Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,464 members, 7,830,331 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

Woman Rejoices As She Gets Pregnant At 56, Gives Birth To Twins After 26 Years - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Woman Rejoices As She Gets Pregnant At 56, Gives Birth To Twins After 26 Years (21138 Views)

Surrogacy: Grandmother, 56 Gives Birth To Her Son And Daughter-In-law’s Baby / Woman Gives Birth To A Baby 5 Months After Giving Birth To Twins In Lagos (Photo / Nine Nurses In The Same Labour Unit All Pregnant At Same Time In Maine Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Rejoices As She Gets Pregnant At 56, Gives Birth To Twins After 26 Years by eyesoflagos: 2:12pm On Apr 29
Woman over the moon as she gets pregnant at 56, gives birth to twins after 26 years

After waiting 26 years, a 56-year-old woman has gained a lot of attention online when she gives birth to twin boys.

The remarkable tale, which has drawn in millions of viewers worldwide, was told in a popular video that user @vitamin_deb1212 posted on TikTok.

The happy mother holding her newborn sons was shown in the video clip, which rapidly went viral on social media, along with a cheering group of well-wishers. Eyes Of Lagos reports,

Woman over the moon as she gets pregnant at 56, gives birth to twins after 26 years

According to reports, the woman had last given birth over two decades ago, and had been yearning for more children ever since.

Her long-awaited dream finally came to fruition when, at the age of 56, she discovered she was pregnant – and to her delight, with twins.

“Your mother gave birth to twin boys after 26 years at the age of 56,” the video caption read.

Netizens Reactions…

@vitaminfaith said; “Big congratulations.”

@la_tho_nia commented; “Just know say na your children be that.”

@siaemmanuella remarked; “Miracle nor dey tire Jesus Amen.”

@Spotless Queen said; “Congratulations darling. The kids are bouncing and beautiful. God never fails.”

@Zainab said; “God will do my aunt’s own too.”

@cecelonia930 said; “They are so cute.”

@Favour Richie said; “Make my mama no try am o. I no get power to train pikin yet.”

@Winner Geoffrey said; “Congratulations dear. But I like una area people, so happy.”

@Sugarplumsuagar8 said; “I’m the only only child of my parents and my Mom is 52 years old, God pls do this one for me too. The insult is too much in my family and am tired to stay alone without any sibling.”

https://eyesoflagos.com/2024/04/29/woman-over-the-moon-as-she-gets-pregnant-at-56-gives-birth-to-twins-after-26-years/

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Rejoices As She Gets Pregnant At 56, Gives Birth To Twins After 26 Years by Iremis: 2:20pm On Apr 29
At 56 ?

3 Likes

Re: Woman Rejoices As She Gets Pregnant At 56, Gives Birth To Twins After 26 Years by vastolord4(m): 2:46pm On Apr 29
Congratulations

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Rejoices As She Gets Pregnant At 56, Gives Birth To Twins After 26 Years by Badgers14: 2:46pm On Apr 29
Congratulations to her

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Rejoices As She Gets Pregnant At 56, Gives Birth To Twins After 26 Years by nairalanda1(m): 2:46pm On Apr 29
Iremis:
At 56 ?

IVF and hormones makes it so.

Here is how it probably went...she probably got some of her eggs stored years ago, and every now and then tried IVF with her hubby, and it worked after several rounds.

The world record is 69 years old , by one indian woman. (Yes, she was severely criticised for doing so).

(Just checked, she was 73.)

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Woman Rejoices As She Gets Pregnant At 56, Gives Birth To Twins After 26 Years by segun18(m): 2:46pm On Apr 29
Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Woman Rejoices As She Gets Pregnant At 56, Gives Birth To Twins After 26 Years by socialmediaman: 2:46pm On Apr 29
The surrogate in the background while she's putting on the fake pregnancy belly

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Rejoices As She Gets Pregnant At 56, Gives Birth To Twins After 26 Years by saddler: 2:47pm On Apr 29
Na wa.

56 years old woman still dey nack?

At 56 her kpekus should have gone to retirement.

1 Like

Re: Woman Rejoices As She Gets Pregnant At 56, Gives Birth To Twins After 26 Years by sofeo(m): 2:47pm On Apr 29
Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Woman Rejoices As She Gets Pregnant At 56, Gives Birth To Twins After 26 Years by Ttipsy(f): 2:47pm On Apr 29
Congratulations

It is worth Waiting

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Rejoices As She Gets Pregnant At 56, Gives Birth To Twins After 26 Years by Donaldoni: 2:47pm On Apr 29
Congratulations
There is nothing God cannot do.
Sarah gave birth at 90 years old.

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Woman Rejoices As She Gets Pregnant At 56, Gives Birth To Twins After 26 Years by slaawomirr: 2:47pm On Apr 29
Damnnn niggar

Make una nor dey whine us

We know wetin happen

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Woman Rejoices As She Gets Pregnant At 56, Gives Birth To Twins After 26 Years by ednut1(m): 2:47pm On Apr 29
No mention of IVF

32 Likes

Re: Woman Rejoices As She Gets Pregnant At 56, Gives Birth To Twins After 26 Years by surrogatesng: 2:48pm On Apr 29
Thanks to IVF.To learn more of surrogacy and IVF visit http://nigeriansurrogates.com/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Rejoices As She Gets Pregnant At 56, Gives Birth To Twins After 26 Years by mrvitalis(m): 2:48pm On Apr 29
This is not a miracle or work of prayer this is science

IVF

If you are looking for a child and have money stop praying and work with your doctor

Happy for her tho

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Rejoices As She Gets Pregnant At 56, Gives Birth To Twins After 26 Years by STEWpid(f): 2:48pm On Apr 29
Chai..

That's a miracle child.

