Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,102 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

How Did You Come About Nl? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Did You Come About Nl? (4759 Views)

Nairaland Is Now 1.3millions Members - Share Your Experience about NL here! / How Did You Come About Your Monicker? / What Makes You Come On Nairaland And What Pisses You Off About Nl? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Come About Nl? by WhyAWhy(m): 9:43am On Nov 23, 2011
[size=13pt]Yeah my friends introduced me to the white stuff, I can't stop dragging it everyday, oops, I tot I was in the Hard DRUGS Section, my bahd  grin grin grin[/size]
Re: How Did You Come About Nl? by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 9:44am On Nov 23, 2011
Dont really remember
Re: How Did You Come About Nl? by Nobody: 9:45am On Nov 23, 2011
was searching for money online  tongue
Re: How Did You Come About Nl? by chinnyonwu(m): 9:46am On Nov 23, 2011
Google search
Re: How Did You Come About Nl? by Suntemi(m): 9:47am On Nov 23, 2011
I was introduced to Nl by a friend in 2006. I wasn't interested at first but now I'm addicted.
Re: How Did You Come About Nl? by Nobody: 9:48am On Nov 23, 2011
iyatrustee:

mine was coincidental. each time i use the google search engine on nigerian based issues, it always direct me to nairaland. nairaland was always prominent cos they seem to be knowledgeable and this happened on countless occasions. Been here  living happily eversince! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Same as Ijogz K, Most searches was always directing me to N/L and it kept pissing me off, Went to we we and came back to even check what they had to offer. And i fell in love. I fink it was the Joke section at 1st, then sexuality section, and am now settled with the Religion and Politics section. Have introduces virtually all my friends to N/L, And pick up arguments using N/L as my back-up
Re: How Did You Come About Nl? by gigabytes: 10:10am On Nov 23, 2011
Sometime between 2002 and 03 we discussed NL on our forum then LETSTALKGSM from there I signed up.
Re: How Did You Come About Nl? by crackhouse(m): 10:14am On Nov 23, 2011
Because i am an internet wanderer.
Re: How Did You Come About Nl? by hubreality(m): 10:20am On Nov 23, 2011
Saw one guy next to me surfing the Nairaland forum with full enthusiasm in an Internet cafe in 2008, I immediately joined to find out what was actually taking his keen attention like that. grin cool
Re: How Did You Come About Nl? by PupetMasta(m): 10:22am On Nov 23, 2011
A friend introduced me nairaland, He just returned back from Nigeria and I was trying to get a gist from him when he told me he saw a sex tape and I might know the girl. He could not remember the name of the website he saw the video so he googled it and we ended up in Nairaland. I did not return to Nairaland till about a year latter when I was in Nigeria and decided to look for a job, I googled and I ended up in Nairaland again and since then I have not looked back.
Re: How Did You Come About Nl? by Funkymallam(m): 10:23am On Nov 23, 2011
Was searching for browsing cheats sometime in 2008, dat was hw i got here.
Re: How Did You Come About Nl? by crackhouse(m): 10:24am On Nov 23, 2011
careytommy:

was searching for money online  tongue
did u later get the money?
Re: How Did You Come About Nl? by OneNaira6: 10:34am On Nov 23, 2011
My friend told me about it. I couldn't believe some of the stories he narrated about Nairaland, I needed to see it for myself.

