Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,341 members, 7,829,866 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

Why Is There Sun In The Space And The Space Is Still Very Dark - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Why Is There Sun In The Space And The Space Is Still Very Dark (22366 Views)

Inside The Space Hotel Scheduled To Open In 2025 (Pictures) / Alexei Leonov Dies! The First Human Ever To Walk In Space Is Dead (Photos) / A Halo (Rainbow Around A Sun) In Kaduna, Nigeria (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is There Sun In The Space And The Space Is Still Very Dark by BluntCrazeMan: 11:57am On Apr 29
There is no refraction and diffusion of light in space..

The Earth's atmosphere absorbs and diffuses the sunlight.. Thus, we see things because of the atmosphere.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is There Sun In The Space And The Space Is Still Very Dark by 99thEnemy(m): 11:57am On Apr 29
papyjaypaul:
Is it just me that your last picture played with Scroll down, scroll up and see the black hole move
Its just an optical illusion
Re: Why Is There Sun In The Space And The Space Is Still Very Dark by DOptical: 11:58am On Apr 29
Not strange. It's simply Obatala and Oduduwa cosmos creation📌 These formed the universe, including the earth!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is There Sun In The Space And The Space Is Still Very Dark by 99thEnemy(m): 11:59am On Apr 29
Wizpa:
These are the kind of topics we need on front page

NOT
See the Yam and Egg sauce I prepared this morning for 500 naira or
Between a man with 6 packs and a man with money which do you prefer undecided
Did Ahnie aka caaz offend you today?
Re: Why Is There Sun In The Space And The Space Is Still Very Dark by Ikem11(m): 12:00pm On Apr 29
MrJames007:
Vehicles' headlights point at one direction. Does the sun face only one direction

Actually the sun travels in straight line
Re: Why Is There Sun In The Space And The Space Is Still Very Dark by CodeTemplar: 12:01pm On Apr 29
God had to say "let there be light" before light came be on earth.
Re: Why Is There Sun In The Space And The Space Is Still Very Dark by ClassicNairan: 12:01pm On Apr 29
Wizpa:

NOT

Lol Ya..... Though I knew, but it's very educative
Re: Why Is There Sun In The Space And The Space Is Still Very Dark by Pootle: 12:01pm On Apr 29
geography my best subject, was fascinated about astronomy at a younger age but nigeria happen to me.\

i so much love geography i added it to my subject as a commercial student

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is There Sun In The Space And The Space Is Still Very Dark by Riskymarvelous(m): 12:01pm On Apr 29
Yankee101:
When you’re driving at night and you shine your headlights, only the pathway of the rays is lighted
The same way with space and stars (suns)
small pikin thinking 🤔🤔🤔 try to verify before you say it
Re: Why Is There Sun In The Space And The Space Is Still Very Dark by Pitssbull: 12:04pm On Apr 29
Interesting one.

Is your Vocabulary good?
Do you enjoying Chatting into the far night.
Do you like helping people with enquiries.
If yes their's a business you can venture into that will pay you well for these qualities.
Send a message to
moneyvirtual74@gmail.com
Re: Why Is There Sun In The Space And The Space Is Still Very Dark by Autobot05: 12:04pm On Apr 29
Yankee101:
When you’re driving at night and you shine your headlights, only the pathway of the rays is lighted

I think the first picture explains what you mean right ??
Re: Why Is There Sun In The Space And The Space Is Still Very Dark by JoeEeL(m): 12:06pm On Apr 29
Wizpa:

NOT

But apc-induced owu don blow nigerians pa.

Them no get choice than to find succour online.

Meanwhile, where is your answer to OP's question? cheesy
Re: Why Is There Sun In The Space And The Space Is Still Very Dark by Emusan(m): 12:09pm On Apr 29
xynerise:
The space is too vast for the sun to cover. The sun is just like a pinch of sand compare to our galaxy alone

But how many Sun are in the same galaxy?
Re: Why Is There Sun In The Space And The Space Is Still Very Dark by Akalia(m): 12:10pm On Apr 29
3exe3:
The blue sky we also see is a dark space
The blue sky is part of our vast milky way Galaxy.
Re: Why Is There Sun In The Space And The Space Is Still Very Dark by baretalk: 12:11pm On Apr 29
The vast distance in between is why...we are able to see these wide area of space, because we are so far away...if you get closer to the Sun, in the outer space of the cosmos...you will see the space around the sun is bright and very hot. It's due to distance of our viewing position.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is There Sun In The Space And The Space Is Still Very Dark by xynerise: 12:11pm On Apr 29
Emusan:

Sun is a dwarf star. The smallest star
Re: Why Is There Sun In The Space And The Space Is Still Very Dark by riverbird: 12:12pm On Apr 29
Light needs a medium to show presence and space is made of nothingness.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is There Sun In The Space And The Space Is Still Very Dark by Emusan(m): 12:13pm On Apr 29
BluntCrazeMan:
There is no refraction and diffusion of light in space..

The Earth's atmosphere absorbs and diffuses the sunlight.. Thus, we see things because of the atmosphere.

But the space is not completely empty.

Also, must there be atmosphere before refraction and diffusion will occur?

