practice polygamy? Mind you, the western are the one that introduced Christianity and forced it on you people and you accept to follow their ways. Same Western are now telling you same sex marriage, why don’t you accept it ? Oh you’re not slave anymore because you hate same sex marriage? Same your masters are introducing all sort of irregularities in Christianity and you’re running away from it why? As long as I’m concern, God never condemn polygamy. Even a verse in your bibles says time will come many women will run to hold on one man just to bear his name Abi no be your bible talk am? Hell fire go really full because una wey be deceiver don lead many to their grave.

So when God said a man and a woman will be united to become one, what does he mean?

Western man introduced christianity is the most stupid thing that ever came out of ignorant fools.

Show me one white man in the bible, just one and I will agree western men brought the bible.

All his ranting yet couldn't quote one bible verse to buttress his point.
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by SlavaUkraini: 10:37pm On Apr 28
BodyCount:

Oloriburuku mumu slave
Just like the whole world knows that na ugly old hag olosho born you and you're a product of a broken condom from q thousand fathers.
Sudden painful DEATH to you, you entire family and lineage.

See this Mumu Fowl...

Let me tell you your history...

Your father is actually a gorilla 🐵🐵🐒🐒

Your mother is a useless Ashawo woman that sleeps with both men and animals for peanuts

She met your animal father in a Brothel where she hustles and sell her smelling vigina to animals..

That was where they made love and conceived you ..... A useless, stupid, foolish animal...

Go for a DNA test and you will discover that you have animal genes in your system that is why you behave like a beast 🐻🐻🐻

The Stupid fool at home you call daddy is not your real father but one of the numerous Ashawo customers of your Ashawo Mama...

Go and ask your Ashawo Mama and she cannot deny this truth...

Oloriburuku..... Idiot
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by verdade: 10:46pm On Apr 28
God1000:
His father married 13 wives with 53 children, so this is not surprising coming from him.

1 Corinthians 7 and states that polygamy is unlawful; and that one man is to have but one wife, and to keep to her; and that one woman is to have but one husband, and to keep to him and the wife only has a power over the husband's body, a right to it, and may claim the use of it: this power over

Mr man say what you know and stop talking trash
1 Corinthians 7 never said anything about polygamy being unlawful
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by verdade: 10:53pm On Apr 28
[quote author=God1000 post=129676272] first Corinthians chapter 7

Because there where high level of immorality

Think before you talk boy
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Kobojunkie: 10:56pm On Apr 28
siant:
Why referring to the polygamists?
Why doesn't he imitate the prophets in the Bible who didn't marry at all, like Elijah, Elisha, Jeremiah and so on?

He should just say, he loves different pussies
He cannot do that because he is quite aware that he can never join the ranks of the men you speak of. That door closed to all alive since the arrival of Jesus Christ, the Last of the prophets sent by YHWH. undecided
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by verdade: 11:00pm On Apr 28
yewit37486:

Don't waste your time explaining to people who already know what they want to do and are just looking for a way to justify it.

Anyone that wants to marry 100 wives should please go ahead, it won't change the fact that the Bible is clear on it being One man, one wife.

Mumu prove it and stop making animal noise
Show us where the bible said polygamy is a sin
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by bomsilaga(m): 1:08am On Apr 29
God1000:
His father married 13 wives with 53 children, so this is not surprising coming from him.

1 Corinthians 7 and states that polygamy is unlawful; and that one man is to have but one wife, and to keep to her; and that one woman is to have but one husband, and to keep to him and the wife only has a power over the husband's body, a right to it, and may claim the use of it: this power over

Did you read up to v6?
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by bomsilaga(m): 1:10am On Apr 29
thesicilian:

We didn't attend the same school, I have my own school that I attended, and you have yours.
So if I say I have my own school I attended, does that mean I was the only one in the school?

If I tell my friends I can't stay here, I'm going back to my own house, does that mean I'm the only one who lives in the house? Come to think of it, "my own house" doesn't even mean I own the house, it just implies that I have a legal right to use the house. So 40 people can call a house their own house as long as they're legal occupants of the house.

That's the lexical ambiguity I'm talking about.

Jesus never condemned polygamy, most of those in the bible who seemed to condemn it were the overzealous converts who were not even with jesus and tended to apply their personal beliefs in most of their teachings.

