Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,331 members, 7,829,844 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

CCPT Has Intervened To Prevent Multichoice From Raising Subscription Fee - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / CCPT Has Intervened To Prevent Multichoice From Raising Subscription Fee (25324 Views)

Tribunal Stops Multichoice From Increasing Tariffs / Dstv/gotv increase subscription fee Effective From June 2020 / Court Stops Multichoice From Increasing Dstv Subscription Rates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CCPT Has Intervened To Prevent Multichoice From Raising Subscription Fee by fasbat(m): 7:44pm On Apr 29
olatade:

https://thenationonlineng.net/just-in-tribunal-stops-multichoice-from-increasing-dstv-gotv-subscription-rates/
no sensible organization should plead with multichoice,they should stood their ground and insist on the new rates, it's not by force to subscribe,if you like,come and remove your decoder! I will not pay a dime, I don't have power for 10 days now, a friend was lamenting that he did subscription whilst no public power in our area, DSTV, you have passed your usefulness
Re: CCPT Has Intervened To Prevent Multichoice From Raising Subscription Fee by Anonimoux: 7:44pm On Apr 29
This country and misplaced priorities ehn.. tufiakwa
Re: CCPT Has Intervened To Prevent Multichoice From Raising Subscription Fee by DrAda(f): 7:44pm On Apr 29
Akalia:
What's your argument Dr? With all respect why are you putting up a defence on behalf of multichoice? What underlying meaning was your post trying to convey? Please make me understand?

My first post was heavily laced with sarcasm. In other words, we share similar views
Re: CCPT Has Intervened To Prevent Multichoice From Raising Subscription Fee by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 7:45pm On Apr 29
EmeeNaka:
Is this not interference in their freedom of legitimate business operations ? Do they want the business to wind up?
it's not uNa fault, Nigerians take anything thrown at them, that's why loud mouth like you can talk anyhow, which nonsense business are you talking about, the rate at which multichoice and MTN are exploiting Nigerians has no part two, several billion of dollars in cash flight out of Nigeria yet SA people will continue to attack Nigerian interest in SA. Left for me, all South Africa business should leave Nigeria
Re: CCPT Has Intervened To Prevent Multichoice From Raising Subscription Fee by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 7:46pm On Apr 29
EmeeNaka:
Is this not interference in their freedom of legitimate business operations ? Do they want the business to wind up?
it's not uNa fault, Nigerians take anything thrown at them, that's why loud mouth like you can talk anyhow, which nonsense business are you talking about, the rate at which multichoice and MTN are exploiting Nigerians has no part two, several billion of dollars in cash flight out of Nigeria yet SA people will continue to attack Nigerian interest in SA. Left for me, all South Africa business should leave Nigeria .
Re: CCPT Has Intervened To Prevent Multichoice From Raising Subscription Fee by abobote: 7:46pm On Apr 29
baretalk:
Multi choice should be made to use pay as you use system, under regulated metrics...
This your pay use in a country that doesn't have electricity, how much will they make
Re: CCPT Has Intervened To Prevent Multichoice From Raising Subscription Fee by funmiayodele(f): 7:47pm On Apr 29
What they should do for the masses is to make DSTV/GOTV sub pay as you go. That way people can get valve for their money
Re: CCPT Has Intervened To Prevent Multichoice From Raising Subscription Fee by Greenfusion: 7:47pm On Apr 29
If them like dem intervene or not, one day dem and NEPA go wake up one day and realize say Nigerians don move on without them..... everybody is disposable and dispensable.
Re: CCPT Has Intervened To Prevent Multichoice From Raising Subscription Fee by BigYash: 7:47pm On Apr 29
BlocksNG:
awon ole alagbado. They will take bribe soon..
Ofcourse that is why they are doing this.. When them collect,everywhere go silent..
Re: CCPT Has Intervened To Prevent Multichoice From Raising Subscription Fee by jmoore(m): 7:48pm On Apr 29
Oracle411:

U can pay the new price na
Dey no force gun for my head.

Cable tv is not an essential service.

I don't use DSTV.

