Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) - Culture (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) (97436 Views)

The Igbo And Culture Of Apprenticeship / Voice-recording Of People Speaking Igbo And Bini in 1911 / Wikipedia In Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by aljharem3: 2:41am On Nov 22, 2011
ezeagu:

Bat wing "swagger".

na-ewe ya
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by Crayola1: 2:41am On Nov 22, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Abeg more pixs jare kiss

You know I will, the first couple brought you to your senses kiss maybe the next set will teach you a new trick kiss But the third you'll thank me for my charity work cool
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by ezeagu(m): 2:42am On Nov 22, 2011
lagcity:

abeg go sleep. so iboland, south africa and liberia were not "conquered"? oh i forgot, it is called pacification cheesy. Achebe wrote abt it in his first novel

Igbo traditional clothing isn't desert Arabic.
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by lagcity(m): 2:42am On Nov 22, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Words.

Oya prove it grin

ahh cheesy cheesy. i'm a very modest dude. grin grin
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by manny4life(m): 2:42am On Nov 22, 2011
Wait o, so since yesterday and today, you guys still arguing into 12 pages? Argument is about swag?  shocked shocked shocked
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by aljharem3: 2:43am On Nov 22, 2011
manny4life:

Wait o, so since yesterday and today, you guys still arguing into 12 pages? Argument is about swag?  shocked shocked shocked

grin grin grin grin that is yoruba and igbo for you grin grin grin
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by ezeagu(m): 2:43am On Nov 22, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Now this is real meaning of hating grin grin

And this is modernisation:

[center][/center]
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by Nobody: 2:43am On Nov 22, 2011
Lagcity,
Me thinks this is really your look-alike

manny4life:

Argument turned to swag.  embarassed

We're still on Yoruba influence if you care to join. Igbo the swag talk wink
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by lagcity(m): 2:44am On Nov 22, 2011
ezeagu:

Igbo traditional clothing isn't desert Arabic.

oh i know that already, Igbo traditional garb is rafia grass. that's where the name Igbo comes from wink wink
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by Crayola1: 2:44am On Nov 22, 2011
alj_harem:

grin grin grin grin that is yoruba and igbo for you grin grin grin

Which was ultimately the point of this thread  grin
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by ezeagu(m): 2:45am On Nov 22, 2011
lagcity:

oh i know that already, Igbo traditional garb is rafia grass. that's where the name Igbo comes from wink wink

Igbo wear raffia grass. Yoruba were tossed around by Arabs. Deal.
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by lagcity(m): 2:46am On Nov 22, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Lagcity,
Me thinks this is really your look-alike

Argument turned to swag.  embarassed

We're still on Yoruba influence if you care to join. Igbo the swag talk wink

which one? the left one or right one? cheesy
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by manny4life(m): 2:47am On Nov 22, 2011
@ Ileke,

Join gini? Biko, this argument is time wasting. So modernizing a cloth means that you own the originality and genuity of the cloth?
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by Nobody: 2:47am On Nov 22, 2011
manny4life:

@ Ileke,

Join gini? Biko, this argument is time wasting. So modernizing a cloth means that you own the originality and genuity of the cloth?

Then leave the thread and let these ppl tear themselves apart. grin
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by Nobody: 2:48am On Nov 22, 2011
lagcity:

which one? the left one or right one? cheesy

Choose one. kiss

@post
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by ezeagu(m): 2:48am On Nov 22, 2011
"Tear themselves apart", hah, ironic. . . .

ezeagu:

[size=14pt]Conquered and unconquered lands.[/size]

[center][img]http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/africa/africa_islam_87.jpg[/img][/center]
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by lagcity(m): 2:48am On Nov 22, 2011
ezeagu:

Igbo wear raffia grass. Yoruba were tossed around by Arabs. Deal.

for where? we neva met Arabs. ask the people who were part of Ghana, Mali and Songhay Empires.
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by Nobody: 2:49am On Nov 22, 2011
This pix is just too beautiful, offtopic here

Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by Crayola1: 2:49am On Nov 22, 2011
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by ezeagu(m): 2:49am On Nov 22, 2011
lagcity:

for where? we neva met Arabs. ask the people who were part of Ghana, Mali and Songhay Empires.

Ask them about Benin that ran through you to them? Oh, you're talking about the origin of your Islamic conquest, e.g current attire.
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by manny4life(m): 2:50am On Nov 22, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Then leave the thread and let these ppl tear themselves apart. grin

Tear themselves apart? Me think it's not that important to tear yourself apart, besides I'm just observing because some of the claims on here is plain bogus, but I will continue to observe
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by Nobody: 2:50am On Nov 22, 2011
Crayola1:

[img]http://politicaldemotivation.files./2008/04/obama_tired.jpg[/img]

You sure?

You're still here. Shiot is still given.  kiss
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by OneNaira6: 2:51am On Nov 22, 2011
lagcity:

Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by Nobody: 2:52am On Nov 22, 2011
manny4life:

Tear themselves apart? Me think it's not that important to tear yourself apart, besides I'm just observing because some of the claims on here is plain bogus, [size=18pt]but I will continue to observe[/size]

Please continue, that's the main purpose of the thread.
LOL Yes, let them tear themselves apart.  wink
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by Crayola1: 2:52am On Nov 22, 2011
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by lagcity(m): 2:53am On Nov 22, 2011
ezeagu:

Ask them about Benin that ran through you to them? Oh, you're talking about the origin of your Islamic conquest, e.g current attire.

hey, are u ok at all? Islamic conquest for odualand. i laugh in oshimili
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by ezeagu(m): 2:55am On Nov 22, 2011
lagcity:

hey, are u ok at all? Islamic conquest for odualand. i laugh in oshimili

[center][img]http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/africa/africa_islam_87.jpg[/img]

[/center]

BATMAN!
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by Crayola1: 2:55am On Nov 22, 2011
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by lagcity(m): 2:59am On Nov 22, 2011
ezeagu:

[center][img]http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/africa/africa_islam_87.jpg[/img]

[/center]

BATMAN!

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. mehn, what a day!
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by htajz: 3:00am On Nov 22, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

This pix is just too beautiful, offtopic here

all i see is yoruba slaves promoting islamic culture but its understandable since you were conqured by the fulani  tongue
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by manny4life(m): 3:02am On Nov 22, 2011
@lagcity,

To back up what @ezeagu is stating, if you remember the "Achaemenid or the Old Persian Empire" and how it spanned into three continents; Asia, Africa and Europe. This was how Islam was rapidly introduced to the world and Africa.
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by lagcity(m): 3:06am On Nov 22, 2011
htajz:

all i see is yoruba slaves promoting islamic culture but its understandable since you were conqured by the fulani tongue

smiley smiley cheesy cheesy an Ijaw calling someone a slave. very funny. your elder brothers are discussing here, go get urself ogogoro. drunken fisherman.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (28) (Reply)

Top 10 Most Spoken Nigerian Languages / Yoruba "express You Self In Proverbs "owee"" / 'Manhood' Celebration In Edo, Topless Ladies Spotted At Ceremony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.