Some of the greatest icons in the Bible were polygamists, such as Abraham, Solomon, David etc

And they're all already in heaven while you are here talking about unimportant things like polygamy instead of focusing on the actual teachings of christ like repentance, forgiveness, love etc

Send account jare

1 Like

Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by bomsilaga(m): 1:17am On Apr 29
LordIsaac:

A Bishop must be the husband of one wife…that’s Scripture!

If all men in the church when this statement was made, were all married to a woman, would there be a need to single out the bishop?

You can't say all men should drink water because we all do.

1 Like

Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by LordIsaac(m): 2:26am On Apr 29
bomsilaga:

If all men in the church when this statement was made, were all married to a woman, would there be a need to single out the bishop?

You can't say all men should drink water because we all do.
Scripture is clear. Don’t fall into the fallacy of picking and choosing.
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Babaibeji2020(m): 2:59am On Apr 29
His dad basically snatched some of those women from their husbands right there in church......either because they couldn't conceive on time for their husbands,ill health or just feminine greed to oppress other ladies in church by the appellation ...Mummy GO....
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Newyorkitis(m): 3:37am On Apr 29
thesicilian:

It's the same story bro. The Bible does not condemn polygamy. Polygamy is the teaching of man. If it was that important, Jesus would have taught about it.
A lot of the disciples taught what they thought was right, not what Jesus taught them. At a point (Acts 10) God had to personally come down from heaven and correct Peter about the issue of unclean meat and refusing to preach to the gentiles.

What makes polygamy a sin? That a man pays the bride price of 2 or 3 women according to tradition, before taking her home with the consent of her parents, why should there be any law against that?
Is that not what we were practising before the white man came? Are you saying all our ancestors who practised polygamy will go to hell? But that David, Abraham, Jacob etc will all be in heaven?
What kind of logic is that?

If you're going to convince me that polygamy is a sin, you'll have to show me where it was expressly condemned.

Please read the Gospel of Matthew 19. Jesus taught his disciples about polygamy and divorce.

Second: our Ancestors are not going to hell even if in they were idol worshippers. If they did not kill, snatched peoples wives, were forgiven and did not bear witness, etc, they are in heaven because they would be judged by the laws of their time.
The concern should be about those of us that heard and did otherwise.
Our ancestors had their rules which had to do with being a good community member and a good neighbour.

Whatsoever you do to the least of my brothers, that you do unto me.
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by CHoccolaTE: 3:55am On Apr 29
Sex sex sex sex sex, that's all that the black man's mind is fixated on.
Irresponsible hypocrites.

1 Like

Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Veecruz: 4:02am On Apr 29
integrity16:

Even when Jesus Christ came, how many of the Israelis accepted him?

Didn't they prefer the thief to be spared of capital punishment than Jesus Christ??

What's the percentage of Christians in the present day Isreal? There in lies your answers

I know! And that should tell you that whether old or new o, Isreal was always anti God! (Atheist)

And Judaism means Judah-ism which means a religion of idol.worshippers

Jeremiah 11:
conspiracy has been found among the men of Judah and among the inhabitants of Jerusalem. 10 They have turned back to the iniquities of their forefathers who refused to hear My words, and they have gone after other gods to serve them; the house of Israel and the house of Judah have broken My covenant which I made with their fathers.”

11 Therefore thus says the Lord: “Behold, I will surely bring calamity on them which they will not be able to escape; and though they cry out to Me, I will not listen to them. 12 Then the cities of Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem will go and cry out to the gods to whom they offer incense, but they will not save them at all in the time of their trouble. 13 For according to the number of your cities were your gods, O Judah; and according to the number of the streets of Jerusalem you have set up altars to that shameful thing, altars to burn incense to Baal.
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Veecruz: 4:13am On Apr 29
drlateef:

Indeed? And God forgot to tell Jesus about that while on earth? And God forgot to forbid all previous prophets before Paul was converted? Dey play!!!😂😂😂

Now you have moved from Paul to Jesus!

Did Jesus not say He did not come to.judge? Nevertheless, did He not Say "do unto others what you want done to thee?"

And would thou let thy own wife marry another man? No as shown by the reaction of these men here https://www.nairaland.com/8076150/love-married-woman-happening#129684894
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Veecruz: 4:24am On Apr 29
bomsilaga:

Did you read up to v6?

Did you not see that verse 6 is the introduction of verse 7 where Paul disclioses his will?

"i will that all men...?

