Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,534 members, 7,850,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:43 AM

Do Married Men Envy Bachelors? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do Married Men Envy Bachelors? (28840 Views)

How Do Married Men Hustling In The Diaspora Cope With Sexual Urges / Why Do Married Men Suddenly Lose Interest In Their Wives and try to avoid her? / What Benefits Do Married Persons Enjoy Better Than Single People? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Married Men Envy Bachelors? by UNNGRADUATEEE: 3:29am On May 08
adebayosun02:
The first picture in the post show the quality of a man
The second picture shows the quality of a kid.

So, OP kindly decipher where u belong out of this two pictures
If not that am obliging to my moral upbringing then I would have called you a fool.

3 Likes

Re: Do Married Men Envy Bachelors? by olamilarks(m): 3:30am On May 08
There was a time I envied bachelors so much that I wanted to abandon the family and move to another state to start out as a bachelor, It never happened. When God wan catch me ehn I was posted to another state for work and I had to leave my family in my state, I missed them so deeply that I didn't even notice my former wish has been granted.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Married Men Envy Bachelors? by ussv: 3:35am On May 08
Do you ?
Re: Do Married Men Envy Bachelors? by UNNGRADUATEEE: 3:35am On May 08
MVLOX:
Yes I do ooo.... i wish I could go back to get more prepared mentally, emotionally and most importantly financially
you are more apt to be deceived by women. It's a pity that you are already married. Can't you divorce?
Re: Do Married Men Envy Bachelors? by UNNGRADUATEEE: 3:42am On May 08
MVLOX:

I honestly know I am not missing anything and of course I am moving forward even if in the eyes of the world and maybe some so called close family members it seems like things are moving slow but I do know for a fact that progress is progress.... There is nothing like slow progress... I have 4 children. In fact they are reason I know the future is bright and period of rejoicing is closer than I even think....
Be deceiving yourself, bringing a child to this world to suffer is more a deadly sin that homosexuality, gays and lesbianism!

3 Likes

Re: Do Married Men Envy Bachelors? by UNNGRADUATEEE: 3:46am On May 08
ProtonX:
Short answer is NO. I never have. I have been married for almost a decade and a half and what we have achieved in life as a family is what I never would have dreamed of as a bachelor. I married a woman who looks out for me the way I look out for her. We've built a solid fortress spiritually, physically, financially, etc. I won't have had it this good alone. My life was scattered especially because I was forced to be independent at a young age and I left home at around 17. Sometimes I imagine if I didn't wife her when I did, another man would have cupped this gift that God willingly gave me. TWO GOOD HEADS ARE BETTER THAN ONE. We're not without disagreements sometimes but we've so far maintained a peaceful home. Yes, life gets chaotic but knowing you have a genuine person, no chaos is big enough. Learning and unlearning is constant in our marriage and knowing what God requires of us per time. We have been intentional about our relationship especially when our kids came in the picture. From just date nights enjoying some of our favorite TV shows indoors to trips where we focus on each other and plan the next month, next quarter, etc. We keep a united front before our relatives including our parents, friends, our children, etc. I sometimes re-read my kids' school composition about us as their parents, and I genuinely ball my eyes. God gave me the best gift and I almost lost her wasting time that year. But to God be the glory. No regrets.
This your trap won't entrap any sensible bachelor. Enjoy your marital pains alone!

4 Likes

Re: Do Married Men Envy Bachelors? by Fhowe: 3:59am On May 08
Uche559:
1. Remember old age sha ooo....
2. There r working class / business minded ladies, wetin u dey look for single broke girls for

we all would get old if you are rich old age is not a problem , i know of a particular bachelor in my former estate he was a landlord there we got talking at a lounger i was shocked when he told me he was not married , he his always looking nice has a chef in his house omo that year i dey emvy the guy oo

7 Likes

Re: Do Married Men Envy Bachelors? by ogreemah(m): 4:06am On May 08
Been married is far better than been single.

For a man, it makes him coordinated and it increases your IQ output. You actually get more money when you're married.

Been single limits you to just yourself and when you get to 60, 70 still single your life will be miserable.

The secret code to marriage: have very few kids. Even one is ok

2 Likes

Re: Do Married Men Envy Bachelors? by Lucas4903: 4:57am On May 08
DoWhatThouWilt:
Do they?

I love and enjoy my current state of bachelorhood and honestly I do not have the desire to get married now or in future because personally I have come to the realisation that men are living in a world today where there are too many impossible expectations to meet.

Recently, I have been noticing subtle hints of envy from my colleagues at work who are married just from the statements they make.

For example, they usually try to belittle me with statements like You're still a small boy, you don put woman for house? whenever we are having non heated argument over a topic that doesn't even concern marriage in anyway.

