Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,316 members, 7,829,759 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

CCPT Has Intervened To Prevent Multichoice From Raising Subscription Fee - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / CCPT Has Intervened To Prevent Multichoice From Raising Subscription Fee (25323 Views)

Tribunal Stops Multichoice From Increasing Tariffs / Dstv/gotv increase subscription fee Effective From June 2020 / Court Stops Multichoice From Increasing Dstv Subscription Rates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CCPT Has Intervened To Prevent Multichoice From Raising Subscription Fee by GloriousGbola: 7:13pm On Apr 29
This is bs. Dstv is not an essential service. It is not a basic need. The only way to reduce dstvs cost is to introduce competition

Anything else is an abuse of the free market, and people are watching

6 Likes

Re: CCPT Has Intervened To Prevent Multichoice From Raising Subscription Fee by GanagiBitrus: 7:13pm On Apr 29
If they have Legal Powers to enforce price control, why not use such powers on prices of other items that are going high, especially essential ones.

DSTV is not an essential service, so one can stop subscribing or opt for alternative.

1 Like

Re: CCPT Has Intervened To Prevent Multichoice From Raising Subscription Fee by Oxb90: 7:14pm On Apr 29
Make una make gotv and dstv pay as you go. That's all.
Re: CCPT Has Intervened To Prevent Multichoice From Raising Subscription Fee by kclee(m): 7:14pm On Apr 29
Some Nigerians with Negativity mentality. Every Good and bad action/inaction from govt or it's agency nah Bad thing...
Re: CCPT Has Intervened To Prevent Multichoice From Raising Subscription Fee by Blazetrailer: 7:15pm On Apr 29
Stupid move though...this is supposed to be a free economy as we have been told....if the govt. claims to be encouraging willing buyer and willing seller in forex market(which we know is a lie)...why are they then regulating how others sell their products in an inflationary economy?

1 Like

Re: CCPT Has Intervened To Prevent Multichoice From Raising Subscription Fee by Enemyofpeace: 7:16pm On Apr 29
This is not fear at all. DSTV as a community has the right to increase their subscriptions as required. They're not forcing anyone to subscribe or do business with them. When did they not interfere with Dangote's price of cement?

2 Likes

Re: CCPT Has Intervened To Prevent Multichoice From Raising Subscription Fee by Akalia(m): 7:16pm On Apr 29
DrAda:
This is simply ridiculous. There are a dozen and one items that have been on the increase and that includes fuel,but by all means, let's ignore all that and focus on multichoice.
So because you can afford the tariff increase you don't care about others like my humble self who can't? That's very callous of you doctor Ada
Re: CCPT Has Intervened To Prevent Multichoice From Raising Subscription Fee by hardknocksng(m): 7:16pm On Apr 29
To beat them, allow others to compete with them.

That’s how to send them home ..

1 Like

Re: CCPT Has Intervened To Prevent Multichoice From Raising Subscription Fee by back2sender: 7:17pm On Apr 29
EmeeNaka:
Is this not interference in their freedom of legitimate business operations ? Do they want the business to wind up?

Why didn't this lawyer do same against Nerc on tariff increase?

1 Like

Re: CCPT Has Intervened To Prevent Multichoice From Raising Subscription Fee by Bolu004(m): 7:17pm On Apr 29
EmeeNaka:
Is this not interference in their freedom of legitimate business operations ? Do they want the business to wind up?

Kindly compare their bouquet price in South Africa even though it's PAYGo then come back here an argue sir.
Re: CCPT Has Intervened To Prevent Multichoice From Raising Subscription Fee by ZIAZI(m): 7:17pm On Apr 29
How many Nigerians use DSTV, and can it be compared to the number of those who use petrol?
I mean, we can do without DSTV jare.

What have the regulators done to prevent the indiscriminate hike of petroleum products and power as of today? We keep majoring in the minor.

Telecom coys on the other hand are thinking of increasing tariff for their products and services.

DSTV just dey misbehave. Wetin dem need na serious competition wey go make their gra gra reduce.
Re: CCPT Has Intervened To Prevent Multichoice From Raising Subscription Fee by Akalia(m): 7:19pm On Apr 29
Enemyofpeace:
This is not fear at all. DSTV as a community has the right to increase their subscriptions as required. They're not forcing anyone to subscribe or do business with them. When did they not interfere with Dangote's price of cement?
Listen, multichoice is not absolutely autonomous such that their business activities can't be regulated in a foreign country. Even in their indigenous clime, they are under regulatory oversight.
Re: CCPT Has Intervened To Prevent Multichoice From Raising Subscription Fee by Cmanforall: 7:20pm On Apr 29
olatade:

https://thenationonlineng.net/just-in-tribunal-stops-multichoice-from-increasing-dstv-gotv-subscription-rates/

NTA should go buy Premier and Champions leagues airing licenses grin

Multichoice is business company
Re: CCPT Has Intervened To Prevent Multichoice From Raising Subscription Fee by BigkokoRep: 7:20pm On Apr 29
A most outrageous ruling! What right does a court has to fix price for a privately owned business? If it's too expensive, stop using it! Tufiakwaaaa this kind of people.

Dem bury una planceta with DStv? That's how y'all were glued to foreign Carriers ripping y'all off until a local Carrier entered the route!

