Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,143 members, 7,842,287 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa (27766 Views)

Celestial Church Members Claim Late Rev Samuel Oshoffa 'Visited' During Service / Does The Bible Really Condemn Marrying More Than One Wife? / Oshoffa In The Sky: Celestial Church Members Claim To See Their Founder (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Kobojunkie: 11:33pm On May 10
Baatunde:
Yes sir, you have answered the question yourself. The Bible was supposed to be inspired by God, so why he would inspire two authors to write different things about the same people. If only we all can agree that the writers were simply doing their best with the information available to them and leave out the inspiration business. Also even if his genealogy was to be traced and I agree with you it should be through his mother, curiously Mary's name is missing in any of the two account.
Surely people inspired by God should write what is TRUE and NOT what they think people want to hear.....
RIght there in the first few statements lies the major problem with your assessment of details contained in the book. You assume in error that the word Inspired connotes True, when in fact the dictionary gives a different idea.
in·spire
1. fill (someone) with the urge or ability to do or feel something, especially to do something creative.
"his passion for romantic literature inspired him to begin writing"
create (a feeling, especially a positive one) in a person.
"their past record does not inspire confidence"
animate someone with (such a feeling).
"he inspired his students with a vision of freedom"
give rise to.
Inspire does not mean same as True.

2. That is a rubbish notion spun instead from the minds of deluded religionists who impose what are damaged ideologies fed to them by men which they refer to as interpretations in between the lines of what is instead written in Scripture. undecided

The book contains the very words of the one who is tagged a liar from the beginning — the devil. That ought to inform anyone with a mind of his or her own that what that means is that not all that is contained in the pages of Scripture can be, or should be, considered True. grin
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Baatunde(m): 1:28pm On May 12
People like you always deflect from ignorance by resorting to abuse, the same thing you do even when it comes to politics, now let me educate you a little bit; that is if you have the capability to learn, otherwise in the words of Reno... "o ya abuse more"

When your "holy" spirit decide to rape[i] ( its not my word, it is what your Bible says when it says overshadow or overpower)[/i] Mary the mother of your God, I bet you don't know how old she was. Mary was 12 years old and Joseph the Carpenter was almost 90 years old and a widower. How did we know this, it is in a book called " The History of Joseph the Carpenter" Now do not tell me you don't believe in this Book because it is not in your Bible but you believe the Hadith of Bukhari that mentioned Aisha's age. Moreover, please note that the Book of Infancy Gospel of James also confirmed that Mary was 12 years old and both these books by far predates the Hadith of Bukhari so they cannot have been said to be later day forgeries meant to address the age of Aisha.

Now about these two books which will be called Apocrypha in the likes of Gospel of Barnabas, we should be aware that Apocrypha does not mean fake of forgery in its original Greek meaning it simply means " hidden or concealed" At different times in the history of Christianity some of these books were accepted as genuine and up till these day some Orthodox and Syriac sects of Christianity still actually read those books. That is also why the Catholic version of the Old Testament contains the extra books of Baruch, Judith 1 &2, Maccabees, SIrach, Tobit and Wisdom. Now let me educate you more. Inside the Canonical Books you accept as your Bible today, there are other books mentioned and in fact referenced positively, of which those books have not been included in your Bible even when those Books are not "hidden" or apocrypha.

Here also is a list of early church fathers believed Mary was married off when she was 12 years old and Joseph the carpenter was a very old and was fourscore years old when he married 12-year-old Mary:

1. Epiphanius (310 – 403AD)
2. Hilary (Hilarius) of Poitiers (300 – 368AD)
3. John Chrysostom (Born between 344 and 349 – Died 407 AD)
4. Cyril of Alexandria (376 – 444 AD)
5. Saint Euthymius the Great (377 – 473 AD)
6. Theophylact of Ohrid (also known as Theophylact of Bulgaria) (1055 – 1107 AD)
7. Cecumenius
8. Eusebius (263 – 339 AD)

As for the 'holy' spirit raping the mother of your God, this is what your Bible says

"And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Spirit shall COME UPON YOU, and the power of the Highest shall OVERSHADOW YOU: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of you shall be called the Son of God". – Luke 1:35
Also your famous verse John 3:16 called Jesus the "begotten" son of God of which the act of begetting involves sexual activity
check your dictionaries for the meaning of "beget" dont take my word for it. So your "holy" spirit that begat your Saviour had to OVERPOWER (in another translation) Mary , meaning.... rape

