Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,315 members, 7,836,369 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

FG Announces Free Ride On Port Harcourt-Aba Railway From May 1-4 - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FG Announces Free Ride On Port Harcourt-Aba Railway From May 1-4 (17395 Views)

CCECC: We Have Completed Laying Of Tracks On Port Harcourt-Aba Rail Line / Port Harcourt-Aba-Maiduguri Eastern Railway Corridor Construction Speeds Up / The Poor State Of Port-Harcourt - Aba Train Services (Video, Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Announces Free Ride On Port Harcourt-Aba Railway From May 1-4 by santaclaws: 9:55pm On Apr 30
Re: FG Announces Free Ride On Port Harcourt-Aba Railway From May 1-4 by IPIGSRSHALLOW: 9:55pm On Apr 30
SoNature:
That's commendable but the kinds of refurbished locomotive engines I see here look like they were treated of kwashiorkor. This is not the kinds of trains that cover Lagos to Ibadan.

I hope it doesn't break them in the middle of the forest, thus exposing its passengers to Fulani terrorists who predominantly live in the forest.

On a serious note, the FG should extend it to Enugu, and possibly Onitsha, and see the crazy amount they will be making from that route. The Easterners are serious travellers and business people.

Those train coaches look like something from the 1940s. I hope they will bring in better ones soon.
Re: FG Announces Free Ride On Port Harcourt-Aba Railway From May 1-4 by sparko1(m): 9:56pm On Apr 30
Paystack:
An eyesore.
Train looks like 10th hand scrap they got from Europe after world war ll

And somehow the buses you enter are brand new ones

I don't remember anyone begging to ride, just use your legs, 10th hand! Lol!

Have ever been in a first hand car!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Announces Free Ride On Port Harcourt-Aba Railway From May 1-4 by sparko1(m): 9:59pm On Apr 30
kingsways:
Rubbish!!

Who is interested in that old and antiquated narrow guage train

I strongly urge all those living in ABA and Port Harcourt to reject this evil arrangement by boycotting those antiquated trains

You cannot be renovating an outdated narrow gauge track that was built by the colonial masters over 100 years ago in the 21st century.

God punish the devil!!

Hahaha! You strongly what! Lol!

Don't worry, we will share pictures, there won't be room for crowds.
Re: FG Announces Free Ride On Port Harcourt-Aba Railway From May 1-4 by Lisa290: 10:06pm On Apr 30
That's not a train, that's a locomotive

1 Like

Re: FG Announces Free Ride On Port Harcourt-Aba Railway From May 1-4 by Benwallt(m): 10:08pm On Apr 30
grin grin grin grin
Re: FG Announces Free Ride On Port Harcourt-Aba Railway From May 1-4 by ebufa: 10:11pm On Apr 30
jmoore:
I am interested to know how many hours it will take from Aba to PH. And what is the capacity?

In that janglover locomotive.......it may take 5 hours! Make dem buy better loco and coaches nah! East don suffer sha! The very area where the oil and gas is domiciled!

1 Like

Re: FG Announces Free Ride On Port Harcourt-Aba Railway From May 1-4 by Kay25(m): 10:15pm On Apr 30
Pls no obidients should enter .. they should wait till when obi their president would do his own oo

1 Like

Re: FG Announces Free Ride On Port Harcourt-Aba Railway From May 1-4 by Good2go1: 10:18pm On Apr 30
PH to Aba ordinary is less than 1 hour when road was good
jmoore:
I am interested to know how many hours it will take from Aba to PH. And what is the capacity?
Re: FG Announces Free Ride On Port Harcourt-Aba Railway From May 1-4 by 4laferarri(m): 10:23pm On Apr 30
Thomas and friend kind of Train.

1 Like

Re: FG Announces Free Ride On Port Harcourt-Aba Railway From May 1-4 by 4laferarri(m): 10:23pm On Apr 30
Thomas and friend kind of Train. grin
Re: FG Announces Free Ride On Port Harcourt-Aba Railway From May 1-4 by Light78: 10:28pm On Apr 30
They can do better. I watched a Chinese train, omo, we still have a long way to go.
Re: FG Announces Free Ride On Port Harcourt-Aba Railway From May 1-4 by Seunpapa65: 10:31pm On Apr 30
kingsways:
Rubbish!!

