Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,122 members, 7,818,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) - Culture (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) (97433 Views)

The Igbo And Culture Of Apprenticeship / Voice-recording Of People Speaking Igbo And Bini in 1911 / Wikipedia In Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by odumchi: 2:04am On Nov 22, 2011
alj_harem:

Very very false and wrong

clothing was introduced to ghanaians by Fulanis

ashanti use to wear stone cloth back then and that was why they were the protective culture

LWKMD

1 Like

Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by aljharem3: 2:05am On Nov 22, 2011
htajz:

and what the bleep is gele ?? head tie is head tie ,ileki stop fooling yoruself here

i thought u were ijaw

what do u know of head gear ?

grin grin
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by ezeagu(m): 2:05am On Nov 22, 2011
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by Nobody: 2:05am On Nov 22, 2011
ezeagu:

Yeah, that's because your wear Arab clothing, not actual African clothing so you can't be inspired by the Igbo.

That's right, some people modified Arab clothing and some modified grass.
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by htajz: 2:06am On Nov 22, 2011
alj_harem:

i thought u were ijaw

what do u know of head gear ?

grin grin

u smoking weed ijaw women wear the same head tie as everyother eastern women
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by ezeagu(m): 2:07am On Nov 22, 2011
Aigbofa:

Better grass than for your grass house to be set ablaze by a Fulani crew, no? Ran through by Arabs.
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by Jenifa1: 2:07am On Nov 22, 2011
NRI PRIEST:

Igbo people call head tie "ichafu isi", yorubas call it gele.
And what is that outfit Fashola is wearin
Ezeagu,thanks for posting that Fashola pics!! Let me see what will happen now !!

yoruba people call head tie "ibori"
"gele" is a special kind of ibori that is more flamboyant. usually made with stiffer material (woven aso-oke, damask etc) that can hold up the elaborate styles.
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by ezeagu(m): 2:08am On Nov 22, 2011
[center][/center]
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by aljharem3: 2:08am On Nov 22, 2011
ezeagu:

What page?

click on the link, it should take you to the page of bronze discovery

then read from 98 - 117
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by ezeagu(m): 2:09am On Nov 22, 2011
alj_harem:

click on the link, it should take you to the page of bronze discovery

then read from 98 - 117

I just want to read the part about the Kanuri.
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by aljharem3: 2:09am On Nov 22, 2011
htajz:

u smoking weed ijaw women wear the same head tie as everyother eastern women

stfu

eastern women did not have head gear not talk of ijaw women
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by odumchi: 2:09am On Nov 22, 2011
Ezeagu you won't kill me!  grin grin grin
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by ezeagu(m): 2:11am On Nov 22, 2011
odumchi:

Ezeagu you won't kill me!  grin grin grin

Don't fret, it's not you I'm out for.

[center]

Fulani - Yigbooooooo![/center]
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by Nobody: 2:11am On Nov 22, 2011
Aigbofa:

LOL Are you serious?

One is talking about stone clothing, another grass clothing.
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by Jenifa1: 2:12am On Nov 22, 2011
NRI PRIEST:

And what is that outfit Fashola is wearing
Ezeagu,thanks for posting that Fashola pics!! Let me see what will happen now !!

fashola was attending a  non-yoruba event  (he donated a creche to a catholic church in lagos). so he had to dress appropriately. It still has a yoruba look. but more subtle
more pics:

[img]http://4.bp..com/_lxI-LUDmW60/TCiF7QUkOWI/AAAAAAAAB6A/5fvafuyLfe4/s400/Fashola+11.jpg[/img]
[img]http://3.bp..com/_lxI-LUDmW60/TCiF8UOreNI/AAAAAAAAB6Y/P1ZaF8--rRg/s400/Fasola+13.jpg
[/img]
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by htajz: 2:12am On Nov 22, 2011
alj_harem:

stfu

eastern women did not have head gear not talk of ijaw women

your a pathetic follow but i dont blame you , this is the same illiteracy of northerners we complain of all the time, dumbite, as for the men that type of hat rochas wear all the time is indigenous to eastern groups too mumu
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by Jenifa1: 2:12am On Nov 22, 2011
none of these governors will dress like that to a yoruba event.
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by ezeagu(m): 2:13am On Nov 22, 2011
[center]

The chosen attire for today's African leaders. No more dinosaur clothing. No more excessing folding.[/center]
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by htajz: 2:13am On Nov 22, 2011
one day you and ilekidi will wake and tell us you invented jeans
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by ezeagu(m): 2:14am On Nov 22, 2011
Jenifa_:

True, they trawl through an Arabs closet for that.
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by OneNaira6: 2:14am On Nov 22, 2011
^^^^@scholes

I found the picture from a Nigerian website, it was listed as Yoruba. Pele if it's not Yoruba. It gladly supports my claim that Sudano-Sahelian attire spread throughout West Africa and noone beside them can claim agbada.

If it makes you feel any better, you can replace that picture with this one for comparison. Posted by Ileke-idi herself.

Carry on with who created Gele or not arguments, I just heard my name and i wanted to clear somethings out.  Oya out I go.
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by Nobody: 2:15am On Nov 22, 2011
Jenifa_:

Talkless of a Yoruba traditional wedding.

htajz:

one day you and ilekidi will wake and tell us you invented jeans

That day will be November 3, 2013, mark it on your calendar.
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by ezeagu(m): 2:15am On Nov 22, 2011
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by Jenifa1: 2:15am On Nov 22, 2011
ezeagu:

[center]

The chosen attire for today's African leaders. No more dinosaur clothing. No more excessing folding.[/center]

yup. that's yoruba business attire.  wink
wedding attire on the other hand is more  kiss kiss
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by ezeagu(m): 2:16am On Nov 22, 2011
Jenifa_:

yup. that's yoruba business attire.  wink
wedding attire on the other hand is more  kiss kiss

More meaning desert Arab drapes?
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by Jenifa1: 2:16am On Nov 22, 2011
One_Naira:

^^^^@scholes

I found the picture from a Nigerian website, it was listed as Yoruba.  Pele if it's not Yoruba.  It gladly supports my claim that Sudano-Sahelian attire spread throughout West Africa and noone beside them can claim agbada.

If it makes you feel any better, you can replace that picture with this one for comparison.  Posted by Ileke-idi herself.

Carry on with who created Gele or not arguments,  I just heard my name and i wanted to clear somethings out.  Oya out I go.

definitely yoruba. that's the ooni of ife to the far left.
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by Nobody: 2:17am On Nov 22, 2011
Lemme leave ppl to vex for a while.

Odumchi, leave the thread unlocked or we for fight for this section grin
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by ezeagu(m): 2:17am On Nov 22, 2011
[center][/center]

Impeccable tast: Today's leaders are no longer interested in batwings. Superhero capes. Something professional, like an Isiagu, is best suited.
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by htajz: 2:17am On Nov 22, 2011
imagine someone trying to claim lace as yoruba invention shocked shocked shocked shocked God help us for nairaland.
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by ezeagu(m): 2:19am On Nov 22, 2011
[center][/center]

Up Isiagu ACN! Sidenote: Is that guy doin the Heil Hitler Must be the heat from the dinosaur bat wings.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (28) (Reply)

Top 10 Most Spoken Nigerian Languages / Yoruba "express You Self In Proverbs "owee"" / 'Manhood' Celebration In Edo, Topless Ladies Spotted At Ceremony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.