And through out do you see where he acknowledges a person having wives? Is it not wife/husband he says?
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Veecruz: 4:31am On Apr 29
verdade:

Mr man say what you know and stop talking trash
1 Corinthians 7 never said anything about polygamy being unlawful

Polygamy is unlawful for you commit adultery and break covenant, possess lust, unfaittfulness, unrighteosness and of course you doing evil to thy wife.
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Caleycash(m): 4:39am On Apr 29
RachLaw:
Have you heard the saying "what's good for the goose, is also good for the gander"
Ponder on it.
Lol...not in terms of marriage or will I say union between man and woman, how many women can even afford to take care of themselves talk more of doing same for men (Husbands)??, you're funny to even bring "it goes both ways" in this topic, very funny!
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Veecruz: 4:58am On Apr 29
Caleycash:
Lol...not in terms of marriage or will I say union between man and woman, how many women can even afford to take care of themselves talk more of doing same for men (Husbands)??, you're funny to even bring "it goes both ways" in this topic, very funny!

Hope you wont stab your wife like this guy when a polygamists decides to take care of your wife

https://www.nairaland.com/8075955/husband-stabs-wife-death-over#129680787
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Caleycash(m): 5:24am On Apr 29
Veecruz:

Hope you wont stab your wife like this guy when a polygamists decides to take care of your wife

https://www.nairaland.com/8075955/husband-stabs-wife-death-over#129680787
No correlation!... most of you are hell bound to dispute the fact and truth, if you can be so lose to leave your husband and cheat with another man and he stabs you to death that's surely what you deserve, if you feel you don't want him again, divorce and leave!, the truth remains the truth!
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by verdade: 5:47am On Apr 29
Veecruz:

Polygamy is unlawful for you commit adultery and break covenant, possess lust, unfaittfulness, unrighteosness and of course you doing evil to thy wife.

That's the problem with Nigerians, they say things without prove.. They read and don't understand.
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by cjudy(m): 5:54am On Apr 29
SIRTee15:

So when God said a man and a woman will be united to become one, what does he mean?

Western man introduced christianity is the most stupid thing that ever came out of ignorant fools.

Show me one white man in the bible, just one and I will agree western men brought the bible.

All his ranting yet couldn't quote one bible verse to buttress his point.
Christianity in Africa first arrived in Egypt in approximately 50 AD. By the end of the 2nd century it had reached the region around Carthage. In the 4th century, the Aksumite empire in modern-day Ethiopia and Eritrea became one of the first regions in the world to adopt Christianity as its official religion. The Nubian kingdoms of Nobatia, Makuria and Alodia followed two centuries later. From the late fifth and early sixth century, the region included several Christian Berber kingdoms.[1] Important Africans who influenced the early development of Christianity and shaped the doctrines of Christianity include Tertullian, Perpetua, Felicity, Clement of Alexandria, Origen of Alexandria, Cyprian, Athanasius and Augustine of Hippo.
I don’t respond to fools and religion bigots who thinks they know all. Show me a scripture where God condemned Polygamy? Show me a scripture where David and Abraham or even Solomon where Punished for taking Multiple wives? Stop running around the bush with God said this and that. The verse you fools are quoting why don’t you read from the beginning and know why God said that. You foolish Christian fanatics will pick and verse that suits you without reading the 2 verse before and after it.
Most of you bigot even the 10 commandments that were given to you, it’s only thou shall not kill is left for some of you to violate. The rest you’ve broken it. Yet you will come here and spew trash. Selective sinners claiming to be saint. You’re even doing worst sin that Polygamy according to your bible.
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by abdullhafar(m): 6:00am On Apr 29
I trust nigerian they we back fornications and attack polygamy, because they prefer to keep fornicating up and down than to marry a two, devil 😈 has already beautify sins among common nigeria
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by bomsilaga(m): 6:04am On Apr 29
Veecruz:

Did you not see that verse 6 is the introduction of verse 7 where Paul disclioses his will?

"i will that all men...?

And through out do you see where he acknowledges a person having wives? Is it not wife/husband he says?

He has told you that it was his opinion but yet you still want to make it the gold standard.
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by bomsilaga(m): 6:05am On Apr 29
LordIsaac:

Scripture is clear. Don’t fall into the fallacy of picking and choosing.

See who has fallacy written all over your statement.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Man Accuses Rev Father Edeh Of Locking Him Up After Asking For His Wages. Photos / 16 Ways To Choose A Wife, According To The Bible / NOUN Students Demand Apology From Dunamis Pastor Over Dehumanization Of Graduate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.