Happy for you Madam.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Rejoices As She Gets Pregnant At 56, Gives Birth To Twins After 26 Years by jeff1993: 2:49pm On Apr 29
That's how they will be lying upandan upandan .....

Did u get preg the normal way?? .... why not mention IVF. You had to wait till u have exhausted all option before u thought of IVF. I wonder how long the husband has been waiting ehn.

If na me be the husband, sharp sharp I don impregnate woman for outside, or i don even adopt sef. Na me go com dey train pikin for old age?

4 Likes

Re: Woman Rejoices As She Gets Pregnant At 56, Gives Birth To Twins After 26 Years by haybhi1(m): 2:50pm On Apr 29
Congratulations.

Let's just hope they're healthy and free from conditions like down syndrome, because of the risk of congenital issues associated with females birthing at later years, especially >35 year old. Unfortunately, it takes some time of development to realize a baby has congenital abnormality most times.

5 Likes

Re: Woman Rejoices As She Gets Pregnant At 56, Gives Birth To Twins After 26 Years by 1opinion: 2:50pm On Apr 29
Must everything be ivf?
Miracle still do happen,
Some persons before they clock 50 menopause has set in, why for some it happens in their mid 50's... If you do your research more, you would know that, the chances of having twins increases more as one get older.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Rejoices As She Gets Pregnant At 56, Gives Birth To Twins After 26 Years by seanery: 2:51pm On Apr 29
She go claim sey na god give her o.

IVF or artificial insemination.

Nothing biggie

2 Likes

Re: Woman Rejoices As She Gets Pregnant At 56, Gives Birth To Twins After 26 Years by Dukssak(m): 2:52pm On Apr 29
Congrats
Re: Woman Rejoices As She Gets Pregnant At 56, Gives Birth To Twins After 26 Years by spiceadole: 2:52pm On Apr 29
nairalanda1:

IVF and hormones makes it so.

Here is how it probably went...she probably got some of her eggs stored years ago, and every now and then tried IVF with her hubby, and it worked after several rounds.

The world record is 69 years old , by one indian woman. (Yes, she was severely criticised for doing so).

(Just checked, she was 73.)

May not be her eggs...Most use egg donors..Legit.
Congratulations to the family

1 Like

Re: Woman Rejoices As She Gets Pregnant At 56, Gives Birth To Twins After 26 Years by Tallesty1(m): 2:53pm On Apr 29
saddler:
Na wa.

You are sick in the head, very sick

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Rejoices As She Gets Pregnant At 56, Gives Birth To Twins After 26 Years by nairalanda1(m): 2:54pm On Apr 29
spiceadole:

May not be her eggs...Most use egg donors..Legit.
Congratulations to the family

Yes, but she can store her eggs/human eggs can be stored under the right conditions, for years even.

Maximum is ten years...which means she could have stored her eggs at 45 years, and gotten pregnant via IVF at 55....and given birth at 56.

A woman can potentially produce eggs till she stops menstruating, maximally at 55 years really.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Rejoices As She Gets Pregnant At 56, Gives Birth To Twins After 26 Years by Goodlady(f): 2:54pm On Apr 29
What God cannot do does not exist

3 Likes

Re: Woman Rejoices As She Gets Pregnant At 56, Gives Birth To Twins After 26 Years by spiceadole: 2:54pm On Apr 29
jeff1993:

Did u get preg the normal way?? .... why not mention IVF. You had to wait till u have exhausted all option before u thought of IVF. I wonder how long the husband has been waiting ehn.

If na me be the husband, sharp sharp I don impregnate woman for outside, or i don even adopt sef. Na me go com dey train pikin for old age?

Have you ever considered male factor infertility?
It's the leading cause of subfertility among couples.
That's why the man waited..
He knows he can't impregnate a woman naturally..He had to be calm and patient for IVF to work.

Most IVF are as a result of male factor infertility as there is no really cure to it

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Rejoices As She Gets Pregnant At 56, Gives Birth To Twins After 26 Years by Babangidapikin: 2:57pm On Apr 29
Congratulations
Re: Woman Rejoices As She Gets Pregnant At 56, Gives Birth To Twins After 26 Years by BigDawsNet: 2:57pm On Apr 29
Congratulations
Re: Woman Rejoices As She Gets Pregnant At 56, Gives Birth To Twins After 26 Years by FireUpNow(m): 2:58pm On Apr 29
saddler:
Na wa.

Not the kpekus of a woman who is trying to get children of her own. Tell that to women who have given birth before her age.

1 Like

Re: Woman Rejoices As She Gets Pregnant At 56, Gives Birth To Twins After 26 Years by papyjaypaul: 2:59pm On Apr 29
jeff1993:

Was a child birthed or not? What does it matter to you if she birthed naturally or unnaturally? This is how people ask if a woman gives birth through CS. WHAT is your damn business in that

You shame people for solutions you cannot provide. Let people live the joys they want. A man shoots his shot at 80 but no one asks why he does so. You say the woman is too old, what do grandmas do at the end of the day? Is it not taking care of their grandkids? I have fears for her about what a child can do to her health when they are teenagers and start making life decisions but I am not her doctor. Women are maternal, let her live her materbal instinct. Your solution to sleep outside does not solve her problem, so just leave her if you don't have solutions to her problems. You are not her husband and he didn't ask you for solution. Let people live with their choices, it doesn't need to suit you.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Rejoices As She Gets Pregnant At 56, Gives Birth To Twins After 26 Years by Sccarrr: 2:59pm On Apr 29
Lol..if u beat her pikin..u don enta gobe.

Congrats to the family btw, may God be with them

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do We Justify The Actions Of Philandering Men? / Mother Of 7 Docked For Abducting Another Woman’s Husband / Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.