Enemyofpeace:
dat na prophet Mohammodu nau. Na small pikin pusssssssy dey always hungry dat one

Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Enemyofpeace: 5:33pm On May 12
Baatunde:
People like you always deflect from ignorance by resorting to abuse, the same thing you do even when it comes to politics, now let me educate you a little bit; that is if you have the capability to learn, otherwise in the words of Reno... "o ya abuse more"

When your "holy" spirit decide to rape[i] ( its not my word, it is what your Bible says when it says overshadow or overpower)[/i] Mary the mother of your God, I bet you don't know how old she was. Mary was 12 years old and Joseph the Carpenter was almost 90 years old and a widower. How did we know this, it is in a book called " The History of Joseph the Carpenter" Now do not tell me you don't believe in this Book because it is not in your Bible but you believe the Hadith of Bukhari that mentioned Aisha's age. Moreover, please note that the Book of Infancy Gospel of James also confirmed that Mary was 12 years old and both these books by far predates the Hadith of Bukhari so they cannot have been said to be later day forgeries meant to address the age of Aisha.

Now about these two books which will be called Apocrypha in the likes of Gospel of Barnabas, we should be aware that Apocrypha does not mean fake of forgery in its original Greek meaning it simply means " hidden or concealed" At different times in the history of Christianity some of these books were accepted as genuine and up till these day some Orthodox and Syriac sects of Christianity still actually read those books. That is also why the Catholic version of the Old Testament contains the extra books of Baruch, Judith 1 &2, Maccabees, SIrach, Tobit and Wisdom. Now let me educate you more. Inside the Canonical Books you accept as your Bible today, there are other books mentioned and in fact referenced positively, of which those books have not been included in your Bible even when those Books are not "hidden" or apocrypha.

Here also is a list of early church fathers believed Mary was married off when she was 12 years old and Joseph the carpenter was a very old and was fourscore years old when he married 12-year-old Mary:

1. Epiphanius (310 – 403AD)
2. Hilary (Hilarius) of Poitiers (300 – 368AD)
3. John Chrysostom (Born between 344 and 349 – Died 407 AD)
4. Cyril of Alexandria (376 – 444 AD)
5. Saint Euthymius the Great (377 – 473 AD)
6. Theophylact of Ohrid (also known as Theophylact of Bulgaria) (1055 – 1107 AD)
7. Cecumenius
8. Eusebius (263 – 339 AD)

As for the 'holy' spirit raping the mother of your God, this is what your Bible says

"And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Spirit shall COME UPON YOU, and the power of the Highest shall OVERSHADOW YOU: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of you shall be called the Son of God". – Luke 1:35
Also your famous verse John 3:16 called Jesus the "begotten" son of God of which the act of begetting involves sexual activity
check your dictionaries for the meaning of "beget" dont take my word for it. So your "holy" spirit that begat your Saviour had to OVERPOWER (in another translation) Mary , meaning.... rape

you've been noticed. Now go and play with your mates
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Baatunde(m): 9:43am On May 14
At last Nairaland allowed me to comment after over 48 hours. Nevertheless, thanks for your response I shall definitely play with my mates as suggested. You have actually confirmed my assertion that you really have no substance to debate but insults. Ire o!

quote author=Enemyofpeace post=129917681]you've been noticed. Now go and play with your mates [/quote]
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Enemyofpeace: 10:01am On May 14
Baatunde:
At last Nairaland allowed me to comment after over 48 hours. Nevertheless, thanks for your response I shall definitely play with my mates as suggested. You have actually confirmed my assertion that you really have no substance to debate but insults. Ire o!

quote author=Enemyofpeace post=129917681]you've been noticed. Now go and play with your mates
you've once again been noticed. Now go fokn slam your head on the ground
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Baatunde(m): 4:37pm On May 14
And the mods on this forum allows this kind of images here and yet they will be deleting other less offensive posts everywhere!

Goodlady:

Polygamy is a recipe for many problems.
Mistake of Abraham with Haggai bred janjaweêds the whole world is nursing till today.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy / Catholic Archdiocese Donates Relief Materials To Lagos Government / Take EndSARS Protest To Church: Sowore, Small Doctor, Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.