Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,308 members, 7,836,343 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

FG Approves Salary Increase For Civil Servants. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Approves Salary Increase For Civil Servants. (55646 Views)

No Presidential Approval For Salary Increase For Political & Judicial Officials / RMAFC Approves 114% Salary Increase For Tinubu, Shettima, Govs, Others / FG Hints At Salary Increase For Civil Servants, Uncovers ‘5,000’ Ghost Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Approves Salary Increase For Civil Servants. by Khyrvxjzy: 11:06pm On Apr 30
Hotzone:
I stand on 650k or nothing

you wey no get job
Re: FG Approves Salary Increase For Civil Servants. by Antoeni(m): 11:08pm On Apr 30
Ewo ni headlines werey
Kini Tinubu government e shiere ni NTA News
Re: FG Approves Salary Increase For Civil Servants. by Mcslize: 11:10pm On Apr 30
osazsky:
I be civil servant..I am on band A...Benin city..them not dey off light for my area

Abeg, which area for Benin be that?
Re: FG Approves Salary Increase For Civil Servants. by ebbo(m): 11:12pm On Apr 30
This heading is deceptive, to say the least. This 25/35% increment was approved in January 2023. But the FG only started paying last month (March salary) and promised to pay the arrears for two months (ie for Jan and Feb 2023).
This is quite different from the expected increment in the minimum wage of 2024.

1 Like

Re: FG Approves Salary Increase For Civil Servants. by Tonididdyx: 11:18pm On Apr 30
Hotzone:

U b tiff?
Re: FG Approves Salary Increase For Civil Servants. by enumerica: 11:21pm On Apr 30
ejimatic:
This was approved by Buhari in 2023 January.Implemetation began in 2024 March . Arears of Jan to Feb are being paid. The one year arrears will be paid later.

Hi
Re: FG Approves Salary Increase For Civil Servants. by Gireiboy(m): 11:29pm On Apr 30
MEGA4BILLION:
For the people clapping hands, 35% increase on 33,000 current minimum wage is 11,550 which translates to 44,550 new minimum wage.

This is more than wickedness
Salary increment bro! not minimum wage.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Approves Salary Increase For Civil Servants. by favor914: 11:47pm On Apr 30
obi4eze:
How does this increase compensate for the increase in cost of living? Does it make any sense that inflation is now 33.20% yet you increase salary by 25%, with additional increase in electricity tarrif, fuel scarcity, customs duty increase and so on?

As usual, Tinubu's boys will come here to celebrate this increase that will have no positive impact on the average Nigerian.

Everything about this government is just propaganda and celebrating lies and deceit in the name of growth but the plan is to continue to impoverish Nigerians while they smile home with their massive loot.
Please sharap, Ungrateful Thing.

1 Like

Re: FG Approves Salary Increase For Civil Servants. by LOVEGINO(m): 11:53pm On Apr 30
Hotzone:
hope say u dey work.
Re: FG Approves Salary Increase For Civil Servants. by Pacesetter123(m): 11:54pm On Apr 30
chopnaira:

Maybe you think only your salary would go up while other living expenses cost remains stagnant

Everyone that can will also jack up cost of living too. Your landlord will increase your rent to 300k per month. Traders will increase their prices and inflation will go through the roof.
So now that his salary has not been increased to 650k,has the prices of those things you mentioned not increased?

So you rather prefer his salary remain stagnant while the cost of living increases by over 300% as it's currently?

Or what's exactly your point?
Re: FG Approves Salary Increase For Civil Servants. by hartson(m): 12:14am On May 01
axglide:
Jesus Christ is the Lord.

Congratulations
dey play.market women are re-strategizing prices of their goods in the market.They are aware of the increment and will do anything to siphon the money from an average civil servant when they show up in the market .so dont start jumping up in jubilation .
Re: FG Approves Salary Increase For Civil Servants. by Memyselfu2009(m): 12:16am On May 01
GO SOLAR ITS THE WAY OUT

Righthussle:
FG increased Electricity price by 300%
Increase civil servants salary by 25% to 35%
No be witchcraft be that?
Wetin man do man na?

Thunder where you dey ? Wetin you dey wait for? If you no fit strike them, what of their children ? Strike them for mouth, especially the mouth wey suggest say make the salary increase be 25% to 35%.
Re: FG Approves Salary Increase For Civil Servants. by garfield1: 12:26am On May 01
Memyselfu2009:

GO SOLAR ITS THE WAY OUT

Nice
Re: FG Approves Salary Increase For Civil Servants. by abeylee001: 12:41am On May 01
This increments doesn't have value compared with present economic situation. Fuel sky rocketed , Nepa no go area, don't even mention food items. So where's the value APC government?
Re: FG Approves Salary Increase For Civil Servants. by jimmynauty: 12:48am On May 01
chopnaira:
Congrats to the civil servants. That's a sizeable bump.