I strongly urge all those living in ABA and Port Harcourt to reject this evil arrangement by boycotting those antiquated trains

You cannot be renovating an outdated narrow gauge track that was built by the colonial masters over 100 years ago in the 21st century.

God punish the devil!!
Yet the price is quite outrageous bus from ABA to pH is 1500 and also fast sef look at the packed iron the call train
Re: FG Announces Free Ride On Port Harcourt-Aba Railway From May 1-4 by Forumites: 10:35pm On Apr 30
Just because Otti is disgracing them. Shame.
Re: FG Announces Free Ride On Port Harcourt-Aba Railway From May 1-4 by Forumites: 10:36pm On Apr 30
Good2go1:
PH to Aba ordinary is less than 1 hour when road was good
45 minutes those days.

1 Like

Re: FG Announces Free Ride On Port Harcourt-Aba Railway From May 1-4 by Ceeblck: 10:45pm On Apr 30
This railway is nonsense with all the money we have in Nigeria look at what they put place
Zoo
Re: FG Announces Free Ride On Port Harcourt-Aba Railway From May 1-4 by mrksquare: 10:48pm On Apr 30
Biodun556:
But some people said Tinubu abandoned rail projects

A contract that the Buhari's government through Amaechi secured before leaving office.
Re: FG Announces Free Ride On Port Harcourt-Aba Railway From May 1-4 by Aleem26(m): 10:52pm On Apr 30
Make I rush book Temmy from Micheal okpara make she con Bleep me from 4th till 6th b that oo 😊 😊😊
Re: FG Announces Free Ride On Port Harcourt-Aba Railway From May 1-4 by adecz: 10:58pm On Apr 30
From which museum in India APC
go pack these Lord Lugard era locomotives fromβ“β“β“πŸš‚πŸš‚πŸš‚
Re: FG Announces Free Ride On Port Harcourt-Aba Railway From May 1-4 by ogunsbanjul(m): 11:00pm On Apr 30
Is very easy to know you, the tribe who doesn't like Nigeria and still in pains because your bloda did not win 2023 presidential election. I feel your pains but wether you like it or not Tinubu till 2031 then to the north. [quote 0703 897 1758 post=129719364]I am interested to know how many hours it will take from Aba to PH. And what is the captoacity?[quote]
Re: FG Announces Free Ride On Port Harcourt-Aba Railway From May 1-4 by Apel147(m): 11:01pm On Apr 30
All this stupidity na just because obi lose elections oooπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜œπŸ˜œπŸ˜œπŸ˜πŸ˜

kingsways:
Rubbish!!

God punish the devil!!

1 Like

Re: FG Announces Free Ride On Port Harcourt-Aba Railway From May 1-4 by Nchenches: 11:02pm On Apr 30
jmoore:

On this Aba-PH narrow gauge railway, it will take far much longer, than going to Lagos-Ibadan on the standard gauge railway. They don't want uniformity in the one Nigeria they crave more than the Romans craved the Roman empire. How can a country be having different railway gauges? That means trains in one side of the country cannot travel to other side of the country. What other countries does that obtain?

1 Like

Re: FG Announces Free Ride On Port Harcourt-Aba Railway From May 1-4 by berrystunn(m): 11:08pm On Apr 30
blamingthedevil:
God Bless President Bola Tinubu
God Bless Federal Republic of Nigeria

Fuel Subsidy Removed
Forex Subsidy Removed
Student Loan in place
Consumer Credit Scheme in place
Grants to NANO Business. ... being disbursed
Third Mainland Bridge - Rehabilitated
Abuja-Keffi-Markurdi Road- Completed
Bodo-Bonny Road - Work resumed
Lagos Ibadan Expressway - Completed
Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway - commenced
Port Harcourt - Maiduguri -completed to Aba
Port Harcourt Refinery - Completed
Dangote Refinery - operational
Onitsha - Enugu expressway - Almost completed
Port Harcourt - Enugu expressway- work in progress
Abuja-Kano Road - Work in progress
Kaduna - Kano Railway - work in progress
State Police - work in progress βœ“
Salary increase for Civil servants doneβœ“