Who would have thought the stories were true.
Re: How Did You Come About Nl? by Nobody: 10:39am On Nov 23, 2011
looking for a way out of Nigeria 2007 conference and stuff and i keep landing on NL hen i kuku join ever since then addicted sotay in the desert if i remember any comment i will burst into laugh when other look serious and they spying at me as if i don dey kolo even up till now EVEN IN CHURCH I BURST INTO LAUGH NO REASON sad AM ADDICTED cry
Re: How Did You Come About Nl? by warripekin(m): 10:55am On Nov 23, 2011
I was looking for IICE who used to be a neighbour back in the day. Then I found Pweety4them who lead me to mamagee, who introduced me to Iyatrustee but Iyatrustee unfriendly posturing got me entangled with Ileke idi who happened to be a yoruba irredentist. On my own I found Babe in her girly ways whose musings made me notice Rokiatu in her motherly advice, then it was miss potato the filipino princess who made a mistake by falling in love with a nigerian dude. From misspotato I got to know Naya, sweet as ever and always ready to share in your pains but mrs chima the feminist will antagonize you all the time. Ogugua88 may be sweet but I don't buy her moral relativism bulshit and Ujujoan understands this but Ogugua's supporters like freecocoa,inked-nerd, goldie will always call my bloff. All in all, my spirits rest in chaircover in nairaland.
Re: How Did You Come About Nl? by warripekin(m): 10:56am On Nov 23, 2011
I was looking for IICE who used to be a neighbour back in the day. Then I found Pweety4them who lead me to mamagee, who introduced me to Iyatrustee but Iyatrustee unfriendly posturing got me entangled with Ileke idi who happened to be a yoruba irredentist. On my own I found Babe in her girly ways whose musings made me notice Rokiatu in her motherly advice, then it was miss potato the filipino princess who made a mistake by falling in love with a nigerian dude. From misspotato I got to know Naya, sweet as ever and always ready to share in your pains but mrs chima the feminist will antagonize you all the time. Ogugua88 may be sweet but I don't buy her moral relativism bulshit and Ujujoan understands this but Ogugua's supporters like freecocoa,inked-nerd, goldie will always call my bloff. All in all, my spirits rest in chaircover in nairaland.
Re: How Did You Come About Nl? by Tosinville(m): 10:57am On Nov 23, 2011
Thru Vmobile browser homepage in 2006 as a guest but end up becoming a member in 08.
Re: How Did You Come About Nl? by sandraa(f): 10:59am On Nov 23, 2011
Was looking for holiday gateaway in nigeria on google and nairaland had a gist on la capaigne tropicana, so me got d info I needed visited d place came back to nairaland to give M̶̲̅O̶̷̩̥̊͡®ε̲̣̣̣̥ info of d resort!
since den I became an addict!, Most times jst reading thru, I love d fight and plenty M̶̲̅O̶̷̩̥̊͡®ε̲̣̣̣̥, Like d others initiated pple to join too, laugh out loud in d whn I remember some funny sh*t said here!
The romance section jeez does guys shld form a country!, I will vote 190 as presido!
Re: How Did You Come About Nl? by Nebulae: 11:34am On Nov 23, 2011
My twin firestar got me hooked and I joined in 2006 then I stopped, forgot my username.
Used hers interchangably till I signed up recently.Then in 2006, we pretty had some sane users.
Re: How Did You Come About Nl? by maki(f): 11:37am On Nov 23, 2011
i joined Nairaland in 2006, through a linked site i cant really remember and since then i introduced nairaland to almost all my friends,
Re: How Did You Come About Nl? by sexlog(m): 12:07pm On Nov 23, 2011
It was 2007. Saw a friend browsing and laughing, then i look at d website without saying a word, then went straight to my system and typed d website. Just cant stop visiting NL since then.
Re: How Did You Come About Nl? by mightlove(f): 12:42pm On Nov 23, 2011
A friend told me about it when i was job hunting. I became a regular visitor and registered a few months after when I needed people's opinion on an issue. Ever since i have been hooked. Even though my busy schedule doesnt allow me as much time on it as i would love.
Re: How Did You Come About Nl? by Shersky: 12:49pm On Nov 23, 2011
I came about nairaland while looking for mtn and 'vmobile' broswing cheats/tricks in 2005. I registered immediately. After a while, I couldn't log in cos I forgot my password, forgot the email I used. Registered again, forgot again and forgot about NL for a long time. In 2009, I registered again with my main email address to prevent another memory loss.
Re: How Did You Come About Nl? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Nov 23, 2011
While searching for something on Google, i ended up here on NL and since then it's been my daily tablet, even colleagues call me nairaland at the office
Re: How Did You Come About Nl? by solomon111(m): 12:58pm On Nov 23, 2011
I always Come across nairaland,when searching for specific information,but after taking a look,i was like WTH,who are these people always arguing.That was when i joined,and i have really gained a lot.
Re: How Did You Come About Nl? by blackmale(m): 1:45pm On Nov 23, 2011
i discovered NL, the period dagrin died,
Re: How Did You Come About Nl? by olawalebabs(m): 1:59pm On Nov 23, 2011
i got interested about NL through jarus numerous reference about the site in some of his articles i read, though being coming across it in some Google search, but that never catch my attention.
Re: How Did You Come About Nl? by passionate88: 2:31pm On Nov 23, 2011
came across the site around september 2006, I was searching online for something,
Re: How Did You Come About Nl? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Nov 23, 2011
went to an Bleep site,

i saw an inscription,

[size=15pt]click here to see hot chicks[/size]

i clicked, nd it redirected to nairaland, undecided undecided undecided
Re: How Did You Come About Nl? by mobf: 3:33pm On Nov 23, 2011
was directed by google.

warripekin:

story
Re: How Did You Come About Nl? by Fellywood(m): 3:44pm On Nov 23, 2011
I got to know about NL through a Ghanaian social site. A Ghanaian who got pissed with insults & dirty comments there screamed, ``Why cant we do descent threads without abuses? Go look at Nigeria`s  Nairaland if you will ever see this rubbish there` . That is how I landed here O.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Come About Nl? by velo10: 4:12pm On Nov 23, 2011
This topic was recently discussed in a popular 9ja adult forum

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wow! Is This Mermaid Caught On Camera? (WATCH) / 36 Brilliant Paintings That Describe Everything Wrong With The World Today / Breaking News:wayne Rooney Signs New Five-year Contract At Manchester United

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.