The startimes I was managing last year, I have abandoned it because of poor power supply.
Re: CCPT Has Intervened To Prevent Multichoice From Raising Subscription Fee by baretalk: 7:50pm On Apr 29
abobote:

This your pay use in a country that doesn't have electricity, how much will they make
As a citizen, you should be on the side of fair trade dealings for the people. Know where your interests lies.
Re: CCPT Has Intervened To Prevent Multichoice From Raising Subscription Fee by baretalk: 7:51pm On Apr 29
Heffalump:

Thank you. With pay as you view, I wouldn't mind their fees increase. They are taking advance of the porous Nigeria system, where government officials take bribe and allow a service provider to milk the masses.
Nonsense!

DSTV that I know will still increase the fees anyway. Very heartless company. I blame ourselves for enduring a monopoly as DSTV.
Pay as you use, is the fair way.
Re: CCPT Has Intervened To Prevent Multichoice From Raising Subscription Fee by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 7:57pm On Apr 29
There should be competition than telling a business owner how to run his business....

Government should provide other service providers or seek for private services to compete with DSTV...

How Hi TV was closed down is still a surprise to me...
Re: CCPT Has Intervened To Prevent Multichoice From Raising Subscription Fee by torera12345678: 7:58pm On Apr 29
Nigeria is crashing everyday, electricity tariff hike, petroleum price hike and DStv subscription price hike in this same country. God will judge you all
Re: CCPT Has Intervened To Prevent Multichoice From Raising Subscription Fee by Temidayo9(m): 7:59pm On Apr 29
baretalk:
Multi choice should be made to use pay as you use system, under regulated metrics...
That language is non existing in digital television, only exists in telecommunications
Re: CCPT Has Intervened To Prevent Multichoice From Raising Subscription Fee by Judolisco(m): 7:59pm On Apr 29
EmeeNaka:
there are regulatory bodies... Make dem give dem freedom to finish us arbi
Re: CCPT Has Intervened To Prevent Multichoice From Raising Subscription Fee by luluman: 7:59pm On Apr 29
jmoore:
They allowed DISCOs to increase prices but they don't want DSTV to increase their prices.
Epitome of nonsense!
You talk without thinking.
Re: CCPT Has Intervened To Prevent Multichoice From Raising Subscription Fee by baretalk: 8:00pm On Apr 29
Temidayo9:

That language is non existing in digital television, only exists in telecommunications
Fallacy
Re: CCPT Has Intervened To Prevent Multichoice From Raising Subscription Fee by Temidayo9(m): 8:00pm On Apr 29
torera12345678:
Nigeria is crashing everyday, electricity tariff hike, petroleum price hike and DStv subscription price hike in this same country. God will judge you all
The price hike of multichoice service take place all over the country they're operating
Re: CCPT Has Intervened To Prevent Multichoice From Raising Subscription Fee by Babangidapikin: 8:00pm On Apr 29
Light no dey
Fuel no dey
Money no dey
But NTA dey

Shey you never increase we no dey watch better switch to Pay as you View ... because IBEDC no send their father anymore...but at least na Pay as you supply.... He go soon red for their account...
Re: CCPT Has Intervened To Prevent Multichoice From Raising Subscription Fee by adecz: 8:00pm On Apr 29
⭕️⭕️⭕️⭕️

How come it's only DSTV that government
has power in controlling their prices..

They are helpless in controlling prices of
more important things like foodstuff,
Petroleum products, dollars, gas, transportation, electricity, school fees of federal institutions and others..

All these things have gone up by over
300% and nobody spoke up.

Now, ordinary 25% increase of DSTV
and everyone is in battle mode.

We should know that their own costs of
business has also gone up, so, nothing
wrong with this moderate increase..

Government should let DSTV breathe❗️❗️❗️ ⭕️⭕️⭕️⭕️⭕️

1 Like

Re: CCPT Has Intervened To Prevent Multichoice From Raising Subscription Fee by Temidayo9(m): 8:01pm On Apr 29
baretalk:

Fallacy
Mentioned one country that paytv is pay as you go?
Re: CCPT Has Intervened To Prevent Multichoice From Raising Subscription Fee by iswallker(m): 8:01pm On Apr 29
Nazgul:

Their new prices have already been confirmed. Gotv Supa+ is now N15,700 against it's former price of N12,500.