When it is their turn to work for some few hours on weekends they make statements like Men like us no suppose they do duty, na una (single men) suppose do am as if I don't have other affairs to attend to during the weekend.

So married men in the House, Do you people envy single men?

Werey don drop quote. How on earth will I envy your Bachelorhood and your desire not to get married. Probably your friends or colleagues are screwed in their various relationships. Your life, your choice, your decision not to get married, your choice also. Those envying you are merely envying rubb!sh or they don’t know what they got into. Mtchewwwwww

1 Like

Re: Do Married Men Envy Bachelors? by pocohantas(f): 5:04am On May 08
cococandy:

The men wouldn’t even let us converse in peace. You’ll see them taking over the conversation to tell us how we should feel, think and respond undecided

Coco, they would have been defending the same marriage just to spite supposed evening newspapers. People wey no well.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do Married Men Envy Bachelors? by toprealman: 5:08am On May 08
DoWhatThouWilt:
Do they?

I love and enjoy my current state of bachelorhood and honestly I do not have the desire to get married now or in future because personally I have come to the realisation that men are living in a world today where there are too many impossible expectations to meet.

Recently, I have been noticing subtle hints of envy from my colleagues at work who are married just from the statements they make.

For example, they usually try to belittle me with statements like You're still a small boy, you don put woman for house? whenever we are having non heated argument over a topic that doesn't even concern marriage in anyway.

When it is their turn to work for some few hours on weekends they make statements like Men like us no suppose they do duty, na una (single men) suppose do am as if I don't have other affairs to attend to during the weekend.

What type of workplace will have so much time for such banality?
Re: Do Married Men Envy Bachelors? by Enemyofpeace: 5:20am On May 08
Bachelorwood remains the best part of man’s life

3 Likes

Re: Do Married Men Envy Bachelors? by Blessedarethepe(m): 5:30am On May 08
BodyCount:
YES!

Especially the ones who ended up marrying a COMMUNITY TOOL.

- AN AVERAGE OR UGLY GIRL WITH BAD CHARACTER

- A LEFTOVER

- A USED PRODUCT

- A GIRL YOU FOUND OUT TO BE PRETENDING

- A GIRL THAT HAS BEEN USED AND PASSED AROUND BY NUMEROUS GUYS...

In whatever you do in this life, MAKE SURE YOU MARRY A VIRGIN THAT FEARS AND RESPECT GOD, OTHERWISE YOUR DOOM IS 50-50 IN LIFE.

As man, if you're unfortunately in this situation and you're financially okay, THE BEST THING you can do for yourself is to marry another wife with better spec and qualities.
Islam, traditional religion and Christianity is NOT AGAINST POLYGAMY.

No prophet in the bible or Qur'an married one wife.
Even Jesus would have probably married if he didn't leave the world at young age, and there are even rumours that he was in a relationship with Mary Magdalen...
how about a beautiful wife with bad character?
Re: Do Married Men Envy Bachelors? by Ed12(m): 5:31am On May 08
If a man point it out to you
You are truly still a small boy..

What do you know about responsibilities.
Decisions and consequences.

They are already in a world you still dream of..it is not envy, it is factual..
Re: Do Married Men Envy Bachelors? by ChybuzzDD(m): 5:32am On May 08
Bahamas95:
Honestly this is a very foolish question...... Before I got married I always admired married couples.

I got married few months back and it's one of the best decisions I have made in my life, family and friends now respect me more than before. Heads turn whenever I step out with my stunning Edo beauty.

No gain jumping from one woman to another, I have been there before.......Since I got married I have peace of mind, no more unnecessary expenses.

Just few months back and you're already shouting?

Let's see how it goes in the next 3 to 5yrs

7 Likes

Re: Do Married Men Envy Bachelors? by tulabh: 5:34am On May 08
Lexusgs430:

Do you reside under a rock........ 😁

You forget that you moved next apartment to mine
Re: Do Married Men Envy Bachelors? by skj1377(m): 5:40am On May 08
abobote:
Yes, I should have left everything on baby mama.

My next door neighbour is a bachelor, the way the guy enjoys different girls, sometimes 3 in a day, is enough to get you jealous.
I feel I didn't enjoy my bachelorship enough

Now I know why men die before their wives

The lawyer in the office beside me is now dead. He was fund of bringing ladies to his office for sex. In a day he can bring 3 mostly students as he was a part-time lecturer. That lifestyle is not sustainable usually ends in regret.

1 Like

Re: Do Married Men Envy Bachelors? by bluefilm: 5:45am On May 08
jumper524:
it has ots ups and down but in general it makes you a man.
even you if you get pikin for future, you go see your self like how graduates dey see non graduates for street.