Many many many more

Are you the only one awere of this information, his not in apc whatsapp group chat. Were did you get all this information from? The lie sweet, we go use Ham 2027 elections.
Re: FG Announces Free Ride On Port Harcourt-Aba Railway From May 1-4 by kingsways: 11:26pm On Apr 30
Apel147:
All this stupidity na just because obi lose elections oooπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜œπŸ˜œπŸ˜œπŸ˜πŸ˜

Are you the first to run mad, or madness runs in your family?
Re: FG Announces Free Ride On Port Harcourt-Aba Railway From May 1-4 by Apel147(m): 11:37pm On Apr 30
Obidients never disappoint 😁
They know how to lose like the head πŸ˜œπŸ˜œπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

kingsways:

Are you the first to run mad, or madness runs in your family?
Re: FG Announces Free Ride On Port Harcourt-Aba Railway From May 1-4 by Samtob90(m): 11:41pm On Apr 30
benuejosh:
He is not our President and APC doesn't mean well for Nigeria whatsapp group members should not enter the train. It will be a big shame to them if they enjoy this free train ride. A very big shame.
Not shame but a curse
Re: FG Announces Free Ride On Port Harcourt-Aba Railway From May 1-4 by Clobisman(m): 12:10am On May 01
BeeBeeOoh:

https://thenationonlineng.net/breaking-fg-announces-free-ride-on-port-harcourt-aba-railway/
There is nothing new here, except that maybe some of the rail tracks were repaired. As recent as about 10 years ago this same train was taking passengers from portharcourt to aba.
Re: FG Announces Free Ride On Port Harcourt-Aba Railway From May 1-4 by Ttipsy(f): 12:19am On May 01
AskNgige2:

7hrs
you mean 7hr with locomotives train? Even with speed train won’t take up to 30mns

So I doubt
Re: FG Announces Free Ride On Port Harcourt-Aba Railway From May 1-4 by Curious345: 1:03am On May 01
Not a single Igbo man should enter that garbage train
Re: FG Announces Free Ride On Port Harcourt-Aba Railway From May 1-4 by Xiaohei(m): 1:20am On May 01
Hmm! It’s still commendable sha! But those locomotives don’t look nice from the photos here. Could someone provide us with photos in realtime? Hmm!
Re: FG Announces Free Ride On Port Harcourt-Aba Railway From May 1-4 by Fantastictochi(m): 2:03am On May 01
grin grin grin
Paystack:
An eyesore.
Train looks like 10th hand scrap they got from Europe after world war ll
Re: FG Announces Free Ride On Port Harcourt-Aba Railway From May 1-4 by Everlastingson: 2:55am On May 01
These foolish, criminal and wicked APC lullabys are all diabolically designed to keep the masses sleepy and wretched. This man is actually worse than we knew and thought. More wicked than Nigerians ever imagined. This man is on an evil mission to destroy many. From the very day he was made President the lives of many families nosedived.He keeps tightening the noose on the masses he already impoverished and cares nothing about, and then uses such nonsense as this and so called palliative to keep them drowsy while patting them on the back. Nigerians don't need your deceptive palliative. Keep your skewed palliative but improve the economy and stop mindless looting. He said he'd announce a new minimum wage on 1st May( I never believed them, anyway), now we hear the new wage is no way near. No petrol, no power supply, no food, no security, no money, no nothing. But they have trillions for unnecessary Coastal Highway. Has the East- West Rd been completed yet? After over two decades? And you have trillions to initiate another bogus project that would take 40 years or more to complete. God go judge una.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bad Roads: Lagos Intensifies Efforts To Fix Potholes / Nigeria To Begin Local Production Of E-passports / Oyo Government Reacts To Ibadan Explosion, Urges Residents To Remain Calm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.