Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,818 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

Baptism Of The Holy Spirit - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Baptism Of The Holy Spirit (715 Views)

How To Receive HOLY GHOST Baptism / Are We Saved By Faith Or By Water Baptism? / Why Infant Baptism Should Stop! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Baptism Of The Holy Spirit by taniboo: 2:45pm On Nov 20, 2011
i noticed that this topic is not discussed much in the nigerian environment. i know that Jesus mentioned that he will send us the comforter who wuld teach us alot of things, however there are alot of studies that claim that you can receive the holy spirit by simply asking. but also some claim you have to be baptised first with the Holy spiritbefore you can begin to see the manifestation of the Spirit of God. (this type of baptism is different from water baptism)
How can i get baptised and what can i do after this baptism?
Re: Baptism Of The Holy Spirit by harine: 3:30pm On Nov 20, 2011
The first step is to accept Christ as Lord and saviour. If you have, desire the Holy Spirit because the bible says ASK and U SHALL RECEIVE. Pray for it and sustain it by constant fellowshipping with God.
Re: Baptism Of The Holy Spirit by Joagbaje(m): 8:59am On Nov 21, 2011
In addition to Harine, if you are born again, you should join a church which believes in the holy spirit manifestation. you can ask any of the ministers to lay hands on you. Mostly the holy spirit comes on people when hands are laid on them. The power of God transfers through hands.

Acts 19:6
6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.
Re: Baptism Of The Holy Spirit by plappville(f): 10:03pm On Nov 21, 2011
Am sure u are born again or needless this enquiring.
U ve done well by seeking the holy spirit. Like JGBJ said, u should partake in ur church pragramm,
there should be a service for this.

The holy spirit does not only take place during baptism. But also, during praying time, disturb ur God about it he will answer u. Be sure ur vessel is completely empty so that he can come over u.
U can still pray to God and ye shall recieve it, pending on ur faith. God is ur strenght.
Re: Baptism Of The Holy Spirit by taniboo: 10:14pm On Nov 21, 2011
thanks for all the replies.
i am actually born again and have accepted jesus as my saviour and lord, however jesus says he will send us the comforter,meaning that for those who have walked with jesus,he will send the comforter to them,so i just wanted to clarify how to receive the holy spirit.

i have heard of laying of hands as was suggested above,and willing to look into that option : ) however, some have claimed that they received through prayers alone in their private residences which i also totally believe is possible. i have been praying day and night for the holy spirit to have his way.
any other advice and suggestions?
Re: Baptism Of The Holy Spirit by plappville(f): 10:23pm On Nov 21, 2011
"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you."
John 14:26 (KJV)

"When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come. He will glorify me, for he will take what is mine and declare it to you. All that the Father has is mine;  therefore I said that he will take what is mine and declare it to you"
John 16:13-15 (ESV)

as u re seeking it, u will be filled with it, ita all about faith.

"The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,  to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn; To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified."
Isaiah 61:1-3 (KJV)

"And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh;  and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions"
Joel 2:28 (KJV)
Re: Baptism Of The Holy Spirit by Sweetnecta: 12:48am On Nov 22, 2011
^^^^^^^ ma sista, you are telling taniboo to have faith, when she needs to be taught to all all things. how will the holy spirit teach different from how jesus taught?

Jesus was a former comforter or something else was. All that have taught before the non speaking holy spirit have really taught by speaking up. We at least know some things they taught, not all and some have been compromised, too.

if Jesus lead to all truth, he will be tell us that the another comforter will, because that will be redundant. so what did the another comforter teach the disciple? what is the another comforter teaching you if you are saying that Jesus said he will teach you?

give me example of the teaching of the another comforter about marriage, since Jesus didn't teach you anything about this?

show it to me in the books of the works of the another comforter. we know that the gospels are supposed to be work of Jesus. so show us the work of the another comforter.

(1) (Reply)

A Bondslave And A Freeman / For Those Of You Talking Shit About T.B. Joshua,check This Out!!! / The true God is not an authur of confussion, please avoid religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.