This your reason alone shows how vain the whole thing is

1 Like

Re: Do Married Men Envy Bachelors? by Fujiyama: 5:45am On May 08
Princewill1:
If you were born in a poor family or in an average income family, life is already leading you by 1:0.

If your father is not present in your life as a growing young man, life is leading you by 2:0.

Then if you later marry without fixing yourself, life is leading you by 3:0.

At this point, It will be extremely difficult for you to equalize and later win in life.

^^^
There's a lot of truth in this.

5 Likes

Re: Do Married Men Envy Bachelors? by Elidrisy20: 5:46am On May 08
It depence, some bachelors too dey suffer well ! !! !!!
Re: Do Married Men Envy Bachelors? by Lexusgs430: 5:48am On May 08
tulabh:

You forget that you moved next apartment to mine

In my own apartment, single ladies are chasing married men........

Open your window....... 😂🤣
Re: Do Married Men Envy Bachelors? by franchasofficia: 5:50am On May 08
DoWhatThouWilt:
Do they?

I will answer you sincerely as I can as a happily married man that I am.

I am married and very happy being married for some reasons I will list below:

1.) I married a wonderful lady. So understanding, accommodating, calm, coordinated, mature and above all, she is too fine like, OMG. I sometimes wonder how her male colleagues cope. She once said one of her directors said he doesn't know why the prettiest ones in her profession love rushing to marry as if something is pursuing them lol.

The only thing I disliked about my wife initially was her profession which I use to despise but after being married to her for some years now, I have come to cherish her profession more than ever before, as it seems to be the most respected profession in the world and the level of respect it draws towards her and myself from all angles; Church, societal gatherings, family, etc made me realized that I married a rare gem.

Another thing I do correct her whenever both of us are around at same time is how she screams at domestic staffs when they do something wrong, which she do later apologize. This is the only flaw I have seen in her which I have been working hard to correct and there seems to be great improvement. Seems that thing is a natural weakness for most black women, sighs

2.) Another reason I am always excited being married is my kids; if you set your eyes on my kids, you will become angry with yourself that you are still single, but remember, those lovely creatures cost a fortune to keep them glittering and sparkling like star. They give me so much joy, especially my super gorgeous daughter, OMG, that chick is going to shake the world positively of course grin I see the greatness in her already.

3.) I sincerely doubt if I would have gotten to where I am in life today at my young age if I had remained single. My wife helped organized my life, especially financially because before I married her, I wasn't financially organized in the sense that I spent money foolishly on useless things and had awkward mentality about getting married. I always saw marriage as tying myself down from exploring shocked

But today, if I look back at my little achievements at my age, I just give God the glory because e no easy at all (I have to praise myself because it's not easy being an employer of over 15 persons including domestic staffs and even an Asian).

Imagine paying different office rents worth between 5million to 7million annually for how many years straight now no borrowing or panicking. The joy is endless for me.

I doubt if I would have achieved this being single cos oringo for don finish me with how bad and insatiable I became after I started seeing good income. Forget stories, marriage organize lots of men who are lucky to marry their soulmate like me.

3.) Another reason I feel happy being married is the respect and dignity it brings especially in Nigeria. Among family members, friends, Church gatherings, events. If you take good care of your family (wife and kids) and you guys go out for outing or vacation, you will see how the world admires you as the man, their smiling stares alone will make you proud of having your own family.

Now I will have to be blunt on some of the things I do imagine and maybe miss as a married man.

1.) The thought of being so free to mingle and bring any chick you catch home without worries, this makes me envy single guys sometimes when I am having skosko shocked grin

That feeling of having different hot chicks fly in from all corners of the city to come visit you can make a successful man cancel the issue of getting married lol cheesy

It's always sweet having Cynthia visit this week, and Nelly to come next 2 weeks while discussing with Aisha on her month end visitation grin grin

Na only here I de envy you single guys once in a while cheesy

2.) Another time I get somehow pissed being married is when my kids carers are off duty and wifey not around, and I am left with them alone in the house when I have something to do outside the house. These kids can frustrate your life that you may feel like running away. Daaadyyy daddyyy daddyyy like your name will be ringing repeatedly like a song on repeat, and they don't understand mood, they want you to play 247 non-stop until God sends sleep their way, that is the only time you will have rest lol.

And if you dare shout at them, someone like my daughter will yell out and rush to hold you so tight with a very heartbreaking cry that will leave you melted cry

3.) Lastly, another thing that might make some married guys envy single guys is the expenses. Honestly I pity financially struggling married young men because I can't even imagine it. How are they coping? If I release the figure of what my two kids alone consume and the cost of taking care of them, including cost of paying for their carer and nanny, many people will scream. I know such money could build mansion in a year if saved, but then, who knows if I didn't have them, I might be wasting more than that on frivolities, foolish jamboree and chicks grin

So op, not all married men envy single guys but once in a while you as a young below 40yrs married man will miss your single guy days, and it's mostly when it comes to freedom to mingle with chicks and bring chicks to your bachelor house, aside that, I doubt any genuinely married guy envy single guys, maybe there might be some who are married to the wrong ladies sha

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do Married Men Envy Bachelors? by Saviola86: 5:54am On May 08
I think it's a wish.