If DStv is expensive, that alone is an opening for one or two of these crooks with lots of stolen funds to set up a viable alternative! That's how Al Jazeera came onboard to rival BBC, DW, CNN, Fox etc.... today, they're doing well!

Yahaya Bello and co with lots of Naira stuck up somewhere...bros Seyi buying expensive watches...make una set up companies in virtually all sectors with foreign dominance....well, those with easy access to our commonwealth won't heed this Advisory.

If you don't know how to start, or run it, that's why Bigkoko is here for you! Forget political difference, I treat clients confidentially and with utmost respect!

1 Like

Re: CCPT Has Intervened To Prevent Multichoice From Raising Subscription Fee by DrAda(f): 7:20pm On Apr 29
Akalia:
So because you can afford the tariff increase you don't care about others like my humble self who can't? That's very callous of you doctor Ada

You failed to understand the underlying meaning of my post but don't let it stop you from accusing me of what I know nothing about
Re: CCPT Has Intervened To Prevent Multichoice From Raising Subscription Fee by Xpol: 7:22pm On Apr 29
EmeeNaka:
Nothing dey please humans.

I'm sure you're part of the people criticizing them for increasing it earlier.

2 Likes

Re: CCPT Has Intervened To Prevent Multichoice From Raising Subscription Fee by Mandate1: 7:22pm On Apr 29
EmeeNaka:
I no just understand this country.

2 Likes

Re: CCPT Has Intervened To Prevent Multichoice From Raising Subscription Fee by Bimpe29: 7:24pm On Apr 29
Okay
Re: CCPT Has Intervened To Prevent Multichoice From Raising Subscription Fee by MrJames007: 7:24pm On Apr 29
jmoore:
They allowed DISCOs to increase prices but they don't want DSTV to increase their prices.
Epitome of nonsense!
Point.
Re: CCPT Has Intervened To Prevent Multichoice From Raising Subscription Fee by Enemyofpeace: 7:25pm On Apr 29
Akalia:
Listen, multichoice is not absolutely autonomous such that their business activities can't be regulated in a foreign country. Even in their indigenous clime, they are under regulatory oversight.
why is the same not be applied to Dangote?

1 Like

Re: CCPT Has Intervened To Prevent Multichoice From Raising Subscription Fee by bobbiiee: 7:28pm On Apr 29
Subscription is not by force.
Re: CCPT Has Intervened To Prevent Multichoice From Raising Subscription Fee by Akalia(m): 7:29pm On Apr 29
DrAda:

You failed to understand the underlying meaning of my post but don't let it stop you from accusing me of what I know nothing about
What's your argument Dr? With all respect why are you putting up a defence on behalf of multichoice? What underlying meaning was your post trying to convey? Please make me understand?
Re: CCPT Has Intervened To Prevent Multichoice From Raising Subscription Fee by ttobizz(m): 7:29pm On Apr 29
Fvck all yo
Re: CCPT Has Intervened To Prevent Multichoice From Raising Subscription Fee by spartachico(m): 7:30pm On Apr 29
Thank you oo CCPT
I HOPE THEY HEED AND IF THEM NO HEED ABEG MAKE UNA CHASE THEM OUTTA TOWN
Re: CCPT Has Intervened To Prevent Multichoice From Raising Subscription Fee by Heffalump(m): 7:33pm On Apr 29
baretalk:
Multi choice should be made to use pay as you use system, under regulated metrics...

Thank you. With pay as you view, I wouldn't mind their fees increase. They are taking advantage of the porous Nigeria system, where government officials take bribe and allow a service provider to milk the masses.
Nonsense!

DSTV that I know will still increase the fees anyway. Very heartless company. I blame ourselves for enduring a monopoly as DSTV.

1 Like

Re: CCPT Has Intervened To Prevent Multichoice From Raising Subscription Fee by teewhydope(m): 7:33pm On Apr 29
Xpol:
Nothing dey please humans.

I'm sure you're part of the people criticizing them for increasing it earlier.

Most Nigerians are confused, they don't really know what they want

1 Like

Re: CCPT Has Intervened To Prevent Multichoice From Raising Subscription Fee by janvier27(m): 7:34pm On Apr 29
They have implemented the increase
Re: CCPT Has Intervened To Prevent Multichoice From Raising Subscription Fee by Saao(m): 7:34pm On Apr 29
Useless people, where were the tribunal when tinubu increase fuel?
Re: CCPT Has Intervened To Prevent Multichoice From Raising Subscription Fee by ednut1(m): 7:41pm On Apr 29
1kingsize:
It's high time they break their monopoly
and put NTA there? Go and ask HITV how market

1 Like

Re: CCPT Has Intervened To Prevent Multichoice From Raising Subscription Fee by dvson1: 7:43pm On Apr 29
The new price will still eventually take effect infact, soon
Re: CCPT Has Intervened To Prevent Multichoice From Raising Subscription Fee by Oracle411: 7:43pm On Apr 29
jmoore:
They allowed DISCOs to increase prices but they don't want DSTV to increase their prices.
Epitome of nonsense!

U can pay the new price na

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Alec Baldwin Shooting: What You Should Know About "Prop Guns" / BBNaija: Mixed Reactions Over Addition Of New Housemates / Bbnaija: 2 Evicted Housemates Will Return To The House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.