How come Moon can reflect Sun light is such a brighter way despite that it doesn't have a stable atmosphere compare to earth?

1 Like

Re: Why Is There Sun In The Space And The Space Is Still Very Dark by Katcall: 12:13pm On Apr 29
GanagiBitrus:
I no go lie, Still not clear after reading the article. sad

Not same - you headlight beams in one direction, but Sun shines in all directions.
The Sun's light is vast. Don't compare it to ordinary headlight. Fool
Re: Why Is There Sun In The Space And The Space Is Still Very Dark by Akalia(m): 12:14pm On Apr 29
Emusan:

Our galaxy is called milky way and it contains around 100-400 billion stars of which our own sun is among. The closest star to our sun is called proxima centauri.
Out galaxy-milky way Galaxy contains uncountable number of planets as well

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is There Sun In The Space And The Space Is Still Very Dark by Emusan(m): 12:14pm On Apr 29
xynerise:

This didn't answer my question, how many SUNS are in our galaxy?
Re: Why Is There Sun In The Space And The Space Is Still Very Dark by Dukssak(m): 12:14pm On Apr 29
Space doesn't have atmosphere
Re: Why Is There Sun In The Space And The Space Is Still Very Dark by EMILO2STAY(m): 12:14pm On Apr 29
Yankee101:
now what you said is true. but what you do not realize is the fact that the sun is just like that head lamp of a car, which is pointed at one direct at a time. this proves what I have been saying since that the sun is not a ball of burning gas, shinning on all directions, but a flat light shining in one direction and it has a sun spot/ pointer just like a torch light pointing directly at the equetorial regions. reason the equatorial regions are hotter

1 Like

Re: Why Is There Sun In The Space And The Space Is Still Very Dark by baretalk: 12:15pm On Apr 29
Emusan:

But the space is not completely empty.

Also, must there be atmosphere before refraction and diffusion will occur?

How come Moon can reflect Sun light is such a brighter way despite that it doesn't have a stable atmosphere compare to earth?

Space is endless...there are vast amounts of spaces in between stars.
Re: Why Is There Sun In The Space And The Space Is Still Very Dark by otagbuegede: 12:16pm On Apr 29
This question is borne out of curiosity.

First, you need to understand that space as you called it is unimaginably vast.

The sun is just like a little candle stick in a small portion of a part of you sitting room.

You have many rooms in your house and their many houses in your estate with many estate in your city and so many cities in your state.

Remember their are many othe candles in other rooms in your house and other houses and so on

So ask yourself if that little candle in your sitting room can provide light to all other rooms in other houses in your street talk less of the rest of other estates and so on.

The Sun (Sol) is the only star in our solar system
Their are billions of other stars with other bodies within our galaxy (the milky way alone) and lastly their are billions of other galaxy within our universe.

Pardon

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is There Sun In The Space And The Space Is Still Very Dark by Emusan(m): 12:16pm On Apr 29
Akalia:
Our galaxy is called milky way and it contains around 100-400 billion stars of which our own sun is along. The closest star to our sun is called proxima centauri.
Out galaxy-milky way Galaxy contains uncountable number of planets as well

Waooo with around 400 Billions stars, there shouldn't be anything like night in our galaxy.
Re: Why Is There Sun In The Space And The Space Is Still Very Dark by Emusan(m): 12:17pm On Apr 29
baretalk:

Space is endless...there are vast amounts of spaces in between stars.

So how do you know this?
Re: Why Is There Sun In The Space And The Space Is Still Very Dark by Steep(m): 12:17pm On Apr 29
The sun is an average star and there are approximately 100 billion stars in the milky way galaxy. There are stars that hundreds of times bigger than the sun. There are approximately 2 trillion galaxies in the observable universe, each having billions of stars in them. The observable universe is just a speck of the actual size of the universe which is currently unknown.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is There Sun In The Space And The Space Is Still Very Dark by Akalia(m): 12:18pm On Apr 29
xynerise:

I don't think the sun is the smallest star but I sure do know that there are super giant stars which scientists have discovered example is the Stephenson 5:18. It is believed by space researchers that Stephenson 5:18 can fit upto 1 million of our sun.
Re: Why Is There Sun In The Space And The Space Is Still Very Dark by Steep(m): 12:20pm On Apr 29
Emusan:

Waooo with around 400 Billions stars, there shouldn't be anything like night in our galaxy.
That is because space is unimaginably large and it is expanding faster than the speed of light so that light from distant galaxies can never catch up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is There Sun In The Space And The Space Is Still Very Dark by Emusan(m): 12:21pm On Apr 29
Steep:
That is because space is unimaginably large and it is expanding faster than the speed of light.

How do you know this?
Re: Why Is There Sun In The Space And The Space Is Still Very Dark by Akalia(m): 12:22pm On Apr 29
Emusan:

You missed it.
Those other stars have their own solar systems in which a number of planets revolve around them in an order very similar to the 8 planets revolving around the sun in our solar system.
Mind you the astronomical distance between these stars are mind blowing huge. Measured in light year. 1 light year is around. 5.88 trillion miles of distance.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya / AAD 2016: Proforce Ready To Begin Ara MRAP Production / Different Types Of Stars.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.