Among my friends we are only two yet to be married (me and a guy). So far I have seen my married friends and how drastic they changed.

Some, life has taken a U-turn for the worse because they have become shadows of themselves while to some, financially they've improved but with little squabbles here and there with their partners.

The ones I work with, I see them staying back at work even after close of work. They are like Omo that house tire me, Omo guy Una wey never Marry they lucky, Omo guy I dey see those wey get baby mama and I just wish say na that route I take, Omo guy see this guy wey get children without wife is fulfilled.

They complain both the comfortable and uncomfortable. I understand it could be maybe at times when something gets heated at home.

For me I want to get married, I crave it , mentally, spiritually, ready for it. but rushing into it with the wrong person is what I do not want.

I have been in a relationship with my best friend. She was my best friend even before we started courting years ago and years down the line she is still my best friend beyond relationship. I hope and pray the friendship continues even beyond marriage

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Married Men Envy Bachelors? by Fujiyama: 5:55am On May 08
adebayosun02:
The first picture in the post show the quality of a man
The second picture shows the quality of a kid.

So, OP kindly decipher where u belong out of this two pictures

^^^
grin

No.

The first picture shows a man on fast track to an early grave. Those constant arguments will wear him down and turn him into a shell of what he once was.

The second picture shows a man who is building his physical strength (hopefully he is building his mental strength too). He will soon get to that turning point when he has to choose a woman.

If the man in the second picture chooses poorly, he will end up like the man in the first picture. If he chooses wisely, the sky is his limit.

7 Likes

Re: Do Married Men Envy Bachelors? by blakkydikky(m): 6:01am On May 08
DoWhatThouWilt:
Do they?

Ki lo n dun ninu apọn t'o n fí iṣu s'ina t'o n sufe?

1 Like

Re: Do Married Men Envy Bachelors? by ChybuzzDD(m): 6:03am On May 08
cococandy:
May you and your wife continue to be blessed
It’s a breath of fresh air seeing a man appreciate the woman in his life on this nairaland .

That's just because only a handful of men have good women in their lives

The overwhelming majority are not that lucky

5 Likes

Re: Do Married Men Envy Bachelors? by occfx: 6:08am On May 08
traware:
I have been married for over 9 years now but believe me, each time I see any young man about to get married, I will just pity the man instead of happy for him. Marriage is not what it use to be in olden days.

--Slurity

I am planning self awareness to the young lads on how to handle marriage. The culture is no longer beneficial to young men. You have to design your own marriage irrespective of any pressure from society.

3 Likes

Re: Do Married Men Envy Bachelors? by Yeancahmie007(m): 6:09am On May 08
Have you ever counted your used gf and find out how many is married? E go shock you.
Re: Do Married Men Envy Bachelors? by Ebenfat: 6:18am On May 08
I'm not married yet. But I think last last we should manage ourselves

2 Likes

Re: Do Married Men Envy Bachelors? by Hassanmaye(m): 6:25am On May 08
advanceDNA:
Single life is bae.....

because women are usually broke, looking for what they can't afford and sex, u will still enjoy all the perks of being married without being married......
. And if she wants to start nagging too much and demanding for school fees of children wey we never born .........Oya .....come dey carry ur wahala go ur papa house.....

Haha
Re: Do Married Men Envy Bachelors? by occfx: 6:32am On May 08
fykes:
Are you effing kidding boy? You got no clue... I thought I was balling until I married and had my son.

Known no better life than watching that tiny bundle of joy...no better love than watching your wife give birth...

Dude if you marry your wife/ best friend, you are truly blessed...I can't speak on marrying wrongly cos I didn't.

But please 🙏 trust God for a woman who is a wife indeed...aint nothing any single human man or woman got on you.

Na only brokenness dey kill this joy.. The joy of your best friend as wife be like heaven

1 Like

Re: Do Married Men Envy Bachelors? by maasoap(m): 6:32am On May 08
DoWhatThouWilt:
Do they?

No, I don't. I got married when I got tired of bachelorhood and I have never regretted getting married, not even for once. On the contrary, no bachelor would see my marriage and not envy or become jealous grin grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Why Are There Many Pregnant Brides Nowadays? / My Elder Brother Doesn't Send Me Money Except I Lie / Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence.

Viewing this topic: Excelboi(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.