As usual propaganda
Re: FG Approves Salary Increase For Civil Servants. by garfield1: 1:08am On May 01
abeylee001:
This increments doesn't have value compared with present economic situation. Fuel sky rocketed , Nepa no go area, don't even mention food items. So where's the value APC government?

I wonder what he will announce tomorrow
Re: FG Approves Salary Increase For Civil Servants. by 247man: 1:12am On May 01
2023Blessed:
This should not distract Labour from negotiating a living wage for Nigerian workers

with All these jargons, what is d new minimum wage of Nigeria?
Re: FG Approves Salary Increase For Civil Servants. by wildernessVoice: 3:13am On May 01
SHEGE BANZA
Thank God
He remain my source
Re: FG Approves Salary Increase For Civil Servants. by Usmanovic95(m): 3:19am On May 01
Please I don't know if NYSC ALLAWEE also falls into one of the categories earmarked for the wage increase?
Re: FG Approves Salary Increase For Civil Servants. by bentenny(m): 3:43am On May 01
chopnaira:

What's the inflation rate again? Less than 30% last time I checked.
Less than 30%?
Nah u carry hand push am go below 30%
Lambadorians

Re: FG Approves Salary Increase For Civil Servants. by poiu44: 3:56am On May 01
ThìsGlobe.com
Re: FG Approves Salary Increase For Civil Servants. by bigcasava1(m): 4:05am On May 01
That's what happen in office after working hours, I was deployed on night duty in my office, omo! I say make i do visiting round of the offices, when I came to one of the assistant director office door, I saw a black cat Infront of the door then I tried to scare the cat away so I can continue my journey, omo! I felt my head bigger than my body, my eyes was able to spot the cat laughing at me, hmmm the way I vanished like sonic. The next morning the AD was first to enter his office and he gave me astain warning look . he didn't utter a word. Quickly I just do my handing over, through out that week I was battled with mysterious fever
Re: FG Approves Salary Increase For Civil Servants. by gaskiyamagana: 4:19am On May 01
seunmsg:

After a year that politicians have been enjoying theirs.
Re: FG Approves Salary Increase For Civil Servants. by Love800(m): 4:33am On May 01
What is salary structure?
Phantom233:

Minimum wage is different from salary structure/increments pls.
Re: FG Approves Salary Increase For Civil Servants. by osef(m): 4:46am On May 01
good for those concerned, how does it trickle down to those in the states and local government step up, what is their own structure, a state where the minimum wage is still 18000
Re: FG Approves Salary Increase For Civil Servants. by tballeyy(m): 5:15am On May 01
obi4eze:
How does this increase compensate for the increase in cost of living? Does it make any sense that inflation is now 33.20% yet you increase salary by 25%, with additional increase in electricity tarrif, fuel scarcity, customs duty increase and so on?

As usual, Tinubu's boys will come here to celebrate this increase that will have no positive impact on the average Nigerian.

Everything about this government is just propaganda and celebrating lies and deceit in the name of growth but the plan is to continue to impoverish Nigerians while they smile home with their massive loot.
oga go sleep
Leave story
Re: FG Approves Salary Increase For Civil Servants. by frankgist(m): 5:55am On May 01
25% increase means
Assuming s omeone salary was 50k this means
25/100 ×50000 = 12,500
It is only 12,500 that is added to the persons salary. Implications is that instead of collecting the 50k he/she will be collecting 50,000 + 12,500 =62k.
Isn't this funny considering the current hike in price of commodity every where ..
Re: FG Approves Salary Increase For Civil Servants. by Maj196(m): 6:14am On May 01
For more scam text FG to 419

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Approves Salary Increase For Civil Servants. by Enisam(m): 6:17am On May 01
God bless you Mr President. May u succeed and Nigeria shall be great again🙏
Re: FG Approves Salary Increase For Civil Servants. by ejimatic: 6:26am On May 01
Benovix:

Implementation began in March how? My march and April salary hasn't witnessed any rise.
This is not the new minimum wage .It is salary upgrade that Buhari approved If it is not in your salary ask the IPPIS officer in yiur school .He will tell you what happened so as to capture it fir yiu in May salary
Re: FG Approves Salary Increase For Civil Servants. by 2023Blessed: 7:04am On May 01
247man:

with All these jargons, what is d new minimum wage of Nigeria?
They MW committee are yet to decide on that.
Re: FG Approves Salary Increase For Civil Servants. by Acesexcell(m): 7:07am On May 01
Hmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ifeanyi Ubah Meets Arsene Wenger, Drogba And Israeli PM In Russia (Photos) / Revolution: DSS Arrests Omoyele Sowore / Atiku Reacts To Amaechi's Leaked Tapes 'Insulting Buhari'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.