The problem with Nigerians is that we don't speak with one voice. Tribalism really divided us. If not tell me how these criminals would constantly keep exploiting us year in year out and all we can do is to grumble on social media without any action?

Liar - I am about to sub gotv jolli now and the price has not changed (3950)

In any case gotv herself said with effect from May 1 2024...

So how did your own prices change before the date...
Re: CCPT Has Intervened To Prevent Multichoice From Raising Subscription Fee by baretalk: 8:05pm On Apr 29
Temidayo9:

Mentioned one country that paytv is pay as you go?
Bring proof that the pay as you use system is not used in some countries?

You have the burden of proof not me.
Re: CCPT Has Intervened To Prevent Multichoice From Raising Subscription Fee by ufotunang: 8:06pm On Apr 29
But when federal government increased the price of fuel, and electricity .. you did not intervene and stop the government .. hyprocite
Re: CCPT Has Intervened To Prevent Multichoice From Raising Subscription Fee by Temidayo9(m): 8:07pm On Apr 29
baretalk:

Bring proof that the pay as you use system is not used in some countries?

You have the burden of proof not me.
Please mention one country, please I take God beg you, and mentioned the name of the paytv
Re: CCPT Has Intervened To Prevent Multichoice From Raising Subscription Fee by baretalk: 8:09pm On Apr 29
Temidayo9:

Please mention one country, please I take God beg you, and mentioned the name of the paytv
You are empty. You are the one arguing, by now I expect to see any authority from a news paper or magazine stating cable television is outlawed to use pay as you use system...

Otherwise I will take it you are an empty basket, just going round nairaland, arguing baselessly.
Re: CCPT Has Intervened To Prevent Multichoice From Raising Subscription Fee by ufotunang: 8:09pm On Apr 29
LordofNaija:
CCPT wasn't there whe NERC increased electricity tariff grin
...do not mind them..and when government increased the price of fuel they did not stop the government
Re: CCPT Has Intervened To Prevent Multichoice From Raising Subscription Fee by Jeboy(m): 8:11pm On Apr 29
One thing you must know is that DSTV and GoTV are foreign goods just like u order for Gucci, Iphone , Samsung etc.

These guys pay in dollars or whatever forex to get their license. You have a country where forex value on her currency fluctuates at about 10 to 20%. How do you expect them to stay on business given our currency devaluation?

How many of us here have run a biz that involves importation and u pay forex? That's what your DSTV or GOTV is about.

Why don't you quit there service and watch NTA in peace instead of complaining.

Even data prices have increased so why is DSTV and GoTV any different?

Until we start consuming local goods and our import to export ratio is positive expect this scenarios.

1 Like

Re: CCPT Has Intervened To Prevent Multichoice From Raising Subscription Fee by Nazgul: 8:12pm On Apr 29
iswallker:
liar - I am about to sub gotv jolli now and the price has not changed (3950)

In any case gotv herself said with effect from May 1 2024...

So how did your own prices change before the date...
I said their new price adjustments have been confirmed because I also got their message. Go back and read my previous message.

You just confirmed what I said with regards to the price increment which gotv themselves confirmed. Yet you're calling me a liar.

Simple comprehensive English is so difficult for most of you guys on Nairaland.
Re: CCPT Has Intervened To Prevent Multichoice From Raising Subscription Fee by kazma1010(m): 8:12pm On Apr 29
We went pay par view
Re: CCPT Has Intervened To Prevent Multichoice From Raising Subscription Fee by geekay4real(m): 8:14pm On Apr 29
jmoore:
They allowed DISCOs to increase prices but they don't want DSTV to increase their prices.
Epitome of nonsense!

Many will just prefer to say nonsense just because you aren't happy with the person in government.
The price hike only applies to Band A which are majorly business owners. If there could be 20-24 power supply, it is more preferable to be running their business on diesel

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Alec Baldwin Shooting: What You Should Know About "Prop Guns" / BBNaija: Mixed Reactions Over Addition Of New Housemates / Bbnaija: 2 Evicted Housemates Will Return To The House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.